Tweets V: Tweet and Tower

Comments

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Daganev said:
    Altrea said:
    Not sure if this is the best thread for this question, but does anybody know any/all of the things that would affect warrior wounding? Just had a situation where, using the same weapon (katana), an orclach (18str,14dex, considerable racial stat bonus to weapon) did ~850 wounding to 90/90 armour and a human (19str, 15dex) did >1000 wounding to 100/100 armour, and I admit to being very, very confused by this. Neither of us had any other buffs that would account for this that I can think of (though I could be wrong), and it's not a tertiary thing since both of us are trackers.

EDIT: Disregard. I ignored the obvious. It's amazing what a 5% DMP difference can do.
    Wounded is affected by the Precision of the weapon, and the Dex stat. Also the wounding rune.  Also, armour doesn't affect wounding on the head, you need a helmet for that.
    Wounding isn't really affected by Dex, it is affected by Strength.  Higher strength = more wounding.

The chance of rolling an affliction, however, is dependent upon an algorithm using current wounding level, then weighted by Dex (so higher dexterity gives you a better chance of rolling an affliction value higher up in your "wound window").
  • Xenthos said:
    Daganev said:
    Altrea said:
    Not sure if this is the best thread for this question, but does anybody know any/all of the things that would affect warrior wounding? Just had a situation where, using the same weapon (katana), an orclach (18str,14dex, considerable racial stat bonus to weapon) did ~850 wounding to 90/90 armour and a human (19str, 15dex) did >1000 wounding to 100/100 armour, and I admit to being very, very confused by this. Neither of us had any other buffs that would account for this that I can think of (though I could be wrong), and it's not a tertiary thing since both of us are trackers.

EDIT: Disregard. I ignored the obvious. It's amazing what a 5% DMP difference can do.
    Wounded is affected by the Precision of the weapon, and the Dex stat. Also the wounding rune.  Also, armour doesn't affect wounding on the head, you need a helmet for that.
    Wounding isn't really affected by Dex, it is affected by Strength.  Higher strength = more wounding.

The chance of rolling an affliction, however, is dependent upon an algorithm using current wounding level, then weighted by Dex (so higher dexterity gives you a better chance of rolling an affliction value higher up in your "wound window").
    Ah! Sorry about that missinformation there.
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    TIL you can't wear a Maurader's Mask while editing books - you'll fool the game system into believing you are not who you are.
  • edited November 2014

I love this guy

A centaur hunter says, "Welcome, Mimie, but mark you do not harm the forest."
    An elfen guard exclaims, "Enjoy your visit to the Serenwilde, Mimie. There's lots of great sights to
    be seen!"
    An elfen guard strikes a pose

He totes lightens the dread the hunters try to set

• Vivet said:
    TIL you can't wear a Maurader's Mask while editing books - you'll fool the game system into believing you are not who you are.
    What's the error message? Also, I wonder if bookbinders can write a book for the mask persona.
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Iytha said:
    Vivet said:
    What's the error message? Also, I wonder if bookbinders can write a book for the mask persona.
    Pretty sure it's the generic one - about repulsing your hand, which is why I was confused initially. Someone had to point out I was still masked.

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    150 dingbats to teleport to your god's fulcrux? 50 to throw trash away?

:/

Is there some new way to get dingbats besides memberships, and nobody told me?
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • The current promotion gives a little bit of everything but not enough for anything. Last month buying 500 credits got you 50 presents with hair curios. This month buying 500 credits gets you 10 presents with hair curios, and they release new hair curios......

• Shaddus said:

the 50db thing isn't that bad. but the 150 teleport is. But most of the divine items are a bit overpriced I think. If the idol were more around 50dbs, I would think about it a bit more (going off of the 50db prayer beads that save you from walking a few extra steps as well)
    Llandros said:

The current promotion gives a little bit of everything but not enough for anything. Last month buying 500 credits got you 50 presents with hair curios. This month buying 500 credits gets you 10 presents with hair curios, and they release new hair curios......

If they were smart, they'd release some sort of mob that turns your credits into dingbats and dingbats into goop at some specific rate. I'd buy credits just to turn into goop.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Shaddus said:
    The current promotion gives a little bit of everything but not enough for anything. Last month buying 500 credits got you 50 presents with hair curios. This month buying 500 credits gets you 10 presents with hair curios, and they release new hair curios......
    If they were smart, they'd release some sort of mob that turns your credits into dingbats and dingbats into goop at some specific rate. I'd buy credits just to turn into goop.
    The problem with credits to dingbats that I see is no would use it, if you set it too high or people wouldn't be able to sell their dingbats if you set it to low.
    I'll admit though, these new hair curios sound amazing.
  • Shaddus said:

Less people who would buy it equals more expensive for those who want it.
  • Is there anyone out there that's bought the new dolls (specifically the mischievous imp) and found that it doesn't work?

The Waha emote wasn't even activated when the new set came out and one required it. I'm not surprised in the least.

Just bug it and they'll fix it.
  • Shaddus said:
    The Waha emote
    Waha? Is it a doll of this guy?

Retired.
    Due to plagiarism and copyright laws, I have to respond in the negative.
  • We should have done a Movember beard growing challenge. Guy who grows the biggest bush gets a full free beard curio of his choosing.
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Arcanis said:
    We should have done a Movember beard growing challenge. Guy who grows the biggest bush gets a full free beard curio of his choosing.
    A laugh a minute you are. What about us? And no, don't make 'bushy' remarks or I'll have to smack you.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • edited November 2014
    grows the biggest bush

It's true, I really am you.
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    edited November 2014
    I firmly believe that Gloms are just sleeping underground. :(
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    I missed my Craken. :(
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • Siam said:
    I firmly believe that Gloms are just sleeping underground. :(
    I prefer to think that everyone is just in a different time zone than me.
  • I wish I could reach level 80 in real life, this sleeping and eating is for noobs

It's true, I really am you.
  • Naime said:
    I wish I could reach level 80 in real life, this sleeping and eating is for noobs
    If you are willing to go through the effort, you can hook up a tube for food, and take pills to stay awake (though you'll have to find another method to flush out your neurotoxins)

• Daganev said:
    Naime said:
    I wish I could reach level 80 in real life, this sleeping and eating is for noobs
    If you are willing to go through the effort, you can hook up a tube for food, and take pills to stay awake (though you'll have to find another method to flush out your neurotoxins)
    I sometimes wish IV-fluids were available to the general public :(
  • Right Now...

• EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    a citrus stole of orange blossoms and rind

frhshafhrhgehgbrh wHY CAN I NOT POOP DINGBATS
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Eritheyl said:
    a citrus stole of orange blossoms and rind

frhshafhrhgehgbrh wHY CAN I NOT POOP DINGBATS
    Does it make you into an orange? Do you end up rolling while wearing it?

That should be the next upgrade to stoles. Custom exit/enter messages.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
This discussion has been closed.