Tweets V: Tweet and Tower

Comments

• SelenitySelenity My first MC to stay in Serenwilde
    edited November 2014
    Synkarin said:
    It's weird when people treat other people crappy, and do things like hire people to kill my citymates, or take quest materials and not be willing to play nice and share, and then act all audacious when I go out of my way to grief them. 

But when you start comparing me to rape victims and victims of abuse, you're probably taking things a bit too far. 
    This would be the point where I would snub them, if it were me. I'm sorry someone extremely disrespectful and uncultured talked to you in such a way. :(
  • Haezon said:
    Siam said:
    eaf'Eramich = fae chimera :S

That's it, I'm out.
    This is why I just like to call them anti-fae.  
    Daganev said:
    Haezon said:
    Siam said:
    eaf'Eramich = fae chimera :S

That's it, I'm out.
    This is why I just like to call them anti-fae.  
  • why did you guys take so long to figure this out

arcanis was like 'ha that's clever' literally the first day they came out
  • Marcella said:
    why did you guys take so long to figure this out

Daganev Facepalmed, as soon as he saw them, and made fun of the fire city (One day I will learn how to spell the citiy's name)  for not being able to come up with proper names.
    Are y'all trying to live update, @Estarra, @Ieptix, @Saesh? Because we have novices and low level players starving to death unable to cure their hunger.
  • It's fixed.
    7c95dbc25a4a9ae292cccb899a49a79b18529207e135ebccd89c0877d386ebea
    ALL HAIL THE MIGHTY GLOW CLOUD.
    Ieptix said:
    It's fixed.
    @Ieptix to the rescue! Doo do do dooo!
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    Marcella said:
    why did you guys take so long to figure this out

I actually figured the fae part out the first time I came back. I just saw the critters a few hours ago and got the chimera part then. My brain skims over most Gaudi things that have -th,-ch,-ilx etc because life is easier that way!
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• Selenity said:
    Are y'all trying to live update, @Estarra, @Ieptix, @Saesh? Because we have novices and low level players starving to death unable to cure their hunger.

What exactly happened there? Coding wise.
    Retired.
  • Maligorn said:
    Seriously, screw this revolt. I suddenly understand why everyone hates peaced revolts now.
    Agreed. While the concept of it is nice (wherein the admin are giving a chance for non-combatants to get some field time), I think the mechanics themselves need some more spice.
  • Synkarin said:
    But when you start comparing me to rape victims and victims of abuse, you're probably taking things a bit too far. 
    Ugh, I hate those people. Abuse or rape is not funny -AT ALL- and I am sick of people making light of serious topics like this. You should issue them for it.
    Retired.
  • I say again you can't issue for anything verbal because that's what snub is for
  • Arcanis said:
    Maligorn said:
    Seriously, screw this revolt. I suddenly understand why everyone hates peaced revolts now.
    Agreed. While the concept of it is nice (wherein the admin are giving a chance for non-combatants to get some field time), I think the mechanics themselves need some more spice.
    Face burning red, you give up on the Estelbar revolt and qq to play something more interesting. <- that was me.

Though I got lots of neato, if irrelevant Shevat debate lines.

• Issues are usable for anything that requires admin intervention. There have been precedents for issues being used for urgent bugs that need admin attention at the earliest possible moment, even though there is the existence of the BUG command. Even as I've often pointed out my love of the Avenger system for greatly lowering the amount of PK-related issues in Lusternia, that doesn't mean PK-related issues are somehow "invalid" or "unusable" here either. In the same vein, the existence of the SNUB command does not make "anything verbal" invalid for an issue.

In this specific case, verbal harassment past a certain limit is definitely issuable. IRE has a zero tolerance policy for racist (and some other forms of) harassment. It's pretty clearly detailed in HELP LANGUAGERULES.
    The rules for using language in Lusternia are simple. Do not inflict overly
    obscene language on people who you do not _know_ are willing to hear it, and do
    not use discriminatory language (racist, homophobic, sexist, etc) AT ALL.
    Zero tolerance means if they catch you at it, you are liable to any kind of punishment they deem fit to dole out, with zero warnings if they so wish. I'm not familiar enough with precedents in Lusternia specifically, but shrubbings for verbal abuse have certainly been done before in IRE games.

Granted, most of those cases that I know are for prolific, public displays of such language, and it's never done lightly. Whether Synkarin faced harassment on the level to justify an admin response of that kind... he can decide and issue if he wants to. But he certainly has the right to, and he certainly can do so if he feels the need to.

• SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    I'll clarify a little bit

I'm not going to issue - I wasn't personally offended, because I'm not a victim of abuse in any way and I have developed a thick skin over the years. He's obviously just upset that I'm going out of my way to grief him for his actions towards myself and my buddies, but dropping to that level means you're taking things in this game way too seriously, especially when I gave an easy out asking you to apologize to my buddies in exchange for me leaving you alone. 

I don't find it funny, or necessary, but I did feel the need to bring attention to it in a public venue because I don't think it's ok. 

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • MunsiaMunsia The Supreme Goddess
    People enemying newbies again.....for dumb reasons. Luckily was solved this time, but I swear if I gotta stop idling all day and come out and rage on people...
  • Lerad said:
    Issues are usable for anything that requires admin intervention. There have been precedents for issues being used for urgent bugs that need admin attention at the earliest possible moment, even though there is the existence of the BUG command. Even as I've often pointed out my love of the Avenger system for greatly lowering the amount of PK-related issues in Lusternia, that doesn't mean PK-related issues are somehow "invalid" or "unusable" here either. In the same vein, the existence of the SNUB command does not make "anything verbal" invalid for an issue.

In this specific case, verbal harassment past a certain limit is definitely issuable. IRE has a zero tolerance policy for racist (and some other forms of) harassment. It's pretty clearly detailed in HELP LANGUAGERULES.
    The rules for using language in Lusternia are simple. Do not inflict overly
    obscene language on people who you do not _know_ are willing to hear it, and do
    not use discriminatory language (racist, homophobic, sexist, etc) AT ALL.

To the bolded, I think it'd be a stretch for a player to consider what they believe is above and beyond necessary to bypass current rule standings and requires an issue. Each person will naturally believe their case to be of a unique quality of harassment that must be seen by an Admin. I do believe they have placed the mechanics and obviously rules in place in order to lighten the issue load (such as any issue for a single death will be immediately dismissed. Snub mechanic, etc.).

Additionally, as for sexist, racist, etc., I find the levies and consideration of them change depending on the IRE game. For example, in Achaea you'd find hard smack downs on any sexist talk, but I know another game where a playering saying near daily to opposite-side women that they are whores, and he goes without punishment each day (even when reported). Not sure how lusternia handles it.
    edited November 2014
    Munsia said:
    People enemying newbies again.....for dumb reasons. Luckily was solved this time, but I swear if I gotta stop idling all day and come out and rage on people...

--------------------------------------------

If you were referring to what I think you are, my character was just following orders. Got a message from the person who gave the orders basically going "oops my bad" and I logged in just to fix it before going to class because I can only imagine how upsetting that might be for a character or the player of that character.

'm sorry she went through it at all.

;_;
  • Colors look wierd!

20:04:15.192  0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

20:04:15.192  

20:04:15.192 Extended Colours:

20:04:15.192  16%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%21 124%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%129

20:04:15.192  22%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%27 130%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%135

20:04:15.192  28%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%33 136%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%141

20:04:15.192  34%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%39 142%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%147

20:04:15.192  40%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%45 148%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%153

20:04:15.192  46%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%51 154%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%159

20:04:15.192  52%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%57 160%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%165

20:04:15.192  58%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%63 166%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%171

20:04:15.192  64%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%69 172%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%177

20:04:15.192  70%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%75 178%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%183

20:04:15.192  76%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%81 184%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%189

20:04:15.192  82%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%87 190%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%195

20:04:15.192  88%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%93 196%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%201

20:04:15.192  94%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%99 202%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%207

20:04:15.192  100%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%105 208%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%213

20:04:15.192  106%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%111 214%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%219

20:04:15.192  112%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%117 220%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%225

20:04:15.192  118%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%123 226%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%231

20:04:15.192 Greyscale Colours:

20:04:15.192  232%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%237 238%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%243

20:04:15.192  244%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%249 250%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%255

20:04:15.192 6263h, 3594m, 2928e, 10p, 25700en, 14655w lrx<>-

• Only weird thing I see is you not using a monospace font. If you meant the alignment, then that is the culprit.
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
  • edited November 2014
    IGNORE, had not read latest announce post.
    Retired.
  • edited November 2014
    By weird, I meant the fact that I had so many colors. I'm so used to ANSI in muds.  It's a good kind of wierd, not a bad kind of wyrd.

Also, the forums changed my font.
  • I love that you use two different spellings of "weird" in the same post :D
  • Turnus said:
    Seemed an appropriate Freudian slip to me. Weird = good Wyrd = bad
    Nothing Freudian about it.. ;)
    Ssaliss said:
    I love that you use two different spellings of "weird" in the same post :D
    All part of the fun. Three different spellings :P

I'm really happy with these new colors, since the Glomdoring black will be readable now, yay!  Just wish I could do what I did on mudlet and convert 8 to a new color rather than having to assign 243 or whatever.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Daganev said:
    Turnus said:
    Seemed an appropriate Freudian slip to me. Weird = good Wyrd = bad
    Nothing Freudian about it.. ;)
    Ssaliss said:
    I love that you use two different spellings of "weird" in the same post :D
    All part of the fun. Three different spellings :P

I'm really happy with these new colors, since the Glomdoring black will be readable now, yay!  Just wish I could do what I did on mudlet and convert 8 to a new color rather than having to assign 243 or whatever.
    Black is the new Wyrd?
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Issuing for actual abuse is acceptable.  Usually they will just give the person a slap on the wrist (essentially: don't do that), but they really don't like it when people get homophobic / racist / etc.  One guy actually got shrubbed for a lengthy time and had his clan dissolved for a long racist diatribe, and there was an announce post a bit back saying that if sexist things kept happening on clans those clans would get dissolved (if the "target" found out about it and issued).
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Everything that could go wrong, went wrong in that domoth. I swear the spawns were coming twice as fast as usual. @Elodres saves the day by being awesome (at kidnapping)!

This discussion has been closed.