Tweets VI: The Tweetsixteenth

Comments

• Maligorn said:

Another realtalk: all those guard stacks in Seren villages -can't- be good for your conquest pool.

They are -great- for hoarding esteem and leveling people up, though.
  • SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    Maligorn said:

Realtalk: the issue is that Magnagora's Nosfydra construct, the Undead Crypt, is entirely, way too key to Magnagora. You literally do -not- have a choice in which construct is put there.

Unfortunately, that means that novices can't use the earth or nil construct from Nosfydra to access the higher planes. Hence the rifts.

When we were getting stomped by Equinox, we removed the Crypt and raised the taintaltar and kept Nil rippled/distorted 24/7 (and got issued for it too!).

You do have a choice, we just don't need to make that choice.
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • Wow, I missed a lot of juicy gossip and drama.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Shaddus said:

Silvanus said:

Maligorn said:

Realtalk: the issue is that Magnagora's Nosfydra construct, the Undead Crypt, is entirely, way too key to Magnagora. You literally do -not- have a choice in which construct is put there.

Unfortunately, that means that novices can't use the earth or nil construct from Nosfydra to access the higher planes. Hence the rifts.

When we were getting stomped by Equinox, we removed the Crypt and raised the taintaltar and kept Nil rippled/distorted 24/7 (and got issued for it too!).

You do have a choice, we just don't need to make that choice.
    Wait, I wanna hear about this.
    I can take a guess as to who, given their constant raiding/ganking, and preference to raging and douchebaggery.

• Lavinya said:

If people think I'm ill-qualified for any of my in game roles (GM, Ministry, order head), I really wish they'd let me know, or even try to offer advice, instead of going the cowardly backstabber route and trying to see me usurped.

Unless of course Marcella's propaganda is true and I haven't actually earned anything I have and I am terrible at everything, it's all thanks to d'Murani nepotism and corruption.

Sometimes I really really really really hate Magnagoran 'RP'.

My dear, dear aunt...

You will never have me beat... usurped for 'stealing(?!?)' city credits to build an aethership for people to use without the backing of the Iron Council. A matter of fact, I should be on that very ship smoking a cigar and sipping on some nice rum. But, no, that's what I get for playing a nice guy in an 'Evil?Dark?Nepotic?whateva' city. I should have started in New Celest to have streamlined my character.

Then, a rl 2 year or so later I see this Geo GM =! me
    2014/07/22 20:58:44 - Credits: -125. Transfer to <Geo GM>. Reason: upgrading guild aethershop storeroom.
    2014/07/22 21:09:16 - Credits: -200. Transfer to <Geo GM>. Reason: manse shop stockroom upgrade.

I laughed and laughed and laughed.... a matter of fact... I'm still laughing. Good times... There definitely have been some epic moments.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Yeah sometimes I think people just find excuses to tear characters down. Which hey, it's rp, awesome. It's just a shame that hypocrisy abounds, and that it also tends to leave people stomping all over the hard work you the player have poured into the game, with the intention of making it better for everyone else. I never notice the other orgs destroying each other internally quite so much as Mag does (I may just not see it, but I think on the whole it isn't as rife). I've contemplated moving plenty of times because it gets tiring.  But I also don't want to leave behind RL years of work and building, and I love the lore around Magnagora and the DLs and divine and such. Catch 22!

• Sounds like me talking about Seren except I have only been playing for a year and I haven't really done much. 
  • edited February 2015
    Lavinya said:

Yeah sometimes I think people just find excuses to tear characters down. Which hey, it's rp, awesome. It's just a shame that hypocrisy abounds, and that it also tends to leave people stomping all over the hard work you the player have poured into the game, with the intention of making it better for everyone else. I never notice the other orgs destroying each other internally quite so much as Mag does (I may just not see it, but I think on the whole it isn't as rife). I've contemplated moving plenty of times because it gets tiring.  But I also don't want to leave behind RL years of work and building, and I love the lore around Magnagora and the DLs and divine and such. Catch 22!

Tearing down a character is fine… Tearing down the player is not.
    Mag just has the bad luck of having certain individuals that excel in the latter.
    But you shouldn't leave. It's the perfect opportunity for you to interact with people and convince them of your opinion/position.
  • The endless gossiping doesn't help either. If it makes a different @Lavinya, I like you and so does Vent :) The 'old crowd' is usually more interesting than the newbies.

Although I wish they'd stop going 'In my day, we killed everyone we didn't like, and serfs were killed for sport'. I can't see how that is fun for new players to be the city's bitch? If a serf disrespects the Warlord, hell yeah, cut their head.

But to abuse power then go 'LOL it's Magnagora, like or gtfo' just… yeah who wants to play that?
  • Ventidius said:

The endless gossiping doesn't help either. If it makes a different @Lavinya, I like you and so does Vent :) The 'old crowd' is usually more interesting than the newbies.

Although I wish they'd stop going 'In my day, we killed everyone we didn't like, and serfs were killed for sport'. I can't see how that is fun for new players to be the city's bitch? If a serf disrespects the Warlord, hell yeah, cut their head.

But to abuse power then go 'LOL it's Magnagora, like or gtfo' just… yeah who wants to play that?
    What? There's still people from 'old Mag' that are around? I thought they all 'graduated' (like AKB48 style).

And I hardly doubt that there are any new players in Magnagora these days... only alts and transfers. Plus, there's a tea room and hot bath now. They'll probably move Valkira there to assist in cutting cheese instead of hanging people.
  • Vent is my first character. I did get recommended by an old player, but I'm enjoying my time in Lusternia. It's possible, but I don't think adding more curio is enough to bring in more people.
  • QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    Must obtain tattoo needle.

Also, turning off all triggers whilst tattooing is a good idea...

• Ventidius said:

Vent is my first character. I did get recommended by an old player, but I'm enjoying my time in Lusternia. It's possible, but I don't think adding more curio is enough to bring in more people.

The good news is that there has been a lot more events for people to participate in (some related to Ascension some not) and that's definitely a positive. I imagine there might be a short break till mid-March for the festivities to settle down and then full steam ahead with some surprises.

I've mentioned it multiple times... the more effort that is put into developing the overall story and feeding the curiosity of the masses the more people will stay.
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Lavinya said:

I never notice the other orgs destroying each other internally quite so much as Mag does (I may just not see it, but I think on the whole it isn't as rife). I've contemplated moving plenty of times because it gets tiring. 

I think Glom's current state is because of exactly this, but it all happened after I bailed, so I'm not 100%

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    It's cool being high up in an Order, because when people start baptising people without you knowing, you get to meet the new person and find out how much they were taught, and make sure it was all right. Then you know if you've done your job right or if you need to go and step up on some education in the higher ranks!
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Daraius said:

Come, Lavinya. We have tea.

No, gtfo. Lavinya is coming to the Minstrels and we're putting Silvanus to work in the Palace of Pleasure.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Shaddus said:

Daraius said:

No, gtfo. Lavinya is coming to the Minstrels and we're putting Silvanus to work in the Palace of Pleasure.
    Nooo, they're mine. Alll miiiine.
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Shaddus said:

Daraius said:

Psh.... we got warbling trills and baby parrots... and no forced prostitution for husbands.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Elanorwen said:

Shaddus said:

Daraius said:

Psh.... we got warbling trills and baby parrots... and no forced prostitution for husbands.
    Yeah, you call it indentured servitude. We just make sure the husband gets something out of it too ;)
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • I find it funny how certain people who have repeatedly broken the forum language and etiquette rules, and even fully admit their attempts to insult others for reasons of closing threads, have yet to be jailed.
  • @Maligorn, there is too much salt. Sometimes, it is saltier than the Rift.
    ヽ`ヽ`、ヽヽ`ヽ`、`ヽ`、ヽヽ`ヽ`、ヽヽ`༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ☂ ɪᴛs ʀᴀɪɴɪɴɢ sᴀʟᴛ! ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ☂                                ヽ`ヽ`、ヽヽ`ヽ`、`ヽ`、ヽヽ`ヽ`、ヽヽ`

• Then BRING ON THE CUTE!

• TurnusTurnus The Big Bad Wolf
    Yeah let's not please. Some of us browsing on phones don't want to have to deal with them slowing everything down, wasting data, etc.

~--------------**--------------~

The original picture of Turnus is still viewable here, again by Feyrll.
  • Oh, right. Sorry, didn't think of that bit.
This discussion has been closed.