Tweets VI: The Tweetsixteenth

Comments

• EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Working on some writing, browsing Facebook, and watching people die on the feed. Also played some LotRO. I was waiting specifically for it to be over before logging on.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Glom put 3 people at us, and contributed mostly by pits (Xenthos) and bonds (Illidaen). We didn't lose because 3 people chose to help Kelly instead of us.

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    I think the lovely music by @Eliron totally did it.
  • Sounds like Ascension was a blast this year. A pity I ended up having to miss it. Was really looking forward to it too, even though  I wouldn't be supported.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    Did anyone keep a log of just all the kills? I missed a lot of them, including my own, in the lag and such.
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • edited February 2015
    Synkarin said:

BTW,

We were pretty sure we wouldn't have Glom support before everything started, so all our planning (which was minimal) didn't count on them.

We also didn't really have a solid plan. We had a general idea, but no specifics, no penters to count on, just acting on our own pretty much, and this is the result. 

I also don't feel the need to be the braintrust for Ascension, thinking that the people who really want it should really take the lead on that. It's a bit offputting that a candidate doesn't bother to show up the week previously and then expect everyone to support him the day of (which also hurt us)

Pretty much, us losing is on us, no matter which way you shake it. Anything else if just deflecting the real reasons.
    We hadn't expected a bit of help from Glom, either. I surprised they mustered more than a single participant to help one side or the other.

If you refer to me by the "offputting" comment, your tone and mindset are in the wrong place on multiple fronts. As I recall, Malarious and I were just about the only ones who even tried to contest the death seal (Xena not getting a seal would have drastically changed things, Kelly could barely act at the end). The teamwork, motivation, and participation as a whole were staggeringly abysmal. Now, fast forward to the final ascension, I didn't expect much to change.

I logged in where I could, but have had a serious sinus infection all week. In fact, my left ear is still "popped," which just plain sucks. Ascension is all about the supporting cast, not the main seal-bearer, which is a fact that has not changed since the first one.
    edited February 2015
    Right, the sealbearer has no responsibility in preparations for him to receive TA, but every right to expect others who were around during the week to step aside to help him ascend. 

/sarcasm

I'm ok with my mindset that expects people to work for their rewards, and all the work in ascension is preparation.

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • edited February 2015
    If Hallifaxian Monks are not based on Kingsman, I may be gravely disappointed. 

• edited February 2015
    Synkarin said:

Right, the sealbearer has no responsibility in preparations for him to receive TA, but every right to expect others who were around during the week to step aside to help him ascend. 

/sarcasm

I'm ok with my mindset that expects people to work for their rewards, and all the work in ascension is preparation.
    If the rationalization of attaching blame to me not being around a couple days before the final event as the compelling factor of the result you are most welcome have that thought and/or continue to use sarcasm in lieu of a reasonable conversation.

I cannot singularly force people to show up to events (most important), group up effectively, be swift in their movements, and so on. Chaos seal tends to be a revealing litmus test to final ascension, but this year the momentum/numbers shifted greatly between the two. It's also completely undeniable that the supporting cast makes the victory, especially the non-ascending seal bearers. At about the halfway point, you can do nearly nothing from command denial. You're a TA, you should know that.

Ultimately, if you are able to read the previous post, I didn't just not "bother to show up." I physically did not have a choice. Regarding expectations, you can be certain that Magnagora (along with everyone else) expects and will always expect a seal holder from their org to vie for ascension. So no, it didn't hurt you, and to think so is gross naivety. I do submit that the preparations could have greatly been improved upon. I mean, Gaud/Mag only narrowed down where we would setup camp within a couple hours of ascension, and that was at my prompting.
  • NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    Ixion said:

I mean, Gaud/Mag only narrowed down where we would setup camp within a couple hours of ascension, and that was at my prompting.

While Kelly had two choices on sphere, I only decided on which I was gonna meld earlier today. If it wasn't for the fact that I had other people with Aqua and had them meld other places, we'd have probably lost.
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
    edited February 2015
    Ixion said:

Synkarin said:

/sarcasm

If the rationalization of attaching blame to me not being around a couple days before the final event as the compelling factor of the result you are most welcome have that thought and/or continue to use sarcasm in lieu of a reasonable conversation.

I cannot singularly force people to show up to events (most important), group up effectively, be swift in their movements, and so on. Chaos seal tends to be a revealing litmus test to final ascension, but this year the momentum/numbers shifted greatly between the two. It's also completely undeniable that the supporting cast makes the victory, especially the non-ascending seal bearers. At about the halfway point, you can do nearly nothing from command denial. You're a TA, you should know that.

Ultimately, if you are able to read the previous post, I didn't just not "bother to show up." I physically did not have a choice. Regarding expectations, you can be certain that Magnagora (along with everyone else) expects and will always expect a seal holder from their org to vie for ascension. So no, it didn't hurt you, and to think so is gross naivety. I do submit that the preparations could have greatly been improved upon. I mean, Gaud/Mag only narrowed down where we would setup camp within a couple hours of ascension, and that was at my prompting.

Apparently you didn't bother to read my initial post, where I laid the blame solely on us for not having a plan and that I don't think it's unreasonable to expect people who want to be raised to TA to take an active interest in said planning.

You're right, I am a TA, one that showed up and planned pretty much every last detail of my ascension, which definitely plays a large part in why I succeeded. 

Edit: we had the spheres limited down to the three we used on Wednesday, your prompting is where we decided the first one

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • I'm glad we agree on part of your post, and understand your unwillingness to respond to the others points raised.
    edited February 2015
    There's nothing else to address?

You've clearly admitted that you don't think you should be expected to prepare and plan for Ascension, AND you think it's perfectly acceptable to expect them to support you despite not being around. I disagree, it's as simple as that, and it's the reason why we lost. I'm not going to comment on your health issues, because that's your deal, I'm simply stating my opinion that if you want to win, you should take an active interest in planning it and health issues or not, you didn't.

There was no distinct plan in place ahead of time. That's why we lost. I still tried and gave it everything I had, doesn't mean I don't think things could have been handled a lot better. 

Edit: Also, every org should expect that their Sealholder should try for it? Didn't Serenwilde's sealbearers assist you when Xenthos won? Didn't they do the same for Akyaevin and Fillin? Didn't Hallifax's sealbearers throw all their weight behind Kelly this time? That's just a plainly false statement. It's not gross naviety to expect people to assist the ones that were working it out earlier in the week. As of Friday Night, Marcella said Magnagora was helping Malarious because they hadn't heard from you at all. Then someone pops up and expects to be supported.

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • I'll say that Chaos this year was a very poor litmus test if you only look at the winner; Saoirse held the hamster about 80% of the time, but Malarious got lucky.

Such is Chaos.

• edited February 2015
    Synkarin said:

There's nothing else to address?

You've clearly admitted that you don't think you should be expected to prepare and plan for Ascension, AND you think it's perfectly acceptable to expect them to support you despite not being around. I disagree, it's as simple as that, and it's the reason why we lost. I'm not going to comment on your health issues, because that's your deal, I'm simply stating my opinion that if you want to win, you should take an active interest in planning it and health issues or not, you didn't.

There was no distinct plan in place ahead of time. That's why we lost. I still tried and gave it everything I had, doesn't mean I don't think things could have been handled a lot better. 

Edit: Also, every org should expect that their Sealholder should try for it? Didn't Serenwilde's sealbearers assist you when Xenthos won? Didn't they do the same for Akyaevin and Fillin? Didn't Hallifax's sealbearers throw all their weight behind Kelly this time? That's just a plainly false statement. It's not gross naviety to expect people to assist the ones that were working it out earlier in the week. As of Friday Night, Marcella said Magnagora was helping Malarious because they hadn't heard from you at all. Then someone pops up and expects to be supported.
    I never admitted or claimed "you don't think you should be expected to prepare and plan for Ascension." If that's what you think, it is purely in your mind as my words have not yielded such. Sorry.

I do appreciate that you think our side's fate is categorically upon my shoulders and "it's the reason why we lost." I never knew you held my influence and efforts in such high regard! When Malarious had the staff, we protected him and did everything we could to fight the good fight. In the event we all fought as a unified front against the northerners. Not once did we work at cross purposes. When Mal/me had the staff, we worked together. When we did not, we worked together to get it back. Your words, once again, are simply erroneous. Based on factual events of the ascension, not your assumptions and opinions, lack of a singularly supported sealbearer contributed nothing to the loss.

I made it known I would be trying for it like I do every year. If Marcella wants to make claims, without a single word or message to me, and make assumptions that is her business.

First chastise about sarcasm, then use it yourself.

I haven't said anything about how well we worked together, or what went right or wrong during the actual event, so I'm unsure how I can be making erroneous statements in that regard. Seems you're putting words in my mouth. I've literally have only said anything about preparations ahead of time and how if someone expects to be supported, they should be actively involved in those plans. You clearly disagree, or you wouldn't be arguing it.

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • edited February 2015
    There was no sarcasm on my end. You made a claim and I am genuinely shocked at the impact you think I make.

"You've clearly admitted that you don't think you should be expected to
    prepare and plan for Ascension, AND you think it's perfectly acceptable
    to expect them to support you despite not being around. I disagree, it's
    as simple as that, and it's the reason why we lost."

That expressly portrays two distinct reasons "why we lost." I addressed the latter. You refuted it. I provided facts from the ascension that showed how the extra person being supported didn't turn a victory into a loss. Honestly, that's a bit insulting to Celest/Halli/Seren. I think they'd have won with the numbers they had no matter how much we planned, but that's just my personal opinion.

Edit: typo
  • Hey...

If Gaudiguch and Hallifax ever enter into an alliance...

It should be called the Spyre Alliance or knowing Hallifax, the S.P.Y.R.E. Alliance
    Ixion said:

There was no sarcasm on my end. You made a claim and I am genuinely shocked at the impact you think I make.

"You've clearly admitted that you don't think you should be expected to
    prepare and plan for Ascension, AND you think it's perfectly acceptable
    to expect them to support you despite not being around. I disagree, it's
    as simple as that, and it's the reason why we lost."

That expressly portrays two distinct reasons "why we lost." I addressed the latter. You refuted it. I provided facts from the ascension that showed how the extra person being supported somehow turned a victory into a loss. Honestly, that's a bit insulting to Celest/Halli/Seren. I think they'd have won with the numbers they had no matter how much we planned, but that's just my personal opinion.

I bolded the part where I said prepare and plan (again). Yes, I think it should be on the people who want TA to make the plan for Ascension. I've made that pretty clear. That's why we lost, because we didn't have a solid plan, and we didn't have anyone spearheading that, and I think it's offputting that the people that want to be TA, who don't show up the week prior at all, show up the day of and expect support. I don't know how you're getting two distinct reasons out of that one comment, it may be a bit rambly, but it's pretty straightforward. 

Maybe Celest/Halli/Seren would have still won, but we'd have been much more organized and considering how far we got with what we had, we'd have put up a much better fight if there was direction prior. Then the reason we'd have lost wouldn't have been our lack of planning. They certainly outplayed us, planned and executed much better than we did. I'm not trying to 'insult' or demean them, I'm not blaming it on staticfield, or bonds, or lag or any other reason beyond our control, precisely because it's beyond our control. 

I'll ask you straight up. Do you think it's reasonable to expect everyone else to plan and prepare for the Final Ascension Trial in support of you, even though you're not  going to show up the week prior at all to discuss it with anyone? Even allies with their own sealbearers? According to Malarious, you wanted him to step aside when I asked him today

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • did anyone happened to get the desc of the staff of ascension? =\ I had asked someone to get it for me by I do not think they did :(
    The soft, hollow voice of Nocht, the Silent resounds within your mind as His words echo through the aether, "Congratulations, Arimisia. Your mastery of vermin cannot be disputed."

• Maligorn said:

I'll say that Chaos this year was a very poor litmus test if you only look at the winner; Saoirse held the hamster about 80% of the time, but Malarious got lucky.

Such is Chaos.

Chaos worked as a litmus test because the two used to be won by the same tactics: get the random popping item (staff/hamster) and get it to your bunker, with only a few differences (you're allowed to use magic movement with the staff, but you have to remain at a node, etc.). Hamster being dropped by rad changed that drastically and moved it from "bunker busting" to "hamster chasing (+ luck)". But Ascension remained "bunker busting".
  • edited February 2015
    Synkarin said:

I'll ask you straight up. Do you think it's reasonable to expect everyone else to plan and prepare for the Final Ascension Trial in support of you, even though you're not  going to show up the week prior at all to discuss it with anyone? Even allies with their own sealbearers? According to Malarious, you wanted him to step aside when I asked him today
    The week prior is one of 52 weeks of preparation for ascension. I expect a city with 1 sealbearer to support that person, and I expect a reasonable person to inquire should they have doubts of someone's availability.

Regarding my conversations with Malarious this day, both IC and OOC, are done for very specific reasons which aren't for you to know. To answer your question however, it's reasonable for an ally to support their own with, or without, advanced planning from an outside org or person. Vadi was the only other realistic sealbearer on our side who held the staff all of zero times, so quite simply it's not like you (or we, for that matter) had much choice but to be mutually supportive for any chance at success.

edit: here you go Ari :)

This glowing staff is composed of nine streaks of energy, each blazing with intense, crackling power. The air around the staff thrums loudly and waves of heat radiate from it. Despite this, the staff seems cool to the touch, though it causes a tingling sensation when touched, as though the energy within is barely contained and fighting to be released.
    It weighs about 10 pounds.
    It has the following aliases: staff, ascension.
  • It's literally just a watered down version of the curio of it - 

This glowing rod is composed of nine streaks of energy, each blazing with intense, crackling power. Its surface is smooth and cool to the touch, though a tingling sensation crawls up the arm of those who grasp it too long. Occasionally the nine columns of energy within twist violently about one another, writhing and struggling as though fighting to be freed from their containment. All about the Chromatic Rod of the Avenger the air quivers with latent power, warming from its presence.
  • thank you @Ixion!!!!!!!!
    The soft, hollow voice of Nocht, the Silent resounds within your mind as His words echo through the aether, "Congratulations, Arimisia. Your mastery of vermin cannot be disputed."

edited February 2015
    Here's a follow up, Do you think it's unreasonable to expect the person wanting support to take an active, lead role in planning and preparing for the event they want supported in?

How many sealbearers we had doesn't matter when there was no distinct plan to begin with. I didn't see Kiradawea or Usharra running for the staff either, and don't think Elanorwen ever grabbed it, so North and South were in the same boat there. It's an irrelevant point to the issue of 'planning ahead of time' 

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • Suffice to say that it could've possibly been a much more different Ascension if either Ixion or Vadi were those you backed instead of Malarious.

This discussion has been closed.