Simple Ideas

Comments

• I think the correct response to this is to snub the alt as well, and issue them for trying to evade the snub. If someone wants to abuse alts to get around a snub they should be penalised, but allowing it to out alts is something I'd rather not see, since I know I wouldn't want anyone to be able to snub an alt and find out who it's an alt of.
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    In that scenario, I'd just issue the alt for alt abuse.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Tremula said:

Can it be changed so that SNUB will effect all the characters bound to someone's registry without revealing who it is? For example, if I have Kelly snubbed (I hate you so much, stay away fish-breath [<3]), she can't just hop over to a different character and grief me from there. Of course, it would have to be set so that way you can't just check your SNUBS and see who's who in Lusternia, but it would prevent you from interacting with someone you really don't want to, and keeps them from trying to start again on someone they have no business doing so with.

I'm going to go with no, and this is why.

While I do believe people who jump onto alts to get around snub should be punished, snubbing a person's character list not only outs them as an alt (and possibly whose alt), that means you're snubbing that particular, real life person. There are people who I've snubbed as one character and who I get along with as another character. For instance, Elanorwen has Subotai snubbed. She generally gets along with Entrias.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    edited March 2015
    That'd be a neat functionality to fold into stamps.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • You'd need a way to differentiate between a letter that's been read and one that hasn't. I don't know if that exists yet.
  • The only reason I hesitate slightly about that is because personal stamps cost 250k, and I'd want them to be available to most everyone. They'd have to cost more than a regular letter, of course, but not by a massive amount. Letters at the aetherplex range from 100-200 gold, and I can see this costing perhaps 500-1000 gold.
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    @Ssaliss I love that idea! In fact, to give bookbinders a little more of a boon, why not make them special seals only bookbinders can make?

Can we have politic posts for wild nodes? I keep missing them and not really knowing what went on!

I was wondering if we could expand beast customization a bit to include:
    (1) Beast summon
    (2) Beast whistle
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    I wish we could SEW X AS SPLENDOUR/GREATROBE and be able to walk around in a splendour toga. I don't see much of a reason to restrict it to just robes, suits, and gowns.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • Jadice said:

As a work-around, any time you come across a situation like this you can submit a bug along the lines of "HELP AVIATOR returns File: dingbatsgargle, but HELP DINGBATSGARGLE doesn't work." If you know what does work, like HELP DINGBATS GARGLE, including that would be helpful too. It's then reasonably easy on our end to make HELP DINGBATSGARGLE point to the right helpfile.

The problem is that it's not one or two help files... it's many help files (and every word in these help files) that triggers this scenario. For example:

>-help dolls

No match found for "dolls", trying a search...
    Search results for "dolls":
      1) File:  dingbatsretired         
         Title: RETIRED DINGBATS
         ...past, but are currently out of production. They may or may not
         return in the future.  o Talking DOLLS (15 dingbats)   -
         Permanent and resets to owner ...

2) File:  dingbatsgnafia          
         Title: THE GNAFIA'S WARES
         ...on and will not always be  available during every promotional
         campaign.  WARES -----  o Talking DOLLS (15 dingbats)   -

3) File:  gnewpie     <<< this is the only one that works.            
         Title: GNEWPIE DOLLS
         Rumored to have been created by Geleto the Toymaker, gnewpie
         DOLLS are prized gnomish toys which can occasionally be
         acquired during special promotion...

4) File:  dingbatsjeremiah        
         Title: JEREMIAH GRYPHTA'S WARES
         ...to cure what ails you, or at least make you forget      about it!
         - Holds 25 sips  o Talking DOLLS (15 dingbats)   - Permanent
         and resets to owner ...

5) File:  19_index                
         Title: OUT-OF-CHARACTER MISCELLANEOUS
         ...artifacts.    19.10.11  ur'Trap Artifacts   Trap monsters and get
         cookies!    19.10.12  Gnewpie DOLLS       Special
         limited-availability DOLLS.    19....

6) File:  dingbatsgargle          
         Title: PROFESSOR GARGLE VON FIXIT'S WARES
         ...on and will not always be  available during every promotional
         campaign.  WARES -----  o Talking DOLLS (15 dingbats)   -

All of these other filenames are incorrectly spaced and thus lead to dead ends. Do I bug every file?
    #NoWireHangersEver

Vive l'apostrophe!
  • Talan said:

I wish we could combine all the greatrobes, splendours, suits, and gowns patterns together and then choose whether to sew them as splendours or greatrobes. I hate seeing beautiful designs on either side that I can't use!

The patterns are set up this way too! Like, you design it and then if the TM forgets to set the Splendour tag then it's newbiefodder, if he doesn't, you can't wear it unless you're trans-tailoring.
  • The immediate problem I see is that splendours require more comms than normal robes. It'd be easy to just increase it to the desired amount, but it might mess with other things (it might require a rare resource that you can only get one of, and if it suddenly takes two, it'd be impossible to create it), and it'd make it less obvious how much is needed. But anyway, if that can be solved, then I'd be all for it.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Replace the 'more comms' requirement with a gold outlay. Grandfather in old designs to not require the outlay, but require the additional comms (or don't).
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    edited March 2015
    Or if they want it to cost comms, turn splendours/greatrobes into Splendourpatch and Greatnesspatch, each costing X commodities and making a thing you can sew onto anything to turn them into splendours/greatrobes.

EDIT: Or even just turn them into proofs that apply armor instead of the elemental DMP.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • Or just factor in more silk/cloth/leather as needed to meet the required totals, either by scaling it as was done in the old comms adjustment (when everything was made to require more), or just adding it to make  up the required difference. Please no more bypassing commodities altogether.
    #NoWireHangersEver

Vive l'apostrophe!
  • Talan said:

Jadice said:

As a work-around, any time you come across a situation like this you can submit a bug along the lines of "HELP AVIATOR returns File: dingbatsgargle, but HELP DINGBATSGARGLE doesn't work." If you know what does work, like HELP DINGBATS GARGLE, including that would be helpful too. It's then reasonably easy on our end to make HELP DINGBATSGARGLE point to the right helpfile.

The problem is that it's not one or two help files... it's many help files (and every word in these help files) that triggers this scenario. For example:

>-help dolls

snipped for length

All of these other filenames are incorrectly spaced and thus lead to dead ends. Do I bug every file?
    It looks like a case where the file name isn't part of the file's lookup links for some reason. I'll fix up the dingbat ones; you can message me any others that have a similar problem.
    7c95dbc25a4a9ae292cccb899a49a79b18529207e135ebccd89c0877d386ebea
    ALL HAIL THE MIGHTY GLOW CLOUD.
  • could we have a version of HELP CLANLIST for Families to see all active player families in the game? Simply a HELP FAMILYLIST. I'd like to know what is out there.
  • You mean like POLITICS FAMILIES? I think that's the list, anyway.
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    edited March 2015
    You mean like POLITICS FAMILIES? I think that's the list, anyway.
    For greater and lesser houses, at least.

Anything smaller than that is insignificant anyways.

Really though, considering the syntax used, you'd think it would include all of them. Problem is it would be a long...long, very long list, with all of those ancient and untouched families floating around.
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    That doesn't include active families too small to be a lesser house though.

• Eritheyl said:

You mean like POLITICS FAMILIES? I think that's the list, anyway.
    For greater and lesser houses, at least.

Anything smaller than that is insignificant anyways.

Really though, considering the syntax used, you'd think it would include all of them. Problem is it would be a long...long, very long list, with all of those ancient and untouched families floating around.

True but the list would be smaller than the current HELP CLANLIST list, since making clans is a lot easier than families.

I'd honestly love to see the names of those ancient families floating around out there, and especially surprised if they had an active member. Just today I discovered a small house that still had 1 active member, and I inquired of them the history of their family and generally what happened.
  • In ages past, auronispheres were put into constructs to counteract the powerdrain. Nowadays, they're completely worthless except to sell. How about being able to put the sphere in a construct again, which would increase the power gain for that bubble by 100 once? It'd basically turn it into a neat perk, but definitely nothing that has to be done.
    RENOUNCE FAVOUR <god>

Dissolves a god's favour without granting any of the expiration bonus. For when you want a statue made but you've got a pesky divine favour in your description.
    I used to make cakes.

• EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    Daraius said:

RENOUNCE FAVOUR <god>

Dissolves a god's favour without granting any of the expiration bonus. For when you want a statue made but you've got a pesky divine favour in your description.
    Alternatively, the ability to CONFIG FAVOURS ON/OFF would be nice. Some of us don't want to flaunt it -all- the time.
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    But how else do we figure out that what we thought were our loyal comrades have been making time the enemy?
    Shouldn't the Ambassador show up on CGWHO ?  :-/
    I used to make cakes.

• EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    We still need to work on the newbies showing up on CGWHO.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Daraius said:

Shouldn't the Ambassador show up on CGWHO ?  :-/

No, because the Ambassador taking charge of newbies is a player-contrived thing. Game-wise, your only real duties are managing enemy statuses and inducting people into your org.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.