Simple Ideas

Comments

• Aerotan said:

I always had the thought that a cleansing ritual for Hartstone would be much more about spiritual cleansing than physical, and consist of both meditative sessions with lots of smoke and incense to clear the heart and mind, and hunting sessions complete with facepaints to cleanse the spirit of malice and weakness.

Already writing something for this now >_>
  • NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    Can we please be able to ally other orders/individual people in the sense, that things like shrine powers actually affect them? So that Kelly, as Terentia OH, could ally Craken and Darvellan peeps to get the benefit of any good shrine powers.
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • Your God has to do that. Yomo's allied to Mysrai.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Neos said:

Can we please be able to ally other orders/individual people in the sense, that things like shrine powers actually affect them? So that Kelly, as Terentia OH, could ally Craken and Darvellan peeps to get the benefit of any good shrine powers.

What Marcella said. That's what GODFEELINGS are for, allied orders show up.

• Can we make market credits auto-bound, or separate the market into bound/unbound markets?
  • Akyaevin said:

Can we make market credits auto-bound, or separate the market into bound/unbound markets?

What is the incentive to do this/why would you buy bound over unbound credits given the choice?
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Zitto said:

Akyaevin said:

Can we make market credits auto-bound, or separate the market into bound/unbound markets?

What is the incentive to do this/why would you buy bound over unbound credits given the choice?
    Price, of course.

Plenty of times when someone wants to make quick gold, they will post credits cheap and announce on market. Plenty of people have triggers to immediately buy credits under a certain threshold and then simply proceed to resell at a higher price. While I understand where they're coming from, it just means that the haves will have even more while the have nots will struggle even more to get credits.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    edited February 2015
    Right, you make it such that selling credits unbound sinks some gold out of the game somehow. It then nets you (the first-time-seller) more gold to sell them bound, all else equal. Eventually, the unbound market would continue to accelerate through the stratosphere, until it becomes untenable.

It would be nice if 'bound' market credits were just pseudo-bound too: You still get conversion lessons somehow, you just can't turn around and resell them.
  • Bound credits from orgs already work like that IIRC, so that shouldn't be a problem, no.
  • Nah, I don't think they do... do they?

• Also, a quick and simple idea: When using BEAST SUMMON <beast>, make it follow you when it appears without having to order it to follow?
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Like unbound credits that can't be sold on markets? No. If you get unbound credits, they work as normal (can be sold on market). If you get bound credits they work as normal (can't be sold on market, can't be otherwise transferred or converted for bonus lessons).
  • But you should get the bonus lessons as the bound credits are transferred to you. At least that's the intent.
  • As per announce 2026:

Credits transferred bound WILL count towards the bonus lessons from the first 1000 credits converted to bound.
  • edited February 2015
      The reason people sell credits cheaply enough to interest resellers is because at prices substantially below the current market average, they see very rapid turnover.  I suspect that if you make market credits
    semi-bound, you would find the cost of the cheapest credits on the market would creep up as the turnover rate of market credits decreases.  At the very least, this would be as unhelpful to people trying to sell credits they bought with cash as it would be helpful to those trying to buy credits with gold.
  • I've asked for this before, but can we please please please get folders for org helps. 

I.e

ghelp advancement rite would show a help file
    ghelp advancement would then show all helps under the "advancement" folder
    ghelp index would then show all the folders and any files not in a folder.

Really dislike having all the files all on one level, it's so much neater if you can sort things nicely.
  • @Estarra

This forum needs a setting to ignore posts from people, like how snub works in the game.

• PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    Either make LIBRARY AUDIT PUBLISHING show your own library's books or (to keep that as just a list of things you can critique) add in a new LIBRARY AUDIT WHATEVER to look at your own publications under review.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • Oh, can we please please please change stamps so that the tint they use is variable?

I really want to be able to use green tint for mine :'(
  • Saran said:

Oh, can we please please please change stamps so that the tint they use is variable?

Aren't they red wax seals?
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    edited February 2015
    Steingrim said:

Saran said:

Oh, can we please please please change stamps so that the tint they use is variable?

Aren't they red wax seals?
    Not wax, but always red ink. They're based on the Asian tradition. And because the thing they're based on typically used red ink, that was the rationale for Lusternian stamps only using red ink.

I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    It didn't make sense to me at first, either, but once I figured out what they were based on and the history of them, I'm okay with them being red only.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
    Same. I just wish there was a little in-game lore behind it. I just pretend origami and stamps and all the sweet thingsI like about bookbinding were developed by lobos. :)
    I used to make cakes.

• I believe Furrikin are the Japan-equivalent, aren't they? At least I got that impression from Yojimbo and a couple of the other Estelbar-kin. Though I suppose Quettle-senpai could be the China/Korea/Mongolia equivalent.
    Can't see those yokels having anything to do with the venerable and meditative art of origami. /scoff

But I know it also makes zero sense for Tosha monks to have developed stamps for authenticating documents. Their record keeping is shit.
    I used to make cakes.

• On the other hand (paw?), furrikin most likely founded the Lakedancers, and those are probably Zen as all get-out. Placid lake and all. So there is that aspect.
  • While I understand the reasoning beyond the redtint, there is nothing that physically is stopping anyone from making non-red tint and using that. So, being able to use other tint would be nice.
    Aerotan said:

I believe Furrikin are the Japan-equivalent, aren't they? At least I got that impression from Yojimbo and a couple of the other Estelbar-kin. Though I suppose Quettle-senpai could be the China/Korea/Mongolia equivalent.

I think it's best to take most loboshigaru as being analogues to the Mongols or Huns, and the monastic ones as a specific offshoot culture. I guess under this scheme the Vassal Pack-Hallifax relationship becomes something vaguely like the Russia-Cossack one.

Divorcing it from poor RL analogies, take most loboshigaru as a vaguely eastern horde archetype, the monks as the settled and civilized (I hate to use the term in the context, but I think it gets the point across despite being kind of problematic) offshoot of that population, and the vassal packs as the slowly assimilating mercenary/allied with civilization offshoot.
    I love it, and it needs to come straight out of Paranoia for the ranking.