Tweets VI: The Tweetsixteenth

Comments

• Lol I'm concerned about who ever voted me for CL.
  • Milune said:

Lol I'm concerned about who ever voted me for CL.

Eh, there are 8 people, or alts who think rather highly of you. Take it as a compliment.

Currently Playing in: The doctors office. One more needle and I might just lose it again.
  • I think it was two people with low vote weight.
  • edited March 2015
    Lavinya said:

Because people think somehow the city would function better without anyone paying out credits, or appointing ministers, or doing any of the other things an org leader is mechanically needed for? For all anyone IN GAME knows, it is permanent. It strikes me as seriously petty and a terrible mockery of an election (and serves no true purpose but to flip the bird at someone you don't like) to actually vote for a shrub, no matter who the shrub was.

The only reasons I can come up with for someone preferring a shrub (aka mechanically incapable of anything, even conversation) over ANYONE ELSE, is to either a) pander to the feelings of said shrub who has been openly punished by the admin for whatever reason and prevented from playing or b) to give a big eff you to the candidates that stood up and the rest of the city, rather than actually putting up your own non-shrubbed candidate and supporting them. or c) all of the above.

Am I missing something?

You could think of also:

a) None of the current candidates were liked or seen as good possible leaders
    b) Even when questions were addressed to an ex-warlord asking if they would change their ways (which is why they got replaced in the first place), they didnt even take the time (or care) to answer. Their own election post was barely a few lines. This showcased that they didnt even really care for the election and just assumed it was 'in the bag'.
    c) They saw two possible evils, either give in and choose one of the current candidates whom have been causing a scene in drama through politics and badmouthing, or leave the shrub in place, either way they saw themselves as getting fucked and choose the lesser of two-evils.

That is what you missed.

• TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Arcanis said:

Lavinya said:

Because people think somehow the city would function better without anyone paying out credits, or appointing ministers, or doing any of the other things an org leader is mechanically needed for? For all anyone IN GAME knows, it is permanent. It strikes me as seriously petty and a terrible mockery of an election (and serves no true purpose but to flip the bird at someone you don't like) to actually vote for a shrub, no matter who the shrub was.

The only reasons I can come up with for someone preferring a shrub (aka mechanically incapable of anything, even conversation) over ANYONE ELSE, is to either a) pander to the feelings of said shrub who has been openly punished by the admin for whatever reason and prevented from playing or b) to give a big eff you to the candidates that stood up and the rest of the city, rather than actually putting up your own non-shrubbed candidate and supporting them. or c) all of the above.

Am I missing something?

You could think of also:

a) None of the current candidates were liked or seen as good possible leaders
    b) Even when questions were addressed to an ex-warlord asking if they would change their ways (which is why they got replaced in the first place), they didnt even take the time (or care) to answer. Their own election post was barely a few lines. This showcased that they didnt even really care for the election and just assumed it was 'in the bag'.
    c) They saw two possible evils, either give in and choose one of the current candidates whom have been causing a scene in drama through politics and badmouthing, or leave the shrub in place, either way they saw themselves as getting fucked and choose the lesser of two-evils.

That is what you missed.

a) Well, Silvanus still won so I guess the majority likes him. This is just a rather rude comment.
    b) I don't really have an answer for this, but I assume @Silvanus felt his record spoke for itself.
    c) 'one of the current candidates whom have been causing a scene in drama through politics and badmouthing'. You mean Marcella? Why did you refer to her twice?
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • Pretty sure Marcella took over as a power trip with ooc support, but kay.
  • SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    It's not like people were going around Mag trying to convince people to vote for a shrub because she only had a 30 day shrubbery.

Oh wait, that is exactly what happened.

And people wonder why someone would think RP is dead.

2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    Maligorn said:

Had a dream last night that I was in alternate reality Lusternia. The Master Ravenwood was extremely tall and had a Master Crystal embedded in its branches where Crow would normally be. It spoke in a borg voice and had sticky sap and branches around it. My brain named it the Glomborolum even though that makes zero sense.

GG dreams.

Before the Glomborolum.

Our word, back off.
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • edited March 2015
    Silvanus said:

It's not like people were going around Mag trying to convince people to vote for a shrub because she only had a 30 day shrubbery.

Oh wait, that is exactly what happened.

And people wonder why someone would think RP is dead.

..what

I lost faith in common sense
    The playa you love to hate
  • MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    Neos said:

Maligorn said:

Had a dream last night that I was in alternate reality Lusternia. The Master Ravenwood was extremely tall and had a Master Crystal embedded in its branches where Crow would normally be. It spoke in a borg voice and had sticky sap and branches around it. My brain named it the Glomborolum even though that makes zero sense.

GG dreams.

Before the Glomborolum.

Our word, back off.
    "your word"

I hope D'Varsha comes out of the Knowledge seal to spank you.

• Magnagorians is spell checked as Magnanimous, I am amuesed.  
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    I'm amused that amuesed wasn't spell checked.  ;))
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • Qistrel said:

Some people just want to watch the world burn.

Welcome to the city of Magnolia.

Magnolia? It's Mongolia. Does this look like Mongolia to you?
  • QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    I definitely meant Magnolia.

• edited March 2015
    Qistrel said:

Get it right, it's Magnaflora! (Or it would have been if the Warleafy had retained office) :P

(Seriously though, glad to see she didn't.)
    Kalnid said:

Qistrel said:

I seriously hope you are joking, otherwise you apparently know very little about flowers.
    Kiss of the Enchantress hisses eerily, "Let them fear, and despair."
  • KaimanahiKaimanahi The One True Queen
    I think I'm about to inadvertently defend Arcanis, but...

There are cases where one might vote for an inactive or incapacitated leader (or even one who has willfully resigned), wherein the alternate candidates are projected to harm the organization to an extent which would outweigh any supposed "needs" for org maintenance (credits, Ministers, etc). Gaining city leader essentially gives you access to everything - credits, gold, commodities, and influence over philosophy, judicial systems, foreign affairs, face of the nation - and if you don't trust someone with all of that power and responsibility then having no effective leader at all suddenly becomes pretty attractive. Of course, then you should man up and run yourself instead of taking the chicken route, but, sometimes it forces a second election with more agreeable choices.

TL;DR: It's not personal like/dislike, it's concern that the leader would be detrimental to the city.

And I'm not saying that that's the case here; personally I think there were good candidates in the race! Best of luck to Mag in getting it together.

• LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Tarkenton said:

The shrub didn't win, by a large margin. Don't see what the big deal is. If they had won though, theeeeeeeeeen it'd be interesting. "I've been appointed the shrub's grand vizier. Two rustles means yes, one rustle means no, three means water me with the blood of orphans/virgins/whatever's handy. Chop chop."

I think it says more about the state of roleplay in Magnagora, that there was an active campaign to vote a shrub, instead of doing as Kelly said and actually putting forth your own candidate or stepping up to do it yourself if you found the other candidates so distasteful. Some of us like to just play the game. Others like to play the metagame.

There wouldn't be an issue if a shrub was automatically dismissed from any held positions upon growing leaves, and given it is a punishment and no one in game (to assume you do is to metagame) knows how long it would last, it makes sense to simply uproot them from any guild leadership or ministry position and force others to contest or have it stay vacant.

• Lavinya said:

Tarkenton said:

The shrub didn't win, by a large margin. Don't see what the big deal is. If they had won though, theeeeeeeeeen it'd be interesting. "I've been appointed the shrub's grand vizier. Two rustles means yes, one rustle means no, three means water me with the blood of orphans/virgins/whatever's handy. Chop chop."

I think it says more about the state of roleplay in Magnagora, that there was an active campaign to vote a shrub, instead of doing as Kelly said and actually putting forth your own candidate or stepping up to do it yourself if you found the other candidates so distasteful. Some of us like to just play the game. Others like to play the metagame.

Talking about the state of roleplay and use of OOC (metagame) methods, yet try to calaborate with other players to multi-issue individuals in attempts to shrub? That's pretty hypocritical.
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    OR let's not talk about issues anymore, since that's a no-no and I can't live without Tweets.

Pls pls pls

:-S
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    I'm disappointed that none of my alts got issued to check for family-buffing. :(
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • edited March 2015
    Shaddus said:

I'm disappointed that none of my alts got issued to check for family-buffing. :(

They did, but welcome to hypocrisy. I wonder if this could reevaluate a previous old issue of a certain player who had rather certain suspicious friendships to certain admin.

Edit: Oh wait, what am I saying. That'd be logical.
  • Kalnid said:

Qistrel said:

I got it.
    Sakaki said:

Qistrel said:

Get it right, it's Magnaflora! (Or it would have been if the Warleafy had retained office) :P

Kalnid said:

Qistrel said:

I seriously hope you are joking, otherwise you apparently know very little about flowers.
    Watch this and be enlightened.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • Alt? I barely have time for one character, let alone the legion we call @Shaddus.

Remember when this game was crazy popular? You'd login, check WHO, and see hundreds and hundreds.. of Shaddus alts.
    </RANT>
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Arcanis said:

Shaddus said:

They did, but welcome to hypocrisy. I wonder if this could reevaluate a previous old issue of a certain player who had rather certain suspicious friendships to certain admin.

Edit: Oh wait, what am I saying. That'd be logical.
    I didn't wake up to any issue messages :(

If it makes you feel any better, I've only got one instance of two characters in the same family, and one hasn't been played actively in 5+ years.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • I suspect the real reason, @Saddus, is that everyone your cool and not stupid.  I've seen more than one shrub get planted because one alt favoured another.  If you ever made that mistake it must have been ages ago, back when your little sister Magnora was still in diapers.

Being all that is it may, yeah, I guess I'd expect an ISSUE or two as well if I were in your shoes.
    </RANT>
  • SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    Kiradawea said:

Kalnid said:

Qistrel said:

I got it.
    Sakaki said:

Qistrel said:

Kalnid said:

Qistrel said:

Watch this and be enlightened.
    Yep, need to watch this movie now tonight
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
This discussion has been closed.