Tweets VI: The Tweetsixteenth

Comments

• From the Hallifax orglog:
    2015/04/22 21:43:29 - Cirenia was citizened by Fraesic Sunfar, Keeper of the Matrix.

Any bets on how I misread this, causing me to literally fall out of a chair at work?
  • ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    Sometimes the forums is more exciting than Lusternia however.
  • Arcanis said:

Taevyn said:

So, you tell me about how actions are not making people want to play, yet proceed to try and dictate the way I am supposed to do things?

I don't raid all the time. I go weeks without raiding sometimes. I raid at times that are reasonable for me. I will not be told how I am supposed to play a game, and I won't stand for being insulted over a public forum.

I didn't go back, because, you know, when you get knocked off equilibrium for 9 seconds due to ripple, it kinda means I can't do anything. I achieved what I set out to, and I am happy about it. Sorry that, you know, unlike some people who sit in manses all day and do nothing, even if their planes are being raided, I had things to do.

Are you also telling me, that, Arcanis' continual shit with setting fire to Glomdoring and cutting down it's trees is not affecting them? And yet, the only person you seem to insult here is myself. All I can see is you standing by and letting that happen with not a care in the world. Oh don't tell me, 'it's just Arcanis doing his thing' Like everyone else says, because you continue to make posts doing nothing but utterly bitch about me raiding at times that are reasonable to ME, and not about other peoples problems, nor do you seem to even express care in the slightest.

And teenagers with something to prove over the internet? Looks like you haven't grown up at all, to me.

Wait wait, hold up. I never understood why all the woes of the Basin somehow become your problem. "Arcanis raided glomdoring. I shall avenge!". Why the frick are you even fighting for them? From my experiences with you, you simply try to find -any- excuse you can to just get your own agenda. You think throwing flame sigiled salt packs around Nil and Earth was somehow a justified response? You've been showing yourself as nothing but an annoying child for the past few months. You even use whatever excuse you can to "send a message" to an 'enemy' to try and bully them. Only 4 days ago you sent Ikini her ear through a dirigible.

My actions actually had some reason to them, if you had bothered asking around, and when Silvanus approached me about it, I understood he was getting a headache from the cries and decided i'll stop for now. Was I attempting to be a nuisance? No, but did my actions portray that? Perhaps. I was actually attempting to attack the org itself for a justified reason, as I believe all actions have consequences and Glom suddenly deciding to swap ships should not have been taken lightly. I however was cutting trees and setting on fire. I think I only maybe killed 2 people, and both assaulted me first. Not that im trying to defend myself here, but im trying to show you how my actions were focused on an actual political purpose, while yours are simply to grief for the sake of griefing.

Edit: And it isnt even about you trying to enhance your combatant skills. You -clearly- have shown you try to find the 'easy way out' with combat. You went cantor to try and build up on it's then Princessfarewell destroying capability, much like Draylor and Daebach before you. When it was known there was an obvious bug with Aeon not curing first from steam, your raiding trippled with you trying to get easy kills, after the change happened, you vanished for a time and even changed class back to Knight. What do you think this says about you?
    Right, let me use my violin to cut more ears off. I never sent Ikini ANYTHING through a dirigible. People need to learn to PROBE DIRIGIBLE sometimes. I went Cantor because I didn't like Aquamancy, I don't like the look of Celestines, and I still don't have the ability to learn Tahtetso, and I am sick of warrior RNG without runes. I went back to Knight for a short period because we needed pits for a bit. Note how I still raided as a warrior with pits, and I didn't vanish. When I was issued for an Aeon bug, it got dismissed. I wonder why. Perhaps you should get your facts straight.
    ヽ`ヽ`、ヽヽ`ヽ`、`ヽ`、ヽヽ`ヽ`、ヽヽ`༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ☂ ɪᴛs ʀᴀɪɴɪɴɢ sᴀʟᴛ! ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ☂                                ヽ`ヽ`、ヽヽ`ヽ`、`ヽ`、ヽヽ`ヽ`、ヽヽ`

• Taevyn said:

Arcanis said:

Taevyn said:

So, you tell me about how actions are not making people want to play, yet proceed to try and dictate the way I am supposed to do things?

I don't raid all the time. I go weeks without raiding sometimes. I raid at times that are reasonable for me. I will not be told how I am supposed to play a game, and I won't stand for being insulted over a public forum.

I didn't go back, because, you know, when you get knocked off equilibrium for 9 seconds due to ripple, it kinda means I can't do anything. I achieved what I set out to, and I am happy about it. Sorry that, you know, unlike some people who sit in manses all day and do nothing, even if their planes are being raided, I had things to do.

Are you also telling me, that, Arcanis' continual shit with setting fire to Glomdoring and cutting down it's trees is not affecting them? And yet, the only person you seem to insult here is myself. All I can see is you standing by and letting that happen with not a care in the world. Oh don't tell me, 'it's just Arcanis doing his thing' Like everyone else says, because you continue to make posts doing nothing but utterly bitch about me raiding at times that are reasonable to ME, and not about other peoples problems, nor do you seem to even express care in the slightest.

And teenagers with something to prove over the internet? Looks like you haven't grown up at all, to me.

Wait wait, hold up. I never understood why all the woes of the Basin somehow become your problem. "Arcanis raided glomdoring. I shall avenge!". Why the frick are you even fighting for them? From my experiences with you, you simply try to find -any- excuse you can to just get your own agenda. You think throwing flame sigiled salt packs around Nil and Earth was somehow a justified response? You've been showing yourself as nothing but an annoying child for the past few months. You even use whatever excuse you can to "send a message" to an 'enemy' to try and bully them. Only 4 days ago you sent Ikini her ear through a dirigible.

My actions actually had some reason to them, if you had bothered asking around, and when Silvanus approached me about it, I understood he was getting a headache from the cries and decided i'll stop for now. Was I attempting to be a nuisance? No, but did my actions portray that? Perhaps. I was actually attempting to attack the org itself for a justified reason, as I believe all actions have consequences and Glom suddenly deciding to swap ships should not have been taken lightly. I however was cutting trees and setting on fire. I think I only maybe killed 2 people, and both assaulted me first. Not that im trying to defend myself here, but im trying to show you how my actions were focused on an actual political purpose, while yours are simply to grief for the sake of griefing.

Edit: And it isnt even about you trying to enhance your combatant skills. You -clearly- have shown you try to find the 'easy way out' with combat. You went cantor to try and build up on it's then Princessfarewell destroying capability, much like Draylor and Daebach before you. When it was known there was an obvious bug with Aeon not curing first from steam, your raiding trippled with you trying to get easy kills, after the change happened, you vanished for a time and even changed class back to Knight. What do you think this says about you?
    Right, let me use my violin to cut more ears off. I never sent Ikini ANYTHING through a dirigible. People need to learn to PROBE DIRIGIBLE sometimes. I went Cantor because I didn't like Aquamancy, I don't like the look of Celestines, and I still don't have the ability to learn Tahtetso, and I am sick of warrior RNG without runes. I went back to Knight for a short period because we needed pits for a bit. Note how I still raided as a warrior with pits, and I didn't vanish. When I was issued for an Aeon bug, it got dismissed. I wonder why. Perhaps you should get your facts straight.

And then after multiple issues and bug concerning Aeon, it was finally recognized and changed after a week, during which your raiding tripled, including on god realms. I think Lavinya can still remember the morgfyre daily raids there.
  • edited April 2015
    Arcanis said:

Taevyn said:

Arcanis said:

Taevyn said:

And then after multiple issues and bug concerning Aeon, it was finally recognized and changed after a week, during which your raiding tripled, including on god realms. I think Lavinya can still remember the morgfyre daily raids there.
    I didn't raid Morgfyre's realm all too often, actually, and when I did, it's because someone asked me if I wanted to go. I still don't raid Godrealms all too often. And, as for the Aeon, there should have been no issues in the first place. If it is a bug, you bug it. That is what it is there for. I'm pretty sure it never 'tripled' as I hardly raided beforehand. So triple next to nothing is still next to nothing.
    ヽ`ヽ`、ヽヽ`ヽ`、`ヽ`、ヽヽ`ヽ`、ヽヽ`༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ☂ ɪᴛs ʀᴀɪɴɪɴɢ sᴀʟᴛ! ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ☂                                ヽ`ヽ`、ヽヽ`ヽ`、`ヽ`、ヽヽ`ヽ`、ヽヽ`

• This amount of drama is great for novices glancing at forums guys :|
  • ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    Lol, the forums were way more useful when people are actually allowed to be people instead of mindless praise bots.
  • edited April 2015
    Like I need forums to say @Zitto is a commie newb destroying Hallifax so I don't shout that in game and get ganked.
    The Inner Sea.
    I take commissions doe.
  • MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    I spent 90% of that Death domoth fight in a pit because of something stupid on my part.

I'm helping! I'm helping! \o/

• TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    At work helping with domoth.  spam assault whoever leg, hack up whoever, occasional hack down.  I was helping too.
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    edited April 2015
    The journey trough group pk over time is an interesting one. You start as a nameless noob web spam bot, then you figure a few things out and don't die instantly so you get to help set up kills, then you get a grasp of pk and start utilizing your utility skills and supporting the team, then you become one of the known combatants and actually organize the group and keep it together.

I've reached the final stage. Artied damage spam bot who hogs all the deathsight glory with 1 button while everyone else does the difficult stuff. 
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    That awkward moment when they make you culture minister just to have someone to submit prestige for the year, leading you to believe that you need one now, you produce one as fast as you can....

and only when you go to submit do you learn that the submissions aren't actually open.

#lamentations.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    My problem with my crap work computer profile is no chat window, since mudlet for Mac constantly resizes the window on me or shifts it on the screen. So it becomes a game of "did everyone just target x Or is that them killing me? " The spam is why I try to have a kill order in mind when I end up leading, so once someone is dead the group hopefully shifts to the next target. Doesn't always work, but I've found it can save some confusion.
  • edited April 2015
    Yeah... To put things in perspective, @Arcanis: It takes you what? A minute or two to run through Glom and cut down a couple of trees? Even if there are defenders you can just run from them and chop trees while they're looking, unable to do anything, really. We then have to gather 50 shadows for every tree cut, and keep the saplings/etc. safe for three new moons. Sure, I can get doing that a couple of times as a political standpoint. However, doing it daily for... what? A month or so? I honestly didn't keep track of how long you did it, but it was, IMHO, far longer than just making a political standpoint.

Also, regarding the fires: It takes you ten power and half a minute to start a fire. Unless we catch it immediately (which rarely happens), we then have to get three or four people to work on it for upwards of half an hour to outpace the fire spreading. Frankly, that's (at least to me) the very definition of griefing. Again, yeah, I get the "political standpoint" bit, but... frankly, there is a point when it stops being that and starts to look more like an attempt to annoy the people playing in Glom.
  • SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    Celina said:

The journey trough group pk over time is an interesting one. You start as a nameless noob web spam bot, then you figure a few things out and don't die instantly so you get to help set up kills, then you get a grasp of pk and start utilizing your utility skills and supporting the team, then you become one of the known combatants and actually organize the group and keep it together.

I've reached the final stage. Artied damage spam bot who hogs all the deathsight glory with 1 button while everyone else does the difficult stuff. 
    Or you can be like me and go through all the stages till you end up back where you were, nameless noob ectoplasm/omen/beckonbot.
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • edited April 2015

Astraea said:

Being someone who isn't invested in the ins and outs of PK, fairweather, childish, or of the whatever variety. I do have to say that chopping commune trees is annoying, but skulking in at low population times and setting the entire forest on fire is downright frustrating. Especially when you log on and are the only person, or one of two or three people around. To the point of "screw this, I'm QQ'ing this is friggin awful"

That stuff really grinds my gears.

But proceed. 
    Yeah, logged in and the nexus was on fire. Mostly put it out myself, but the newbie who died three times helping me(and slaome? I think....) and then logged in hasn't been back for all I can tell( thanks arcanis!).

Plus, Ssaliss is correct. Once or twice is making a point. 3 or 5 times is annoying. Doing for a RL month(?), that's just griefing.....
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• I don't think you people realise who you're trying to reason with.
  • Syrennia said:

I don't think you people realise who you're trying to reason with.

Arcanis?
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• edited April 2015
    Ssaliss said:

Yeah... To put things in perspective, @Arcanis: It takes you what? A minute or two to run through Glom and cut down a couple of trees? Even if there are defenders you can just run from them and chop trees while they're looking, unable to do anything, really. We then have to gather 50 shadows for every tree cut, and keep the saplings/etc. safe for three new moons. Sure, I can get doing that a couple of times as a political standpoint. However, doing it daily for... what? A month or so? I honestly didn't keep track of how long you did it, but it was, IMHO, far longer than just making a political standpoint.

Also, regarding the fires: It takes you ten power and half a minute to start a fire. Unless we catch it immediately (which rarely happens), we then have to get three or four people to work on it for upwards of half an hour to outpace the fire spreading. Frankly, that's (at least to me) the very definition of griefing. Again, yeah, I get the "political standpoint" bit, but... frankly, there is a point when it stops being that and starts to look more like an attempt to annoy the people playing in Glom.

What annoyed me is that I wasnt even contacted about it. You had someone coming in, chopping trees, and setting the forest on fire and didnt think to check with them why they're acting so aggressively? Im sad to say that I only had 2 individuals from Glom contact me about the attacks, one was a novice that actually admitted I had a point after I explained why im doing what im doing, and the other was Celina saying "imma kill you dead". I then later hear you went straight to Silvanus asking him to remove me from Mag...which frankly isnt practical as Mag would never harm one of its own citizens for another nation (unless said citizen was breaking rules).

Edit: Edited for grammarz
  • Syrennia said:

And frankly @Syrennia, you really dont have much room to talk here. You used an alt to try and hurt someone by making them quit a family they were part of just to try and ruin great house status for that entire family. This was after the head of that family even contacted you asking if you'd stay in the family for a few days until a new kid was added, meaning you intentionally sought to harm everyone in it. You then used your other character to order people not to harm an org for your second character, even when there was no IC reason or motivation for it. Really? Spare me
  • I love that Arcanis has been not banned for what 2 or 3 days and it's already straight back to where it was a month ago. ggforums
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Arcanis said:

Syrennia said:

And frankly @Syrennia, you really dont have much room to talk here. You used an alt to try and hurt someone by making them quit a family they were part of just to try and ruin great house status for that entire family. This was after the head of that family even contacted you asking if you'd stay in the family for a few days until a new kid was added, meaning you intentionally sought to harm everyone in it. You then used your other character to order people not to harm an org for your second character, even when there was no IC reason or motivation for it. Really? Spare me
    Seeing as the house was full of people abusing seconds, I'd say she has as much room to talk about it as she'd like. While I don't agree with Syrennia's choices to limit Ninjakari from raiding Glomdoring, she justified it well enough ICly that my scholar character who has extensively studied the Undervault had no choice but to concede to her current mindset, though she wasn't happy about it.

I like tweets and I don't want to see it closed. I'll tell you the same thing everyone tells everyone else in these situations, if you want to talk about it take it to another thread.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    Actually, my earlier dissatisfaction has absolutely nothing to do with the forums whatsoever, just people in game, and the fact that I overreacted to something stupid, which I feel horrible about.

So, honestly, at the moment, if it doesn't involve tattoos, fink rp or hunting, I don't even care.

• Arcanis said:

Ssaliss said:

What annoyed me is that I wasnt even contacted about it. You had someone coming in, chopping trees, and setting the forest on fire and didnt think to check with them why they're acting so aggressively? Im sad to say that I only had 2 individuals from Glom contact me about the attacks, one was a novice that actually admitted I had a point after I explained why im doing what im doing, and the other was Celina saying "imma kill you dead". I then later hear you went straight to Silvanus asking him to remove me from Mag...which frankly isnt practical as Mag would never harm one of its own citizens for another nation (unless said citizen was breaking rules).

I wasn't going to respond because I didn't want to get banned, but... sorry? I talked to you. Kalia talked to you. I'm more than pretty sure Rykinia talked to you.

Your "reason" was, first of all, absolutely bullshit. You were antagonizing Glomdoring long before the eaf incident. "Punishing" Glomdoring for "betraying" Mag? Don't make me snort coke out my nose. Oh, sorry, did that yesterday already. And when I asked you why YOU didn't pursue other ways of resolving the conflict, your response was to tell me Glomdoring was doomed to be destroyed, and implying you would be the one to do it (you said you were some gear in a machine to bring Glom down or some nonsense like that. Protip: your metaphors suck)

You obviously were throwing some kind of bitchfit tantrum, and had no intention of stopping. So I asked you why you'd chop-and-run instead of standing to fight. Your response, "Oh, I don't want to fight. I just want to make it hurt."

You admitted straight out you were out to harrass Glomdoring. YOU rejected multiple attempts at reconciliation. You started the bullshit long BEFORE your alibi. And now you're lying through your teeth.

I'd put some gif of a middle finger or something here, but I've got better things to spend my time on.

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Arcanis said:

Ssaliss said:

While there are others who have pointed out factual inconsistencies in this statement, I am going to go further and say that when the novice you gave reasons to asked the rest of us (and actually received the full story, instead of warped little snippets of it), she then came to the understanding that you didn't have a point / leg to stand on at all.  :)
This discussion has been closed.