Artifact Ideas

Comments

• QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    Reskinned versions of the ur'Stone of Cankermore. Not because I want one, but because it seriously bugs me that we have Celest people using a necromatic stone.

• ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Ssaliss said:

I know there's been people asking for other elemental rings than Air. I'd think Water would be the biggest in demand, considering it covers both the elemental plane and the seas on the Prime plane, where the other rings only cover their elemental planes. It would be nice if the Air ring and the Brooch of the Tempest could be combined though, and perhaps the Earth ring could prevent people being pulled down by gravediggers and icediggers, but that might be a bit much. Plus, I can't think of anything for the Fire rings...

Dramube resist for Fire rings? Then Pyros will complain that they don't get immunity from their pyro boost.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    You could do a bulk discount for buying multiple cuttlefish. I probably wouldn't get one this time around, but next time there's a goop with credit conversion promo I'd be all over it.

Flask of something clever-CHUG FLASK X to get your choice of a goldentonic, kiwipunch, or those other ones whose names escape me. Usable once per game month. One free drink per month shouldn't break the market for them, but it'd be nice for people who use them a lot. Maybe just tonics if people are worried it would encourage stacking the buffs from the other ones.

Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
    edited April 2015
    I still think an artifact that notifies you in some fashion when your name is mentioned would be a funny thing to have.

EDIT: Also, an artifact that allows one to sleep until they manually decide to wake (for experiencing dreams)

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    edited April 2015
    Ooh, hold on! 
    Dreamer's Mask - When worn, you see dreams as if asleep, and can DEEPSLEEP to enable you to sleep even if you are normally above such needs.

Vestera's Shifting Torc - Upgrade to the above, allows you to DREAMWEAVE LEAVEBODY, UNITEBODY, and BODYSNAP. reduces the equilibrium loss for dreamweavers. Includes the effect of the Mask for those who want to continue dreaming.

Eyes of the Dreamwatcher - Allows those in dreamform to perceive the dreams of others. (something like: From the sleeping form of Bob, you see a dream.
    You are standing in a room filled to bursting with gold. Mountains of Sovereigns cover every available surface, rivaling the riches of nations! Outside you can see still more customers lining up to buy your too-cheap wares.)

EDIT: Because the dreaming world is a lonely, sad little place.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    No please to the latter. 

The mask is a good idea, especially if dreamweavers also get it as a skill, that they can use on others for a small power cost or something. 
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    An artifact that lets you use tracking's prints. >.>

• NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    Something that allows you to link a keg and/or vial to a beast so that when they run out of venom, it auto-refills.
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • An artifact aethercraft module with no functionality other than that it lets you move while remaining locked into it.  Call it a 'Slivvener's Harness' or something.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    edited April 2015
    I always want more upgrades for the stenographer, so a few possibilities:

Stenographic Editing Table (25 db?)
    - Insert a scroll and several inscribed letters, which get stitched together into one record on the scroll
    -Allows excerpting chunks, with marks to indicate that the record has been edited. This would let you show off the relevant parts of a long discussion.
    -Allows redacting of lines/words, with a big [REDACTED] notice replacing the removed text.

Stenographic Sketch Artist Certificate (75db?)
    (after purchase, you put it in the stenographer, and it consumes the item)
    Teaches your mechanical stenographer to draw, allowing him to render the people present and sketch their actions as they occur. Emotes by people present can now be added to the record, PULL to toggle.

IC logs are GREAT, it helps us keep a more distinct line between IC and OOC, while still having verifiable and easy records of things. MOAR
  • I would like to see:

Quill of the Absentee Parent:
    Allows the owner to mark a person as a potential child/sibling.  When another Founder or Spouse considers the child, it counts as if the Absentee Parent is in the room.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Isn't it already possible to adopt kids without both parents being present?
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • Daraius said:

Isn't it already possible to adopt kids without both parents being present?

If it is, the help files need to be updated :)
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Yep, just needs to be in the hall of records. One parent + child does the usual command, then the other parent + child does the same command but with 'confirm', I think.
  • OK, great.  Is there anything that a parent can't do if they have bad luck with timing towards kids/spouses/siblings?  If so, change my idea to that.   I just like the idea of an absentee parent artifact.
  • Adopting a child as a single parent would be nice.
  • edited April 2015
    Ssaliss said:

Adopting a child as a single parent would be nice.

Quill of Alimony, if you were ever divorced.
    Quill of the Absentee Parent, if your spouse is never online.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    edited April 2015
    I would love to be able to adopt without having to divorce a dormant partner and remarry. I don't think it'll ever happen.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    mark of the tertiary (horrible name) - attaches to tarot deck, dreamcatcher, runebag. Makes the item permanent and resetting. Any time you use a skill which would require the item to be removed from a rift of some sort, the item is used automatically without having to "outrift" the item.

along the same type of item

Bob's rift vacuum: Any time your active tradeskill is used to make an item, it will check your rift first to see if the commodities are held there. If they are, the items are used from the rift first.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    I'd love both of these

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    The second I can see. The first defeats the point of command denial (aeon, stupidity) if you don't have stuff pre-outed. Perhaps tie it to masochism.
  • Shaddus said:

mark of the tertiary (horrible name) - attaches to tarot deck, dreamcatcher, runebag. Makes the item permanent and resetting. Any time you use a skill which would require the item to be removed from a rift of some sort, the item is used automatically without having to "outrift" the item.

Yes please. And would also love this to make a runebag wearable.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Tarkenton said:

The second I can see. The first defeats the point of command denial (aeon, stupidity) if you don't have stuff pre-outed. Perhaps tie it to masochism.

I think stuff that requires outdecking, outrifting, etc. skips aeon anyway doesn't it?
  • Related to all this, I wish there was a way, perhaps as a function of the doctoral tam, to access unique rifts (gems, flesh, carrion, etc) as long as you possess the appropriate dormant skill. I still occasional run into goofs pulling out charged gems and feel very silly not being able to put them back into my rift.
    Luce said:

Tarkenton said:

I think stuff that requires outdecking, outrifting, etc. skips aeon anyway doesn't it?
    Uhhhh, no? Why would it? I'd be fine with perma deck/runebag/dreamcatcher/whatever (I have all those skills and it's annoying to have to remember to replace them all the time) but not with it automatically pulling out objects from the rift for you.

• Wyrden/wildewood race hat please!
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    Beastmaster pendant for ego

• Shuyin said:
    Baelor told me to suggest this due to how awesome the racial overhaul thread is turning out:

Cameo Level 2:
    -Reduces racechange cooldown to once per IC day (down from once per IC month).
    -Natural upgrade to changeling cameo.

Do it, make $$$.

Edit:

Also please make the tam reduce classflex cooldown to once per IC day as well!
    I was going to suggest to Estarra that cameos stack. So if she doesn't go with your suggestion, please accept mine.

Also, once again, please fix classflex cooldown. None of the doom and gloom came to pass.