QUOTES 8: THE QUOTING

Comments

• ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Everiine said:

I imagine they burst forth in a lab coat with a clipboard, ready to take attendance and ensure proper decorum.

But the cake is fabulous, because art.

Hawt.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    Finkmote! Yay!

Nikkakorra scurries about, trying to hide the suspicious look on her face.

• QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    #failflares

So, first time, pilot says to target Aegis, and everone just shoots...random ships instead.

Second time...

<name redacted> tells you, "I think I locked into an empath grid.. does that mean I should of healed the ship?"

• Qistrel said:

#failflares

So, first time, pilot says to target Aegis, and everone just shoots...random ships instead.

Second time...

<name redacted> tells you, "I think I locked into an empath grid.. does that mean I should of healed the ship?"

Clearly, some people just signed themselves up for some intense aethership training! :D
  • edited May 2015
    Qistrel said:

I think the worst part is people thinking 'should of' is the correct use of phrase.

(shudder)

Edit: Lol the flagging.
    A far away voice whispers, the sound barely reaching your ears, yet the words remain perfectly clear, "Then so be it."
  • Double post because better post:

D'liom @Astraea says, "You are...."

D'liom Astraea says, "Compassionate? Kind? Honourable? You must forgive us, we are unaware of a word to use in this situation that is not demeaning."

A far away voice whispers, the sound barely reaching your ears, yet the words remain perfectly clear, "Then so be it."
  • 2015/05/02 09:42:48 - Tylwyth declared Silea to be a formal enemy. Reason: for the pusillanimous knaves Croven assault upon both our youngsters in Ethereal glom, and slubberdegullion popinjay's assault upon Lord Nochts Slaugh.

I can't believe I misspelled craven in a sentence I used "slubberdegullion" in. Of course I also missed a "the" before it too...

FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Tylwyth said:

2015/05/02 09:42:48 - Tylwyth declared Silea to be a formal enemy. Reason: for the pusillanimous knaves Croven assault upon both our youngsters in Ethereal glom, and slubberdegullion popinjay's assault upon Lord Nochts Slaugh.

I can't believe I misspelled craven in a sentence I used "slubberdegullion" in. Of course I also missed a "the" before it too...

Clearly, the affront to your person was so outrageous that you were unable to adequately rein in your temper. I know I often find myself so scandalised that proper grammar falls to the wayside.
  • I thought you meant Croven to be Crow coven at first.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • Kiradawea said:

I thought you meant Croven to be Crow coven at first.

?
    Night has covens. Crow has a Murder.
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    These puns are going to murder me.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • edited May 2015
    Like half the jokes for Hallifax, that was tearable @Tremula
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    I'm gonna wing it caws this is gonna get worse.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    Shaddus r/n

I don't get the joke beakaws I don't read that comic. Sorry.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • You're just pecking away at the list of bird puns aren't you.
    Shaddus said:

I don't get the joke beakaws I don't read that comic. Sorry.

Someone just made a bad (read:great) pun and everyone's doing the universal groan of acknowledgement. <3

• Everiine said:

I imagine they burst forth in a lab coat with a clipboard, ready to take attendance and ensure proper decorum.

ACTUALLY, the person springs out, yelling triumph as they pounce/tackle the person holding the cake. Mad frosting mess ensues. Really fun to watch.
    --------
    "You are so much bigger than you think you are," She says, fervently. "You are a beacon of hope that shines through the world with every step you take. You are My beacon, Gabriella, and you shine even into the darkest of nightmares."
    --------
    The air sparkles with silver motes of light as a silken voice says, "You will see growth and strength where others will see weakness. You will walk with Us as a paragon of Serenwilde's power, for you have already walked this path before."
  • For some reason I appreciate this more now that I'm not half-asleep:

(was asking if my continuing to use loralaria offended him):

Maligorn: "No, I'd much rather have you play such tones rather than some barbaric commune beat."
    Maligorn: "But if you choose to remain in a forest, that's your prerogative."

Well played, @Maligorn.
    "Chairwoman," Princess Setisoki states, holding up a hand in a gesture for her to stop and returning the cup. "That would be quite inappropriate. One of the males will serve me."
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Gabriella said:

Everiine said:

ACTUALLY, the person springs out, yelling triumph as they pounce/tackle the person holding the cake. Mad frosting mess ensues. Really fun to watch.
    I think you're thinking of Ackleberry's Cake Parties. Those are a long-lost art, now only practiced on very solemn occasions in Estelbar.
    Luce said:

Gabriella said:

Everiine said:

I think you're thinking of Ackleberry's Cake Parties. Those are a long-lost art, now only practiced on very solemn occasions in Estelbar.
    Actually, I think you're thinking about Isunite parties, where doddering old uncles are baked into cakes and fed, still living, to the nephew at his own wedding.

• Just ask @Isune !
    --------
    "You are so much bigger than you think you are," She says, fervently. "You are a beacon of hope that shines through the world with every step you take. You are My beacon, Gabriella, and you shine even into the darkest of nightmares."
    --------
    The air sparkles with silver motes of light as a silken voice says, "You will see growth and strength where others will see weakness. You will walk with Us as a paragon of Serenwilde's power, for you have already walked this path before."
  • ClanPerson says, "It would be really weird if RL people didn't need to sleep."

ClanPerson says, "Like, without sleep, we wouldn't need beds..."

You say, "Yeah we would."

ClanPerson says, "But we'd need some kind of...mattressy things for fun times, so in every house there'd just be a creepy sex mattress hidden somewhere."

The Inner Sea.
    I take commissions doe.
  • Krin T'Soni says, "I look pretty while stabbing people."

No context needed, just laugh with me at the thought of Krin leaving the aetherplex