Tweets VI: The Tweetsixteenth

Comments

• SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    edited May 2015
    Raiding Nil during the Bloodfaire's Bloodbath in the Arena.

What a low life. Pathetic. This is why we can't have nice things.

Editted: Oh, and then run away immediately when anyone shows up.
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • I laugh at this ranting. And cook popcorn.
  • [QUOTE]
    You tease a wood nymph, ridiculing her outlandish style and manners.
    A wood nymph gives a dramatic sigh and politely edges away from you.
    ?:-
    Enadonella has been slain in the Klangratch Tournies by Sister Enadonella.
    You have recovered equilibrium.[/quote]

such self hate!
    Didn't even know that was possible.....
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• Just figured out why Lusternia has a low playerbase compared to Achaea even though its Mythos, History, world and in-game features are all better.
  • Makaela said:
    Just figured out why Lusternia has a low playerbase compared to Achaea even though its Mythos, History, world and in-game features are all better.

WHy?
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    edited May 2015
    I'm sorry that you felt some people were mean to you. But you also have to respect the roleplay, that being a guest in a different city, from an org many Mags hate, related to a city enemy, that you're not going to be doted on. And when everyone was told (well I held up a sign) to be quiet so we could finish our bloodfaire, you kept going, so I gusted you out. And the tirade continued.

Ask anyone in Glomdoring, how a Magnagoran would be treated in their forest, under similar circumstances. In fact, even when invited by Glomdoring's divine, we sure as hell weren't treated 'kindly'. I didn't take it personally. Neither should you. Just remember disdain is towards the character you play, not you the person behind it. You are probably totally awesome!

• edited May 2015
    1) Marcella lied through her goddamn teeth about biting her tongue about her dislike . Everytime she saw me she said something negative. 
    2) I didnt see your ruddy sign till after I hit enter
    3) There is a god damn difference between Evil and Superior and how most of what your city acted. Marcella was a bitch to me well before she I knew I was trems daughter as was Ikini.

I was not expecting to be treated kindly but again there is a difference between disdain and being an arsehat

Example Pectus treats Makaela with disdain however she has not crossed into the arsehat territory. Vetala much the same excet vetala also gives a bit f respect cus familial relation.  <-- these are examples of how you can rp evil/disdain/distrust without crossing in the aggressive harrasing crap Marcella and Ikini did right off
    I cant say much about you I had far to little interaction with you.

Will say the trying to throw you won prizes in my face when I returned every prize I won was a low blow though.
  • ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    I know I take it personally OOC when people attack my character too.
  • Tylwyth said:
    [QUOTE]
    You tease a wood nymph, ridiculing her outlandish style and manners.
    A wood nymph gives a dramatic sigh and politely edges away from you.

You have recovered equilibrium.[/quote]

such self hate!
    Didn't even know that was possible.....
    Oh...I didn't realise it went through that many times. lol. 
  • QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    -still recovering from Bloodfaire-

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    2015/05/25 05:24:09 - Credits: +862. Donated by Silvanus.
    2015/05/25 05:24:28 - Silvanus donated 1287000 gold.
    2015/05/25 06:29:34 - Silvanus donated 11600000 gold.

And that, boys and girls, is how you do a servant auction.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.

Makaela said:
    1) Marcella lied through her goddamn teeth about biting her tongue about her dislike . Everytime she saw me she said something negative. 
    3) There is a god damn difference between Evil and Superior and how most of what your city acted. Marcella was a bitch to me well before she I knew I was trems daughter as was Ikini.

I was not expecting to be treated kindly but again there is a difference between disdain and being an arsehat

Example Pectus treats Makaela with disdain however she has not crossed into the arsehat territory. Vetala much the same excet vetala also gives a bit f respect cus familial relation.  <-- these are examples of how you can rp evil/disdain/distrust without crossing in the aggressive harrasing crap Marcella and Ikini did right off

Will say the trying to throw you won prizes in my face when I returned every prize I won was a low blow though.

Hi. You're new here, so let me explain some things to you.

1. Not long ago, Glom and Mag were in a treaty, but Mag did some things Glom didn't like. Marcella was Warlord at the time and declared war on Glom. It never really actually happened officially, but we're not best of friends right now.

2. In fact, Marcella likes to help raid Glom. She and Tremula also have history, which likely makes how she treats you worse. If you don't like it, snub Marcella.

3. You're in our org, and we're not killing you. I can assure you that Glom treats Mags far worse and with far less politeness, even if we weren't snarling back and forth at each other politically. If you don't like that everyone's not your friend, Lusternia is not your cup of tea. Sorry. You can either go cry into your IC or OOC pillows, or you can woman up and realise that casting shade and being snarky behind their/our back is a lot more fun.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Makaela said:
    Just figured out why Lusternia has a low playerbase compared to Achaea even though its Mythos, History, world and in-game features are all better.
    Eh... there are terrible characters across all the IRE games, as well as terrible players, and it's not always a clear connection between the former and the latter. Personally, I like Marcella, because she gives my -character- an embodiment of everything she hates about Magnagora, and why. I know almost nothing about her player, so the hatred can't possibly be about anything other than the game... if the same is true in your case(and with the others you mentioned), then, while you can't control the way other's play, you can control how you respond.

Heck, we can get together in-character and hold a entire festival dedicated to How Much Magnagora Sucks. I can't think of anything Keth would enjoy more. Other than the fact that Serenwilde wouldn't be invited.
    "Chairwoman," Princess Setisoki states, holding up a hand in a gesture for her to stop and returning the cup. "That would be quite inappropriate. One of the males will serve me."
  • Makaela said:
    -stuff-
    These things happen. Marcella is well known (proudly, I think) for being caustic character, so if you intend to have further dealings with her, it's just something to keep in mind. As to whether or not her nature carries into OOC, that I can't speak for, but you'll learn that people like @Lavinya are really swell despite whatever shitstorm is brewing IC; you shouldn't feel slighted on a personal level when actions aren't directed to you, personally, the person. That's something that the respectable majority of the Lusternian community adheres to, but for everyone else, as @Shaddus said, there is SNUB.

You'll learn to let it bother you less.
    A far away voice whispers, the sound barely reaching your ears, yet the words remain perfectly clear, "Then so be it."
  • QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    I'm sad more Gloms didn't show up, and that no one got my Manteekan face tattoo. :(

• Counterpoint: If you tried being less of a caustic butt, maybe people would like to roleplay/interact with you more? Even if you're RP justified in being  rude, being the better lich will probably lead to more interesting opportunities for all involved.
  • edited May 2015
    @Shaddus

1) Your first point creates reason for Glom to dislike Mag not the other way around. However as it is brief I expect there is more to the story.

2) She acted this way before learning I was Tremula's daughter. I'd say acting the way she does, she misses out on so many oppurtunities to convert young characters.

3) This point I will concede. I still feel there is a difference between disdain/enemy rp and being a complete ass. On both sides.

As said I did not expect a oh hey lets be friends. But to -invite- people into your org then treat them like crap is just stupid if you honestly expect them to sit there and take it. (This is directed at Glom as well, as I doubt Shaddus has reason to lie about how glom treats mags)

@Kethaera will likely seek out some rp with you, but I do not feel a festival dedicated to insulting an entire group is conducive to keeping players on all sides interested in Lusternia.

@Qistrel I passed on your message. Also Makaela does not trust Manteekan even though he is a Glomdoring Divine. She distrusts all of the 12.

@Phulbelishi I have no issues with @Lavinya . The brief encounters I had with her seem to indicate she can rp respect while having disdain. However I only have a tiny sample of any rp with her.

@Iytha so much agree with what you said.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Glomdoring generally does its best to avoid inviting Magnagorans in, with one notable exception (when Viravain invited the Iron Council to "distract" them from their other inquiries re: Manteekan while she was toying with him).

I wouldn't feel "sad" that more Glomdoring folk didn't show up, I'd more be glad that any showed up at all.  None of us had much IC reason to attend. :p

But really, the best thing to do is to just /ignore Marcella.  Now that she's no longer in a position of authority, that's pretty much what the rest of us do; the character seems to mostly be trying to support her disastrous foreign policy choices with "pushing for more of the same" (because that works so well).
  • edited May 2015
    @Celina the stuff I was there for was great to see even with the way certain individuals acted.  I especially liked the plays I got to watch.

Edit: For some reason am now unble to connect to Lusternia's server or website at all. Hopefully whatever is causing it is resolved when I get home.  Was playing from my phone.
  • Shaddus said:

Makaela said:

1. Not long ago, Glom and Mag were in a treaty, but Mag did some things Glom didn't like. Marcella was Warlord at the time and declared war on Glom. It never really actually happened officially, but we're not best of friends right now.

If you think this is why Mag and Glom have enmity between one another and have for all this time, then you really know nothing of history.
  • @arcanis He probably prefers to share the meat of history IC and IG verses on the forums.
  • Makaela said:
    @arcanis He probably prefers to share the meat of history IC and IG verses on the forums.
    I meant supplying that 'reason' as the excuse for the enmity is like saying jewish people hate hitler because he didnt like them.
    How much detail are you really wanting me to supply, Arcanis?
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal

Arcanis said:
    Shaddus said:

Makaela said:

If you think this is why Mag and Glom have enmity between one another and have for all this time, then you really know nothing of history.
    You're probably right. But then again I think any organisation would be upset at another that immediately takes in and provides protection to the person who just up and left them while their leader because they decided to throw a hissy fit.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • @Arcanis the way he worded it made it clear there was more to the story. I honestly was already trying to find a reason to seek him out IG.. once I can find a good RP reason to do so. 

This is nothing the same as your example he gave more information than that, but left a desire to learn more. He did it the right way
  • SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    People were given amnesty before bloodtax, so no one lost hours of their time, unless it takes you hours to recover 50k exp.
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    Silvanus said:
    People were given amnesty before bloodtax, so no one lost hours of their time, unless it takes you hours to recover 50k exp.

That part I did not get! I would have paid that. :(:(
    I mean, we could go back to Zemordia when a young Shaddus spent half his time defending Glomdoring against Celest, and ended up being stabbed in the back by Glomdoring and Krellan.
This discussion has been closed.