Tweets VI: The Tweetsixteenth

Comments

• ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Qistrel said:
    Of the three finks, one got double-teamed by an allisaur, one got eaten by a dragonfly, and the third one just failed and got killed by a baby allisaur.

I give up.
    Then you're really quick to give up. I had to do 8 finks before 1 lived... and that's despite the fact that I only took them to fight baby alisaurs 1:1. Yeah, I know the win chance is pretty random, but it was sad to see the first few die as soon as an alisaur looked at them.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    @Talan - Still sad you decided to go... but hey, I found you a pic.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    I'm glad we opted out of those flares after our first "try." I was the most experienced pilot in Glom when it happened, which is to say I can like...fuse flashpoints, look up ABs frantically, and then ascend out before the ship implodes. 

Which is exactly what happened. 

It was basically @Tarkenton saying he had a whistle, @Crek asking what ships he should transfer to Tarkenton, everyone responding "UHH SHADOW SOMETHING? SOMETHING ABOUT A CROW WING. BIG SCARY SPIDER?! IDK." We managed to get Ilosia, Nyx, and Dirge (the only ones anyone could remember) transferred. Then we bubblixed to Xion but that was sealed and we weren't about to fly there with our hodge podge crew. So we took the Slaugh to Frosticia which had some Mags floating around it and we were promptly blown up because I, as it turns out, have no idea how to actually move a ship. So all the demigods fled the scene and the rest blew up. I felt a little bad for all the Glom minions that followed me onto that ship, I knew they were doomed.

Moral of the story: I prefer my PK on the ground. 
  • edited May 2015

Celina said:
    I'm glad we opted out of those flares after our first "try." I was the most experienced pilot in Glom when it happened, which is to say I can like...fuse flashpoints, look up ABs frantically, and then ascend out before the ship implodes. 

Which is exactly what happened. 

It was basically @Tarkenton saying he had a whistle, @Crek asking what ships he should transfer to Tarkenton, everyone responding "UHH SHADOW SOMETHING? SOMETHING ABOUT A CROW WING. BIG SCARY SPIDER?! IDK." We managed to get Ilosia, Nyx, and Dirge (the only ones anyone could remember) transferred. Then we bubblixed to Xion but that was sealed and we weren't about to fly there with our hodge podge crew. So we took the Slaugh to Frosticia which had some Mags floating around it and we were promptly blown up because I, as it turns out, have no idea how to actually move a ship. So all the demigods fled the scene and the rest blew up. I felt a little bad for all the Glom minions that followed me onto that ship, I knew they were doomed.

Moral of the story: I prefer my PK on the ground.

Edit: Your quotes wouldn't separate from my comment. Naughty.

We'll be more prepared next time now that we have people getting familiar with aetherhunting. :)
    The apple is cold, crisp, and sour as the juices fill your mouth. As you consume the fruit, you glimpse, for a moment, a massive, shadowy figure, Her snow-white hair framing a perfect, icy-eyed visage. Beneath you, a vast, perfect web of silken strands lies - and, for a moment, you realize that you too are part of it, weaver and strand both - and home.
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Next time I'll take the lead then. I'd assumed that Celina knew what she was doing xD
  • Having Order conversations with @Maylea. She is always cool to talk to. Though, I am never sure of what to say as I typically follow more war like deities in other games.
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    edited May 2015
    Tarkenton said:
    Next time I'll take the lead then. I'd assumed that Celina knew what she was doing xD
    Celina rule of thumb: If I can't turn it into a toad, I probably don't know what to do with it.

edit: Even my group astral bashes go horribly awry. I'm such a bad leader.
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    *builds The Goodship Toadship*
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    @Talan I'm sad to see you go but happy to see you having fun. (I'm just more upset I didn't get a chance to know you fully in-game!)
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • Qistrel said:
    Yeah, we need to make ships fly nation flags. :P

I keep thinking Arimisia's ship is a Seren one.
    Wait wait.. which one of my ships are you mistaking for a Seren ship? :o

I have ONE I know that could be mistaken for a Gaudi ship but that is to be expected because it used to be one!
    The soft, hollow voice of Nocht, the Silent resounds within your mind as His words echo through the aether, "Congratulations, Arimisia. Your mastery of vermin cannot be disputed."

• MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    Feyda said:
    Man, to me it sounds like Talan earned her Gaudi stripes during that flare. That's all we've been about for like the last two years. Griefing, trolling, and somehow prevailing against all odds

With a touch of general forum cattiness.
    I wouldn't call it against all odds. They had more people than us in the end, and we were skeleton crew'd up. <<

It would've happened the same way if they had ships whistled at Xion and just piled into Karibidean or Arc of Enlightenment.

• QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    Freespirit or something? Serenwilde used to have lots of ships with spirit in the name. Nature spirits, yo.

• SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Maligorn said:
    Feyda said:
    Man, to me it sounds like Talan earned her Gaudi stripes during that flare. That's all we've been about for like the last two years. Griefing, trolling, and somehow prevailing against all odds

With a touch of general forum cattiness.
    I wouldn't call it against all odds. They had more people than us in the end, and we were skeleton crew'd up. <<

It would've happened the same way if they had ships whistled at Xion and just piled into Karibidean or Arc of Enlightenment.

It was pretty close to even numbers, we had like one person more. Mag would have swooped in had you fought when they finished with Crum though, but you could have grabbed a few more people. You could have easily decided to fly Gambit in rather than just give up. The colossus actually delayed us by a lot, so you would have stood a decent chance, we were all on one or two per ship. Shuyin, Malarious, Talan, Farlaris, Steingrim and me Maligorn, Daraius, Zitto, Ayisdra and Tremula from what I recall

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.

• Qistrel said:
    Freespirit or something? Serenwilde used to have lots of ships with spirit in the name. Nature spirits, yo.
    Freespirit ya, that is the ship that used to be Gaudi heh. Some day I may actually rename it but right now I am just too lazy. Even Mag tries to shoot it down when it launches out into the flares =\
    The soft, hollow voice of Nocht, the Silent resounds within your mind as His words echo through the aether, "Congratulations, Arimisia. Your mastery of vermin cannot be disputed."

To be fair, I targeted you and then didn't shoot. I'm not Han Solo.

Someone had better be collating an events thread to show off Lerad's Ascension!

• SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    Glomscensions are secret rites that requires knowledge of 513820 variations of the Glomscension handshakes before you can have access to them!
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• Siam said:
    Glomscensions are secret rites that requires knowledge of 513820 variations of the Glomscension handshakes before you can have access to them!
    And then the people expected to perform aren't privy to the dates. Coooooooooooooool.
    A far away voice whispers, the sound barely reaching your ears, yet the words remain perfectly clear, "Then so be it."
  • edited May 2015

Siam said:
    And then the people expected to perform aren't privy to the dates. Coooooooooooooool.
    Yeah, sorry :( I wasn't even sure if we could do it at that point until less than 24 hours before it happened...

EDIT: Also, I keep forgetting you're not part of the Court. Might have to remedy that...
    When you design tattoos based on Gorgulu, and you feel ill proofreading the descriptions you wjust wrote....

• Also I'm a bit late on Wyrd vs Taint But Are we just going to ignore that the intro used to say Tainted forest?
    The Inner Sea.
    I take commissions doe.
  • Silea said:
    Also I'm a bit late on Wyrd vs Taint But Are we just going to ignore that the intro used to say Tainted forest?
    I don't want to revive the conversation, but I think most people have trouble differentiating Gloriana and Glomdoring. Gloriana is, and forever would be tainted, and was once a bashing area even. Glomdoring, however, since its conception has been wyrden.

Wait what.

Glomdoring was a tainted bashing area. Called Glomdoring. I hunted spiders there with my viscanti, and regened.

• edited May 2015
    Short version:

Mag released Taint. Taint spread to Gloriana. It became known as Glomdoring. It remained Tainted Glomdoring until Virasune (and became a player commune). Taint was removed and replaced with Wyrd when they poofed it.
This discussion has been closed.