Tweets VI: The Tweetsixteenth

Comments

• MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    Doesn't @Viynain enemy anyone and everyone that opposes Gaudiguch in any capacity to city and Mysrai's order? Genuine question here.

• SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    I enemy anyone and everyone to Yomoigu simply because I want my order effects to hit you.

I've also unenemied everyone who has left our enemy orgs to join allied ones for free

@Kalliste has been enemied several times for jumping into fights on Faethorn and the like to 'defend allies' and then gets outraged when he gets enemied, so not feeling too sorry here.

If you want to jump in fights, you're going to get enemied, and Gaudiguch has no laws governing enemy rules, just personal opinion of the current leadership.

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Magnagora does not enemy for this sort of thing. Ever. And if it did happen, it would likely be overturned by the powers that be.

Still wondering how I jumped the domoth prep. I was there for a good 15 mins before anyone came up lol.

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Kalliste said:

Org enemying over domoths is pretty lame, and yet everyone seems to do it. I lost count of how many times I was enemied to Gaudiguch (illegally, from the perspective of their own laws) for participating in Domoth claims. I only discovered that there was an elder God named Yomoigu when I suddenly found myself enemied to the order because of some silly combat event or another... 

Sorry, I kept fighting that :(
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Lavinya said:
    Magnagora does not enemy for this sort of thing. Ever. And if it did happen, it would likely be overturned by the powers that be. Still wondering how I jumped the domoth prep. I was there for a good 15 mins before anyone came up lol.
    Holy essence drain, Batman.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Nah, super VA powah. Only lose essence in stage 3.

• ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    edited June 2015
    Lol. Domoths are one thing, but Kalliste's been proven very eager to gank people who aren't even involved in conflict events.

In fact, the enemying that finally stuck (done by yours truly) was because you kept butting in while Taevyn was attacking me while I was peacefully disarming traps in astral.

Doesn't seem very illegal to me. Just enemying people who attack innocent bystanders.

Kalliste is an enemy of the Holy Grand Duchy of Gaudiguch.
    Kalliste was enemied on 10th Estar 409.
    Kalliste was enemied by Shuyin.
    The reason for the enemying: 'attacking citizens on the astral plane, neutral territory. I don't 
    think this one is frivolous'

P.P.S.

Tremula Shedrin Kalliste Tridemon Elanorwen Kaimanahi Saoirse Romaan Daebach 

vs.

Shuyin Synkarin Steingrim Celina Llandros Ardmore Lavinya Enadonella Ilthilior

Yeah, watch out for that zergy zerg with no meld, super outnumbered there. It never legit counts when we win.
  • edited June 2015
    Hah, I love that I'm being called a ganker! I'm clearly moving up in the world. You seem to be misremembering. I'm not sure how I "kept butting in" when it all went down over a period of a few seconds, and entirely due to miscommunication on Taevyn's part. Taevyn called out from Celest's astral sphere that you had engaged him (edit: it's apparently a trigger or alias or something he has). (Very peaceful to disarm defensive traps in Celest's astral sphere, but whatever.) Anyhow, I ran up to defend him, and my first attack rebounded off of your serpent. I griped at him once I figured out that you hadn't actually attacked him, but yeah that enemy status finally "stuck". And according to Synky, I'm absolutely outraged about it :p
    I've already washed my hands of the Gaudi enemy debacle, but I know one time Kalliste got enemied when Shuyin/Viynain/Sidd got bored and jumped a Celestifax astral hunt, and another time during an unpeaced revolt.

I'm not saying she didn't deserve it at some point, but come on.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    edited June 2015
    Sorry, missed the memo that Cancer was actually Celest territory. 

I mean, it's been a while since I last checked, but survey doesn't tell me that this was enemy territory! I was just harvesting comms :(

So hey, if you got enemied for conflict events like wildnodes/revolts/flares/etc, let me know about that travesty, but otherwise, it sure looks like you just attacked someone offplane.

Edit: I'll admit the first couple of times were pretty much BS, but all it takes is one legit reason and it stays. This is pretty legit, like it or not. I won't lie though, enemy status doesn't mean much. Just get unenemied for free next time it rolls around back to friendship.
    Dear Shuyin:

Shaddus was enemied to Mysrai and told to speak to Mysrai Themselves to get it removed. It happened when Shaddus wasn't even active. Mind fixing that? Thanks.

/crossarms
  • Huh, it's like people are surprised when I spread out those enemy statuses. It'll happen sooner or later; I just prefer sooner so that our effects don't leave gaps.

I'm not above utilizing everything in my possession to succeed, but it does genuinely surprise me that people who actively participate in organizational combat think they can get away scott free without any statuses in the long run.

Better to just accept it and move on rather than getting hung up about it.
    I'm not the right person to talk to about order enemyings! Try literally anyone else.
  • edited June 2015
    Honestly, getting enemied and going through the unenemying process four or five times ended up being okay, because I felt like I became friends with a few of the Gaudi non-combs. I'm sure a lot of people don't understand why anyone would want to interact with folks who are a part of "the sworn enemy", but one of the reasons I try to separate off-prime combat from on-prime events is because I enjoy getting the opportunity to roleplay and interact with folks outside of my org. I had some really fantastic interactions with Altrea and Subotai, to name just a couple of folks. Found myself invited to a Gaudi party at one point too. Still a bit scarred from that one........

I agree, the last enemying was certainly heaps more legit than any of the others. I still give Taevyn crap about it from time to time, just to mess with him, but I wouldn't say I'm "hung up about it."
    Viynain said:

Huh, it's like people are surprised when I spread out those enemy statuses. It'll happen sooner or later; I just prefer sooner so that our effects don't leave gaps.

I'm not above utilizing everything in my possession to succeed, but it does genuinely surprise me that people who actively participate in organizational combat think they can get away scott free without any statuses in the long run.

Shaddus said:

Dear Viynain:

Shaddus was enemied to Mysrai and told to speak to Mysrai Themselves to get it removed. It happened when Shaddus wasn't even active. Mind fixing that? Thanks.

/crossarms

• In any case, @Elanorwen, you're doing it wrong. You're supposed to wait until the person is standing at your nexus guard stack and THEN enemy them. If they never come to your nexus, host a grand event and specifically invite them to your nexus, then commence with step 1...
    Hey, tweets died.

My tweet: I hate not being able to be online except for a few hours in the early morning, and on Sundays. Yuck. Luckily, gaudiguch is holding it down like whoa.
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Kalliste said:
    In any case, @Elanorwen, you're doing it wrong. You're supposed to wait until the person is standing at your nexus guard stack and THEN enemy them. If they never come to your nexus, host a grand event and specifically invite them to your nexus, then commence with step 1...
    Except I'm not that big a rear end? I dunno. Last time I enemied someone who was standing at the Nexus, I gave said person two warnings to leave before putting in the enemy status.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • Elanorwen said:
    Kalliste said:
    In any case, @Elanorwen, you're doing it wrong. You're supposed to wait until the person is standing at your nexus guard stack and THEN enemy them. If they never come to your nexus, host a grand event and specifically invite them to your nexus, then commence with step 1...
    Except I'm not that big a rear end? I dunno. Last time I enemied someone who was standing at the Nexus, I gave said person two warnings to leave before putting in the enemy status.
    Elanorwen's rear. Hmmm, Seems big enough to me...
    J/K...
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• Shaddus said:
    Huh, it's like people are surprised when I spread out those enemy statuses. It'll happen sooner or later; I just prefer sooner so that our effects don't leave gaps.

Dear Viynain: Shaddus was enemied to Mysrai and told to speak to Mysrai Themselves to get it removed. It happened when Shaddus wasn't even active. Mind fixing that? Thanks. /crossarms
    Silly Subo. Tell me about it and it's easy enough to get handled. It's not like Magnagora and Gaudiguch are currently all unhappy with each other.
    I did, and you told me Mysrai specifically told you to tell Shaddus to come see Them to get it removed.

As much as I see this as a setup for some interesting RP, it ain't gonna happen :/
    edited June 2015
    Viynain said:

If that's the case, I mean, I really hope people don't start crying lolrageenemying if Hallifax starts to follow your example. Ijs.

Fun double standard there.

• CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    edited June 2015
    Maligorn said:
    Viynain said:

If that's the case, I mean, I really hope people don't start crying lolrageenemying if Hallifax starts to follow your example. Ijs.

Fun double standard there.
    It's not a double standard if Viynain is not complaining about it. Tip: He won't. Most of the people you are arguing with here really don't care about enemy statuses. Because they don't matter. Incidentally, they've probably been rage/spite enemied to more things than you have. I know I have a pile of rage brands just because I was a known combatant and ganker. It's cool, literally affects nothing in the game. 

Also a big LOL at "zerg." This is why you get called a fair weather player, @Elanorwen

edit: I thought it was a fun fight. I think Halli/Celest were just not expecting me to jump in with all my Nighty Bondsy goodness, which is why they flinched and lost. Otherwise, they had the advantage with the melder. Turtling is not always the answer!
    edited June 2015
    That's why I said people in general, not Viynain. And yes, I do consider Viynain to be a prominent representative of Gaudiguch, so anyone in Gaudiguch who complains is subject to that umbrella.

EDIT: Also, FYI, enemy statuses might mean nothing mechanically and might not change your day to day Lusty life, but some people really get anxious about it RP-wise. To me, having an enemy branding makes me think any prospecting gankers have a free pass to search and destroy, whereas they might've left the person alone otherwise.

No, sorry, it doesn't really work like that. Being "prominent," does not make you a de facto representative of the opinions, beliefs, or actions of an entire org.

• Celina said:
    Incidentally, they've probably been rage/spite enemied to more things than you have.

This totes never happens...
    [spoiler] I got enemied to Lisaera/Serenwilde for defending Morgfyre's realm... Then enemied the next day to Celest/Tahtetso for attacking one of Taht's members when they refused to leave Magnagora territory. Was pretty lulzy, but I knew the enemy statuses would come eventually anyway [/spoiler]
    edited June 2015
    Celina said:
    No, sorry, it doesn't really work like that. Being "prominent," does not make you a de facto representative of the opinions, beliefs, or actions of an entire org.
    Yeah, actually, it does. See: the dissolving of the Hallifax-Celest alliance a long time ago because Inagin and Nydekion kept raiding despite Celest disavowing them. See Celina's actions when we're trying to form an alliance, stalling the process with her churlishness. Avurekhos freely supporting Mag claims when the rest of the Moonhart Circle (for a time) disliked it. These all have serious implications on politics. Everyone knows that combatants run the show.

EDIT: Not to mention that Viynain is a Mysrai Order head (that actively does RP-significant rituals and stuff), a True Ascendant, holds 3 domoths, is the south's best melder...etc etc etc. Whether Gaudiguch likes it or not, his behaviour sets a precedent that can be reciprocated. All I'm saying is that they'd better not complain, or if they do, they should complain to Viynain. :P

• SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Enemy statuses don't really stop me from doing what I want to do, unless there's things like guards stationed at Glom's river entrance (since when was this a thing?) 

But even then, if I know about said guards, they're pretty easy to bypass

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
    edited June 2015
    Synkarin said:
    Enemy statuses don't really stop me from doing what I want to do, unless there's things like guards stationed at Glom's river entrance (since when was this a thing?) 

But even then, if I know about said guards, they're pretty easy to bypass
    Yeah but you're Synkarin, not a barely-combatant that got an enemy status slapped on them. You're not necessarily vulnerable to ganks.

edited June 2015
    Yeah but they don't.
    Maligorn said:
    Celina said:
    Yeah, actually, it does. See: the dissolving of the Hallifax-Celest alliance a long time ago because Inagin and Nydekion kept raiding despite Celest disavowing them. See Celina's actions when we're trying to form an alliance, stalling the process with her churlishness. Avurekhos freely supporting Mag claims when the rest of the Moonhart Circle (for a time) disliked it. These all have serious implications on politics. Everyone knows that combatants run the show.
    Yeah, still not how it works.

I think you give me too much credit. Celina is always churlish, it's her personality. I wasn't even aware Hallifax was trying to formalize some type of alliance beyond the existing treaty. Do you know why? Because even as a combatant, arguably Glomdoring's most prominent combatant, I don't actually run the show. I just don't like Halli and Celest defending Seren so I make a point to stick my finger in their eye when I can. The Court allows it, begrudgingly at times, because I act within the law. 

See: Sadie, the literal leader of Serenwilde and a combatant raiding the Supernals and Celest not dissolving the alliance over it. There are, as you said, implications, but that's not the same as "running the show." Assigning arbitrary levels of representation based on you perceived prominence of an individual as a combatant is just you being...what's the word....churlish.
This discussion has been closed.