Tweets VI: The Tweetsixteenth

Comments

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    It allows you to glance and squint at night.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    I did log Irillia's death glare. FML.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    compound-eyed royal kephera blood vernal demigoddess hive queen 

Longest race title is MINE
  • QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    Man. I always miss the aetherhunts. Curse my European time zone.

Celina said:

If Mag allowed kephera, undead could be added to that.

-design pending
    22903: belly of bronze
    22904: chest of silver
    22905: arms of silver
    22906: head of gold
    23056: a crumbling pair of stone gargoyle wings
    23057: the Citadel of Stone
    23059: a pair of inky-black nighthawk wings
    23060: a pair of gold-tipped nightingale wings
    23061: Ravila of the Mists

New year in an hour. Get all my slots back again. Wonder how many more I can stack on here?

And yeah, I totally made Nebuchadnezzar's dream into a set of tattoos.

• Qistrel said:

Celina said:

Can get undead from a friendly Cacophonist anyway.

:)>-

• Qistrel said:

Celina said:

There are a lot of ways to circumvent the race rule.

For example, Munsia would always be Kephera but claim she is a changeling and just takes on Kephera for stat purposes. So technically, it wasnt against the rules and was allowed.

There is also, of course, Race hats. Could walk around Mag as a merian and no one would be the wiser.

Lastly, for those strong of heart, they could always be the race itself and accept to be seen as a second-class citizen, which is basically social death in Mag, not to mention you'd have to stand others lording over you for all time.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    What arcanis said. One of the most powerful combatants ever to grace Magnagora is technically a merian with a race hat.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Im getting far too many agrees these days...
  • SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    Muns was actually a Mugwump most of the time for that level 3 eq recovery. The Kephera rumor was to throw you off the scent of the frogginess.

Thoros was an actual merian though.
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
    Merian were such a good race. I picked it over wump for many years. Celest never knew how good they had it. 
  • edited June 2015
    Celina said:
    Merian were such a good race. I picked it over wump for many years. Celest never knew how good they had it. 

I rather hated the outcries of 'Merian bad, buff it' and found it cheesy it received buffs to become something amazing while Viscanti were left in the dust with people claiming "viscanti is good, you guys are just crying". I especially abhored when people compared how 'workable' viscanti was, simply because we had a construct that gave +1 sip, and thus somehow magically balanced out all the maluses of the race..

Edit: Though I suppose those days are behind us now, but the scars are still fresh.
    edited June 2015
    To be fair, I think Viscanti were pretty good for those interested in group PK. (other than irongtongue. Awful bard spec.) Beefy, good resists, high int. Great for survivability. Maybe not ideal, but not terrible. People just like to complain.
  • It's funny how the current event involved the Night Market, a quest I have been attempting at for a few days now. Since it seems to be in the spotlight, I just have a few general questions I'd like to ask (yes I've also inquired of these in-game).

- One of the Merchants asks for coloured Kouseki flowers, which is only obtainable by dropping different colored reagents at a kouseki cactus, however the Gaudiguch allied mob that provides the reagent for Kouseki will only supply the person with red, while the Mesa compound will supply different colored reagents. Sadly, it seems that the Mesa lucidians will only start supplying colored reagents when the statue is built (which as hallifaxians know, takes quite some hunting and several days). Is there at all any way to get colored reagents without having to go through this ordeal?

- Whenever I go to the Market, I find the same Merchant there, does one have to complete the current Merchant's task in order for the others to appear or is it just random?
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    Afaik, there is no way to other-coloured kouseki except through the Mesa researchers.

Also, at least from what I gathered while flirting with the quest myself, you have to help all of the merchants before the Market closes for the day.
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • Always nice to be reminded that combat consists of you standing in a room while a bunch of people hose you down with afflictions.

Remind me why this is supposed to be fun again?
  • Vetala said:
    Always nice to be reminded that combat consists of you standing in a room while a bunch of people hose you down with afflictions.

If it's not fun, don't show up to non-peaced revolts. You know what's also not fun? Wanting to participate in combat but having all of your commands affected by insanity. Woe is me for my choices!

...Also forgetting to offer corpses before going to said revolt. :(
    "Chairwoman," Princess Setisoki states, holding up a hand in a gesture for her to stop and returning the cup. "That would be quite inappropriate. One of the males will serve me."
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Insane revolts are the best! That being said, don't show if you don't want to die. There, now you won't get locked and killed. Stick to prime, don't get enemies in areas, and the random deaths will be few and far between.
  • Kethaera said:
    Vetala said:
    Always nice to be reminded that combat consists of you standing in a room while a bunch of people hose you down with afflictions.

If it's not fun, don't show up to non-peaced revolts. You know what's also not fun? Wanting to participate in combat but having all of your commands affected by insanity. Woe is me for my choices!

...Also forgetting to offer corpses before going to said revolt. :(

Tarkenton said:
    Insane revolts are the best! That being said, don't show if you don't want to die. There, now you won't get locked and killed. Stick to prime, don't get enemies in areas, and the random deaths will be few and far between.

Such wonderful ways to encourage gameplay. Well done.
  • ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    Tbh it's pretty much that or "get gud" when it comes down to it.

I haven't seen a revolt in months.
  • Arcanis said:

Would so love to know what the right way to "encourage gameplay" in this case would be, @Arcanis.
    "Chairwoman," Princess Setisoki states, holding up a hand in a gesture for her to stop and returning the cup. "That would be quite inappropriate. One of the males will serve me."
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Here's the thing. What I'm reading is "I don't like pvp." Fine, that's a personal choice, I respect that. I played on a pve server on wow for years because my wife hated dealing with random rogues. Revolts are conflict events, via regular combat and debating or just debating in a peaceful revolt. They are, by design, pvp. In any game, the typical best strategy is to focus fire on one target at a time (league, wow, Lusternia) to rapidly kill/disable, then move on to the next target. That is group combat, and it's not going to change.

So, yeah. If you don't want to die, or be ganged up on, don't participate in what are going to be pvp scenarios. Alternatively, learn to fight back, how to survive bring hit by multiple people (tumble/run away, honestly, is the only real way to survive that), and get some automated curing.
  • I hate to go off topic, but what should I raise if I want more damage? So far I have Bear (totems), flex, kirigami, aggressive combatstyle..

Is that all there is? I have a few lessons leftover and I feel like my damage sucks for my level. Any kind of advice is always appreciated!

• Kethaera said:
    Arcanis said:

Would so love to know what the right way to "encourage gameplay" in this case would be, Arcanis.

@Kethaera There are several avenues you could have went with, for example.

- Could inquire about their curing system and suggested they use the in-game curing system to help deal with combat

- Give some tips on how to deal with being monkeypiled, one example is: Tumble. Tumble really does save lives. Another example is Fly...so few seem to think to use a geyser or hexagram.

- If they dont want to deal with being pummeled in a revolt, then there is already a mechanic in place to thwart that: Campaign Sanctuary. Pacify at its best

- If they want to still help their group but not be in the thick of it, then there are other avenues to take. Adjacent room attacks (I know for a fact Vetala uses Hexes, so she can push those in), melds, Healing auras (not magnagoran but meh). Heck a demigod could even zap.

A lot of players will feel forced to help their orgs, it is based on loyalty towards them and a general love they have grown for it. Yes not everyone loves combat but sometimes it just cant be helped. The most we could do is attempt to give advice on how they can deal with it in the game.
  • edited June 2015
    Arcanis said:
    Kethaera said:
    Arcanis said:

Would so love to know what the right way to "encourage gameplay" in this case would be, Arcanis.

@Kethaera There are several avenues you could have went with, for example.

- Could inquire about their curing system and suggested they use the in-game curing system to help deal with combat

- Give some tips on how to deal with being monkeypiled, one example is: Tumble. Tumble really does save lives. Another example is Fly...so few seem to think to use a geyser or hexagram.

- If they dont want to deal with being pummeled in a revolt, then there is already a mechanic in place to thwart that: Campaign Sanctuary. Pacify at its best

- If they want to still help their group but not be in the thick of it, then there are other avenues to take. Adjacent room attacks (I know for a fact Vetala uses Hexes, so she can push those in), melds, Healing auras (not magnagoran but meh). Heck a demigod could even zap.

A lot of players will feel forced to help their orgs, it is based on loyalty towards them and a general love they have grown for it. Yes not everyone loves combat but sometimes it just cant be helped. The most we could do is attempt to give advice on how they can deal with it in the game.
    Those are actually some excellent suggestions. I'm not sure why you couldn't have just given them earlier, and spared us the passive-aggressive post. Frankly, I don't know how to give advice to someone whose problem with PK seemed to be the part about group combat, because even doing everything you said, that WILL eventually happen- especially when at the same time, she was asking for a way to opt out of pk completely. If it's frustrating, then it's probably always going to be frustrating. No one should feel forced to help their org do something that isn't fun for them.

If the problem is that she doesn't know what to do or how to help, that's a Magnagoran problem, not an issue with pk itself. 
  • Sedanas said:
    I hate to go off topic, but what should I raise if I want more damage? So far I have Bear (totems), flex, kirigami, aggressive combatstyle..

Is that all there is? I have a few lessons leftover and I feel like my damage sucks for my level. Any kind of advice is always appreciated!
    Tattoos, war karma, truefavour.

For things that costs... curio, damage rune.

Also I'm not sure, but using lightningstyle might raise your damage over time more than aggressive.
  • Kethaera said:
    Woe is me for my choices!

Kethaera said:
    I'm not sure why you couldn't have just given them earlier, and spared us the passive-aggressive post. 

???
  • Vetala said:
    Kethaera said:
    Woe is me for my choices!

Kethaera said:
    I'm not sure why you couldn't have just given them earlier, and spared us the passive-aggressive post. 

???
    As I recall, I did apologize for that. 
This discussion has been closed.