Tweets VI: The Tweetsixteenth

Comments

• You should probably ignore that stuff entirely.
    #NoWireHangersEver

Vive l'apostrophe!
  • Disagreeing with my plan? WAY TO INSPIRE GAMEPLAY, @Arcanis.
    Xenthos said:
    Kethaera said:
    I decided I need to kill some of the beggars in Magnagora. Not all of them, mind you, just a couple that are well away from any guards. And only when no one is around. And if anyone calls me on it, I will brag about my feat for weeks afterwards.

Y'know... for the challenge. Bashing and influencing are getting so dull.
    I love how the guy doing it hit Disagree on your post. ;)
    I know, right? Way to encourage gameplay, @Arcanis.
    "Chairwoman," Princess Setisoki states, holding up a hand in a gesture for her to stop and returning the cup. "That would be quite inappropriate. One of the males will serve me."
  • Gossip is a terrible thing and I wish people would stop telling me why I should hate this person or group. Warn me if I'm about to get stabbed, but don't try to just use me as a tool or mouthpiece.
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    But nobility rp! Don't you watch Game of Thrones? Suckers who don't use you as a tool end up dead. /s
  • Definitely. Y'all don't know nobility RP unless you were a part of y'Kaliath. /pearls.

(inb4 incest joke)
  • edited July 2015
    In retrospect, we can probably acknowledge Somaria as the true and actual Drama Queen. One day she will return and smite all pretenders to her throne. (with a coat hanger)

Edit: Alternately, she will just steal it back.
    #NoWireHangersEver

Vive l'apostrophe!
  • I disagreed with killing beggars. They can't be brainwashed if they are dead :/
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia

Unzareh said:
    I disagreed with killing beggars. They can't be brainwashed if they are dead :/
    It was a tongue-in-cheek reference to Arcanis doing the griefy equivalent and chopping elders. Except our beggars would be back in an hour, elders won't be.

• Lavinya said:

Unzareh said:
    It was a tongue-in-cheek reference to Arcanis doing the griefy equivalent and chopping elders. Except our beggars would be back in an hour, elders won't be.
    Oh. That would be a jerkish thing to pull off.
  • Tarkenton said:
    But nobility rp! Don't you watch Game of Thrones? Suckers who don't use you as a tool end up dead. /s
    You use GOT as an example? Please, Shakespeare is a much better spectrum of backstabbing and betrayal, and he didn't need to kill half as many characters off.

Richard the III is a good book to read in this case, and Titus Andronicus.
  • Unzareh said:
    Lavinya said:

Unzareh said:
    YES. YES IT WOULD. HINT HINT. 
    It would be even more assholish if everyone in Glom just rolled their eyes when it was brought up and went "well, that's Kethaera for you." Instead of doing anything to stop her.
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• Oh well, that's Arcanis for you.

More seriously, whenever I hear this sort of stuff, I remind myself that the forests get 2.5-3k power every day from totems and my sympathy just melts away.
  • *rollseyes*
    @{sarcasm}Thanks @Xaldrin!{/sarcasm}

FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    edited July 2015
    Akyaevin said:

Oh well, that's Arcanis for you.

More seriously, whenever I hear this sort of stuff, I remind myself that the forests get 2.5-3k power every day from totems and my sympathy just melts away.
    No offense, but that's like saying it's not a big deal if Glom kills demons, because Mag can empower them for power.

I realize that's a bad analogy, but there's no real correlation between acceptability of chopping elders and how much power they give.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • I'll just leave this here.

• Akyaevin said:
    Oh well, that's Arcanis for you.

Actually... I think cutting down totems doesn't actually harm power production much, if any. It might even boost it a bit. Yes, totems give power. They also take power to put up. There's a large enough offset so that it's kinda worth it, but since you get power from saplings, mature and elder trees as well... it's not really that much of a difference power-wise. Heck, for me the main point of carving totems is to stop them from being chopped rather than having them give more power; yes, they give more power than elder trees, but it's not that big of an offset.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Arcanis. Arcanis never changes. #ronperlman
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • edited July 2015

Celina said:
    Arcanis said:
    I'll just leave this here.

The irony of trying to use crying memes after flooding the forums over gnomes and finks. The envoys and admin were just getting ready to build an ark.

• SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    edited July 2015

It would be even more assholish if everyone in Glom just rolled their eyes when it was brought up and went "well, that's Kethaera for you." Instead of doing anything to stop her.
    You do realize that's how people have been justifying actions forever?

Oh it's just Inagin, statues aren't important! Even when they are tuned against citizens of Mag, in the city. Oh that's just (insert name of douchebag) raising the Spire to farm curios.

Also, I still have yet to receive a complaint about Arcanis ever. You can complain on the forums, which has been done forever (like pathways? Never got a complaint from that either) or you can try and do something about it.
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • If I must interject, you have had a complaint that I know about IG coming from @Ssaliss. But who are we to slice what is douchebaggery and what is not? I mean, it's not like we've been trying to speak to Magnagoran leaders to control their people.
    The apple is cold, crisp, and sour as the juices fill your mouth. As you consume the fruit, you glimpse, for a moment, a massive, shadowy figure, Her snow-white hair framing a perfect, icy-eyed visage. Beneath you, a vast, perfect web of silken strands lies - and, for a moment, you realize that you too are part of it, weaver and strand both - and home.
  • Silvanus said:
    You do realize that's how people have been justifying actions forever? Oh it's just Inagin, statues aren't important! Even when they are tuned against citizens of Mag, in the city. Oh that's just (insert name of douchebag) raising the Spire to farm curios. Also, I still have yet to receive a complaint about Arcanis ever. You can complain on the forums, which has been done forever (like pathways? Never got a complaint from that either) or you can try and do something about it.

Funny enough, none of them have contacted me either. It seems running to the forums to whine is the plan (eminent failure).
    He also didn't cut down totems for weeks until Glom started invading Nil with Seren. So, mission accomplished, until a trollalt decided to kill Mags because they couldn't do it on their Mag.

Actions have consequences, Arcanis was leashed. Glom didn't leash their trolls, so why should I continue to hold back Arcanis?

Also not a single person has complained about Mag needing to control their people. It's a game, I'm not about controlling people, do what's fun. Just don't cry a river when people publicly shame you for your actions when you know you are being an ass.
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
    Also, I love that your idea of trying to speak to someone in charge is the one time something was mentioned to me over a month ago.

No messages. No letters. No tells.

Hahaha, do or do not, there is no try. And no one has done anything.
  • I feel like in-character woes are being handled rather harshly out of character. Sure, some people are assholes, but what fun is, dare I say, a game like Lusternia without them? If they're impeding upon you personally, then talk to them about it, or ISSUE, or snub, there are other options outside of talking smack about in character stuff OOC and then using your OOC rage to fuel your character :(

Just my two cents from watching the forums this past month.

• LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Tylwyth said:
    Unzareh said:
    Lavinya said:

Unzareh said:

I completely agree OOC that chopping elders is just irritating and so forth. HOWEVER - why the Nil should Magnagorans care about some stupid forest's trees? We really don't care. Preserving forests to us is just standing in the way of progress and industry and makes little sense. So even if the complaint is brought to us to deal with the chopper - why should we care? (In character).

If we were actively officially working on peace or whatever, it would be a different story - he would get into trouble for interfering with diplomacy probably.

Perspective. I swear I'm always on about it. And separation. Me the player thinks it's lame, me the character will just roll her eyes and think it idiotic but really not care in the scheme of things, because trees just drop leaves and stuff anyway, eww.

• edited July 2015
    Sedanas said:
    I feel like in-character woes are being handled rather harshly out of character. Sure, some people are assholes, but what fun is, dare I say, a game like Lusternia without them? If they're impeding upon you personally, then talk to them about it, or ISSUE, or snub, there are other options outside of talking smack about in character stuff OOC and then using your OOC rage to fuel your character :(

That argument might hold more weight if it was clear that certain individuals were basing this action solely on in-character woes, rather than starting their in-character annoyances up again -immediately following- forum disagreements.  8-|
    "Chairwoman," Princess Setisoki states, holding up a hand in a gesture for her to stop and returning the cup. "That would be quite inappropriate. One of the males will serve me."
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Kethaera said:
    Sedanas said:
    I feel like in-character woes are being handled rather harshly out of character. Sure, some people are assholes, but what fun is, dare I say, a game like Lusternia without them? If they're impeding upon you personally, then talk to them about it, or ISSUE, or snub, there are other options outside of talking smack about in character stuff OOC and then using your OOC rage to fuel your character :(

That argument might hold more weight if it was clear that certain individuals were basing this action solely on in-character woes, rather than starting their in-character annoyances up again -immediately following- forum disagreements.  8-|
    Not to mention specifically posting that they are going to start up their in-character actions due to the forum disagreements.  It's not even a case of sketchy coincidences, it was explicitly stated.
This discussion has been closed.