Brave Frontier Thread

Comments

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Tora is amazing for status effects, which is literally the only way to finish a few, select battles. She's really not bad at all. Diana is a good lead to boost your gauge. I used her as a lead for a long while. The rest are meh, I think Farlon is getting a 7* soon.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    I thought Luther is as well, making him a competitor against Maxwell and that crew.
    Ooh, durr, thinking of Loch.
  • I saved up too : Trigon, Aurelia, Zelnite, Logan and Rowgen.

I'll take that!
    I was really hoping I'd pull a trigon. Sadly, a breaker edea, anima sodis, anima rinon, and a breaker zephyr. Meh.
  • Woohoo! I got my Hydraloid for my Tridon!
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    Jerk
  • edited July 2015
    Is there a benefit to using random rules in Arena or something?

What level do I need to be/how good units do I need to do the Machine of Destruction and Abyssal Fury dungeons?  I'd like to get the gems for completing the 3rd level of them but I see no point to wasting all the energy (especially with the exp/karma vortex dungeon open today) unless I have a chance of completing the lvl 3...

I don't have Quaid. or Orna, Zergel, Kira, Kuda, Ophelia, or Elimo. =(

However, Claire, Ruby, Ruby, Dion, and Elza can all 100 to 0 the ENTIRE enemy team, all by themselves, about 95% of the time.  With Elza's leadership usually 3-4 of them have a BB ready by the start of round 2.  Usually at least ONE of them goes off and wins the round immediately.  If they don't, then by round 3 all 5 have BB's and 1-2 will go off and win for sure (unless THEY 100 to zero me in round 2, which is very very rare).

Right now I'm a Champion, 248 Wins, 25 Losses, and I fight the rank higher than me every time I can.  It seems to work great.

And that's why I hesitate to swap in Diana, because she doesn't really offer that 100 to 0 ability in Round 2, though she MIGHT guarantee the other 4 getting BB's by the start of Round 2.  I guess I could try it but Arena AI being the way it is, having EVERYONE on my team capable of massive AOE damage has worked out great, and I'm worried reducing my opportunities by 20% might be more important that the slight increase in active BB's come round 2.  Basically I'd have to run a series of careful tests and see how it goes, but considering I'm leveling the whole time, increasing cost, increasing items etc the whole way, and fight different opponents every time, it would be really hard to give it a fair comparison.

Anyways.  I'm totally open to being convinced that Diana is better, I just need some of you to be like super confident about it in order to be convinced...

Edit: Just read "@Synkarin's "For the arena, I switch her out with Orna because no one got time for a BB that doesn't attack."
    Exactly what I was trying to say!

Hmm I'm seeing a LOT of people around my level with 4-man squads...should I drop my 5th and evolve another to go 4-man? Right now I have Claire/Elza 6*s, and Dion/Ruby/Rinon 5*s for quests, with Rinon swapped out for another Ruby for Arena.  Some quests are pretty easy even without a healer, and so I drop Rinon for Rize, who just MELTS bosses with my others there bossing Crit/Atk/BB fill rate.  We don't even need mitigation because we can burst through most bosses by our second turn. Sometimes one-shot Death God Lodaga, for instance (all depends on the friend I pick for the run).
  • I got another Hydraloid and sold him just to spite Celina.
  • By the way Tark, I'm gaining on you =P

Level 92 and climbing!!
    edited July 2015
    I work during the day, and am bad about starting and autoing stuff xD

But I did evolve my ultor to 6* and raised him to 100. Woo!
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    I think random rules gives you more points when you win, which means gaining ranks faster.

I'm at  759/71 record and 'Master' rank, sitting at 153621 pts

The guy right below me has a 1018/43 record and is 10k points lower than me. Someone with 300 more wins and 30 less losses should ideally be a lot higher than me.

I gain between 250-350 points each win. I know some of it is the difference between you and your opponent (higher opponents net more points), but  some of it is the random rules I believe

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • @Tarkenton

I noticed! I just got on and saw instead of Diana, your lead was Ultor! I was like OH!

@Synkarin aha! Then I'll have to start using those random rules.  I wish there was somewhere it actually TOLD you they gave more points...thanks for the tip!

Anyone have an idea about what level/strength of units are required for those two special dungeons that were made available today?
    Use me as your friend, hydra should be cake. Rowgen SBB op.
  • @Tarkenton Ok thanks! I'll do it for the gems then! yay \o/
  • edited July 2015
    I won, but it was so hard! I used every item... =/  Couldn't get you on my team you never appeared whenever I tried to run the lvl 3 =/ Sadface.

Is the Cyclaw special dungeon easier than Hydraloid was?

In other news, I got a Mifune (Lord) last night.  I've heard a lot about him but am not sure how useful the glass-cannon is/can be.  With Dion I could try to form a crit/burst team with Mifune and 100-0 all the mobs on the screen?  Is it worth it?  Are there just better units all around?  Should I invest a lot of time leveling him and farming the evo units to get him to 6 star?
    Deimos looks op as hell.
    edited July 2015
    He's Ultor and Diana..combined

Edir: Bahaha - had 5 gems from SBS and questing, 1 summon, Breaker Deimos - makes up for my shitty summons a few days ago

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
    Man, you always turn around and make me jealous

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
    Rngesus is my buddy. If it makes you feel better, I've gotten plenty of crap pulls over time. Like that third Sodis the other week.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Ardmore said:
    Woohoo! I got my Hydraloid for my Tridon!
    I literally just got a Tridon for my Hydraloid.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • So glad I don't have to farm those bastards anymore. I spent like three days last time farming Hydraloids and what not. Drop rate is as bad as bulbs and the dungeons are harder than you'd expect.

Random rules can double or triple how many points you get from Arena, and I've lost because of them exactly once. Once you can confidently smash normal arena, random rules isn't too bad.

Anyone else super hyped for Edea's 7*? I've been feeding her fodder so I don't have to blow so many burst frogs when it's released and collecting crystals to max her the day she's out.
  • I just sacrificed the lint between my toes to the Summoning gods and used my only 5 gems on a rare summon and got an Anima Deimos.

FORGET I EVER RANTED ABOUT ANYTHING I LOVE THIS GAME!
    Niiiiiiiiiiiice. He is like, super awesome.
    Man, everyone's getting Anima Deimos and here I am stuck with a breaker Deimos

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • People getting Deimos everywhere!

Of course I am the exception to the rule! I managed to save 30 gems and tried summoning upon reading all of your glorious posts! Of course I got Sodis(O), Tiara(B), Mariudeth (O), Darvan(O), Bran(B), Logan(O).

It's a sad day for me :(
  • Sorry @Synkarin :-(

But that being said, since we all DO have Deimos in one form or another, and since his extra skill can only be unlocked in the Raid2 thing (?) by obtaining the forgebreaker, should we all organize a time where we can maybe raid together and get the forgebreaker?  I have no idea what Raid2 is yet, nor do I know how hard it would be to get that particular item, but I'm over 9,000% sure I won't be capable of this alone...and maybe you guys aren't so OP yet that you wouldn't like help also?  It would be a really fun Lusternia-crew thing to do together to get our forgebreakers as a group!

Anyone have the details on what Raid2 is and when it's available etc.?  Is this something that is happening soon or already happening?
  • Let's hold a raid session right now! Go contact me in game (Lusternia) so we can properly coordinate, since communication via BF is hell!
    I'm down, it'll be open soon, within the next week according to the news.

I did manage to summon a Lord Zenia today, and she seems super awesome too, maybe awesome enough to replace my Quaid as leader (:o)

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.