Lack of Raves V: Stark Ravin' Glad

Comments

• Phoebus said:
    Ayisdra said:
    My typo is just a def line thing, I would think this would be in the same thing as an description.

Is it the numbus? That's the first one I reported when I came back. Nnnnumbus.

Yes that is it. At somepoint, we lost the twirlstaff defline and they put in a new one (that was different than the old one) with that typo.
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    @Maylea, you have confused me slightly. I thought the Charites/Oneiroi/etc were just shell accounts that any god activated whenever they needed to do something relating to that account? Are there specific people who are each?
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • edited August 2015
    Ayisdra said:
    My typo is just a def line thing, I would think this would be in the same thing as an description.

But that is interesting. I would figured fixing typo would just be going to the file, fixing it and that being it, taking all of 20-60seconds per typo.
    Except "going to the file" is not a thing we can do. Coders have access  - Ieptix, Estarra, Roark. Other admin sometimes do too but only if they're very skilled programmers to begin with due to the damage they could do. So pretty much anything that isn't a room, item, quest, or ikon, will be in the code and as a codertypo will patiently wait till more important bugs are dealt with. 
    Portius said:
    @Maylea, you have confused me slightly. I thought the Charites/Oneiroi/etc were just shell accounts that any god activated whenever they needed to do something relating to that account? Are there specific people who are each?
    Yes, not everyone is everything. We have departments.
  • Drocilla said:
    Ayisdra said:

But that is interesting. I would figured fixing typo would just be going to the file, fixing it and that being it, taking all of 20-60seconds per typo.
    Except "going to the file" is not a thing we can do. Coders have access  - Ieptix, Estarra, Roark. Other admin sometimes do too but only if they're very skilled programmers to begin with due to the damage they could do. So pretty much anything that isn't a room, item, quest, or ikon, will be in the code and as a codertypo will patiently wait till more important bugs are dealt with. 
    Portius said:
    Would it be considered 'worth it' to have a mortal coder whose entire raison d'etre is hunting down code typos? I imagine it takes less time for coding admin to verify 'Yep, Codey found the right typo' via some kind of edit approval queue than it does to dig through the code to find and fix it themselves.
  • edited August 2015
    This is something we have/used to have. I don't know how it works, they answer to coders. Typos are really not that big a deal when we have bigger fish to fry guys. Ieptix or someone will get to it eventually, setting these things up sometimes takes more time than it's worth. Personally I think my time was better spent tracking down a bug that had Marani stay alive and be a nuissance when she should have died during the Mag epic, than wrestling with an ikon typo (they're awful).
  • er, what?
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Celina said:
    Raves for the people who suddenly found the f****s they seem to have misplaced during the months of Elder chopping. I found them for you, apparently Tunika d'Murani dropped them when he died. WHO KNEW.

Raves for aggressive diplomacy!

Oh dear. I fear these problems may not be easily solved.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Au contraire. I find that people often don't take problems seriously until they are personally effected.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    @Shaddus, darling, your bad blood is showing.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • Oh gosh.
  • I completed my first quest! 

He rescued the child Joiya from the machinations of Jeitara.

Well played, Sodoku. Well played.
  • Drocilla said:
    But if Drocilla had depart mints and gave them to people as she left....
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Why all y'all joining glooooom? :(
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • edited August 2015
    Daraius said:
    Why all y'all joining glooooom? :(

Only d'murani that are causing the whine fest. Waiting on Lavinya and Unzareh to jump next.

Tremula said:
    Celina said:
    Raves for the people who suddenly found the f****s they seem to have misplaced during the months of Elder chopping. I found them for you, apparently Tunika d'Murani dropped them when he died. WHO KNEW.

Raves for aggressive diplomacy!

Oh dear. I fear these problems may not be easily solved.

I...dont get it...how is killing a mob..in a statue-less inside room...with no guards...very close to a city exit room...payback? Im missing something here. Someone clarify where the badassness is. If it was at least something of importance, then maybe, but im beginning to see Celina is 98% bark, 1 % bite and 1% fleas at this point...
  • Siam said:

I...dont get it...how is killing a mob..in a statue-less inside room...with no guards...very close to a city exit room...payback? Im missing something here. Someone clarify where the badassness is. If it was at least something of importance, then maybe, but im beginning to see Celina is 98% bark, 1 % bite and 1% fleas at this point...

I'd like to see a 1v1 between @Celina and you soon then.

You know I keep hearing of these threats of her 'coming to kill chou' yet I have more deaths to myself than her, as well I am, as even the children of celest can attest, quite active and running around when it seems she either stands at the ravenwood or manse. Should I be standing somewhere with an appointment waiting for her to come and attack me?

btw, if you think 'badassness' comes down to if you can kill a player or not, then you're in for quite the rough surprise soon :*
  • Sadness.jpg
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    As multi-faceted as interpretations can be, @Celina's brand of "bad-assness" is literal, hits-your-face-with-a-truck-bad-assness. Among the Glomazons right now, she is Ronda Rousey. With a violin. And she sings while playing the violin. And does acrobatics while playing the violin and singing at the same time. Whether you have more deaths to yourself or to Celina is not the point really. It's whether you can face-off on even ground with her or not. I do not think anyone can call someone else 98% bark when that someone can hand your e-corpse over to you easily.
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    edited August 2015
    So many new avenues for the arpees. Glorious, glorious arpee.

Please come back @Viravain. We miss the Viramother!

also:

2015/08/06 11:53:13 - Siam inguilded Ellowyn as a novice.
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    Arcanis said:
    Siam said:

I'd like to see a 1v1 between @Celina and you soon then.

You know I keep hearing of these threats of her 'coming to kill chou' yet I have more deaths to myself than her, as well I am, as even the children of celest can attest, quite active and running around when it seems she either stands at the ravenwood or manse. Should I be standing somewhere with an appointment waiting for her to come and attack me?

btw, if you think 'badassness' comes down to if you can kill a player or not, then you're in for quite the rough surprise soon :*
    Sure! If you'd like to make an appointment I'm fairly flexible. 

Logs. Raves for logs! So many raves.

(Arcanis POV)
  • Lavinya said:
    Can I just say, I find the idea of Silvanus and Celina in the same guild highly amusing. Can you imagine the first time they piss each other off? The fireworks will be real. And glorious.
    We just need @Lothringen to leave mag also and join SD and we can have a variety of different types of fireworks going off in that guild

06/30/2014 19:37 Silvanus channels the power of the Megalith of Doom for you, stripping you of your Vernal Ascendant status.......bastard!!

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    He already left Magnagora...
This discussion has been closed.