What items/abilities/cool things do you want?

Comments

• ^ Look at Gaudiguch.
  • ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    edited November 2013
    I agree, but realistically speaking, you can only add as many checks and balances as you want, but collusion will always trump it, no matter what. Unfortunately.

Should multiclassing not happen because people can collude to deny you multiclassing? I don't think so.

Edit: Worse comes to worse, there is always the possibility of issuing to see if you got stripped unfairly. I would even support a very obvious reason message if you do get skill stripped. Like 'You have been stripped of your Pyromancer skills for: being a huge dick', then the admin can review the reason and see if it was warranted or not.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    edited November 2013
    I agree that it should be within the same nation only. 

I also agree that this would be best as a non-artifact mechanic, with artifact upgrades possible for credits, as usual. Adding a level of fluidity, even with some short hoops, will allow people to congregate more in guilds they will RP in, instead of just whatever guild's skills happen to suit their play style. I cannot stress more that we would have a buttload more Hartstone members if people could be members and have non-druid(or wildewood, hah) skills and still take part in some fashion.

EDIT: Directly addressed to the thread: If the cool mechanics/items/abilities are artifacts, I'm not really interested. I would be likely to pour more credits into the game if they aren't necessary to participate with new mechanics.
  • Multi-classing by itself will generate a huge amount of credit purchases, except for those who are already hoarding thousands of credits and doing nothing on them, because it takes around a thousand credits to tri-trans.

However, I see no reason to not make it cost an additional artifact in the first place. There's no reason multi-classing should be naturally given to every one, because it is not a huge strategical or combat advantage.

Multi-classing affords only a combat, strategical advantage to people who are already top-tier, and so experienced that they can easily switch between classes and make use of the advantage of the switch. And those people are already juggernauts in combat by their own right, so multi-classing doesn't change much. For the lay combatant, it takes anywhere from days to weeks to learn the strategical depth of their class, and then months of sparring, testing, training and practice to become proficient or good. Anyone can pick up a new class and fight with it, but not everyone can do so effectively at all.

• Lerad said:
    Multi-classing by itself will generate a huge amount of credit purchases, except for those who are already hoarding thousands of credits and doing nothing on them, because it takes around a thousand credits to tri-trans.

However, I see no reason to not make it cost an additional artifact in the first place. There's no reason multi-classing should be naturally given to every one, because it is not a huge strategical or combat advantage.

Multi-classing affords only a combat, strategical advantage to people who are already top-tier, and so experienced that they can easily switch between classes and make use of the advantage of the switch. And those people are already juggernauts in combat by their own right, so multi-classing doesn't change much. For the lay combatant, it takes anywhere from days to weeks to learn the strategical depth of their class, and then months of sparring, testing, training and practice to become proficient or good. Anyone can pick up a new class and fight with it, but not everyone can do so effectively at all.

I don't agree at all. If there are no Aquamancers about during a Revolt/Domoth/Wildnodes and Kelly can just skillchoice select aquamancy? Then that is a huge combat advantage period. Regardless of if it's actually Kelly or not.

"But paradise is locked and bolted...

We must make a journey around the world

to see if a back door has perhaps been left open."

-Heinrich Von Kleist, "On the Puppet Theater"

I wouldn't say that multiclass only offers an advantage to top tie fighters.

Enyalida has already personally vouched for multiclassing having RP benefits and it's already been mentioned that the average person can make use of it as well.

When it comes to group combat, you don't even have to be good, you just have to be okay. Multiclassing easily allows for that.

And yeah, if all you gotta do is break/pfifth/grapple/set traps/etc, then there is a multiclass niche there as well.
  • I feel like it should be necessary to gain permission from your own guild as well.

guilds should be allowed to say "no, we don't want another class in our guild"
    A whisper from the trees and a frosty presence tells you, secretly, "But you are strong, little 
    flower, and wise." The voice shifts and expands, becoming more real. "And everything you just said 
    in the ritual made me feel safer. You should, too."
  • TurnusTurnus The Big Bad Wolf
    I'm sure if buying Ascendent (or something mechanically equivalent to ascendent) was an option, people would buy it for access to domoth powers and reduced domoth claiming times.

~--------------**--------------~

The original picture of Turnus is still viewable here, again by Feyrll.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    edited November 2013
    Daedalion said:
    Lerad said:
    Multi-classing by itself will generate a huge amount of credit purchases, except for those who are already hoarding thousands of credits and doing nothing on them, because it takes around a thousand credits to tri-trans.

I don't agree at all. If there are no Aquamancers about during a Revolt/Domoth/Wildnodes and Kelly can just skillchoice select aquamancy? Then that is a huge combat advantage period. Regardless of if it's actually Kelly or not.
    /divert: Having a class that people take just because no one else takes them is bluh..
  • I would definitely pay money to become an aquastineantortso (not paladin they suck)
  • I want to be a tree with fae.

• This wouldn't allow you to mix-and-match skills across guilds.
  • Heh. I'll just hold Nihilism, Geomancy and hexes and be done with it.
  • Wicca/Transmology/Hunting for me. Ents hooo!
  • If the guild changes their mind then you just wouldn't be able to activate those skills right? I don't see that as a problem.

It's no worse than getting kicked out your own guild for being a dick. Might even be an incentive for people to be nicer to each other. And if you resolve the issues you can always get the permission to have them re-instated.

If you can get kicked out your city and guild at great personal harm to you without admin intervention then I don't see why they should be involved in something like this.

If you are worried about it, have your org set up some kind of policy or inter guild committee.

I think relatively minor artifacts to get a swap slot is fine. It's not like people are having to re-learn all their skills, just the 2 or three from the new guild.

But getting the permission from your guild and the guild you want the skills from is a good idea.

Man wtf no swapping skills like that. Entire classes only!
  • Yeah, gotta be entire classes. Swapping skills around would be way too powerful. Do you really want to see warriors or monks with passive anything?
  • So when you switch out your old guild skills would go dormant, namely your two main guild skills any terts or trades that are not compatible as well as high/low magic if it is not allowed.

Then the appropriate new guild specific skills would unlock.

So you are looking at having to level up somewhere between 2 and 5 new skills.

• KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Psymet Warriors.

What could go wrong?

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• Celestialism wiccan!

Also, to note: We know these claims are ridiculous. We're all responding to Eodh's comment, heh.
  • A minifavour artifact. Tap into your demidivinity and favour a friend the way the Elders do. Sort of.

Spend your own personal essence to give somebody (not yourself) an unstackable +1 to some stat for an hour. And maybe you can only support one at a time? Or whatever numbers would work.

Mayor Steingrim, the Grand Schema says to you, "Well, as I recall you kinda leave a mark whereever you go."
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    ... speaking of that, how much would people pay for an arty that gave the wearer a TF? If you can get one from gods you might not buy it, and people still like to stack TFs so there would be incentive to get more.
  • Yep. Definitely would pay for that.
  • Getting off this fun multiclass tangent, another shot at Book of the Dead, Birdcage, and a couple of the other auction artifacts would be nice.
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    Hrm. What does the birdcage do?
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Makes the damageshift do more damage iirc.
  • If it's this one...

** Summary for Auction #13 *********************************************
    Title:                                     (Days until closing: 145)
         Gilded Cage
    Prize:
         a gilded cage
    Current bid:
         5 credits.
    Description:
         Gives you access to damageshift if you do not have it. If
         you do have it, increases the duration by 100% and increases the
         damage caused from damageshift by 10%.
  • I'd pay for a TF.
  • edited February 2014

• Iasmos said:
    I'd buy a permanent TF or three. (It'd also be cool if you could just get auto-TF'd by offering to a properly-aligned Divine or somesuch thing.)
    Oh god yes.