What items/abilities/cool things do you want?

Comments

• More demigod powers weight so I can actually buy powers/seal powers without wrecking critical warrior stats.
  • Shuyin said:
    So you want more tattoo space in essence. Why not just ask for more tattoo space.
    I didn't see it quite that way. Right now it is kinda class dependent on how many damage buffs you can take advantage off. A lot of classes seem to have 2ish damage types but then you have the guilds where their second attack is split into two damage types and on top of that you have whips.

My personal preference would be to have one damage tattoo and remove types (or reduce to two types phys/non).

But this is interesting and feeds nicely into skillflexing. Hell, if other tattoos types were made then people might even consider an elemental tattoo (if you could turn it to other types of elements on the fly).

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Make the neck/face/fingers/toes/waist/ankles/wrists/arms/legs hold more weight across the board.

Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • AKA Namechange artifact.

I've been mulling this around for awhile and think there's a way to do namechanges which would work.

Permit name changes via artifact.

Previous name is not released and character can be referenced, targeted, and enemied by any previous names.

Previous names are shown when the person is honoured, the Scroll of Laurels would not block this.

Steingrim (Male Demigod).
    AKA: Gandork, Elronhubbard.
    You cannot sense anything about that person.

I hadn't posted it here before, because I really believe this is something that IRE corporate should support in their base code, but since I never got around to suggesting it to them, might as well post it here.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    (Peasantface): Morkarion (from Limbo) says, "They should have made whips 250cr each."
    (Peasantface): Morkarion (from Limbo) says, "They would have sold like crazy."

• ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Xenthos said:
    (Peasantface): Morkarion (from Limbo) says, "They should have made whips 250cr each."
    (Peasantface): Morkarion (from Limbo) says, "They would have sold like crazy."

Yeah, 200 dings/whip is a bit meh. I wouldn't have minded getting a fire one, but... blast works still, so I can at least dish out some sort of fire damage for bashing purposes. Divinus whip it is. If it were credits, I probably would have bought three.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • edited November 2013
    I definitely would have bought credits in order to get poison, magic, fire and divinus... probably most of the others, eventually, too...

THERE IS ONLY ONE OPTION... Full refunds for all and re-sell them as credits!
  • MoiMoi
    edited November 2013
    Nexus Adjudicator 500cr:
    Allows you to use the command ADJUDICATOR <id> ATTUNE <nexus> while in the same room as a nexus of power. Doing so makes a note in the city logs. If the Power Minister in charge of that nexus subsequently uses NEXUS ATTUNE <person> to approve you, you will be able to link power from that nexus, use feats which require power from that nexus, be powerblocked, and otherwise interact with the nexus as if you were a citizen of the organization which controls it. The Power Minister may subsequently use NEXUS UNATTUNE <person> to disconnect you, or you may use ADJUDICATOR <id> UNATTUNE to do the same. A nexus adjudicator may only be linked to one nexus at a time and in order to connect to additional nexii, you will need to buy additional adjudicators.
  • Now that they are credits I may buy more whips down the line. But not yet! *skills*
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    I would like an upgrade to the Scarecrow Hat that has a toggle:
    1) Sets you to maximum "negative" prestige (as if wearing a ton of tawdry clothing), or
    2) Sets you to look like royalty.

You can just remove it to return to your base prestige.

Note that the scarecrow hat only sets you to "tawdry"; it is possible to get further down than that.
  • Xenthos said:
    I would like an upgrade to the Scarecrow Hat that has a toggle:
    1) Sets you to maximum "negative" prestige (as if wearing a ton of tawdry clothing), or
    2) Sets you to look like royalty.

You can just remove it to return to your base prestige.

Note that the scarecrow hat only sets you to "tawdry"; it is possible to get further down than that.
    Scarecrow hats don't set you to anything! Each scarecrow hat simply has a large negative prestige value. You can test this by getting together six or seven scarecrow hats and wearing all of them. Your prestige will be lower than if you just wear one.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    I think that players asking for TF abilities were under the impression that it would be added as a mechanic to the game itself, not as a pseudo-artifact. And anyways, the imbalance described isn't helped by the genie bottles, it's made worse.

A few ideas:

-A means for players to perform marriages
    -Upgrades for the ivory dice (more/less dice rollable, different shapes of die)
    -Artefact that (with some per month limit) spawns a 2 room aethership with only a chair and forcefield (defaulted to on)
    -Item that stops people from Glamouring an image of you.
    -Item to learn extra languages
    -Item to create a private SIGN-esque code language, to share with a clan or some other subset of people (besides everyone with x skill)
    -Automatic feedbags for mounts
    -A super bucket, for dousing fires
    -Item/rune that lets you enchant multiple things onto it/other items.

-
  • MunsiaMunsia The Supreme Goddess
    While I think it'd be nice to have someone not be able to make a glamour image of you, I don't think that's balance considering what it has the possibility of being used for?
    What does it have the possibility of being used for?
    Same thing as Stealth masks? Pretending to be someone you're not to throw others off?
    What? It would specifically be stopping other people using glamours of you, how does that help you do any of that? 
    Enyalida said:
    What? It would specifically be stopping other people using glamours of you, how does that help you do any of that? 
    Right, so you'd be removing this usage of the skill, one of the ONLY usages of the skill from play by buying this artifact. Making it unnecessary. It can be used in combat situations is the point.
    Munsia said:

Enyalida said:

Right, so you'd be removing this usage of the skill, one of the ONLY usages of the skill from play by buying this artifact. Making it unnecessary. It can be used in combat situations is the point.

The chances of using a Glamour of someone in battle is practically nil. Doesn't it drop on movement or aggressive action?
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Marriage
       - MARRY <person> TO <person> At least one of those to be wedded must either be in the Order or in the city/commune with which your Patron is aligned.

This is already a thing, yes, an order priv. It depends entirely on what order rank your divine grants the privelage as to how many people have access to said ability, but I don't think it's extremely high as a general rule. I think I had it by about OR6.

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Aerotan said:

I'm pretty sure players can marry, they just need to have the priv. I think it comes from Orders, but I'm not sure. I remember being married by another player, though.

It's true. Would be nice if there was a secular route though.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
    Maybe a city/communeleader, or the Steward or something?
  • This is probably too flippant, but an item that would let you marry other players together within the confines of your own aethership would be kind of neat.
    Haezon said:
     Think of Hallifax as less communism and more DMV city.
    It could be an addon to the archway artifact!
    Right, the biggest thing glamours does in combat is hide your true identity... not being able to glamour yourself as a small subset of people does absolutely nothing to take away from that, just pick someone else and move on.  the main thing is RP preservation here, the biggest thing people can really do with glamours is defame you to people who aren't paying enough attention to note that you're in two places at once, or that you can't be targeted by things. 

Players who have good access to gods don't really need it [access to non-god-related marriage], but that's not the case for everyone! It really (really REALLY) makes sense for player leadership in organizations besides divine orders to have matrimony abilities, and for laypeople of all ranks to have access via some kind of artifact. 
  • Illusions Glamour does not drop on aggressive action, although, to be fair, if you're falling for a trick like this, you really should take a look at your enemy tracking, heh.

A way to spend essence to permanently increase your demigod points, or perhaps add more levels past 100, which you can only access by spending essence. It seems I remember that Aetolia goes up to level 230 now.
    I'd spend on that. The problem with when they capped Essence was they were like 'HEY LOOK MORE THINGS, SPEND.' Except they made it so that you can't get temporary skills anymore (Means I'm not spending to switch back and forth, that's a waste of my time and I need every skill I have now) and on top of doing that, they didn't actually add many things worth nabbing. They added 1 skill that looked appealing at that point, but nothing else.
  • edited December 2013
    Extra levels above Demigod would be fantastic, would give me something to work towards again. Now I've got every Demipower I want I don't see much point in bashing.

Would also be good to look at reducing the essence cost of deaths in enemy territory, the combat front in Lusternia is so quiet at the moment I'm not as tempted to play or buy credits now I'm back again. 

The PK, even if I'm only middle of the road, is what I'm here for most of the time.
  • 150 million essence to remove the level cap? Yes please.