What items/abilities/cool things do you want?

Comments

• LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    A permanent TF seems to defeat the purpose of having TFs. It's supposed to show your favour with a divine, an RP bonus with combative benefits. I prefer the idea of getting them for offerings over an artifact for stacking TFs. The more the game moves away from its inherent roleplay (like being able to buy a divine's blessed favour for credits without any sort of rp reason or interaction) the more the game will only appeal to people who like to code and fight. And that's sad, Lusternia has the most amazing history and lore of any mud I've ever looked at.

• SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    edited November 2013
    I was hoping truefavors in the state that they exist now would go away with the combat overhaul.

They are terribly important to maxing yourself out and leaves a lot feeling left out due to their impact on combat, especially because at some point or another orgs have had no active divine.

Some better ideas that aren't combat related:

+Experience gain
    +Esteem gain
    +Power generation
    +Essence generation for their offerings
    +Criticals
    +Skills (thats neat for those that aren't transed and isnt combat breaking)

Some other ideas that could be combat related:
    +Celerity
    +Special Impact for each Divine, ideas:
     Fain gives Shroud
     Zvoltz gives electric DMP buff/resistances

2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • Make a truefavoured person generate more culture when doing culture quests, more comms when doing village quests, more essence when offering etc. +10%, stackable.

Give them a 15% damage shield against mob damage only (take the chance of the overhaul to wire all player ent attacks with a flag that excludes them from this damage mitigation or something).

Give non-village influencing buffs, ego damage mitigation against amnesty ego attacks, ambient messages ala curios when truefavoured, access to an once-a-game-month end/will refresh command, +skill level to trade skills only (so that crafted things will last longer etc) etc etc etc.

No to any shroud, celerity, dmp, regen, stat/attribute boosts etc etc etc.

• edited November 2013
    Lerad said:
    Make a truefavoured person generate more culture when doing culture quests, more comms when doing village quests, more essence when offering etc. +10%, stackable.

Give them a 15% damage shield against mob damage only (take the chance of the overhaul to wire all player ent attacks with a flag that excludes them from this damage mitigation or something).

Give non-village influencing buffs, ego damage mitigation against amnesty ego attacks, ambient messages ala curios when truefavoured, access to an once-a-game-month end/will refresh command, +skill level to trade skills only (so that crafted things will last longer etc) etc etc etc.

No to any shroud, celerity, dmp, regen, stat/attribute boosts etc etc etc.
    I'm one of those lucky people who has a near permanent wheel TF and an active God(dess) (<3 @Mysrai) who favours regularly. Which means I'm always walking around with one TF, usually two and currently I have 3 TFs. That's a 15% damage shield, +3 weighted to all stats and a nice skill-boost. If you then throw my skills into the mix I'm a 21 strength Aslaran when fully buffed (Polarity allows me to achieve this), with 22 Dex, 17 Int, 19 Con and 17-18 Cha i.e. I'm a statistical outlier that's a PITA to balance around. I can only do this because of TFs.

Your suggested changes are excellent. The only thing I'd add to your list of things which TFs should grant is increased critical hits - I also think the damage shield against mobs should be increased slightly to counter-act the loss of constitution from losing TFs boosting stats.

Would go a long way towards making balancing easier.

EDIT: Might be worth moving the last couple of posts into the Overhaul thread?
  • some kind of special occasion or item to allow us old people the chance to go back to newton for those pesky honours quest we didn't know about when we were really newbies!
    The soft, hollow voice of Nocht, the Silent resounds within your mind as His words echo through the aether, "Congratulations, Arimisia. Your mastery of vermin cannot be disputed."

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    A way for demigods to spend essence to permanently add power weight so they can buy more powers. Maybe 20 mil = 10 extra weight permanently?

More demigod powers. Customizable enter/exit/teleport messages in the same vein as custom zaps.

A way to change lessons into bound credits. Maybe 10 lessons = 1 bound credit.

A way to buy dingbat items with bound credits instead, or even a way to change bound credits into sticky dingbats.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    edited November 2013
    I seriously doubt that they will add that when there is already an existing artifact that gives +30 weight for 1100 credits - if they did, it would likely cost a HECK of a lot more than 20 million essence.

Also allowing people to buy dingbat items with bound credits would completely drop the bottom out of the dingbat market - they were made as an alternate artifact currency for a reason (and are a lot more plentiful here than Achaeas 'crowns' for example, which sold at a rate of 3 credits for 1 crown last time I checked)
    Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    The bottom of the dingbat market went away when everyone with iron memberships suddenly had more dingbats than they knew what to do with.
  • KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    Actually the real crash of the dingbat market was when the wheel started almost literally spewing dingbats left, right and center (the key cause for the removal of the transplanar torus - the "value" of it was stripped by so many people getting one)
    Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    IMO, the divine manna artifact is horribly overpriced and not worth it. Maybe a repeatable version, 200 credits for ten weight?
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • MunsiaMunsia The Supreme Goddess
    edited November 2013
    Lavinya said:
    All the divine artifacts (save prayer beads) are horribly overpriced for what they give.
    I had this discussion with I think Iosai before on how I feel that way about a few of them, but I own all of them and I kind of disagree. The one that boosts your god realm mobs was quite OP for some people, and back when Eventru's realm was a thing it would have been overly useful. The Karma one is kind of dumb though.

Also I believe the Manna thing may be pointed towards VA more for usefulness. No?
  • To put this into perspective, the font here costs a ridiculous amount. You can get the equivalent artifact in Aetolia for 50 credits.
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    The Karma one came in an arty package I treated myself to for my Birthday.

You might think it looks dumb, but when you run bashing with Celerity/Heal it's suddenly paying off very nicely.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Caerlyr said:
    To put this into perspective, the font here costs a ridiculous amount. You can get the equivalent artifact in Aetolia for 50 credits.
    Especially when many high level players are usually about two steps from a shrine at all times, perhaps a small handful more to reach the shrine of a specific god, via org (and other) bixes.
  • Caerlyr said:
    To put this into perspective, the font here costs a ridiculous amount. You can get the equivalent artifact in Aetolia for 50 credits.
    Oh god I love my font, so worth 400 credits.
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    Please give us bard-melds. :) AND PLEASE KEEP DEATHSONGS, because I love them. And their theme.
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• Release auction items from the latest waves. I know a couple would sell like hotcakes, such as..

Tear of Shallah
    Boots of Shanth
    The boots of Shanth are Winged Sandals ++ It'd be like releasing the L4 Crit Rune.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Pretty sure the tear is intended as an auction only thing (like the rez amulet).

Clearly the answer is more auctions. Sell off L4 crits, boots, tears, censers, books of the dead, gilded cages and much much more!
    I have to admit there are a lot of auction items I'd love to get my hands on, but I wouldn't want to obtain them outside the auction system.

• edited November 2013
    May auctions 2.0 would be a good idea over new ones IMO. Some were saving for that "big" arti in rounds 3/4 but it never came, so they didn't blow their credit wad and were left disappointed.

One big auction >> 4 weekly, different item ones.
  • I'm quite fond of my clarity rune.
  • I'd just be content if the public API was fixed and GMCP got some neat new stuff.
    edited November 2013
    I'd also probably buy an artifact tattoo for offensive DMP that let me retune it for different damage types (you'd sync it to a 100-weight offensive DMP tattoo on your body, and by tweaking the settings on the artifact you retune the weighting of the offensive DMP for the tattoo it is linked to).

TUNE ARTYTATTOO FOR CUTTING would set it to 100 weight of cutting, as an example.

- This would thus not add dmp to the game (still can't stack the weight of tattoos), but would make it easier to manage from the player end.  It would also allow for less cramming-on-of-offensive-DMP and returning to a bit more diversity.
  • Only for a decent amount of balance/eq, don't want people switching up in the middle of fights without a penalty!
  • ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    So you want more tattoo space in essence. Why not just ask for more tattoo space.
    Where else are you going to fit tattoos?

Unless you suddenly can gain double weight, or have all tattoos be half the weight for the current effects, which is going to really skew things out of proportion.

I like the idea of a single shiftable damage tattoo, it works with the availability of whips and restriction of certain damage types for certain people.

Shuyin said:
    So you want more tattoo space in essence. Why not just ask for more tattoo space.
    Because this doesn't necessarily give more space, it just condenses down something that you could conceivably use all of your weight on into one body part.  If you're someone who only has 1 damage type offensively, this won't give you anything more.  Simply adding more space would affect that as well, whereas mine is a bit more limited in scope.
  • Morkarion said:
    Something that I can imbue with my own personal essence to either transfer to another player (does not convert to pre demigod exp) or offer, like a figurine.
    I would also like this, I bash so much and my essence is worth nothing. WHY DO INFLUENCERS GET ALL THE BENEFITS? (Yeah, I just said that.)