What items/abilities/cool things do you want?

Comments

• KaimanahiKaimanahi The One True Queen
    Starlink/cone artifact

Curio to let me god-zap Shuyin :)
  • Cone artefact would be lovely.
  • I'd buy a cone artifact.
  • SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    Ssaliss said:
    Estarra said:
    I'm not sure I understand about purchasing enchantments in bulk.
    Step one: Artisan makes a plinth.
    Step two: Enchanter works their magic on the plinth, charging it with an enchantment.
    Step three: A shopkeeper puts it for sale in a shop like they do a keg.
    Step four: People would be able to ENCHANT <item> WITH <enchantment> directly from a shop.

With the above, people wouldn't have to try to find the rather scarce enchanters or try to find a ring (that they might not even want) with the enchantment in a shop. Also, shopkeepers wouldn't have to devote their entire stockroom to enchantments.
    Thats really just an awesome new transcendent skill, because in my opinion, I would prefer to move away from a trade skill's trans skill having an impact on combat and rather have something like this for a trans skill.

It would hopefully cause a lot less tailors there just for splendours.
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • Oh, and I forgot another perk with it: Instead of having ten or twenty (or whatever number) rings with an enchantment, there'd only be a single plinth with a number of charges. Yay fewer items?
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Still love this idea, but NOT as an artifact, which seems like what Estarra is really asking for. Like Ssaliss says, it's essentially a keg for enchantments, so it should be an Artisan skill.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
    I'd like custom poses. Preferably just as a thing anyone can do (because why not? we can already emote and say whatever we want, and change our titles), but if it has to be something we spend credits on... so be it.
    I used to make cakes.

• Domoth artifact: Reduces time by 33%
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Daraius said:
    I'd like custom poses. Preferably just as a thing anyone can do (because why not? we can already emote and say whatever we want, and change our titles), but if it has to be something we spend credits on... so be it.
    Aetolia has this, and it's an AMAZING rp tool. 
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Definitely joining the chorus in allowing at least a partial multi-class system. Not flexing, but outright jumping from one class to another, while remaining in a guild. Not entirely sure how we'd work this with the RP, but I'd have an absolute blast with being able to do that.

Otherwise, nothing comes to mind immediately.
  • NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer

Estarra said:
    Well, here's what I'm thinking then. An expensive artifact that allows true multiclass once per game month. However, the multi-class would be guild based, i.e., a Celestine may assume the mantel of a Paladin and be able to skillflex to any skill available to paladin after temporarily forgetting celestine skills.

However, the prerequisite is that you need to get permission from one of the paladin guild leaders to be able to assume the paladin mantel, and such privilege could be revoked at any time (though you can get permissions from however many guilds as would have you). Thus, an Illuminati wouldn't be able to skillflex Paladin skills without their permission.

Of course, the guild of the person assuming mantels may or may not look fondly upon certain powers being used by that person (like a Celestine using necromancy), but that'd be between them.
    One big limiting factor is power. You can't use Trueheal for example without being a member of Celest, and so in most cases, the multi-classing would be in-city, not cross-city.
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    edited November 2013
    We can't we do that outside of the artifact system, allowing trusted members in the same organization to hold the skills of another guild within that same nation?

Adding in new mechanics or fixing problems via artifacts is... problematic.

EDIT: In the 'skill changing' topic, can skillflexing lesson costs please be removed across the board? Move the lesson cost to this archetype swapping, if you want, but having people pay additional lessons/credits/cash for skillsets they've already forked over giant forkfuls of lessons/credits/cash is just frustrating for no reason. "Here are all the cool things you've paid for access to. Please pay $5 to gain access to them when you want to use them."
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    edited November 2013
    I'll second to the motion for upgraded emotes, that highlight things in quotation marks in the correct SAY color, and allow for a preface before your name. I feel like the majority of players ignore the ability to make custom emotes most of the time because it's so limited.

Can we add in functionality for generic non-functional object crafting to one (or more) trades? That is, the ability to make glasses (the vision kind), thimbles, spatulas, paperweights (that aren't jewelry based), or carvings/sculptures of varied description?

Freeform statues.

How about picture frames and easels? The frames could add something appropriate to the QL and LOOK description, and/or allow for paintings to be swapped out more easily. The easels would allow paintings to be displayed in non-indoor locations without having to leave them dropped on the floor.

More utility skills across the board that have nothing to do with combat. Especially those that create items or have some kind of cooperative/roleplay element to them. A lot of skillsets imply that the user has a lot of peripheral power that doesn't show up, partially due to skillset design, partially due to the big limits on emoting. Examples of DW stuff in this vein here.

I'd spend on player housing not related to the aetherplex. Aetherhousing always seemed bland and uninteresting to me: I can have my very own speschul snowflake bubble of reality... but to play in it, I basically need to drag another player out of the rest of the game into my space. Furthermore: you can visit a giant hollowed-out-diamond-in-the-shape-of-a-unicorn one day, and the next be trekking through the infinite hallways of a clown's head. Cheapens the experience! It never made sense that people in (for example) Serenwilde couldn't purchase and occupy one of the presumably many tenements described in the LOOK descriptions of the area. Adding in accessible and easily visit-able housing to public areas would increase demand for artisanry as well as bolster RP!

EDIT:

How about org languages, and some method for players to learn additional languages without being a bookbinder?
  • Estarra said:
    This is just a general question I'm throwing out there. Rather than asking about artifacts or curios or anything specific, I'm wondering what abilities or effects you'd like to see. New attacks with different damage types? New utility effects? RP effects (if so what)?
    Hrm. I'd really love for various guilds to have more pure damage choices to pick from, like how Researchers have Magic, Divinus and Excorable, and Mages have staff tuning. It'd also be really neat for Researchers to have flight, or at least something to shoot down crystals with. Hallifax also totally needs an orbital laser and...
    Estarra said:
    Ok, let me be more blunt. What would you purchase credits on?
    Oh...
    Talcum powder that shows which items in a room that can be probed? Because no, probing every single word in the room longdesc does not always give you the name of the object, and playing "guess the dictionary of the area designer" is not a yielding excersize.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • Seconding the racial languages idea, I would buy that.
  • Enyalida said:
    We can't we do that outside of the artifact system, allowing trusted members in the same organization to hold the skills of another guild within that same nation?

Adding in new mechanics or fixing problems via artifacts is... problematic.

Sharing this oppinion, though if it is considered to be an artifact thing or nothing I'd go for the artifact. 

I'd like for there to be a pair of golden lips, probably at a higher cost and -not- stacking with normal golden lips, that only counts down when you are online just like karma blessings. You know; for those of us who only play like an hour a day and have busy weekends, or who can't stand bashing for longer periods. Put it at one and a half times or double the price of golden lips. 
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
  • Estarra said:
    Well, here's what I'm thinking then. An expensive artifact that allows true multiclass once per game month. However, the multi-class would be guild based, i.e., a Celestine may assume the mantel of a Paladin and be able to skillflex to any skill available to paladin after temporarily forgetting celestine skills.

However, the prerequisite is that you need to get permission from one of the paladin guild leaders to be able to assume the paladin mantel, and such privilege could be revoked at any time (though you can get permissions from however many guilds as would have you). Thus, an Illuminati wouldn't be able to skillflex Paladin skills without their permission.

Of course, the guild of the person assuming mantels may or may not look fondly upon certain powers being used by that person (like a Celestine using necromancy), but that'd be between them.
    I like the idea a lot but I do have a couple of suggestions:

The credit buying incentive for multi-class is even higher than a single purchase item like a mantle - you're likely to get more credits from people purchasing other artefacts and lessons to complement their multi-class than you are for the individual artifact. For example, if I took up a second class I'd probably end up as some sort of caster which means I'd be looking at buying a shielding rune and gripping rune immediately (as a knight I currently don't need them). Probably also a magic damage rune and definitely 900 credits worth of lessons (probably 1200 since I'd need trans tailoring too).

I suggest you sell mantles for individual guilds at a reduced cost - 300-400 credits a piece rather than as a 1500-2000 credit artifact, also, sell them individually so you can buy a Mantle of the Illuminatus or a Mantle of the Ninjakari. Have them work using the skillflex mechanic so you TOUCH MANTLE to activate it and this makes you temporarily forget your current skills, only allows you to choose skills from the class of the mantle you just activated and increases your ability to skillflex from 1 skill per IG hour to 3 skills. This makes it affordable for those who don't have a huge number of credits to spend on multi-classing, but also means that to use it without it having a huge cost (150 lessons or 25 credits each time they switch) they're going to need to own cords and they're going to have to spend on lessons and very probably extra artifacts if they want to be combat effective.

I like the idea of being able to skillflex to a class outside of Gaudiguch (with the permission of the GM of that class of course). Mostly because I'd love to have access to the Stealth skillset for exploring.

• A multiclass artifact sounds excellent for expanding the purchasing horizons for people who have everything. Guilds could require tithes, services or roleplay to maintain access. Could have one per archetype or have it upgradable.

Other ideas
    - an upgrade to increase aethership look distance further
    - a bomb/pulse to kill aetherbeasts within chasing distance, activatable once/hour, doesn't grant xp or dust, doesn't work on dragons or tendrils (used for solo pilots when beasts build up or as a panic button)
    - an item to give a gnomish grid reference in aetherspace

• ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    edited November 2013
    I would rather not allow cross-org skills to mix for the balance/RP of the game, I know it's a bit rich talking about RP in the same breath as multiclass, but even I would feel a little bit disgusted seeing a Celestian with Magnagoran skills. Also it would be a pain to balance skillwise. So please, just keep it to same-city only.

If you're gonna hop orgs, you should never be able to carry your skills (not common stuff like knighthood, of course!) with you.

Otherwise, I'm pretty down with the mantle idea. I can get permission one way or another and you can even add more restrictions to it. If the guild disapproves, I'm fine with them hitting a button to disable it. The more restrictions, the better. I would even prefer that the guild have a coded list of all the people have their skills so they can remove them in case someone is being sneaky (and traitorous). I would also prefer that if a guild champ multiclasses, they would lose access to their special artie until they reclass to their right class again.

On a personal prefence note, I'd rather just have one single mantle you can upgrade to get more multiclass slots in. Have it start at 1 extra slot for 150 cr or so, then 2 for 300, etc, all the way up to 4 (since there are 5 classes in a city). Just be sure to add a way to drop a slot so you can pick up another if you want it.

P.S. credits > mechanics > RP
    I don't know who this Mirth person is, but I agree. The people in a guild should have that set of skills; I shouldn't have to wonder if Shuyin is an illuminati, a nekotai, or a Geomancer today or in the next domoth/raid.

Having played in Aetolia on and off, I can attest that having multiple "classes" in one guild was amazingly confusing. I can see having an artifact to switch between two guilds in a covenant or perhaps even activating dormant skills as a rogue, or even having an artifact to "whitewash" your skills to not require specific power, but multi class is a bad idea and removes the true flavour that each guild brings to Lusternia.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    Oh, and we should be able to purchase housing in cities/communes and out in the wilderness.
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    I'm against mutliclassing, but in favour of making changing guilds easier.

Here's what I propose instead.

Add two new commands: Depart and Rejoin.

Departing a guild will store your current rank/appointed positions in memory somewhere.

In the future, should you wish to go back to that guild, one of the elected leaders could Rejoin you, so that you retain the rank/appointed positions you had when you left.

Just add a confirm command to inguild/rejoin so that no mistakes occur on accident, IE:

Shuyin is about to INGUILD you into the Illuminati. CONFIRM to accept.
    Shuyin is about to REJOIN you to the Illuminati. CONFIRM to accept.

Obviously, you'll lose your elected position if you leave while in office (but should come back at GR19).
    What vivet said.
  • ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    I already said it'd be a bad idea to allow mixing skills like that.

And let's be honest, there's always coded ways to figure out what skills a person has, and judging by the fact that Lusternia already tells you if someone is an enemy or not through honors, I wouldn't be surprised if it also eventually straight up told you what class someone is at any given time. 

There's always room to compromise, I was just running with the mantle idea. I have no qualms with working the covenant system into this somehow as well. ;)
  • Remove the appointed positions from what Vivet said, and that sounds fantastic.
    A whisper from the trees and a frosty presence tells you, secretly, "But you are strong, little 
    flower, and wise." The voice shifts and expands, becoming more real. "And everything you just said 
    in the ritual made me feel safer. You should, too."
    Achaea ultimately had to backpedal on their multiclass system because most houses completely lost their identities. They allowed every class in, presumably for the combat advantages, but weren't able to integrate them all into their ethos. A decision was made--among forum users only--to allow multiple classes per house, but only if no other guild in your city claimed that class. A very small minority of houses thrived under multiclass, and were thus ruined in the reversion, but for the most part it turned out to be a failure. (The upshot here is that enormous decisions shouldn't be made by forum users alone!)

Then again, pay-for-multiclass might be a different animal, since not everyone with have access to it.
    I used to make cakes.

• I'm not gonna say you're wrong about the problem multiclass causes to guild population. But I will say that that problem is so large that the bandaid (Covenants) isn't going to make it better, in fact, it's just stalling the eventual death of some guilds. And if it's going to happen regardless, you can just think of this as a solution to the problem after that, which is person1 wants to be a Cacophony but doesn't want to be the spitting image of a foreveralone meme.

So bring on some multiclassing, cause it just doesn't matter anymore.

"But paradise is locked and bolted...

We must make a journey around the world

to see if a back door has perhaps been left open."

-Heinrich Von Kleist, "On the Puppet Theater"