Perceptions of Characters: Forums reloaded

Comments

• KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    edited January 2014
    Ok, guess I'll put in my 2 cents on some people that Kagato has had quite a few interactions with.  Firstly, people that are close to him:
    --------------------------
    @Mistie is one of the few people that Kagato has a particular soft spot for, the two of them even being engaged at one point (a rare occurrence for Kagato - I think he has been through maybe 3 engagements in his 217 year lifespan, but none of them actually proceeding all the way to marriage), though the two of them breaking it off due to losing contact with each other for an extended time (RL happened, we found ourselves ending up rarely on at the same time as each other, so naturally things could not progress any further)

@Faragan is almost like an unofficial brother to Kagato, the two of them are close, keeping in regular contact, always happy to help each other with any questions or problems the other may have.

@Telperion is someone that Kagato misses having around quite a bit, again he was like a brother to Kagato, with Kagato using the misnomer "Old man" to greet him (which is a little strange considering Kagato is OLDER than Telperion by 3 years...)

@Donato is tolerated, but Kagato has developed a bit of a dislike for him as of late and keeps him at arms length.

And people that Kagato would rather take a long walk off the top of Avechna's Peak:

@Leolamins - Kagato despises Leolamins - though I won't say he outright hates him.  Even though Leolamins has tried to drop in repeatedly and attack him, Kagato refuses to stoop to his level and simply chooses to retreat when the opportunity presents itself.  (When it comes down to it, I honestly don't like PVP much, which is why I will defend when needed, but rarely make the first attack)  The only "positive" interaction that I can remember in any semi-recent timeframe is during the Burning Star event when Kagato had to make a temporary truce with members of the Southern alliance to clear out the Cave of Beauty.

@Silvanus - Similar situation to Leo, though a few times he has been unsuccessful at escape and Kagato is more likely to retaliate due to the polar differences between Celestines and Nihilists.

Lastly, people that just confuse the heck out of Kagato (but not in a bad way)

@Marcella - for someone that is a Magnagoran, Kagato has had very few negative interactions with her and has had a few somewhat positive interactions, the most recently being the Burning Star fiasco and needing to clear out the burning archangels and demons

@Lavinya - again similar to Marcella, Kagato hasn't really had any truly 'negative' personal interactions with her, though has interacted with her on a social level a few times in the past.  I think that if they were not in opposing alliances, and Kagato was not a member of Celest, there is a possibility that the two could potentially become friends.
    Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia

@Lavinya - again similar to Marcella, Kagato hasn't really had any truly 'negative' personal interactions with her, though has interacted with her on a social level a few times in the past.  I think that if they were not in opposing alliances, and Kagato was not a member of Celest, there is a possibility that the two could potentially become friends.
    Quit ruining my reputation D:

• Kagato said:
    And people that Kagato would rather take a long walk off the top of Avechna's Peak:

@Leolamins - Kagato despises Leolamins - though I won't say he outright hates him.  Even though Leolamins has tried to drop in repeatedly and attack him, Kagato refuses to stoop to his level and simply chooses to retreat when the opportunity presents itself.  (When it comes down to it, I honestly don't like PVP much, which is why I will defend when needed, but rarely make the first attack)  The only "positive" interaction that I can remember in any semi-recent timeframe is during the Burning Star event when Kagato had to make a temporary truce with members of the Southern alliance to clear out the Cave of Beauty.
    Leo made the top of the hate list. ALRIGHT!!!!!

06/30/2014 19:37 Silvanus channels the power of the Megalith of Doom for you, stripping you of your Vernal Ascendant status.......bastard!!

• KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    Leolamins said:
    Kagato said:

Leo made the top of the hate list. ALRIGHT!!!!!
    Psh, Kagato doesn't use numerical lists.  He is an equal opportunity prejudicer. =p
    Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Lavinya said:
    Quit ruining my reputation D:
    You're Revan spawn, what reputation? :p

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• edited January 2014
    ^ @Morkarion, scary. Threatened to kill Rykinia if he caught her sleeping at the Master Ravenwood again. Hrmph.

Ohey. My avatar has an appropriate face.
    He said she'd get a rude awakening, he didn't threaten to kill her.

Kicking someone or igniting them isn't killing them >.>

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• edited January 2014
    Same difference. Hrmph. Not my fault I level slow, most places @Idrazil suggested to hunt, I can't. Bash him instead.
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    Morkarion said:

You've grown up. I'm so proud. Brings a tear to my eye.

• Aerdiya hasn't met @Rykinia in person but heard her on the guild aether. She seems to be an eager and hard-working fledgling and Aerdiya is curious what kind of Blacktalon she will become.

@Morkarion is the person, Aerdiya is trying to impress the most. She looks up to her father a lot and wants to get stronger so she can help him in fights. She often feels useless when she cannot do anything besides trying to hit an enemy and fears that he might think the same. Therefore, being praised by him makes her day. Being a very proud person, Aerdiya is usually reluctant to ask him for help but wishes to surprise him with what she has learned instead.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Morkarion said:

If it were me, I'd pause my reflexes and let the ignite kill me.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    Shaddus said:
    Morkarion said:

Can always find other people to do the same, using the Ravenwood as a napping spot is a big no-no.

• Morkarion said:
    Shaddus said:
    Morkarion said:

Can always find other people to do the same, using the Ravenwood as a napping spot is a big no-no.
    "Sawing logs" at the Ravenwood should enrage the Ravenwood and auto-hang you.
    Faelings who perch on the Ravenwood should be automatically devoured by it.

Anyway to swing this back on topic, @Ixion!

Mork has never admitted this to his Grandfather, because he does not need the extra ego (or is I've never told the player because he doesn't need the.. anyway :p ) but he is Morkarion's mortal hero (and when Mork's Divine hero is Orlachmar, you know you're in a very exclusive club.) 

He might always be one step or more behind the Marshal, but he'll never stop pursuing his goal of trying to catch up, it's far too big a challenge to pass over, and far too big a prize to simply ignore. He'll never stop in his long term goal of standing alongside Ixion as his equal, but for now he's focused on being good enough to have the right claim he's Ixion's greatest descendant. Eh, babysteps!

• Morkarion said:
    Shaddus said:
    Morkarion said:

If I were a Dreamweaver, I'd totally use the nexus to store my body. Can you imagine a barely-breathing faeling, tucked away in the roots of the Ravenwood, busy wreaking havoc in Dreamform? Idk.

• CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    That's a good way to get yourself killed by the people you're trying to grief.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    edited January 2014
    Maligorn said:

If I were a Dreamweaver, I'd totally use the nexus to store my body. Can you imagine a barely-breathing faeling, tucked away in the roots of the Ravenwood, busy wreaking havoc in Dreamform? Idk.

What Celina means to say is: There are far more secure places to leave your main body slumbering. Sleeping at the nexus is not really advisable for anyone.
  • Oh. http://imgur.com/gallery/IW8simF

I wish I could get this thread back on topic, but I can't write about anybody that's recently posted.

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    edited February 2014
    If I was a dreamweaver in Glom, I would just mono my nest and sleep there.

Maybe I already do.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • edited February 2014
    - @Ixion - I have know of him for a long time and up until I actually joined the ur'Guard never knew him. He was one of those characters little Arimisia always looked up to in awe and fear. Even after joining the ur'Guard and Ari was not so little anymore you were still a scary sob! But over time I got to know you, and you've helped Ari to at least be able to defend herself which is more than she could do throughout most of her life. I can say it about a lot of people that at one time intimidated me (even as a player!), I am glad that I got to know some of them and call them friends now.

@Morkarion I know you a few ways in game, more recently I will say is helping me in an honours quest, I am glad I was able to return the favor to you!

@Marcella - You make me feel badly and worry about upsetting you OOCly! In some rights you have forced me to be a bit stronger of a leader, actually have the balls to hang my own guild champion, but that was interesting in its own, never got to see the side of a hanging was always a spectator. Anyhow, no more, k? thx!

The soft, hollow voice of Nocht, the Silent resounds within your mind as His words echo through the aether, "Congratulations, Arimisia. Your mastery of vermin cannot be disputed."

• EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Protip: It's easy to get into the tree level as a dreamweaver, with a little elbow grease. ;)
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    @Enyalida - Everiine hasn't been very fond of Enyalida for a long time. He's fairly certain there was a time when that wasn't the case, but he can't recall it specifically. He will grudgingly admit that, on some levels, she is a competent leader. She embraced the identity of the Winter Court, which rather shocked him, and she seems capable enough in battle.

However, he almost universally disagrees with her policies and approach to leadership. From the moment she first joined him on the Moonhart Circle, she has had one agenda that she brings up over and over again--dictating the behavior of others. In his eyes, it borders on obsession. It was bad enough the first time, but it kept coming back and coming back and coming back, thankfully defeated each time. He sees this attitude toward others in most of what she does--she wants to control.

He partly blames the complete stagnation of the Moonhart Circle on her, and was not afraid to call her out on it. On the one hand, she exerted her will and influence to accomplish whatever agenda she had in mind on her own, but on the other, could not rally the Moonhart Circle to do anything productive. He could only conclude that she could motivate people when she cared enough about it, and clearly, she didn't care enough about the Seren people to motivate the Circle. The Marshall is supposed to inspire and guide the Moonhart Circle, and she seems incapable of doing so.

He knows full well he can be disrespectful and a thorn in her side, but he figures that someone has to be if she is be a real leader that gets the right things done--and it seems to be working.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • @Ixion - One of the few people in the Basin that Uruk looks up to very heavily and someone Uruk tries to emulate as best he can. When Uruk was a fledgeling ur'Guard Ixion was the one that seemingly took the Loboshigaru under his wing and helped him grow stronger, and that's something he'll never forget. Deep down Uruk always felt as if there was a reason for that, but it wasn't until he had left Magnagora that he came to realize that he could wear the name Kalas with pride, being Ix's son.

@Leolamins - Uruk also has a great deal of respect for Leolamins, as he ones one of the people that helped Uruk quickly become aware of all the things that had changed upon his return to the basin. Whether it be ideas pinged off him or just random hunting trips Uruk always enjoyed the time the time he got to spend with Leo.

@Arimisia - Uruk has a strange fondness for her, not really knowing her all that well but having respect for the rank which she held in the ur'Guard. Any time they spoke she seemed very kind and generous, a quality which not many of the ur'Guard's leaders have ever really displayed towards the perpetual Trooper. Uruk's departure from the Engine (sadly) seem to have ended the few interactions they've had, though at one point he was actually considering becoming a member of her family. 

@Xenthos - Reminds Uruk a lot of the former ur'Guard leaders he thinks so highly of, though he's a bit hesitant to actually speak with him. Uruk will also forever remember him for reinforcing his hatred of Aetherships by bombarding him out of a port he was seeking refuge in during an Aetherflare and blowing him up.

• @Arimisia. Svorai hasn't had the chance to properly get to know Arimisia, and all that she knows of her is that she has certain connections with people in the Glomdoring, and those relationships intrigue her. 

She seems eager to assist in Domoth fights, and gets involved in a number of different things -- but keeps her head down. People who keep their heads down are the ones to watch, especially ones that manage to become guildmasters without much fuss.
  • edited February 2014
    Ooh, ooh, people I know!

@Leolamins and Lillie had an interesting if tense conversation. I don't think I really made it obvious enough, but most of Lillie's bravado was an elaborate farce, and she was inwardly rocking back and forth in the fetal position, screaming in terror at the situation. Still, it was a good chance for me to RP Lillie putting on her brave face, a trait that she's developed under Magnagoran harassment.

@Ixion and Lillie seem to get along okay. Lillie's heard more about Ixion from Marcella than anyone else, and as such Ix is kind of an idol to Lillie simply by virtue of how much Marcella looks up to him. When Ix walks in on Lillie doing something for the City (eg helping during a revolt) and gives the covert thumbs up or the overt "Good!", it means a lot more to Lillie than it would from most other people.

@Arimisia spent a lot of time trying to squeeze Lillie into a mold that she just wasn't ready for yet. So now Lillie tries to tread the delicate line between avoiding Arimisia and proving that Lillie, too, can contribute just as much to Magnagoran society as her more brash compatriots -even if only by using more subtle and quiet ways.

@Everiine I did already, but what the hell. As Lillie gets more and more into Nil and the Demon Lords, the shoe is gradually going onto the other foot. Whereas once Lillie had to put up a facade around everyone around, and could only relax and air her grievances around her father, she must now put on a mask for her father. This distresses her more than just about anything, and in her mind she struggles with the cognitive dissonance. The constant whispers from Luciphage via her symbol (it's canon - well, my headcanon anyway) make it quite difficult for her to keep her thoughts straight when it comes to her and her father. And that letter from @Kyair! Poor Lillie's heart is breaking.

@Morkarion and Lillie seem to have something of a camraderie - insofar as Morkarion hasn't killed Lillie on sight yet, and Lillie feels like she's got a little more backbone from being able to do something besides curl into a hapless ball and scream for mercy under Mork's assaults - even if they're just debates.
    The Necromentate's mind opens to you, and a grotesque, demonic figure appears in your mind's eye, screaming in torment:
    "THE DEMON LORDS CAN NEVER TRULY BE KILLED - GREAT IS THEIR POWER."

You shock a platinum-coloured geomycus with tales of terror bestowed on villages who don't follow Magnagora.
    A platinum-coloured geomycus slaps her knee and declares that, by the gods, Ptoma Hive should follow the Grand Empire of Magnagora after all!
    Shouts rise up from Ptoma Hive, as its denizens loudly pledge themselves to the Grand Empire of Magnagora.

• @Lillie Allyrianne is entirely astonished by the fact that Lillie is now a cityfolk, and a magnagoran at that. She's rather curious to know what has happened, although is highly unlikely to actually try to find out. She's curious to know how much he has changed in general.
  • @Laysus - Isluna has always seen him on this pedestal. From the moment she started out as a Moondancer he was someone you didn't want to notice you in a bad way. When she left the Moondancers the first time, she just left, and that was that for the most part. Then when she returned to the Wilde after being in New Celest she got to really know him, and they became very close. Her heart sunk with his first words to her after a long sleep. But she already had gone through it before and knew it was better to be graceful about things. Leaving the Moondancers a second time was hard, but the reality was she hated being there. Hated the feel, and attitudes. Something there just made her feel weak, and dread the very idea of having to speak to anyone in the guild.. Even Lillie or Lyethal  whom she had soft spots for. But she had to do it, and the disappointment she felt from him for it, hurt. To this day she has felt that she is walking on eggshells when reaching out to him, but her stubborn side wont allow her to avoid talking to him, and pushes her to reach out to him.

@Lillie - Isluna wasn't sure about this one, she was scared to talk to them for fear they might have a heart attack. And the first time she gave him a flower! That conversation, she tried to laugh at it, but wondered if they had been dropped on their head too often as a babe. Isluna found it hard not to be the bit of a flirt she is naturally, she really didn't want Lillie to get the wrong idea at first, then she started looking to see if Lillie was around. But after a time of not seeing Lillie, Isluna shifted towards others, and contact with Lillie was short at best. Isluna found it really hard to watch, and know what Lillie was going to face with the path Lillie was on. Isluna knew she should have, or could have said something, but didn't think she would have been heard, and felt no matter what it was going to be a losing battle for Lillie. She does still think of Lillie, and hopes that Lillie is alright, but hasn't had the nerve to contact her.

@Everiine - Isluna has some fond memories of him, when they were younger. But they had a pretty big falling out, that had a pretty big effect on her. She doesn't exactly recall the details after so long, but it's something in the back of her mind, like a little voice that counters some of her naughtier thoughts on situations. He might not ever know that in the end he was among a few that had lot of effect on her growth in both the Serenwilde and New Celest. Their falling out really is what made her think about how she was, and who she seen herself in the future and well, it put her on the right path in away. Spending time with him and his son Lyethal was a great pleasure to her, and even now she misses those times even thought they were few.

I know there are others, but it's kind of hard to think of the interactions as some are more from along time ago.

Currently Playing in: The doctors office. One more needle and I might just lose it again.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    edited June 2014
    This thread's been dead too long. Somebody do Daraius again.   8->
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • Marcella looks at Daraius' head in the ur'Guard trophy hall and thinks about what could have been if it wasn't for Elanorwen.