Perceptions of Characters: Forums reloaded

Comments

• One or two:

@Marcella: Bandeon thinks pretty highly of Marcella's intellect and honor... he just thinks she's deluding herself that power through the Taint is something orclach should be grasping. Honestly she reminds him a lot of a young Kelly, which is both good and kind of creepy at the same time. He's also not a huge fan of her ways of describing things... another thing he thinks she has in common with Kelly.

@Karlach: Bandeon was willing to think of Karlach in a similar manner to Marcella... before he got jumped twice hunting Gorgogs and Karlach attacked at the same time as the beasts. Now Bandeon tends to lump Karlach in with orcs: cowardly perversions of what orclach should be.

@Telperion: Bandeon likes Telperion a lot. He thinks that he's a pretty good example of what Celestines used to be, and even though they don't talk much he counts him as a friend. That said, he's also a little uncomfortable around him because Bandeon is maybe a bit more accepting of some people than he is, and he can forsee some trouble in the future over it.
  • MunsiaMunsia The Supreme Goddess
    edited June 2014
    I laughed far more at that then I should have.

All I know of @Kaalak is he bothers Munsia for absolutely no reason some times, and demands to give her fashion advice when it's unwelcome.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Kalaak scares the hell out of Entrias. Entrias believes him to be clinically insane, especially considering some of the designing schemes Kalaak has come up with or questions he has asked Isune. Any other Shaddusalt would have asked Kalaak if he was on drugs, or at least licking Shallach Rocks.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Iasmos thinks @Shaddus is an okay dude because he was willing to admit when he made a rash decision to enemy Iasmos to his order and later reversed it.

And, if it wasn't for the participation of his alts, the game would be a bit more empty and dull.

• I keep debating whether or not to post here...I should one day.  In the meantime, if somebody posts what they think of Zilias, I will post about them...assuming I know you :)
  • Iorwen cares deeply for @Zilias and has come to truly respect him. He seems to hold a genuine love for her family and their history, which goes a long way in her book. Their relationship is fairly new and they are still learning how to interact with each other, but already she trusts him unconditionally. He brings out the best in her, inspiring her to take a stand and be more active within the commune despite feeling unsure of herself and her abilities. She also appreciates his humor. His ability to laugh and find joy in the smallest of circumstances. Although, this trait has once or twice gotten himself into trouble.

• edited June 2014
    Munsia said:
    Munsia/Myself puts everyone in a category. The following Catagories are people!

Fillin/Narsrim

Thoros

Urazial

Arimisia

Ialie

Now, quite literally this is how I view a large portion of people. It's entirely based around your fighting. You go from being a genius/very good. To being pretty good and an asset, to being just a raidy little rager/hit run types, to being a pacifist.....now I could sit here and put each and everyone of you in said catagory but people might get mad at where I place you. Most of this is perceived and in my dealings with you. I think everyone has a different perception of everyone based upon where they are living at any one time.

I've been reminded there's a fifth Catagory...and that would have to be the Arimisia types. The types who try, but are kinda swinging in the dark. 

Pfft. I'm beyond your categories.
  • Ixion said:
    Oh hi Ardmore.

Ix sees @Ardmore as a level-headed lone wolf. He doesn't like the spotlight and prefers to work on things in private. Fiercely loyal, Ardmore works hard for his order and has an addiction to hunting prey and offering absurd amounts. He hopes that one day Ardmore will return home to Magnagora and papa Morgfyre.
    That brought out the feels.
  • Svana doesn't particularly hate Ardmore, she likes him about as much as she can like a person. That being said, she often gets frustrated with him and the things he does. Frustrations aside, she thinks he's a good and hard-working person (except when he isn't), and generally doesn't register his presence as a threat.
  • @Svana is a disgusting, weak-willed individual who grovels at the foot of a god who has performed unspeakable crimes upon her. Since she'd gotten the go-ahead to join Magnagora at a time when Magnagora was *really fucked* thanks to the gaudi-glom-celest alliance, Mysrai unloading every god-punishment on her so hard that she spun away all of her everything on the wheel and made herself absolutely useless and quit Lusternia for a while was taken as a personal attack against the ur'Guard guild. Although Svana'd been somewhat helpful when Marcella was just learning how to fight, it's absolutely baffling to her how anyone could go back to someone who tells you 'yes, it's okay, go, I will still love you' and then hitting you with 30-month tdfs, maggoting, adoration, etc.

Svana's a moron who needs to die, basically.
  • Ardmore is not a fan of @Svana. A lot of it stems from jealousy as Ardmore is constantly confused when people praise Svana or put her on a pedestal. People have long memories and what's confusing is that most people remember the bad, in Svana's case, they seem to single out the good. Rather annoying that she forgets she's a filthy traitor!

With that said, Svana has run the Templar guild beautifully as the GM (returning to do so once more, soon) and Mysrai holds her in high regard. Something that might seem minor, but it caused Ardmore to appreciate Svana, is when Gaudiguch's (in Ardmore's time) worst CL, Aiyana, made a ridiculous law and Svana pretty much told her to shove it up her butt.

Ardmore no like Svana.
  • edited June 2014
    The only reason Aiyana holds any respect, at all, whatsoever for Ardmore is because he is Beloved and she's required to tolerate him. Were it not for that, she would completely and totally disregard the fact he exists.

She sees him as someone who is more prone to whining and complaining about absolutely nothing instead of being productive. She sees him as someone that continually stomps his feet, throws his weight around, and gripes like a little kid until he gets his way on any matter-- including those that have absolutely nothing to do with him, that he feels the need to jump in and be a white knight for those who do not deserve to be defended. He is fickle, he is selfish, and she does not trust him as far as she could telekinetically throw him.

• Not as passively aggressive as completely skipping over someone.

• I had that written up for Svana but it took me a while to post it.

• Belibi said:
    Iasmos said:
    Not as passively aggressive as completely skipping over someone.
    Couldn't that just be "if you don't have anything good to say, don't say anything"?

That hasn't stopped anyone before.

• Some people have bad character perceptions. I actually think Svana's a fine person OOC and is really legit, doesn't stop my character from hating hers.
  • Oh, look, it's a pick 'n' mix!

@Ardmore, in Svorai's eyes, cheated her out of 2,000 gold when she was a novice jeweller, offering to make an energycube. But those were impressions of a Svorai who didn't know how to tie her shoelaces, let alone anything else, like how to do business. Anyway, Ardmore left Glomdoring a long while ago, and the circumstances around that were never clear to her. He's given her the impression of being an exceptionally capable hunter, perhaps somewhat unsure of where he belonged, but otherwise enigmatic. He is an unknown, in many respects. He seemed to be so suited to the Predator's way, perhaps he's a missing piece of the Order? She wonders if home calls him.

@Aiyana was CL of Gaudi for a time, and Svorai was left with the distinct feeling that the new leader was out of her depth. She knew that Aiyana was loved by many of Gaudiguch, having been made a Vernal Ascendant beforehand, so learning why was something on Svorai's mind, though she didn't have much of an opportunity to. Aiyana was pleasant to talk to, though, and the one small grievance Svorai (and Glomdoring) had during her reign seemed to be dealt with quickly enough. That it was an issue at all was something of a bother.

@Celina is someone Svorai has come to admire, rather than despise with the venom of everything deadly in the Wyrden Forest. The pair have wildly different methods, but, Svorai believes, very common goals. Clashes seem to be violent and increasingly more brief, with the both of them pleased (or at least content, coupled with a nonchalant shrug and vain hairflip, respectively) with eventual outcomes. She's glad to see her return to the Forest, and moreso, the Lady's Order. Renewed purpose makes the best use of the Wyrd's most feared Glomazon.

@Iasmos is someone Svorai has never encountered, or at least memorably so. She has no impressions, other than that he is a well-established member of the North.

@Belibi is watched with keen interest by Svorai. She still struggles with the Wyrdenwood, and their presence is off-putting, like glass grating, though she's pleased that this one is making itself useful. And so useful. Belibi is quick to volunteer for anything and everything, and makes a point of being good (as good as he can be) at what he does. Svorai finds this quality something that can't be taught or instilled -- it just is or isn't. Perhaps Belibi is a child of the Wyrd in more than form. Though disappointed in his interpretation of her words to him upon his appointment as Trade Minister, she appreciates that not all can read her mind, and hopes that since that time, Belibi has come to understand why she spoke as she did. Hard-working, respectful, purposeful. Svorai hopes for the young Wyrdenwood.

@Marcella is Morkarion's sister, and has understood something of her character from him. Violent, loyal, ruthless, unashamedly whatever she is in the moment. Much like her brother, but then... he changed. Hm. She thinks well of Marcella, for these qualities are not undesirable in themselves. She understands Marcella has a bitter distaste for the Glomdoring and has been the focal point for different incidents, but Svorai still reserves judgement on the orclach. There's something there that she doesn't yet understand, and wants to.
  • Svorai is one of the few people Ixchilgal doesn't immediately dismiss out of hand as being less intelligent than himself.  He trusts her about as much as he trusts anyone who isn't in his little circle - which is to say, not at all - and while he doesn't think Svorai is planning to screw over Gaudiguch, he thinks she'd do it without a second thought if it somehow benefited Glomdoring.
  • @Ixchilgal - Arimisia's favorite brother even if they do compete in several fields of business. She wishes he'd come back home and in some ways dislikes Gaudiguch because of the people that were close to here that left for the fiery city and would never move there herself. Either way, she still gets along with her brother well even if they do not talk too much, and when they do its usually always friendly. And to think, Arimisia would not be who she is today, and her family would not be half as messed up! I mean, how many people can say their grand daughter married their nephew?  and then their offspring married another grandkid? And it's all thanks to dear old brother and @Munsia really! And ahhh.. good times in aetherspace, cannot forget he is the one who made Ari get demigod all those years ago.
    The soft, hollow voice of Nocht, the Silent resounds within your mind as His words echo through the aether, "Congratulations, Arimisia. Your mastery of vermin cannot be disputed."

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Ixchilgal said:

Svorai is one of the few people Ixchilgal doesn't immediately dismiss out of hand as being less intelligent than himself.  He trusts her about as much as he trusts anyone who isn't in his little circle - which is to say, not at all - and while he doesn't think Svorai is planning to screw over Gaudiguch, he thinks she'd do it without a second thought if it somehow benefited Glomdoring.

Ixchilgal is the best dad ever.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • I know it's late, but I want to respond to these so I'm gonna break the rules anyway.
    Daraius said:
    @Kethaera has made a consistently positive impression on Daraius. She's been prompt in her correspondence, patient in her explanations, and above all, perfectly cordial and diplomatic through this whole absolution process (unlike Zouviqil, who threw a hissy fit :P ). She seems to be a pretty good, diligent bureaucrat, at least as far as checking up on Dar's case goes, and she gets bonus points for liking tea. Overall she's about as likable as foreigners get, but as long as she's slinking around in the shadows of Glomdoring, she's subject to the same benevolent indifference as every other non-Hallifaxian. 
    @Daraius is one of Kethaera's favorite non-Glomdorians, from what she knows of him so far. Intelligent, refined and restrained... and though that makes him hard to figure out at times, they're still qualities she admires. Part of the reason she's been so interested in following up on Daraius' progress is that she's sympathetic toward what are, in her opinion, slightly unfair conditions on his being unenemied- but her hands are tied by the circumstances. The fact that he's been willing to work on it anyway greatly increases her estimation of Daraius. That, and his shop is becoming one of her preferred locations to talk to people from unfriendly organizations.
    Celina said:

Celina doesn't know much about @Kethaera, her interactions have only been brief over the Court. What she has see, however, she finds encouraging. Kethaera seems to have a certain edge to her that Celina appreciates, there's something sincerely merciless and dark about her and how she expresses herself, a trait she feels is becoming less prominent in the Glomdoring. Though she didn't vote for her for personal reasons that had more to do with Svorai than anything else, she was impressed with how she presented herself during the election. She's fearless when she presents her perspective, and that perspective is a cold and harsh one that she feels is the essence of Glomdoring. One of the few among the many new faces that reminds her of old Glomdoring.

Hard to have much of an impression of @Celina, as we so rarely have many occasions to talk directly. Even so, Kethaera agrees with pretty much everything Celina's said in recent posts and over the Court, which has led to a generally positive view of her. She's a bit rash at times, but really, someone has to take action.
    Lillie said:
    Let's go up a bit...

Lillie finds @Kethaera to be damn good at her job as ambassador - emphasis on the 'damn'. Refusing to bow to the usual unenemying demands, Lillie had to wheedle her way into more esoteric means, which are making more and more trouble for her. So Lillie has a respect for Keth, but that's the line - she doesn't like Keth whatsoever.
    Ah, @Lillie. As a player, that conversation between us at @Lisaera's fulcrux(and Lisaera subsequently getting irritated with Kethaera) was one of my favorite things ever. Completely unexpected situation that turned out to be a lot of fun and made me wish we had more reason to speak to each other.

Lillie is one of Kethaera's least-liked members of Magnagora, up there with @Marcella and @Munsia. She comes across as weak and largely useless(and admitted as much herself, as a first attempt to be unenemied from Glomdoring), and completely lacking in self-confidence... that, or it's all a deception to make herself seem more harmless than she really is. Either way, Kethaera doesn't like or trust her at all. About the only value Lillie has is that she's fun to bully.
    Karlach said:
    @Kethaera is a box of uncertainty to Karlach. Her recent statements, even prior to contesting for Regent, have come across as rash and irrational to what he perceived to be a calm and collected mind. Each time she speaks or acts in a matter he finds confusing, he's constantly questioning as to what her agenda is. There's a great deal of smoke and mirrors around Kethaera to him, and very little actual truth that gets revealed. Her recent meetings with Gabriella that he occasionally notices also have him in a state of unease. Something stinks, and for once the Orclach took a shower that day.
    I'm not sure what I said... :-?  From Kethaera's perspective, she was talked into contesting by more than a couple people, and in part curiosity "to see if she could." Now that it's over, the election is pretty much forgotten. But anyway... @Karlach comes across as abrasive, and always has. His questioning her about @Gabriella just seemed rude and nosy, and borderline accusing her of treason. She respects him, for the most part, but is rarely inclined to share her thoughts with him. He'd probably use them against her anyway. 
    "Chairwoman," Princess Setisoki states, holding up a hand in a gesture for her to stop and returning the cup. "That would be quite inappropriate. One of the males will serve me."
  • Saoirse thinks @Bandeon is really mean for always ruining her hair. But she also admires his ideals and plans for the Paladins guild and Celest even though he steals her wife for hours-long meetings! Bwah! D:
                                                                  Sao <3 Pandy
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Bandeon is a name out of Everiine's distant past, his adopted father, though Ev only had a few interactions with him. Like anyone from that far in Ev's past, there is a certain aura about Bandeon that Ev admires because Bandeon lived in the same era. Even if they were enemies in the future, Ev would still have that high regard for Bandeon.

Ev only knows or remembers Saoirse as the pilot who crashes things.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    edited July 2014
    Everiine is, in Portius' humble opinion, a savage. But he's a more tragic case than most. Going by Everiine's reputation (since Portius has never actually met him, but has heard of him and kind of knows him by reputation) he'd be a reasonable candidate for assimilation into Hallifax, and he could be a good citizen. But he was born a long time ago, and he's probably too set in his ways to ever be civilized. It's not really his fault, since he was born well before Hallifax returned to our timestream. That's the tragedy of it, in Portius' eyes. There's so much potential, and it's only circumstances that really prevent him from fulfilling it. This is all made extra tragic by Everiine being one of the most famous trill outside of Hallifax.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Portius said:
    Everiine is, in Portius' humble opinion, a savage
    Awww, thank you! :x
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • @Portius is an awesome librarian person. All the writing he does is amazing and I'm sure Hallifax will be very cultured from it. The little interactions I have had with you I have enjoyed. Now if only I could write something worthy...

And to break the rules a bit...

@Svorai I really liked the things she did for Glomdoring, being the CL and all. The work she also did for the BT was great. I feel that she was a motivation to many in someways. Ayisdra respected her a good amount, and perhaps one of the few older persons that actually knows Ayisdra. In someways, she is one of the few people that Ayisdra misses just seeing around now that he is in Hallifax (Not that Ayisdra would ever admit openly)

@Belibi The tree person that made me smile seem him walk around glomdoring as a wyrdenwood. Despite there being next to zero woods in the BT, Belibi went with it. As one of the newer novices in the BT back when Belibi was actually a newbie also was nice to see someone in the BT that wasn't already an oldie. And if only Idazial didn't get to you first, you could have gained the Ysav'rai name.
  • edited July 2014
    Haezon thinks it's a shame @Ayisdra left but doesn't mind too much because he hasn't attacked Glomdoring ('Yet' in his mind). When he was in Glomdoring, Haezon respected Ayisdra's interesting perspective and low-emotional spectrum stance on various things. He would like him to come back.

Retired.