Perceptions of Characters: Forums reloaded

Comments

• SelenitySelenity My first MC to stay in Serenwilde
    Xeria said:
    Selenity said:
    Xeria said:
    @Selenity

Now that's making me antsy. 

Just how did @Azus and @Gabriella responded to Xeria once?
    You were there for it!
    I honestly don't remember Gabriella, Azus, Xeria and Selenity in the same location all together. sorry! :(
    It was Gabriella + Selenity + Xeria + others at the Moonhart Mother Tree.

As for the other one, it was Azus, Emmaline, Selenity, and Xeria doing the meditation.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    edited November 2014
    Daganev said:
    If someone could post about Daganev I would appreciate it.  I've forgotten a few bits about the reputation he has.
    Vitas respects Daganev, though he doesn't know much about him or see him do anything. His history as founder of the Ebonguard brings him sort of a legendary status, but Daganev's semi-quiet nature in the commune, and how the commune seems to be losing people here and there, is making Vitas worry.

Also, Vitas wishes he could redesign Daganev's bardiche, because ugh.

TL;DR - More Daganev please
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Shaddus said:
    Daganev said:
    If someone could post about Daganev I would appreciate it.  I've forgotten a few bits about the reputation he has.
    Vitas respects Daganev, though he doesn't know much about him or see him do anything. His history as founder of the Ebonguard brings him sort of a legendary status, but Daganev's semi-quiet nature in the commune, and how the commune seems to be losing people here and there, is making Vitas worry.

Also, Vitas wishes he could redesign Daganev's bardiche, because ugh.
    Thanks.
    What's wrong with his bardiche?  Which bardiche?
    Gib's something or other :/
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Iytha pretty much only remembers Daganev as "That one krokani nutter from Glomdoring who claimed the Taint is an illusion perpetrated by the Geomancers."
  • All I know about Daganev is that at one point I thought he was one of the only important tae'dae in the Basin, being the founder of the Ebonguard. He ended up being a changeling and thus so disappointing.

• Rialorm has only known Daganev since his recent waking but she's pretty impressed by him. He comes across as a big and gentle bear but one not to mess with. Luckily she's all happy with him for writing books. And she's learned a fair bit about his past from his recent book, too.
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Rialorm was someone that Tarkenton had looked forward to growing a friendship with after his impromptu introduction to her, but due to circumstances decided both he and she would be better off with any potential friendship nipped in the bud.
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    @Selenity is new to Ev, but so far, he likes her. She is incredibly inquisitive, eager to learn, and very eager to be involved. If the future of the Serenwilde is in people like Selenity, Ev has high hopes for it.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • Haezon hopes to be like Daganev when he's older, with the right amount of whacky while also dispensing wisdom and shit. He's also very friendly with an actual sense of humour.
    Retired.
  • Marcella thinks that if all of Serenwilde were like @Everiine, then the Ironhart alliance wouldn't have failed so badly.
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    I am very confused by that statement.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
    Marcella said:
    Marcella thinks that if all of Serenwilde were like @Everiine, then the Ironhart alliance wouldn't have failed so badly.
    Selenity is confused as heck about @Marcella. One minute, friendly teacher. What feels like the next minute, attacking the Serenwilde. She can't help but wonder if the purpose of Marcella's attacks come from a want to just kill things harboring no anger or aggression towards individuals, or if she sincerely hates everything Seren. Regardless, Selenity feels she owes Marcella for Marcella protecting her once (or attempting to). Selenity is pretty sure that if Marcella isn't on a killing or fighting rampage, she's a damn decent being, which makes Selenity respect her.
  • Shaddus said:
    Yes Gib's Longing.  You are just jealous, that you don't have a rib+sternum bardiche  :P

But I'm very happy that you reminded me about the aspect of Daganev where he does stuff unseen. 

Daganev is impressed by Tavis, in that he is actually a protector, it's so hard to get people to take that role.

Maligorn said:
    All I know about Daganev is that at one point I thought he was one of the only important tae'dae in the Basin, being the founder of the Ebonguard. He ended up being a changeling and thus so disappointing.
    Daganev is a tae'dae, he is also a changeling.  Not mutually exclusive :P 

:(  All Daganev knows about Maligorn is that somebody wanted to kill him.
    Iytha said:
    Iytha pretty much only remembers Daganev as "That one krokani nutter from Glomdoring who claimed the Taint is an illusion perpetrated by the Geomancers."
    Thank you for reading that book! :P

:(  The name is familar, but no memmories come to mind 

Haezon said:
    Haezon hopes to be like Daganev when he's older, with the right amount of whacky while also dispensing wisdom and shit. He's also very friendly with an actual sense of humour.
    Does Daganev have a sense of humour or does he just have no sense? hmm...

Daganev is pretty impressed with Haezon's willingness to adapt and overcome challenges and stick to it.  A rare quality sometimes.
  • Naime is pretty sure Daganev is completely insane. Besides the fact she is already easily irritable, his poor jokes nearly kill her.

It's true, I really am you.
    Daganev said:

Shaddus said:

Yes Gib's Longing.  You are just jealous, that you don't have a rib+sternum bardiche  :P

Actually, I just want to redo it and make it better :D

• i am not misguided! I am NIIIIIGHT

It's true, I really am you.
  • Daganev is very happy to see @Kurut being able to carry on the killing them with kindess tae'dae traditions, and is impressed by her application of flesh for construction. It reminds him of his younger days.
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Synkarin loves @Kurut because she's nothing but positive and happy all the time. She's a total asset to Gaudiguch and with some time, he hopes to whip her into fighting shape. He's enjoyed being able to help her finish her eaf, and was glad to see Kurut persevere through all the hardships and mishaps that happened to her. The steadfastness and determination makes him proud to be her friend and he really wishes @Valishul didn't disappear and ruin her chances for joining Ysav'rai!

@Naime was one of those who had potential and then ran off to marry a lameo Nightshade, so she's been brushed off as useless matter now, just taking up space, like her spouse. 

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • @Synkarin is an unhelpful, distant jerk with a reputation for being an ultra-traitor. He's also an extremely capable combatant, quester, and debater, so there's no point in needling him about it - kind of like there's no point in needling Munsia about anything. Synkarin is also my direct superior. "What do you want done, sir?" "...find somethin' you're doing and, er, do it better."

How helpful.
  • Kurut said:
    Kurut has mixed feelings about @Haezon. On one hand, she loves him like she loves everyone else. On the other, she considers him potentially dangerous and has considered having him assassinated (at the expense of a great deal of gold) on several occasions.
    O.O Haezon considered dangerous… I wonder if I should be flattered or worried. Haezon is nothing but nice to those outside Glomdoring, haha.
    Retired.
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Marcella said:
    @Synkarin is an unhelpful, distant jerk with a reputation for being an ultra-traitor. He's also an extremely capable combatant, quester, and debater, so there's no point in needling him about it - kind of like there's no point in needling Munsia about anything. Synkarin is also my direct superior. "What do you want done, sir?" "...find somethin' you're doing and, er, do it better."

How helpful.
    Such is the Path of the Hammer and I'm so misunderstood

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • @Marcella - holy god what a fucking bitch but geez her armor is shiny today and her hair is nice too ow shit stop hitting me with an axe you crazy necrotic overzealous misguided orclach how dare you we used to chill and chat together and now you're trying to chop my legs off HOW ARE YOUR MUSCLES THAT BIG leave me alone but don't because I want to salvage our friendship somehow except not now because you're raiding poor defenceless serenwilde

Being Maligorn's first love interest ever, back when he was curious and receptive to all forms of knowledge (which Marcella gave in spades), it came as a rather world-tilting shock when Marcella went on a murder rampage after Death challenge last year, earning herself a Hallifaxian enemy status and beheading Prom King @Daraius twice (one of the most heinous things in the history of Lusternia). Since those moments, Maligorn became increasingly polarized until he began shutting himself off from Glomdoring, Gaudiguch and Magnagora and began actively helping Celest and Serenwilde more, while also offering their fledglings advice and overall making himself useful for the entire alliance. Unfortunately, his curiosity was mostly shelved under a cold and detached and self-absorbed demeanor (because rage and hate are lower emotions, so he can't resort to those).

Whereas he would only defend and do domoths/wildnodes before, he now does raids without really feeling any remorse about it. Marcella's rejection (or abandonment is probably a better word) hit him pretty hard.

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Hey Dar only got beheaded once.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
    Maligorn said:
    @Marcella - holy god what a fucking bitch but geez her armor is shiny today and her hair is nice too ow shit stop hitting me with an axe you crazy necrotic overzealous misguided orclach how dare you we used to chill and chat together and now you're trying to chop my legs off HOW ARE YOUR MUSCLES THAT BIG leave me alone but don't because I want to salvage our friendship somehow except not now because you're raiding poor defenceless serenwilde

Being Maligorn's first love interest ever, back when he was curious and receptive to all forms of knowledge (which Marcella gave in spades), it came as a rather world-tilting shock when Marcella went on a murder rampage after Death challenge last year, earning herself a Hallifaxian enemy status and beheading Prom King @Daraius twice (one of the most heinous things in the history of Lusternia). Since those moments, Maligorn became increasingly polarized until he began shutting himself off from Glomdoring, Gaudiguch and Magnagora and began actively helping Celest and Serenwilde more, while also offering their fledglings advice and overall making himself useful for the entire alliance. Unfortunately, his curiosity was mostly shelved under a cold and detached and self-absorbed demeanor (because rage and hate are lower emotions, so he can't resort to those).

Whereas he would only defend and do domoths/wildnodes before, he now does raids without really feeling any remorse about it. Marcella's rejection (or abandonment is probably a better word) hit him pretty hard.
    Selenity looks up to @Maligorn and as such, has taken to sending him whatever gifts she comes across that she thinks may be worthwhile. He is the first bard she has seen on her commune's alliance's side that can actually kill people, and this amazes her. She feels iffy about prancing about Celest, and even Hallifax, but she knows she can be mostly invisible in Hallifax because nobody will notice her there unless she announces herself. Being someone she admires who she hasn't had much interaction with, she is prone to verbally (and mentally!) stumbling when talking to him.

@Synkarin is another person who has managed to baffle Selenity, aside from Marcella. His spontaneous hello that once has made Selenity decide that she is not as random as she thought she was, and his actions afterward made her dislike him greatly. Then he went and participated in killing Serens and she has determined that not only does he not like those from her forest, but he never will, and that she should just try to forget she ever talked with him.
  • @Selenity‌ may very well be a nice lady- but the fact remains that she has heathen notions about Glomdoring. Probably- maybe . Or perhaps she is more open-minded than her blinded brothers and sisters. We shall see, we shall see. Heehurr.

# Dot's opinions on above because I'm OCD so must stay in order and must grasp at weak straws for ideas on characters she's never seen.

Feel free to skip me over if need be. >:D

• Sooo...here I go, weighing in.

@Peridot - Sadly you're not on Iari's radar, having never met her. This is something that must be changed.

@Selenity - In spite of having only really met her once, and her dreadful scarf, Iari is quite fond of her. Something about their conversation has made Iari think of her (Selenity, that is) as a quiet-yet-scrappy bard who loves her home, her guild, and the people who reside in both. Though, she is rather suspicious that Selenity blew her off the last time she tried to speak with her.

@Maligorn - Iari's opinion of Maligorn is steadily worsening. Whilst she initially began with her standard "He's Hallifaxian, so he's probably just looking at things the wrong way," the short (and rather unpleasant) conversation that the two of them had in the Xeeth Laboratories, followed by his attempting to sabotage what she was doing, and then his participation on the subsequent raid on the Vortex has left her grimly considering that he might be a real enemy of Gaudiguch, rather than just a Hallifaxian. (An important distinction in her mind). All of that said, Iari's also willing to admit that perhaps they just got off on the wrong foot, since by the time Maligorn arrived in the laboratories, she was already in a fairly bad mood, so maybe that's her fault.

@Synkarin - Given the number of times Synkarin has come to Iari's defense, given her advice, fought for Gaudiguch, made her laugh/smile, and generally worked his butt off for the City and people she loves, Iari has nothing but love and respect for him. She does however, sometimes wish he'd be more careful about CERTAIN THINGS, but that's small potatoes, really, and easily fixed with a quick reminder.

More people to come later. Maybe. We'll see.
    With an exasperated sigh, you say, "One moment please, I'm threatening a muffin in a box!"
    Selenity is super suspicious of @Iari, despite the reassurance of Azus that she (Iari) is not dangerous to people like Selenity. Selenity is sure that Iari is a good person... to those of Gaudiguch. She thought there might be the possibility of friendship, especially with the one-time invitation to visit Gaudiguch, until the whole eaf thing happened. Given Iari's continued dedication to Gaudiguch despite their involvement in the creation of eaf past and present, she is pretty sure she should sever all contacts with this woman.

(PS Iari: She wasn't trying to brush you off - I was logging out because I wasn't feeling well, sorry!)
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    edited November 2014
    @Iari, Iari, Iari...

Iari epitomizes what a guild master ought to be to Tarkenton.  She possesses zero hesitation in stepping up to fill in for absent roles within her guild, and does so in an extremely successful manner.  She's crazy, but to him it comes off as the craziness of someone who has seen the Truth (whatever it may be) and perhaps he may be similar to her one day if his learning and meditations take him as far down his path as hers have apparently taken her.  Many times though, her behavior has seemed like it's merely a mask for her true self to hide behind.  Said hidden self seems like it's always thinking, calculating, playing at guessing at angles to approach something with before discarding the dross and choosing the best path.

Right now, she's the most influential person in his life.  And he's fairly certain she knows it, and refuses to acknowledge it.

@Selenity: Dunno you, haven't run across you yet.  *makes note to get better at inter-org RP*