Perceptions of Characters: Forums reloaded

Comments

• @Iari - Maligorn knows her as the Grand Cipher of the Illuminati, which isn't a bad thing in and of itself unless Iari is a Mysraian. Which she probably is, but he/I don't know for sure. One time, he heard something or the other of Iari seeking out Daraius to learn more about Hallifax, which was really promising, because fostering relationships with a city that needs as much Hallifaxian guidance as Gaudiguch can only be a good thing. She valiantly died for her cosmic plane during the fleshpot raid, many times, and loyalty is never a bad thing.

In the Xeeth Flesh Labs, Maligorn was in a pretty bad and churlish mood too. It was probably the smell.

• Maligorn said:
    One time, he heard something or the other of Iari seeking out Daraius to learn more about Hallifax...
    This is still a thing. (hopefully)
    With an exasperated sigh, you say, "One moment please, I'm threatening a muffin in a box!"
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    It is. Sorry. :(
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • Don't be sorry @Daraius!
    With an exasperated sigh, you say, "One moment please, I'm threatening a muffin in a box!"
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    @Iari confuses Synkarin beyond belief. He never really knows where he stands with her, so he typically holds her at arms length with any sort of dealings. He knows that she's devoted to the Illuminati and Gaudiguch and she'll make sure to stand her ground especially when Synkarin is breaking a rule or two, so she earns points for that, but she loses points because Synkarin is nothing but direct and not so subtle, so when Iari says or does things with subtle or implied meanings, it just goes over his head and has no idea what to do. He trusts her implicitly because of her devotion and would do anything reasonable that she asked him to, because while he may not understand her, he knows she is working for Gaudiguch

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    @Synkarin has always been an amazing person to @Shadduscollective. Whether he's being a good mentor to @Vitas or an amazing and supportive father for @Subotai, or just someone random's reason to hate the southern alliance, or maybe someone else's rallying point in the south, Sidd has it going on. He's not afraid to speak his mind and he's not afraid to do whatever it takes to achieve his goal, and he's sure not angry about taking time to help others on either side to get better at what they do.‌
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Haezon wants @Tarkenton to jump off a very high cliff onto some spikes, preferably jagged and rusty.
    Retired.
  • Niun considers @Haezon to be a dedicated Minister who works hard to motivate the commune in regards to culture. He made a very favourable first impression by introducing her to the Glomdoring stage and showing her there's more to it than a place to bring bards to. Love plays!
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Whoa, whoa. Excuse me, but I was skipped.

Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Shaddus said:
    Whoa, whoa. Excuse me, but I was skipped.

Like I have any clue who your alts are.

Haezon was unsure what to think of @Niun at first, but after she gained the trust of Astraea, his mother, he warmed to her and now considers her a surrogate aunt with a strong-willed persona.
    Retired.
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    @Haezon is another enigma to Ev, who hasn't quite figured him out. He does not seem to be a fanatic, as he is willing to talk to Ev without resorting to insults and mockery, and is more interested in their shared Trill heritage than anything else. This is refreshing to Ev, though the absolute darkness that covers him and the shades make Ev uneasy.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • Kurut remembers @Everiine fondly. His stories, his life lessons, and his guidance helped Kurut quite a bit back when she was a young Serenguard. Everiine is one of several reasons why Kurut goes out of her way to avoid getting enemied to the Wilde, as she would be heartbroken to lose the friends she knew so long ago.
    I occasionally like to pretend that I'm replanting all of these herbs to attract bees, and might one day form an alliance with the bees and take over the Basin. Then we could have a wonderful tea party with plenty of honey and the best tea blends.
    Ev doesn't know what to make of @Kurut. No one should be that cheerful all the time. Especially when they are at the same time so innocently gruesome. She doesn't seem like a typical Gaudiguchian, but neither does she fit any other preconceived mold he tries to put her in. She just is. Though she reminds him suspiciously of @Jigan.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

• SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    @Marcella - Smart, helpful, helped out a lot directing Magnagora to assist Gaudiguch during wildnodes recently.  For all her intelligence though, has a stubborn streak though.

@Selenity - Synkarin is confused, randomly saw her once running through Serenwilde updating his knowledge of Shops and shopnames and doffed, and it sparked her sending him a hat? Then the ensuing conversation just confused him more. He's just attributed that to her living in Serenwilde.

@Subotai - good son, did well as Monger, even dealing with Eritheyl's grumpy old badger streaks, wishes he'd come back

@Vitas - good student, likes to kill and loyal to Glomdoring, all that's needed is him to take a more prominent leadership role.

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • Everiine said:
    @Haezon is another enigma to Ev, who hasn't quite figured him out. He does not seem to be a fanatic, as he is willing to talk to Ev without resorting to insults and mockery, and is more interested in their shared Trill heritage than anything else. This is refreshing to Ev, though the absolute darkness that covers him and the shades make Ev uneasy.
    Much thanks for interpreting Haezon exactly as I intended him to come off as. People rarely notice the sunglasses. Cheap fashion item they are not.

For @Everiine, Haezon can never really consider himself friends with a Serenwilder, but meeting an ex-Seneschal of Serenwilde has made him regard them with much less fanaticism than he has before, and is thankful to Everiine for doing that. He is possibly the only Seren Haezon is capable of having anything close to admiration for due to his position as an ex-leader, something Haezon also inspires to. The fact there are few forest trills doesn't hurt, either.

For @Kurut, Haezon used to regard her as just another friendly Gaudiguch who likes everyone, but after hearing her opinion on the Eaf'Chanoru, suffice to say he's now a less naive about them than he was before. Basically, it's a shame she is a fae-killing lunatic.
    Retired.
  • edited November 2014
    @Haezon is a font of information, a wellspring-resource when it comes to the Arts. Peridot hopes she can create something remotely decent in his eyes, for she would never wish to tarnish the reputation of Glomdoring by making a shoddy performance! She also appreciates him being the first to speak to her of Lady Viravain, and open her eyes to her wonderfulness. 

• Regarding @Everiine, Lillie's perfectly happy to keep her head buried in the sand and pretend that the mounting frequency of awkward silences, brittle smiles and standoffish attitudes is simply a long chain of coincidences that just happen to keep getting worse and it has nothing to do with anything and it's just happenstance and la la la can't hear you over thus lovely family time we're having
    The Necromentate's mind opens to you, and a grotesque, demonic figure appears in your mind's eye, screaming in torment:
    "THE DEMON LORDS CAN NEVER TRULY BE KILLED - GREAT IS THEIR POWER."

You shock a platinum-coloured geomycus with tales of terror bestowed on villages who don't follow Magnagora.
    A platinum-coloured geomycus slaps her knee and declares that, by the gods, Ptoma Hive should follow the Grand Empire of Magnagora after all!
    Shouts rise up from Ptoma Hive, as its denizens loudly pledge themselves to the Grand Empire of Magnagora.

• Don't know @Lillie (maybe someday soon!) so moving up to @Peridot. Niun sees @Peridot as a (slightly) younger self, the same curiosity and eagerness reflected in her that drives Niun. She has high hopes and high expectations for Peridot and would prefer her to be a Shadowdancer... but can't have it all I suppose!
  • Kurut isn't entirely certain what to think about @Niun. On one hand, Kurut thinks she's an interesting person and a potential friend. On the other, Kurut sees her as a spiteful, potentially violent member of Glomdoring and has considered what she might have to do if the alliance fell apart. Potential fighting aside, Kurut appreciates that Niun is not afraid to display her emotions so openly.

Kurut has never met @Lillie, but she is extremely close friends with her wife, @Marcella. Kurut assumes that anyone good enough to garner Marcella's affections is worth being friends with.
    I occasionally like to pretend that I'm replanting all of these herbs to attract bees, and might one day form an alliance with the bees and take over the Basin. Then we could have a wonderful tea party with plenty of honey and the best tea blends.
  • Rialorm knows @Kurut only as that friendly and cheerful tae'dae who'd be handing out food. Based on what I as a player have recently seen, I think that Rialorm is going to be in for a surprise. She'll probably approve however.
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
  • edited November 2014
    Kurut said:
    Kurut has never met @Lillie, but she is extremely close friends with her wife, @Marcella. Kurut assumes that anyone good enough to garner Marcella's affections is worth being friends with.
    Yeah huh! Even before that time in the Necropolis Library Atrium. Right after Lillie got ejected from Serenwilde, Kurut offered consolation at the Aetherplex when Lillie was all mopey and afraid.

Edit: Oh my God @Iari made an account so I can finally talk about her! She should know who my alt is, even if I haven't told her straight up. Starts with an M and likes things without frills.

@Iari is the only person that my alt ever really opened up to, and even then it was just a tiny crack. Said alt secretly admires Iari's perseverance in being civil and even kind towards her, particularly in the face of getting absolutely 0 reciprocation. However, these same traits make Iari come off as kind of a naive dunce in her eyes. All the same, Alt is rather proud that there can be naive dunces in Gaudiguch, because to her it means that she's succeeding in her job of protecting the everyday civilian against the horrors of combat and war and things. There was also that very brief, very blunt, very quickly-buried attempt at romance. Fun, fun.
    The Necromentate's mind opens to you, and a grotesque, demonic figure appears in your mind's eye, screaming in torment:

You shock a platinum-coloured geomycus with tales of terror bestowed on villages who don't follow Magnagora.
    A platinum-coloured geomycus slaps her knee and declares that, by the gods, Ptoma Hive should follow the Grand Empire of Magnagora after all!
    Shouts rise up from Ptoma Hive, as its denizens loudly pledge themselves to the Grand Empire of Magnagora.

Ev loves @Lillie with all his heart and would be devastated if he ever lost her. That love only extends to her, though, which is where his other coldness comes in. He used to be really, really worried about Lillie, and that has dropped off... some... in recent years.

Different person!

Before their first confrontation, Ev knew nothing about @Erebos. After their first confrontation, Ev was left with a bitterness at Erebos's ignorance and misplaced anger. There was nothing he could do about it, though, and shrugged it off.

When he later found out that Erebos might be in trouble, he took pity, and offered counsel to those worried about him. Erebos wasn't a bad Seren--just misguided, and now, in over his head. He wonders if this act is what brought Erebos back into contact with him. Now that they have spoken, he holds Erebos in much, much higher regard, recognizing in him the dual gift/curse of youth that reminds him of himself at a younger age.

• @lillie :You've just shattered my mind with that revelation! Excuse me while I go put all the pieces back together.
  • edited November 2014
    @Everiine:

In the beginning, Erebos held a bitter distaste for Everiine, and trusted him less than he would a Magnagoran.  This was either because of a news post, or the feeling he indirectly attacked his faith.

When he came to Everiine, admittedly it was a random act.  He went to him, because earlier in the 'Weave', he was speaking with a Kimusuna within the Kui, and in realizing the guy had a lot of inner resentment towards himself, Erebos told him, "Stop hating yourself and everyone else- you're loved, and you should realize the difference....wow, I should listen to my own advice..."

And so he did.  Now he holds Everiine on high regards, and it has slowly shifted him from a path of broad wrath to something more targeted.

@Iari:

Sadface.  Erebos loved her to death- not in the romantic sense, though.  He just really enjoyed hanging out with her, and was serious when he told her he wished that the Gaudiguchian-Serenwilde problems would resolve.  The fact she drove him back after he tried to, in his eyes, save her from attack scarred him a bit, emotionally, and has caused a lot of the problems he has, now.

@Kurut:

Dude, Erebos is amazed by this woman.  She's so strange, so....I don't know, but Erebos genuinely enjoys what little interaction they end up having!  He sure does wish he could convince her to come home to the Wilde, though!
    #WillNeverStopTrying

@Selenity:

Dude, hands down, one of Ere's favorite people.  Ever.

• SelenitySelenity My first MC to stay in Serenwilde
    edited November 2014
    Erebos said:

@Selenity:

Dude, hands down, one of Ere's favorite people.  Ever.

Selenity loves @Erebos to bits, though being her brother helps a lot in that regard. She feels that out of all her siblings, he's the one who is maturing the slowest, though she doesn't hold that against him. Though he and a number of others feel the urge to protect Selenity, Selenity has a tendency to go out of her way to protect others, just not in the way that uses her lyre. @Erebos is one of the targets of such protecting, and sneakily at that. She hopes to see @Erebos grow into the fierce, well-tempered Aslaran she knows he can be that will one day be among the leaders of those who fight.

EDIT: It's been 20 days, I can totally do Everiine's again

@Everiine was originally the leader of the forest and a really cute old guy to her, just absolutely adorable. Well, he's not the leader anymore, but he's still adorable to her. More importantly, she considers him part of her family. She has come to trust him greatly and values his opinion in more ways than one. She also worries about him a lot, and hopes that he will find much happiness in the forest even if his wife isn't there all the time.
  • QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    Qistrel is very fond of @Selenity and admires her because she is a good writer. She wants to ask writing advice of Selenity, but us too scared because her (Qistrel's) book is rather violent and depressing, and Selenity seems very sweet.

Qistrel is worried about @Erebos. She sees similarities between him and some of her former friends who left the forest out of frustration with some of Serenwilde's ingrained prejudices. She wants to help him, but does not know how to.

• SelenitySelenity My first MC to stay in Serenwilde
    Qistrel said:
    Qistrel is very fond of @Selenity and admires her because she is a good writer. She wants to ask writing advice of Selenity, but us too scared because her (Qistrel's) book is rather violent and depressing, and Selenity seems very sweet.

Though just getting to know @Qistrel, Selenity already is pretty fond of her. Qistrel is the sort of person who lights up pretty much wherever she is, from what she's seen, and seems to be completely aware of herself. The fact Qistrel knows who she is and is in such control of herself makes Selenity hope that, even if Qistrel and one of her family members seem to be at odds at times, Qistrel will teach said family member to also be in control of themself, or at least aware of themself. She hopes nothing but the best for Qistrel, and would be glad to help her with writing, if only she asked.
  • Lillie harbored a gigantic crush on @Qistrel for many, many years. A shame that she was removed from Serenwilde just when Qistrel was starting to awaken again; who knows how differently things might have gone if Lillie's heartstrings had been anchored in a Seren rather than a Magnagoran!

• edited November 2014
    @Qistrel seduce @Lillie and bring him/her back to the forest! 
    is dead like the dodo