Perceptions of Characters: Forums reloaded

Comments

• @Everiine: Says hi over CT.  Must get to know better.

@Erebos: Kind of thought he was a putz at first.  Having had a few talks, including the "meet the brothers" one with him and Atlair, Erebos is starting to grow on Mamoru.  He has hopes about developing a decent friendship with him.

@Qistrel: Has said hi.  Disagrees with her completely about feathers.

@Selenity: Can be a bit silly at times, seems to be shouldering the burden of having folks look up to her well.  She's obviously talented across multiple disciplines, he hopes he can live up to her expectations of him.
  • SelenitySelenity My first MC to stay in Serenwilde
    Mamoru said:
    @Selenity: Can be a bit silly at times, seems to be shouldering the burden of having folks look up to her well.  She's obviously talented across multiple disciplines, he hopes he can live up to her expectations of him.
    For one who RPs so well and includes so much text in your emotes, you'd think you'd type more for these! Ah well. :D

Selenity has not-so-secretly decided @Mamoru is her forever-guy and wants him to continue doing his best at everything he does, from the Shofangi to being a member of the Serenwilde. Though she never asks for it, he often helps her out, and this is a quality she hopes that he will continue to have with not just her, but with others, though she hopes he won't lose himself in the process. She thinks he could one day be really good at teaching those younger than them... or... less mature, at least. She is glad that he has not been chased away by her family yet, or by her (on accident), and hopes he'll stick around for a very, very, very long time.
  • edited November 2014
    Right. Gotten my mind stitched back together, so, here we go again.

@Xeria: Iari finds Xeria confusing. She seems passionate about the Shofangi, but can't seem to explain why in terms Iari can understand properly. Still, she respects passion in all its forms, even when it seems inexplicable. Perhaps especially then. So to her Xeria is alright.

@Lillie: Aforementioned alt was, and is, one of Iari's favourite people of all time. She's steadfastly and doggedly determined to crack him/her open like the tough nut he/she is. She's certain that there's a heart of gold there, and is more than happy to make time for him/her.

@Qistrel: We've not interacted. This should be fixed.

@Erebos‌: Iari is disappointed/heartbroken with regards to Erebos. She had been very pleased to make a young friend in him, and was crushed when he joined In attacking part of her home. What makes things worse in her eyes(?) is his ridiculous justification for the attack, and sincerely believes that his 'attempt to save her from attack' was more of an attempt to soothe a guilty conscience at being involved in something he knew was wrong, which only compounds the matter further. She believes that if he had truly been a friend he would have spoken with her about things, and gotten her side of the story before going ahead and attacking. All of that said, however, and in spite of how she responded, chances are if they spoke again she'd forgive him.

More later. Maybe?

Edit: Aaah! Tablet spacing!
    Edit2: Drat it all. It should be fixed this time.
    With an exasperated sigh, you say, "One moment please, I'm threatening a muffin in a box!"
  • edited November 2014
    @Qistrel:

Mystery.  Erebos doesn't know what to make of her.  She is nice, but he feels she secretly doesn't like Llemrai, so this causes issues.

@Xeria:

Ha. Complete moron.  Should be killed on sight.

@Lillie:

Who're you?

@Mamoru:

Man, Erebos likes this one!  Such great RP, such emotes.  I love it!  Alas, I smell an Aetolian, and that makes me, as a player, a bit uneasy at times. :P
  • edited November 2014
    mods please delete this. THis was in the wrong thread. 
    is dead like the dodo
  • @Erebos: I dabble in Aetolia.  Nothing too serious serious/well known over there.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    @Llewell had a crush on @Qistrel too, but doesn't think Qistrel is into men. So llewell is a sad panda badgerkin. Qistrel is just apparently universally liked.

Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    Wow...I had no idea my severely-depressed beetle-loving coltsfoot-smoking Qistrel was so well liked.

Funnily enough, Qistrel would have been all over @Llewell back when they first met, if she wasn't head-over-heels for someone at the time. Sadly, he is no longer elfen, but a badger. With fur. Fur is ew.

Qistrel never quite knew what to make of @Lillie. He was interesting, but creepy. She sadly remembers him as one of her many friends who fell to the evil corruption of anywhere-that-isn't-Serenwilde.

From their brief meetings Qistrel thinks that @Mamoru is a rather decent fellow. And anyone who Selenity likes must be pretty great right?

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Qistrel said:
    Wow...I had no idea my severely-depressed beetle-loving coltsfoot-smoking Qistrel was so well liked.

Funnily enough, Qistrel would have been all over @Llewell back when they first met, if she wasn't head-over-heels for someone at the time. Sadly, he is no longer elfen, but a badger. With fur. Fur is ew.
    He's secretly a faeling >.>
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • The playa you love to hate
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Everiine has never been particularly close to the Elder Gods. He puts much more of his attention and effort into the Great Spirits. But, @Lisaera has shown him that he can't just lump all the Elder Gods together. Some are more noble, more protective, and more compassionate and others, and he puts Lisaera in that category. He never before sought as much counsel from an Elder God as he has Lisaera, and the care She showed him has left a lasting impact. He fears that such counsel will no longer be forthcoming, and to his surprise, he is saddened by it.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Hey I'd love to see some divine thoughts on characters too!

Posting on behalf of an alt because no one I know ever posts.

@Qistrel - said alt adores Qistrel. They always found her to be a great listener and confidant, and loved how indulgent Qistrel was of their quirks and tastes. They did wonder at Qistrel's taste at times however, not being particularly fond of her wife at the time, but always brushed it off as one of those life mysteries that was to never be understood. Qistrel always struck them as wise and filled with a quiet strength and sternness that lay underneath her exterior kindness.

• QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    Noooo, now I need to know who this alt is....

• Qistrel said:
    Noooo, now I need to know who this alt is....

That's me, hello.
    /trolloff
    The playa you love to hate
  • A new acquaintance outside of the Forest, @Drakius is an ambitious, albeit young humanling. This ambition wouldn't normally pluck Peridot as odd  but, coupled with his citizenship to Gaudiguch, it proves particularly curious. While part of her admires his desire to uplift his guild as its new master, it is all that she can do to stop herself from prodding him about the inner workings of a city she once believed to be a very clear-cut ally to Glomdoring. She's learned from books and her most-trusted mentors that alliances can be shaky, at best. 

In short, Peridot will enjoy bothering the city of Gaudiguch and Drakius whilst still be a wary-butt.

• Drakius doesn't dislike @Peridot‌ and her questions at all. In her conversation with Niun he commented it was nice to see youth who, quote, "seem to give a shit." So Peridot keep giving a shit, we need more like you.
  • Ery hasn't met @Drakius but has seen him in passing. Right now he regards him with mild curiousity. He does find @Peridot very amusing, yes-yes.
    The drone, the whistle, the thundrous sound;
    It seared their eyes, it shook the ground.
    One hundred thousand voices lift,
    While ashes like dirty snowfall drift.

The clouds of purple glowing gas,
    The tiny sun is rising fast.
    Your star...
    Is on the rise.
  • edited November 2014
    Not hard to find me, I'm usually open to talk to. Unless I'm hiding in my guild hall, then I may not be responsive

• Drakius
    said:
    Gods should totes post perceptions on other gods 
    Nah it's pretty obvious that with the exceptions of Magnagoran ones (4 of the 12 traitors) they regard the others as 'worthy opponents' as it were. Example like Yomoigu backing up Viravain when she was shouting at Arcanis, or the humorous discussions Divine have with each other, vis a vis Isune, Carakhan and Mysrai (Catfight)

In short, all the Divine hate the traitors, and all the traitors think the others are weak. If you want to learn perceptions, giving the histories a good ol' read is pretty useful. Eventru was once Fain's friend, for example, but after the war they are now mortal enemies, with each despising the other.
    Retired.
  • Haezon said:

Drakius
    said:
    Nah it's pretty obvious that with the exceptions of Magnagoran ones (4 of the 12 traitors) they regard the others as 'worthy opponents' as it were. Example like Yomoigu backing up Viravain when she was shouting at Arcanis, or the humorous discussions Divine have with each other, vis a vis Isune, Carakhan and Mysrai (Catfight)

In short, all the Divine hate the traitors, and all the traitors think the others are weak. If you want to learn perceptions, giving the histories a good ol' read is pretty useful. Eventru was once Fain's friend, for example, but after the war they are now mortal enemies, with each despising the other.
    Some godly perceptions might surprise you! We put a lot of thought in how our individual Divine interact with one another. We have brainstorming sessions and everything. It's more fun to ask about it or witness it IG, trust us. ;)
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Isune said:
    Some godly perceptions might surprise you! We put a lot of thought in how our individual Divine interact with one another. We have brainstorming sessions and everything. It's more fun to ask about it or witness it IG, trust us. ;)
    I might as well go here being that I don't really bother that much with perceptions. With some minor exceptions, of course, but those don't really matter all that much.

Elanorwen thinks Isune is the best. A combination of an excellent artist, an attentive Divine and a great sense of humor. Especially when the play with the Portius doll happened, it showed both a great deal of perception and attention to detail when pertaining to members of the Order. It is possibly the biggest reason Elanorwen will forever be with Hallifax and the order.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • Isune said:
    Haezon said:

Drakius
    said:

It does look it, especially when there's a three-way shouting match between them. But I think more need to happen, they are very entertaining. And I just want @Viravain or some other Glomdoring god to get involved too :(.

I know these things ebb, but right now, I sad.
    Retired.
  • Haezon said:
    Isune said:
    Haezon said:

Drakius
    said:

It does look it, especially when there's a three-way shouting match between them. But I think more need to happen, they are very entertaining. And I just want @Viravain or some other Glomdoring god to get involved too :(.

Don't be sad! You have three wonderful Divine in @Shikari, @Nocht, and @Viravain. It's just a difficult time of year for a lot of people. Hang in there. Keep in mind also that Glom gods are historically a lot quieter than other Divine, so sometimes you need to be the one to initiate contact. Nocht is called 'the Silent' for a reason, after all. :D
  • Isune said:
    Haezon said:
    Isune said:
    Haezon said:

Drakius
    said:

Don't be sad! You have three wonderful Divine in @Shikari, @Nocht, and @Viravain. It's just a difficult time of year for a lot of people. Hang in there. Keep in mind also that Glom gods are historically a lot quieter than other Divine, so sometimes you need to be the one to initiate contact. Nocht is called 'the Silent' for a reason, after all. :D
    Going to take a moment to speak purely OOC and frank here since the topic was brought up, but what are correct ways to initiate contact, and what if you simple (do not seem to) get a response? I started with an Order new post because presently none log in that can advance which means some that do want to advance are stuck as it were, and that can / possibly will eventually result in players leaving or not even considering joining.

I tried prayers, fulcrux camping (making my presence known and sitting down to meditate a while), eventually an OOC message and a forum PM. I got an answer to the last but honestly I feel pretty bad about having done that because I feel as if I've crossed some border there and also put unneeded pressure.

Now I know Divine have a lot of administrative duties, but having spoken with other players I've noticed I am not the only one who sometimes gets the impression that Orders are a secondary concern. I say impression because I don't think that this is true, more likely that Orders take some work and time and when that isn't there it is sometimes better to err on the side of caution and do nothing. But on the other hand Orders are a big thing of the game, I'd put them third after org and guild. It is quite likely it is my own fault for putting that much importance on an Order, possibly not helped by the fact I have a tendency to have characters who are pretty big on their religion. But it does, at times, also make me a little sad.

And I'm sorry @Nocht, this isn't meant to be a public attack so I hope it doesn't seem as such :( You responded to my PM and that's cool. I still feel real bad for pestering like that. Fwiw, I do it because I care.

To end on a positive note though and stick with the subject, I agree that Glom has some pretty cool Divine! My few interactions with @Viravain I was totally in awe, Ria does not want for Her to have to use that scythe, she likes her head well attached to the rest of her body. Not interacted with @Shikari I think... but I've ideas on how to change that. Ria's daddy was in the Order after all. And @Nocht, well, He's the one who's teaching suit Ria the best. Plus she always saw @Tacita as her example in life.
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
  • Prayer is a great way to start, but sometimes folks lack inspiration. Gods are people too! A lot of times, if you get a response at all, it's just a direction to their OH or Avatar instead. And that is a great next step to take. After all, everybody and their mothers pray to the Gods, at one point or another.

Go for Order RPs with Order members. Sometimes They even surprise you, interrupting conversations and rituals and stuff! Nocht is especially awesome like that because you will -never- expect him coming whenever it is he deigns to show up. And virtually every time it's super startling, like you're caught with your pants down. I think he waits to catch people off guard. :D

Mayor Steingrim, the Grand Schema says to you, "Well, as I recall you kinda leave a mark whereever you go."
  • POW POW SHOTS FIRED
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    BANG BANG ALL OVER YOU
  • @Yomoigu is a very interesting character, but especially the mobs that are also related to him.

Not only was it hilariously awesome and unexpected that Marcella basically told Yomoigu his own precepts when Yomoigu asked her what she thought the ideal way of life was (which is basically the only reason Marcella would have ever joined a God's order, yay for new experiences) , he also has the exact same trepidation about moderation that Marcella has. 
    While she hasn't talked to him as much as she would like to, she *has* had a lot of experience distracting Yiraxi so she can get recap-- I mean, receiving Yiraxi politely and trying to keep the mysterious clockwork dragon happy. Not only that, but Tubal Cain is simply a delight because he's so hilariously Magnagoran in both demeanor and form, and also *maybe* an expy of something from one of my favorite sci-fi universes. Marcella basically has not had to change a single thing about herself to fit perfectly into Yomoigu's ethos except for not *overtly* hating Mysrai anymore - one of her planned future talks is going to be on the topic of *why* he still keeps any ties with his cousin, what on earth is relatable between them, etc. Part of the point of joining the Order is to prove to Yomoigu that Magnagorans have enough discipline to not be like anyone who goes 'mad with power' and way too far with things, like he fears...  which...might be a problem seeing as how she's not Magnagoran anymore, but...
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    edited December 2014
    Everiine despises @Marcella with more hatred than he thought he had in him. This is unfortunate, because their conversations have always been polite. She doesn't seem like all that bad a person, especially now that she isn't a Magnagoran anymore. He sees in her a sense of loyalty and practically which, under different circumstances, he would admire.

But it's her fault. It's all her fault. And he can't bring himself to even consider forgiving her. He believes that he will hate her for the rest of her life or the rest of his,whichever is longer.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.