Perceptions of Characters: Forums reloaded

Comments

• SelenitySelenity My first MC to stay in Serenwilde
    Yomoigu said:
    @Darvellan‌ isn't a worthy anything X(
    @Yomoigu falls on the list of Divine Selenity does not like. This list is extremely exclusive and so far only contains one other divine: Fain. After her initial meeting with Yomoigu when she was being TESTED FOR ORDER TASKS AND HE JUST TOTALLY CRASHED THAT LIKE "Yo what's up I heard you're testing I think you will be interrupted now and throw off your groove" AND THEN HAD @Marcella RUN IN RIGHT AFTER AND THEN @MORSHOTH... her opinion of Him went down. (I know ooc that it was pure coincidence their appearing at the same time, but as for Selenity, she thinks He was calling in the cavalry to pick on her @Darvellan!) And then Marcella sent out that pamphlet belittling both Darvellan and Lisaera and...

... Selenity does not like Yomoigu. Yomoigu likely doesn't want her to like Him. If He did He'd have to work at it hardcore. Super hardcore.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Whoa whoa. You don't even know Fain, why don't you like Him?
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    Shaddus said:
    Whoa whoa. You don't even know Fain, why don't you like Him?
    He hates Elfen and Lisaera, good enough.
    She cheated on him with a four legged freak, betrayed him, and used him. I'd hate her too.

#forumrp

Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    He wouldn't be if the weaker, lazier gods hadn't thrown him into the void for doing what he thought he had to do to keep the Soulless at bay. :P
  • Lisaera is a bad lady. She is a heart breaker tut tut
    The playa you love to hate
  • Drakius said:
    Lisaera is a bad lady. She is a heart breaker tut tut
    Everyone's a critic. 
  • I don't see the difference...
    The one on the bottom has two arms.
  • Lisaera said:
    Drakius said:
    Lisaera is a bad lady. She is a heart breaker tut tut
    Everyone's a critic. 

We love our crazy-as-all-get-out-split-personality-nature-Goddess though :)
    The playa you love to hate
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Back to Perceptions!
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
    Well, since we have Lisaera and Darvellan here now...

@Lisaera was the first divine that Selenity met. While she has a connection to Lisaera in many ways, least of all her family, she did not feel called to be a Lisae, especially since one of the Lisae said to her that it's more important to join an Order filled with people than it is to necessarily feel connected to their Divine. Selenity has a lot of respect for Lisaera, for all the difficulties She went through, all the loss She went through, and the fact She can still show a brave, strong face to the Basin despite everything that's happened to Her and those She loved. Though not a follower, she believes it is important to help Her out, and should a task be brought to the Serenwilde by order of Lisaera or to help Her, Selenity is one of the first non-Lisae to answer that call.

As for her patron, @Darvellan, Selenity has nothing but love. As typical with her, until she is wholly comfortable with herself around a person (or deity!) she admires, she spent most of their beginning interactions fumbling through words and stuttering, but being comfortable with Him, is able to speak normal again. Unless he compliments her too heavily. She trusts Him and trusts in Him and His teachings, to the point of using them to help others. If He were to vanish from the Basin, she would likely be shattered. He is one of the few people who she feels has "seen" her, and the only divine she feels to have done so. If He were to tell her that it would be good for Him if she killed herself back into Newton, she'd do so. Her trust in Him is absolute, whether or not it should be, and it is this trust in Him that helps her get through her days.
  • edited December 2014
    Might as well respond here, though my gut tells me it's probably the worst idea possible.

@Everiine is seen by Altrea as somebody with a solid head on his shoulders, one of the few people in Serenwilde who listens to reason. Altrea's dislike of Serenwilde was increased greatly when she noticed a known raider of the realm of Mysrai, and the wife of one of the most prominent ones, replaced Everiine as Seneschal, cementing in her mind that the northern forest had no respect for the wisdom of their own elders, let alone ideas of even uneasy peace.

EDIT: Since @Selenity ninja-posted before me... Altrea does not actually know @Selenity, but through the use of the True Crown of D'Varsha, she realises Selenity might be more willing to talk of peace than the war council held by Serenwilde now. However, Selenity's known shunning of Iari is a concern and makes Altrea reluctant to approach Selenity in aany way whatsoever.
  • Kurut loves @Altrea as any wife should, but she is still somewhat cautious around her. Kurut spies on many people, as is her job, and her time spent spying on Altrea has revealed her to be almost -too- reasonable. This makes Kurut suspicious of potential ulterior motives, and leads her to keep a closer eye on her wife more often than she does others, be it by ribbachi, personal conversation or even eavesdropping. Suspicions and spying aside, she loves her wife dearly and considers her a good friend.
    I occasionally like to pretend that I'm replanting all of these herbs to attract bees, and might one day form an alliance with the bees and take over the Basin. Then we could have a wonderful tea party with plenty of honey and the best tea blends.
    Altrea said:
    Might as well respond here, though my gut tells me it's probably the worst idea possible.

@Everiine is seen by Altrea as somebody with a solid head on his shoulders, one of the few people in Serenwilde who listens to reason. Altrea's dislike of Serenwilde was increased greatly when she noticed a known raider of the realm of Mysrai, and the wife of one of the most prominent ones, replaced Everiine as Seneschal, cementing in her mind that the northern forest had no respect for the wisdom of their own elders, let alone ideas of even uneasy peace.

EDIT: Since @Selenity ninja-posted before me... Altrea does not actually know @Selenity, but through the use of the True Crown of D'Varsha, she realises Selenity might be more willing to talk of peace than the war council held by Serenwilde now. However, Selenity's known shunning of Iari is a concern and makes Altrea reluctant to approach Selenity in aany way whatsoever.
    Ah, but you see Altrea, we have met in-game briefly!

Selenity remembers @Altrea as one of the people who, when dealing with a particularly trying Pure Chime who insisted on being rude and using foul language at the aetherplex, told Selenity the novice wasn't worth the trouble or time. Which Selenity remembers rather strongly and fondly, as well as for the other people who were present that day. If it weren't for the eafs, Selenity would likely be willing to engage with Altrea in conversation, or Iari, or any of the Gaudiguchians. But because of the eafs and Altrea living in a city that supports their creation, Selenity will likely never engage Altrea in conversation. If Altrea shows herself to be someone against the creation of the eafs and shows herself as someone who is genuinely interested in conversation, Selenity may be willing to bend and talk with her. A little. Maybe.
  • Xeltha thinks @Kurut is the best person ever, since she bailed her out of problematic situations a couple of times and has helped her whenever she asked, and so would do the same for Kurut should she ever need Xeltha's help. She's always happy to see her and finds her to be extremely weird.

@Drakius she is amused by, and enjoys talking to, but she thinks that she is imposing on him with her inexperience and cluelessness despite his saying otherwise.

She's not at all sure what to think of @Eritheyl or @Xaldrin but thinks their relationship is cute in its own strange and violent way. Xaldrin keeps her on edge since she doesn't know how he thinks and Eritheyl makes cute little flesh creatures.
  • @Kurut gives Marcella hope for the resurgence of mugwumps maybe some day, along with @Delphas.

Mugwumps are great.
  • Marcella said:
    @Kurut gives Marcella hope for the resurgence of mugwumps maybe some day, along with @Delphas.

Mugwumps are great.
    Delphas loves Marcella, but has his own problems at the moment.  I hope Kurut is in better straights, but the role of a GA seems to invoke scuh troubles.
    </RANT>
  • This isn't directed at any particular race, but I sometimes wonder why greatest champions are either Feral or Amphibian.  The words of Dr. Richard Bartle ring in my head (for obvious reasons) ``if everyon selects the same X, then freely give everyone the same X and look at the choices again''.  If everyone starts as furrikin (or becomes one via changeling cameo) then either reallocate the benefits, or give everyone those self-same benefits.
    Yes it hurts my ``play'', and yes it hurts my ``game'', but if I'm the only mugwump in the RWHO scroll (because everyone else is a changeling with cloaking gem, or otherwise), what decision have I truly made for being a Mugwump?
    Give to all the races (or strip from all the races) whatever benefits the ``popular'' races have and you shall truly see if they are balanced.  No one plays an orclach? Clearly some boon must be gifted.  Everyone plays a faeling? Clearly some boon must be nerfed.   Yeah, no one will take this seriously since it is not directed at any specific character, but instead inspired from the general comment above, and also because it might very well nerf the character to whom I have dedicated myself, but if everyone chooses just one of two or three races then what choice is there truly to be had?
    </RANT>
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    @Delphas! He was the first Nihilist to take novice Lavinya under her wing (and clueless player) and teach her about proper decorum and how to be a proper Magnagoran. Lavinya has nothing but the highest regard for Delphas, considering him her favourite brother. She thinks he was born to be Mystagogue, with his passion for not only helping novices but ensuring the Nihilists don't become uneducated and forget their purpose. She has a close bond with him and often leans on him for support when times are frustrating and knows that he will always deliver with just the right words to ease her. She is fiercely loyal to him and can't abide anyone being negative towards him. Hands down one of her most favourite people, who still amuses her with his dry sense of humour and bizarre bouts of bashfulness after 130 years of friendship.

• EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Delphas said:
    This isn't directed at any particular race, but I sometimes wonder why greatest champions are either Feral or Amphibian.  The words of Dr. Richard Bartle ring in my head (for obvious reasons) ``if everyon selects the same X, then freely give everyone the same X and look at the choices again''.  If everyone starts as furrikin (or becomes one via changeling cameo) then either reallocate the benefits, or give everyone those self-same benefits.
    Yes it hurts my ``play'', and yes it hurts my ``game'', but if I'm the only mugwump in the RWHO scroll (because everyone else is a changeling with cloaking gem, or otherwise), what decision have I truly made for being a Mugwump?
    Give to all the races (or strip from all the races) whatever benefits the ``popular'' races have and you shall truly see if they are balanced.  No one plays an orclach? Clearly some boon must be gifted.  Everyone plays a faeling? Clearly some boon must be nerfed.   Yeah, no one will take this seriously since it is not directed at any specific character, but instead inspired from the general comment above, and also because it might very well nerf the character to whom I have dedicated myself, but if everyone chooses just one of two or three races then what choice is there truly to be had?
    Wrong thread, perhaps?
  • If the call to all mugwump is off topic, then I guess I am too.  Even if the call to all mugwump is not, perhaps I still am but I'm not sure what the proper topic is? Perhaps a new topic? Ugh. So hard to make such decisions for someone used to the hierarchical structure of newsgroups rather than the linear thread of fora (I hear the kids don't know the plural of ``forum'' is ``fora'', so they call them ``foraums'').
    </RANT>
  • MunsiaMunsia The Supreme Goddess
    So I'm just determining that Delphas is as weird RL as he is IG....
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Weird is one way to put it, but I don't think I've met @Delphas IC. I remember something coming up with him when Seren and Mag were allied, but not what it was.
  • @Enyalida there was a joint-festival proposed while Delphas served as Cultural Minister about 29 Real World months ago. I rather thought things went swimmingly.
    </RANT>
  • @delphas is someone who Nelras trusts, even though their beliefs differ so greatly. He recognizes that Delphas is strong in his faith and is willing to ask questions and explore what he is taught. That makes Nelras respect him far more than if he blindly followed what he is told.

On the other hand, Nelras is always somewhat uneasy after talking to Delphas due to the strength of his faith and his success in Magnagora. He makes Nelras wonder what would have happened if a few things in his past had been different.
  • @Nelras

Just another example of how it's always the people Marcella likes who get the hell out of town as fast as they can. Just that this one got seduced out by some disgustingly naive Celestian. #Betrayal