Perceptions of Characters: Forums reloaded

Comments

• edited July 2014
    Xeria doesn't like @Haezon. She's only had two interactions with him. Both times they made her head hurt. Something about "serenwilde is being a righteous prick" and how "serenwilde are righteous like the Celestians". Which is not true. She vaguely remembers asking @Hiriako to teach @Haezon properly because he was, at -that- time, acting like a young idiot. 

Since then, she's never spoken to him. 

is dead like the dodo
  • edited July 2014
    Xeria said:
    Xeria doesn't like @aHezon. She's only had two interactions with him. Both times they made her head hurt. Something about "serenwilde is being a righteous prick" and how "serenwilde are righteous like the Celestians". Which is not true. She vaguely remembers asking @Hiriako to teach @Haezon properly because he was, at -that- time, acting like a young idiot. 

Since then, she's never spoken to him. 

You forgot the gargoyle thing.

Haezon has no special thoughts on @Xeria as he's forgotten those past conversations and just thinks of her as another Seren that needs to see sense. He won't nbe sending her another poem though.
    Retired.
  • Ah right, @Haezon. Never trust a wyrdling to not lie.
    is dead like the dodo
  • I miss hat-giver... I mean, @Xeria... there are times when RP choices lead to annoying consequences that are hard to undo. Xeria is one example. But before that, Kethaera thought of her as amusing, strangely friendly for a Serenwilder, and completely wrong about everything. That, and offering to make clothing/break trade laws for Xeria(but then never actually doing it) was a fun game. Given that I didn't really need the gold, I was thinking of coming up with more creative ways to trade. But, alas, Xeria found a different tailor anyway.

Still: "Will sew clothes in exchange for roleplay."
    "Chairwoman," Princess Setisoki states, holding up a hand in a gesture for her to stop and returning the cup. "That would be quite inappropriate. One of the males will serve me."
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Lavinya found @Xeria to be confusing, perplexing and than outright rude, the one time they interacted. She thought she was ill-mannered and lacking in any sort of social polish. She didn't believe it was honest confusion on Xeria's part when she claimed to think Lavinya was a man, but instead thought it an incredibly rude and deliberate attempt to bait her, for some unknown reason. That she at least seemed a little apologetic after Lavinya walked out was slightly mollifying, but Lavinya was not impressed in general.

• Xeria said:
    Ah right, @Haezon. Never trust a wyrdling to not lie.
    I'm not a Wyrdling, I'm a normal human person? Glomdoring and Lusternia are fictional.
    Retired.
  • All the wyrdling does is eat stuff and let people hang in his tummy. Why u gotta be h8? :(
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    edited July 2014
    Nihta said:
    All the wyrdling does is eat stuff and let people hang in his tummy. Why u gotta be h8? :(
    Siam likes @Nihta Alot. Right, @Vivet?
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Tarkenton initially thought @Siam was a fairly decent person, mostly stemming from the second hand interactions he heard about him from @Diniah.  Then, when Siam had wished something published in Glom's library, and Tarkenton wasn't willing to go beyond the boundaries then established by Glomdoring's librarian, he turned into a bully making vague threats and attempting to throw his weight around as one of Viravain's folks.  That interaction soured any goodwill Tarkenton had for Siam.  Though, to be honest, he rather did enjoy getting to drop a meteor on Siam's head.  Multiple times.

Tarkenton is still fond of @Kethaera, despite his leaving Glomdoring.  She was one of the few individuals who desired to speak to him and Diniah after, and discover the reasoning that went into their migration from Glomdoring to Gaudiguch.  They haven't spoken since, though not out of any desire not to on Tarkenton's part, but mostly because their wakings do not seem to have coincided in quite some time.  Not exactly friends, in Tarkenton's eyes, but their interactions and relationship seemed to be heading that way to him.
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    Tarkenton said:
    Tarkenton initially thought @Siam was a fairly decent person, mostly stemming from the second hand interactions he heard about him from @Diniah.  Then, when Siam had wished something published in Glom's library, and Tarkenton wasn't willing to go beyond the boundaries then established by Glomdoring's librarian, he turned into a bully making vague threats and attempting to throw his weight around as one of Viravain's folks.  That interaction soured any goodwill Tarkenton had for Siam.  Though, to be honest, he rather did enjoy getting to drop a meteor on Siam's head.  Multiple times.

Tarkenton is still fond of @Kethaera, despite his leaving Glomdoring.  She was one of the few individuals who desired to speak to him and Diniah after, and discover the reasoning that went into their migration from Glomdoring to Gaudiguch.  They haven't spoken since, though not out of any desire not to on Tarkenton's part, but mostly because their wakings do not seem to have coincided in quite some time.  Not exactly friends, in Tarkenton's eyes, but their interactions and relationship seemed to be heading that way to him.
    It's rare for my character to resort to this, but it was fuuuuun. 
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• Astraea thinks @Siam is absolutely insane, but hasn't heard very much of him in some time and so she's been idly wondering about him as of late.

She thinks @Tarkenton was a symptom of a larger problem that necessitated her return to official power of the Nightshade Dynasty. She views the departure of he and his wife as a weakness of those unwilling to fully dedicate themselves to the Wyrd, and incapable of following through. Astraea is not insane, however, and fully understands the manifold reasons that may have contributed to that decision, but simply can't comprehend anyone willingly removing themselves from the Wyrd. Outside of that, she had a slew of good interactions with Tarkenton and prized his wit and willingness to stand up to @Celina.

Astraea likes how eager @Haezon is, though she does find he gets himself into trouble from time to time, but honestly views it as a fun little quirk and in a world where much of Astraea's emotions are muted or tied up in worship to Mother Night, Haezon has carved out a nice little niche for himself in her life.

@Kethaera‌, in Astraea's opinion, is the second coming of Tacita and she is quite excited to get to know her better, but at the same time has kept a distance from a majority of the rest of the commune in the aftermath of recent events that saw a good chunk of Nightshades jump ship from family and/or commune.

@Nihta‌ is just flat out awesome in Ast's opinion, and Astraea has really liked her for a long long time and really looked at her as someone she can trust and rely on for anything.
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Hooboy...

@Astrea was an excellent person for him to get to know initially.  Civilized, enjoyed a cup of tea, and was a great person for conversation.  His and her wakings didn't coincide all that often, but he enjoyed the times that the two of them shared together chatting.  He was, however, constantly wary of her motivations and intent behind her actions.  After an incident involving @Yarith and her, he began to view her as a matriarch who cared little for the opinion or desire of those under her if she had a goal or plan in mind for them.  Coupled with what to him seemed to be a double standard regarding the treatment of @Malarious compared to @Celina, for actions that to him seemed to have no difference in intent nor outcome, this spurred him to begin thinking of returning to his former home aka Gaudiguch.  Though he followed the Shadowdancer's laws regarding leaving the guild, she still decided to brand him and his wife and son as enemies of Night as well as of the Shadowdancers, which then led to her wife branding them all enemies of Viravain.  He found this to be petty of her, and any respect that he held for her or the Shadowdancer leadership disappeared with those actions.

All in all, Tarkenton sees Astraea as a large part of the reason he decided that seeking out another guild to call his own within Glomdoring wasn't for him.  Viravain was another, and his view of how the Court conducted their business was the last.  He does miss his tea and talks with her, but there's plenty of folks in Gaudiguch that have fulfilled his desire to engage in such.
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    @Nihta is Celina's prized student, perhaps lacking somewhat a natural affinity for leadership, but efficient, sharp witted, deadly, and unquestioningly loyal. The perfect Heiress as far as Celina is concerned, and a worthy choice should Celina ever step down. She holds Nihta in high esteem and though she's never expressed it, has a great deal of trust invested in Nihta. The only student Celina has ever taken on that she believes could surpass her in time, if she were not so aimless at times. Either way, Celina takes comfort in knowing that Nihta is her Heiress and her presence secures her legacy upon the Throne of Darkness.

@Haezon is...odd. Celina knows little of him, though they have spoken a few times, only that he is eager to please and not afraid of challenging work. He seems somewhat lost, unsure of what his path within the Glomdoring is, and despite his best efforts has failed to get on Viravain's good side, which Celina regards with a distant amusement. She knows Astraea sees something in him, and that is enough for Celina. At the very least, he has expressing an unwavering loyalty, something the Nightshades (and former Nightshades) have lacked lately, and a certain reverence for those that lead the forest through triumph and hardship. If for no other reason, these things make her pleased she has accepted him as kin.

@Tarkenton was a part of a cancerous cell of Nightshades that, by Celina's account, lacked the true qualities of a servant of Glomdoring. They were ruled by their emotions, endlessly pursued love and the affections of others, required outside affirmation, and were empathetic and merciful. It was of no particular surprise to Celina that Malarious's brood spread like a love driven fungus in her and her wife's absence, but Astraea and Celina never made it a secret that they ruled the dynasty with an iron fist, and Aislynn was a figurehead gifted a position by the matriarchs of the family. She was, however, bewildered that they all acted so shocked by this reality when she returned. She and Astraea are the modern day architects of the existing Nightshade family and the lack of reverence and respect for tradition this branch of the family showed earned her ire. The way Tarkenton and Diniah quipped at her and their tendency to display their affection for one another in public was but the tip of the proverbial iceberg. She had warned Astraea of the seed of Malarious, and she watched it blossom gruesomely before her eyes. In the end, Tarkenton, and incidentally his wife, did exactly as she expected. They abandoned the Glomdoring when their familial unit was challenged, proving beyond a shadow of a doubt that this group was only part of Glomdoring by happenstance, not because they bore any true sense of loyalty to it. Their loyalties belong to eachother and to nothing else, victims of the mortal fault called love. Incapable of higher thought, and true merciless devotion. A pity that, he was an adequate meat shield. 
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    edited July 2014
    I smidge passive aggressive, but I'll take it! Only as long as it's attack poodle. 
  • edited July 2014
    @Celina frightens Haezon, but at least now he's sure she won't kill him (probably). Because of this, as Haezon fears little externally, he respects her, although wishes sometimes she was more of a classic mother when talking to him. Her reputation also inspires him to improve and focus on his own. 

Similarly, Haezon used to be scared of @Karlach (this was when he was Morkarion) but after realising the sort of people he does kill just thinks he's really cool. He's also grateful to the brief advice he gave Haezon a while back and is a good litmus test for him to see what is a stupid thing to say and what isn't. 

Haezon used to think of @Tarkenton as a friend but eventually predicted rightly that he'd leave because of his extreme love of Diniah, as well as his increasing chaotic behaviour leading up to it. Haezon used Tarkenton as an example of what not to do. 

@Haezon doesn't acknowledge @Diniah anymore, considering her a traitor and really stupid/rude to leave a ministerial position she just got. But thanks to the two of them he managed to unlock some hidden awesomeness, so tkea thhat ad a consolation prize. Additionally, he's really glad now nothing happened between them. 

@Eliron is someone Haezon aspires to be like, chock full of wisdom and insight. Very diplomatic, very 'soothing' and has experience. Also grateful to him for helping him through the early years in the guild, and still helps him now. A lot of it is Haezon just grateful to those who helped him and a desire to make them think he was worth it.
    Retired.
  • TacitaTacita <3s Xynthin 4eva!!!11
    Tacita is exceptionally sad that Tarkenton (and Diniah and Yarith especially) had to leave. That said, she holds surprisingly little - pretty much nothing - against them for doing so, though she tends not to shout that around since it would not be viewed very highly by most of the commune. She genuinely believes that people who walk away from Glomdoring can still be loyal to it, and that the Wyrd will gain a great deal from their experiences on the day they return: and she is always convinced that the people who remain loyal will return.

As such, she's quite content in the belief that one day all three of them will come back to her Nocht Glomdoring.
  • Rialorm sees @Tacita as a role model of how to be a good Nochtian as well as Glomdorian (those are words right?). She's grown less fearful of her, where as first she was so impressed and in awe she must have appeared shy. She's very glad for Tacita becoming a VA, as well as getting a cult, things Rialorm secretly dreams of as well. Also Tacita seems to shine in hunting mobs and people alike, which is just how Ria would like to be. Plus Ria knows that in Tacita she has someone she can turn to for trade stuff, which makes her daily life that much easier. 
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
  • Aeral has very little interaction, if any with @Rialorm.

Zayden however has seen her around but he is very quiet and has not spoken to her.

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Aeral is that hot chick Regnaso was going to hit on, until he realised she was going to be his aunt.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • edited October 2014
    Hey is it cool if I revive this? Cool. So.

Naime absolutely loves a few people.

Who first....

@Tacita‌

Tacita was one of the first people I met after I moved to Glom.
    Tacita was all mysterious to Naime, and was always helpful even when I was immensely bombarding her with silly questions.

@Karlach‌ scares the living crap out of Naime, even though he is her idol. When she was still a weird Wyrd child she would've followed him to Astral without a weapon if she thought she'd be more like him.

@Lyora‌ ... I freaking love Lyora, I was a bit mean to her IC. Naime would sometimes try to deceive her only to feel horrible after.

@Haezon‌ all I can say is, Naime's jokes are better. :)

all I can bring myself to type for now.

Peace.

It's true, I really am you.
  • I am a bit afraid of the perceptions about Naime.

I am a vain ass for the most part :|

• Iytha is quite enthused about Naime's punning streak and is disappointed that she is a Glom.

(Note that, while OOC I know that Naime moved to Gaudiguch, Iytha the character has yet to notice. Mostly because Naime has stopped making terrible puns at the Aetherplex. For shame.)
  • Moar puns

• @Iytha With the few interactions Haezon has had with Iytha, he considers her a curious and interesting individual, especially with her thoughts about sentient water :P

@Vumiri They only became friends fairly recently but already he respects and appreciates Vumiri's opinion on many things, liking the fact he seems to be someone else he knows who genuinely cares about Glomdoring.

@Astraea Haezon is proud to have Astraea as his mother and adores her. At first, he thought Celina was the scary one, but recent events have shown that Astraea can be just as scary, if not mores, and not someone to be trifled with. He considers her a strong personality within the forest, and is grateful for what she sees in him.

@Arcanis He feels sad for Arcanis, and wishes things had worked out better.

@Septim His brother, strong minded and stubborn, Haezon loves battling with him as siblings often do.

@Cyndell Loves his sister, but wishes she'd show a little more initiative and accept she is a great person.

@Xenthos He used to fear Xenthos as something more than a simple mortal/adventurer, respecting and revering him. A glorious figure he idolises, Haezon has come to realise just how tough and mortal (In a good way) it and he can sometimes be. It's a great experience for Haezon to talk to Xenthos.

@Anita Wishes he hadn't been a complete douchebag to her at the start, but respects her as a strong upstanding member of the forest.

@Crek A totally wise man who knows tonnes of stuff.

@Camberre Unsure what to think, but appreciates his hunting ability and persona. Also gave Haezon a fancy wig, which he appreciates and uses all the time.

@Moralis Haezon thinks of Moralis as something his younger self inspired to, someone with a long loyal history and respect (Sort of) who is very whacky and out there. Haezon feels like he can be less whacky because of it, though, so is grateful for that.

Thinks the cities in general are really bizarre and weird and thinks Serenwilde needs to stop shaming the name of forests
    Retired.
  • SelenitySelenity My first MC to stay in Serenwilde
    So I've been playing for like two weeks, I think? I am only going to use the last two pages of people unless more pop up even though there's like a metric ton of people I want to do this for... and re-necro the thread. Yay re-necro-ing!

@Everiine is this really adorable old guy that's supposed to run the forest. Selenity thinks he's a great person and wonders why she has not met any of his children or grandchildren in the forest yet. She thinks he has a great heart and a great/connected-to-nature spirit/soul/thing.

@Saoirse is this bangin' Celestian lady who runs aetherhunts, and in fact, will only be able to say "Celestian" and "Pilot" when asked who Saoirse is currently. Selenity is alright with this for now.

@Xeria is some friendly but very strange fox-lobo that's in denial of where her home is. Xeria keeps popping into the forest and is friendly, and one of Selenity's friends/people she looks up to is Xeria's teacher, so Selenity extends a great deal more kindness to her than she would most from outside the forest. Selenity is still somewhat hesitant around Xeria and sees that while Xeria might have once been a Seren (she was, right?... no wait don't tell me let me find out in game) that Hallifax is changing her and not in a way that any Seren should change, especially given how Azus responded to Xeria once, and how Gabriella responded to Xeria once.
  • If someone could post about Daganev I would appreciate it.  I've forgotten a few bits about the reputation he has.
  • @Selenity

Now that's making me antsy. 

Just how did @Azus and @Gabriella responded to Xeria once?
    is dead like the dodo
  • SelenitySelenity My first MC to stay in Serenwilde
    Xeria said:
    @Selenity

You were there for it!
  • Selenity said:
    Xeria said:
    @Selenity

You were there for it!
    I honestly don't remember Gabriella, Azus, Xeria and Selenity in the same location all together. sorry! :(
    is dead like the dodo