Perceptions of Characters: Forums reloaded

Comments

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Synkarin said:
    I feel the original intention was lost in this thread and it's since become a FFA

and I didn't put Herbert down, he does have a giant horn

The original intent wasn't very well stated, so anybody coming in who didn't know the thread from the old forums wouldn't get the "rules" anyway. I like it this way, personally. More perceptions per post! 
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.

I might regret this but...

@Munsia is a brick to the face. Not that Celina doesn't have a certain degree of respect for such a quality, and can see the similarities between some aspects of their personalities that others point out from time to time, but she's incapable of being anything else. It's not a concious decesion she makes, that's just simply all she is capable of being. A battering ram. With a mouth. She's certainly dangerous and capable of a fair degree of chaos and mayhem, but it's without any sense of purpose. Magnagora took her back, and Celina supposes there is some sense of loyalty a person might have to those that have saved them from being a pariah, but it's a shallow purpose, and a very temproary type of loyalty if it can even be called that. An acute awareness that she is at the mercy of those that forgave her until such a time they can no longer snuff her out may be more accurate. Celina gives her points for that, it at least is an admission, if not a silent one, that Munsia is not as all powerful as she likes to portray herself as being. Munsia is in it for Munsia, which is most likely why she wound up being thrown out of numerous places. In the end, without any higher calling or guidance Munsia remains just a big brick to be thrown by whomever can tolerate her long enough to wield her.

@Synkarin is a difficult topic. She wants to brand him a traitor and hate him as a lot of the forest did, but she understands why he did what he did. Especially now more than ever with Glomoring's current situation. She thinks his methods are woefully wrong, but she has a sincere understanding of his motives. Perhaps he was unable to distance himself and remain in Glomdoring, and simply had to be all or nothing. She always knew he had a heart, even when he proclaimed to forsake it after Tacita left him. She suspects his heart was for the Glomdoring, and he was unable to only be half involved. He either had to commit himself or break himself, there was no inbetween. An unforgivable weakness, however understandable, and she would not hesitate to kill him should the political climate ever shift. She still hates him for leaving her for Tacita, after all. She entertains the thought of moving to Gaudiguch when he brings it up, but she has no genuine interest in doing so. It's just a flight of fancy.

• MunsiaMunsia The Supreme Goddess
    edited June 2014
    @Celina swing and a Miss. 

If I played this game for me, I would stay rogue. Trust me.  I'd also NEVER astral bash, lol.
  • TacitaTacita <3s Xynthin 4eva!!!11
    Tacita hates Synkarin with the fury of a thousand blazing suns and views what he's done to her as a betrayal comparable with Xynthin's. And I don't mean the part where Synkarin left Nocht - the worse part came after. Of course she spends most of her time not feeling any of it, it's far simpler that way. She's a bit of a hypocrite - who am I kidding, she's a huge hypocrite - but anyone who claims not to be blinded and biased by such strong emotions is probably in denial ;)

Possibly slightly due to the influence of the above, she now has a love-hate attitude towards Celina. Celina went up in Tacita's estimation when she proved herself worthy of Astraea, then down a bit during the age of Xynthin, and back up with various things that have happened thereafter - especially one particular moment where Celina proved beyond a doubt that she trusted Tacita. As a result she trusts and respects Celina - in as far, at least, as she trusts her to do exactly what Celina would do in a given situation. Of course that isn't to say that she really likes Celina - that would be the opposite of the truth. But she respects her nemesis even though she's still her nemesis.
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    edited June 2014
    Siam tries to be like Tacita - calm, collected, respected. But he falls short of all three and is quite content to bow before her grace. Tacita represents a lot of things Siam aspires(and quite possibly only keep aspiring) on. Siam has a lot of unspoken respect and admiration for Tacita after all that she has been through, and for all the resiliency that she has demonstrated through all of it. Also, she's one of the Gloms Siam would willingly lay down a lot of stuff for to help(not that she needs it, she's doing peachy)
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

Munsia said:
    @Celina swing and a Miss. 

If I played this game for me, I would stay rogue. Trust me.  I'd also NEVER astral bash, lol.

It's my character, love. Not the player.
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    edited June 2014
    Tacita hates Synkarin with the fury of a thousand blazing suns and views what he's done to her as a betrayal comparable with Xynthin's. And I don't mean the part where Synkarin left Nocht - the worse part came after. Of course she spends most of her time not feeling any of it, it's far simpler that way. She's a bit of a hypocrite - who am I kidding, she's a huge hypocrite - but anyone who claims not to be blinded and biased by such strong emotions
    I don't even know what I did :( 

Tacita (and Celina) will always be special. He doesn't like the faceless, numb person she primarily shows but knows exactly why she does it. If there is anything Sidd has learned since leaving Glomdoring is that emotions, especially passion, is vital for success despite the weaknesses it leaks out. He wishes he could tell her, but despite believing deep down she still really loves him, she keeps her hate on the surface. A cold, icy hate that makes Sidd avoid her. It's just not a good look on the warm, loving, cheerful Tacita he wants back. 

Celina too, is special, and also will always be. The blunt, straight forwardness had always been something he's appreciated because he never picks up on subtlety. He wishes she wouldn't decide a fight isn't winnable so readily sometimes but would jump into a fight against any odds with her in an instant. While he thinks a lot of Glomdoring has changed (inculding some older people), Celina is still the same old school Glomazon she's always been, and hopes that her old school status doesn't prevent the new school Glommers from giving her the respect and appreciation she deserves. 

He also knows that both Tacita and Celina wouldn't hesitate to kill him ( good luck), or allow him to die given the chance.

Editted a bit, first draft was on my phone.

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
    It was after her emotions came back with the Red Star stuff, and Tacita started writing Synkarin letters, when his replies basically told her to go the hell away/that he didn't love her/that she was being stupid/etc.

She didn't take that terribly well - she had problems as it was with the fact that one of the two mortals capable of destroying her was a traitor, and the fact that he then stomped all over the part of her heart that he was holding communicated to her in a very brutal way that she had irredeemably lost that part of herself because she had entrusted it to the wrong person. As far as she's concerned, half of her heart has withered up and died. (If anyone has heard her current and exceptionally emo/angry song all the way though, this is what it's about).

In retrospect I wish I'd found a different reaction for her to total recoil: it's hardly fun or interesting RP to have her just completely ignore him. That said it is one of the contributing factors to other parts of how her character is developing, for example her becoming quite so skilled at switching her emotions on and off (that and her fanatical devotion to Nocht, of course, Sidd doesn't get all the credit). So it has created as many opportunities as it's destroyed, through how her other relationships have adapted to her changing emotional state.
  • Oh hai thar. >.>  I've never done this before.  Someone do Gabriella!
    --------
    "You are so much bigger than you think you are," She says, fervently. "You are a beacon of hope that shines through the world with every step you take. You are My beacon, Gabriella, and you shine even into the darkest of nightmares."
    --------
    The air sparkles with silver motes of light as a silken voice says, "You will see growth and strength where others will see weakness. You will walk with Us as a paragon of Serenwilde's power, for you have already walked this path before."
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    @Llewell thinks @Gabriella is stuck up and snotty, and acts like she knows more than she does. He looked up to her as a mentor for a long while in the order, but once he thought about it, he realised that not only is he in an order he knows nothing about, be it tenets or basic beliefs, but Gabriella has shown little or no plans on try and teach him or others, or proselytize to others about the order. He reads the order channel and all he sees is Barrin: "Dryads are empowered", and he wonders what she actually -does- in the order. Despite his dislike of her in the order, he secretly approves of her actions in the Nocht debacle, and likely would have made the same choice. At least, what he thinks happened. When nobody's looking, he glances at that large, bloody stone in Maylea's temple and smiles softly at her sacrifice for her friends, likely the only redeeming quality he's ever seen in her order work.

She seems the same in the guild, and part of the reason he's joined the Shofangi is to see if she's really like his opinion of her all the time. So far she's been quiet, and a bit rude with him during a particular wargames when he donated gold on  behalf of the guild for a prize to participants. He really wishes she would prove him wrong, but on occasion he'll spot her chatting with Kethaera in Faethorn, and his hopes wither once more.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Sadly, Aerdiya has not met @Gabriella and does not know anything about her besides the fact that she is the mother of the Queen.

She likes @Tacita and admires her way with words. Sometimes, she fears that she is being a bit too cheerful in the presence of her aunt and offends her with that behaviour. So she usually tries to speak more moderate when they talk. She is also the only member on her mother's side of the family to whom Aerdiya does not feel strange talking at the moment since she is still not really sure how to approach her mother and her grandfather.
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Gabriella said:
    Oh hai thar. >.>  I've never done this before.  Someone do Gabriella!
    Psh, so needy. The point of the thread is you need to share your perception of the poster above you, or currently posters above you, then when you post, someone after you will post about you.

@Gabriella - she promised Sidd that she'd get him unenemied from Serenwilde and the associated things, and thus far has fallen flat on that promise, making her a liar in his book. She is willing to defend, against bad odds at times, which wins some points, but honesty is a pretty big deal.

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • Synkarin said:
    Gabriella said:
    Oh hai thar. >.>  I've never done this before.  Someone do Gabriella!
    Psh, so needy. The point of the thread is you need to share your perception of the poster above you, or currently posters above you, then when you post, someone after you will post about you.

@Gabriella - she promised Sidd that she'd get him unenemied from Serenwilde and the associated things, and thus far has fallen flat on that promise, making her a liar in his book. She is willing to defend, against bad odds at times, which wins some points, but honesty is a pretty big deal.
    @synkarin What! She never promised Sidd that!
    Gabriella sometimes finds Synkarin to be somewhat amusing at times, but a little presumptuous (such as when he makes claims like the ones above and messages the ambassador saying, 'Gabriella said for you to unenemy me') and is in awe of his prowess as a fighter.  Other than that, she doesn't have much in terms of personal interactions with him.  She used to fear him as a novice, since he killed her so many times in combat, but now she's more resigned to the deaths than scared of them.

@Llewell - Gabriella thinks that Llewell is a little bit stuck up at times, but she generally doesn't have much of an opinion on him because she doesn't know him well personally.  She has no idea his thoughts/feelings on her as he's never voiced them to her.  She heard troubling things about his methods for joining the Shofangi after she had inducted him, but she has fiercely defended his right to be taught just like any other member of the Kui, all of his rights within the guild.  She has been keeping a close watch to make sure that there's no mistreatment, but as their paths don't cross that often, she can only do so much without concrete facts.
    --------
    "You are so much bigger than you think you are," She says, fervently. "You are a beacon of hope that shines through the world with every step you take. You are My beacon, Gabriella, and you shine even into the darkest of nightmares."
    --------
    The air sparkles with silver motes of light as a silken voice says, "You will see growth and strength where others will see weakness. You will walk with Us as a paragon of Serenwilde's power, for you have already walked this path before."
  • Kethaera thinks of @Gabriella as weak-willed and foolish... but she does genuinely like her for the same reasons, and of having a friend that seems easy to control. Kethaera doesn't entirely trust @Gabriella's motivations, and yet she trusts her more than any other non-Glom, and more than many of the members of Glomdoring. Kind of a complicated relationship, really. 

Two main reasons why Kethaera wants to stay friends: @Gabriella might still be helpful with that project we're working on, and a huge part of it is also because of @Tacita. Gabriella's past association with Nocht bothers Kethaera, too, but she's mostly still trying to compensate for disappointing mom(Even if she is a hypocrite). No idea how yet, and it would depend on when/if that project ever works out.
    "Chairwoman," Princess Setisoki states, holding up a hand in a gesture for her to stop and returning the cup. "That would be quite inappropriate. One of the males will serve me."
    Yes, how dare you disobey Nocht. What sort of person would ever do that. Ever. Not me, obviously. Nope. No siree.
    @Kethaera has made a consistently positive impression on Daraius. She's been prompt in her correspondence, patient in her explanations, and above all, perfectly cordial and diplomatic through this whole absolution process (unlike Zouviqil, who threw a hissy fit :P ). She seems to be a pretty good, diligent bureaucrat, at least as far as checking up on Dar's case goes, and she gets bonus points for liking tea. Overall she's about as likable as foreigners get, but as long as she's slinking around in the shadows of Glomdoring, she's subject to the same benevolent indifference as every other non-Hallifaxian. 
    I used to make cakes.

• MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    Daraius is best shibe.

perceptions on maligorn pls

• LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Even when I jump in and do my perception, no one ever does me :(

• SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    @Lavinya is the best.

I can't really add more to that.
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • MunsiaMunsia The Supreme Goddess
    edited June 2014
    Munsia/Myself puts everyone in a category. The following Catagories are people!

Fillin/Narsrim

Thoros

Urazial

Arimisia

Ialie

Now, quite literally this is how I view a large portion of people. It's entirely based around your fighting. You go from being a genius/very good. To being pretty good and an asset, to being just a raidy little rager/hit run types, to being a pacifist.....now I could sit here and put each and everyone of you in said catagory but people might get mad at where I place you. Most of this is perceived and in my dealings with you. I think everyone has a different perception of everyone based upon where they are living at any one time.

I've been reminded there's a fifth Catagory...and that would have to be the Arimisia types. The types who try, but are kinda swinging in the dark. 
    edited June 2014
    Daraius is proud of @Maligorn's progress. He's done well by House Shevat and the Collective by remaining a dedicated civil servant, defending the territories, flying solo in flares, even taking on more of a leadership position in some revolts. At his best, he's enthusiastic and focused. At his not so best, he's excitable and a little scattered. Worse still, he can be flippant, even a little surly, and sycophantic towards elders (bleh). Worst of all (and this is seriously bad, y'all) he's casually insincere. The good qualities were those Daraius observed from the beginning, so can't take any credit for cultivating. The rest he views as stemming from his own failure to set a proper example and clear expectations. 
    I used to make cakes.

I'm with Ialie.
  • Elirons sees @Daraius as a gentleman, scholar, tea-master, and stick in the mud. He greatly respects Daraius' cultural contributions to Hallifax and his refined personality (not to mention that his tea shop is to die for, or at the very least to kill for), but also views him as the embodiment of the inherent flaws of Hallifax, ie a great deal of talent and charm that is so emotionally repressed as to be an automaton. He assumes part of this must be a facade, since Daraius did marry Sylandra.

To Eliron, @Celina will always strut along the fine line between glorious and power-mad. He respects her drive and dedication greatly, but dislikes what he sees as her tendency to run rough-shod over communemates. On the other hand, he knows she's a fantastic diplomat and manipulator when she wants to be, so he also assumes it's all part of some greater plan that he may not agree with completely but will be amazing none-the-less.
  • edited June 2014
    Let's go up a bit...

@Gabriella is someone that Lillie thinks of from time to time, and Lillie fondly remembers serving under her as a culture aide some lifetimes ago. 

Lillie finds @Kethaera to be damn good at her job as ambassador - emphasis on the 'damn'. Refusing to bow to the usual unenemying demands, Lillie had to wheedle her way into more esoteric means, which are making more and more trouble for her. So Lillie has a respect for Keth, but that's the line - she doesn't like Keth whatsoever.

Lillie isn't sure what to make of @Lavinya leaving the Nihilists, either; it seemed to be rather out of left field, and Lillie's a bit disappointed. She was hoping to learn more about Nifilhema and Ashtorath from her, as Lavi seemed to be a very good resource on both subjects. 
    The Necromentate's mind opens to you, and a grotesque, demonic figure appears in your mind's eye, screaming in torment:
    "THE DEMON LORDS CAN NEVER TRULY BE KILLED - GREAT IS THEIR POWER."

You shock a platinum-coloured geomycus with tales of terror bestowed on villages who don't follow Magnagora.
    A platinum-coloured geomycus slaps her knee and declares that, by the gods, Ptoma Hive should follow the Grand Empire of Magnagora after all!
    Shouts rise up from Ptoma Hive, as its denizens loudly pledge themselves to the Grand Empire of Magnagora.

• Nott knows that @Synkarin was once Sidd, but cannot remember many details about him. She passed by him once recently at the Aetherplex. What she can remember is that she used to sing her colour songs with him while at the Domoths, Astral, or other places that had a group setting.

@Siam is curious to Nott. On the one hand, she likes his goofiness because it dislodges a lot of the stuffiness that accompanies Glomdoring; on the other, she finds that he plays the part very well and at times wonders which is the "real" Siam. Nonetheless, she is very affectionate toward him for both aiding her return to Glomdoring and befriending @Crek.

Nott simply adores @Eliron. She considers him family, especially during those times when the Rillaens were not around often; she even had fancied thoughts about being a Shee-Slaugh once, but they were only fun musings. Nott's sad that they tend to miss each other when she is awake and he is not and vice versa. But what can you do? 
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Ev has never felt so invested in his children as he has with @Lillie‌ . Maybe it's because he constantly feels like a failure as a father, and tje current situation only reinforces that. Lillie has always been different and special.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    @Nott is someone Siam thinks highly of. He first saw her when she won the Knowledge seal back in...09? 10? That she has returned to Glomdoring is something Siam's very happy about. Siam considers her a sleeping potential in the Harbingers and in the Order of Thorns. Siam would really love to go out on a picnic with her and Crek one day. :)
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

@Siam is an oddball.A genuine Glomdoring oddity. She really has no idea what angle Siam is working, or if he's working an angle at all. He could be brilliant or a total whackjob, she honestly doesn't know, and he's benign enough that she doesn't care. She is amused by his antics against Serenwilde lately, and his ability to incite them into a frenzy. To her, he's rather harmless. Especially to an outside organization like Serenwilde. He's really not much of a threat to anyone on his own, but he's seen him single handedly work them into fits of righteous vengeance. He also expresses a sincere devotion to the Lady of Thorns. Plus he tags along with her to pfifth people while she murders them. For these reasons, she enjoys his presence.

Celina has noticed the change in @Tacita even though they seem to avoid eachother like the plague ever since Celina returned and the Synkarin thing. She's become cold and cruel, especially during their brief interactions. Deriving a certain amusement from a brief expression of Celina's emotions. Tacita has truly removed herself from the spotlight and turned inward to her devotion to Nocht. Something Celina has been trying to do as well, only to her devotion to the Lady Viravain. Now whispers circulate through the forest of making Tacita the next ascendant of Glomdoring. She sees Tacita rushing to the defense of the forset, often to her death, before others can arrive. She wonders if they will ever be anything but two beings diametrically opposed because of Synkarin and Xynthin, yet sharing more and more similarities as time passes. If nothing else, she takes a degree of smug satisfaction knowing Tacita dislikes her while becoming increasingly like her.