Perceptions of Characters: Forums reloaded

Comments

• PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    Daraius. One of the most helpful people that Portius knows. Combine that with Portius having no evidence of Daraius being ideologically impure, and it's pretty clear why he's one of Portius' favorite people. Good editor, too. Plus he's doing things to help nudge people into doing culture, which Portius really appreciates.

The yearly dose of flattery doesn't exactly hurt, either.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • Portius is a scientist, which automatically means Ileein is likely to respect him. He's also done a lot to drive the growth of Hallifax's library. Librarians are some of Ileein's favorite people, too, so there's that. His science is appropriately Hallifaxian and makes efficient use of sentient resources. That said, Ileein does think that Portius is somewhat dismissive of Ileein because he hasn't published much recently. He doesn't much like being dismissed, so he's a little more formal around Portius than he is around most people as a result.
    Jadice, the Frost Queen says to you, "Constant vigilance."
  • @Portius Lillie senses in Portius a scholarly spirit similar to her own, but hasn't had any chance to do anything about it. Hallifax makes her nervous.

@Ileen wins a lot of points for resurrecting this thread!
    The Necromentate's mind opens to you, and a grotesque, demonic figure appears in your mind's eye, screaming in torment:
    "THE DEMON LORDS CAN NEVER TRULY BE KILLED - GREAT IS THEIR POWER."

You shock a platinum-coloured geomycus with tales of terror bestowed on villages who don't follow Magnagora.
    A platinum-coloured geomycus slaps her knee and declares that, by the gods, Ptoma Hive should follow the Grand Empire of Magnagora after all!
    Shouts rise up from Ptoma Hive, as its denizens loudly pledge themselves to the Grand Empire of Magnagora.

• @lillie confused the heck out of xeria when Lillie was part of the serenwilde forest. Xeria wasn't sure of Lillie's gender at times but put it down to bad eyesight. Lillie, to xeria was one of those who taught her bits and bobs about mother moon. dealing with lillie was and still -is- a tricky business for xeria. She's got no idea how to be tactful without overacting. Lillie moving to the Tainted city completely blindsided her. Xeria's still confused over that. Why could anyone want to associate with anything of Kethuru is beyond her.

@daraius Xeria's first encouter with him is through his teashop, when someone (I as the player forget who exactly) brought her there. (if you are that player please step forward so I may thank you!) She was blown away by the decor and more importantly the food and the tea. Ever since then she's come back to hallifax again and again JUST to visit the teashop, even though she's she hates the fact that she can never find anything in Hallifax.

Xeria hasn't formed any strong impressions of Daraius, having only one interaction with him. She things he has a rather elegant way of doing things and that like her, she often has trouble deciphering social cues. One day, she'd like to run an Inn with the same standards as the golden serenity teashop or go into partnership with him. 

@illeein Xeria thinks he's a polite professor She doesn't know him at all, having only seen him in passing. A little distant which is typical of most airfolk. 
    is dead like the dodo
  • Parua likes @Xeria for the most part, but a recent change in (or addition to, I guess) Xeria's behaviour soured her opinion somewhat. Parua appreciates the attention and care to her progress that Xeria has been showing. Xeria welcomed Parua back to Serenwilde, and into the Shofangi both with open arms, and excited energy, and has made her feel apart of something again.
    A whisper from the trees and a frosty presence tells you, secretly, "But you are strong, little 
    flower, and wise." The voice shifts and expands, becoming more real. "And everything you just said 
    in the ritual made me feel safer. You should, too."
  • I don't know anyone on this thread, and none of them know me/Ardmore. ._.
  • Oh hi Ardmore.

Ix sees @Ardmore as a level-headed lone wolf. He doesn't like the spotlight and prefers to work on things in private. Fiercely loyal, Ardmore works hard for his order and has an addiction to hunting prey and offering absurd amounts. He hopes that one day Ardmore will return home to Magnagora and papa Morgfyre.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    @Xeria - Daraius was a little perplexed by just how eager Xeria was to talk about the Shofangi with an outsider, but he wasn't about to let that stop him from collecting the information. Based on their one discussion, she struck him as straightforward and genuine, which are some of the best qualities a person can have. This allowed him to overlook some of her more uncouth comments about 'stinking orclachs' and 'beating away idiots.' She seems to take her role as a mentor and representative of the Shofangi quite seriously. Enthusiastic and knowledgeable, but lacking a little in the social graces Daraius expects of anyone who steps foot in Hallifax. 

@Ileein - Daraius has always felt a comforting kind of inferiority to Ileein, content to play the humble bureaucrat to Ileein's charismatic scholar. He's seen Ileein as the wunderkind of the Shevat second generation, perfectly self-sufficient and confident in his work, a pureblooded Shevat, and probably Nihmriel and Arel's favorite. All of these views he takes as given, without jealousy of course, and uses them frame his own position in the family. More than anything, Ileein represents the best chance for House Shevat to reenter the public eye as a bastion of scholarship and civil service, and Daraius really hopes he'll get to effuse over some new publications in his annual report.

@Portius - Daraius considers Portius the single most important citizen of Hallifax right now. He's by far the most prolific writer, even finds time for stage productions, wrote the books on gentlemanly behavior and the functions of each caste, both of which resonate so strongly with Daraius. He is the quintessential Peer, the embodiment of the qualities and virtue Daraius feels is his fundamental duty to promote. Like with Ileein, Irillia, and Sylandra before him, Daraius finds it very comforting to be able to point at Portius and say, "It is my place to support him."

@Marcella - Daraius was always respectfuly indifferent towards Marcella, as is he towards all foreigners, particularly ones from non-allied states. He'd heard that she wasn't terribly well liked around Hallifax, but didn't really know why, since their only interactions had been perfectly civil, if not pleasant. She'd always been eager to share knowledge and expose Daraius to things outside Hallifax he'd never seen. After a tour of Climanti and a promise of other expeditions in the future, he was starting to feel ever so slightly less indifferent, even positive. But then Marcie went and cut off his head for no reason he cared to investigate, and did some other stuff that Daraius never bothered learning about. Once she made herself an enemy of Hallifax, that was it. He had absolutely no reason or desire to cross paths with her. Her periodic anonymous letters and 'gifts' only reaffirm her immaturity and poor taste in his eyes; each one goes right in the Matrix without so much as bristling his fur. One in particular - a quote about bureaucrats from Portius's book on castes - was a delightful example of her complete backwardness.

But the path to absolution is just a letter away!
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    Eritheyl hates @Daraius in the most loving way possible. The spotless reputation, the gentlemanly grace, the undeniably impeccable loboshigaru physique, he finds the whole package attractive to the point of nausea. He's one of five or so prominent figures silently (and likely unknowingly?) mocking Eritheyl's choice to stay in Gaudiguch rather than plead on his hands and knees for the resurgence of his comfortable Hallifaxian lifestyle.
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    I'm glad this thread is going again. I just don't know any of you Hallifaxians.
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Karlach's interactions with Eritheyl are few and limited, but each time he's been quietly impressed at how the man just gets things done, without whining or complaining. He's never known him to hold a favour over someone or demand something in return, and so Karlach feels more obliged to assist in return if he can.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

Karlach said:
    without whining or complaining
    Lolwat.

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Eritheyl said:
    Karlach said:
    without whining or complaining
    Lolwat.
    Of the people you can list as "Whiny gobshites on the Crux aether" Eritheyl is not one of them. He might piss and moan elsewhere, but not where Karlach can hear it =p

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• edited June 2014
    @Daraius Xeria's had some very bad examples when she was a wee foxkin. (@Rivius @Turnus @Everiine @Barrin)

By now, she's completely comfortable sleeping on a nice patch of mossy dirt shaded by a moonhart tree or up in the branches. Plus eating steak nearly raw, and burping loudly after meals. 
    is dead like the dodo
  • Arimisia has only really had one personal run in with @Eritheyl that stands out to me and it was not overly positive. Came to Gaudi was BSing with Seraku and Eri was all snippy because Ari had dared to try and influence a village against Gaudi even though Mag had had the village prior to the revolt. Some reason I am thinking I was threatening with being enemied even if I didn't leave. Didn't go to Gaudi very often before that, even less so after that!

No grudge but something I do remember! ^_^;
    The soft, hollow voice of Nocht, the Silent resounds within your mind as His words echo through the aether, "Congratulations, Arimisia. Your mastery of vermin cannot be disputed."

• MunsiaMunsia The Supreme Goddess
    @Eritheyl pisses Munsia off....for much of the reasons above. He's a little too snippy. 
    edited June 2014
    Munsia said:
    @Eritheyl pisses Munsia off....for much of the reasons above. He's a little too snippy. 
    Eritheyl's opinion in reciprocation rather goes without saying, considering it's shared by a staggering majority of the Lusternian populace.

He's not too sure what to think of @Arimisia, however, as the same incident in question is really the only time her name has ever been brought up to him. It reflected poorly in his eyes regardless of prior circumstances, though a handful of Gaudiguchians are fond of her. While he'd like to form an opinion of his own in time without other forces tugging on it, he generally doesn't go out of his way to give any Magnagoran the time of day, so for now it's left on the back burner.

-

• Daraius said:

@Portius - Daraius considers Portius the single most important citizen of Hallifax right now. He's by far the most prolific writer, even finds time for stage productions, wrote the books on gentlemanly behavior and the functions of each caste, both of which resonate so strongly with Daraius. He is the quintessential Peer, the embodiment of the qualities and virtue Daraius feels is his fundamental duty to promote. Like with Ileein, Irillia, and Sylandra before him, Daraius finds it very comforting to be able to point at Portius and say, "It is my place to support him."

Oh, Daraius, how could you...

But in all seriousness, Aicuthi looks at @Daraius as a true siblings(although their relationship is more like two cousins).  She's able to speak with him more openly, probably because he understands the pressure of living up to the Shevat name.  He has been supportive and encouraging, despite things.

"A man's not dead while his name is still spoken."  - Terry Pratchett 1948-2015

• SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    @Eritheyl is fuuuuun.
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• @Eritheyl used to be an absolute tool because he grovelled at the feet of the Mad God.

Then he quit immediately when Crumkane came out, so not only is he an absolute tool, but his loyalty is fickle and possibly traitorous.

Not like Marcella ever expected anything else. Mysrites. Peh.
    Ardmore is always helpful. Acts behind the scenes but still very helpful.
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    @Munsia frustrates Lavinya. She used to hate her irreverence and lack of decorum with a passion, but she is learning there is more to Munsia than the outward brashness and anger. She recognises that she does seek to serve Magnagora, and that earns some begrudging respect in Lavinya's eyes, though often she wishes she would do herself a favour and just. stop. talking. Lavinya tries sometimes to save Munsia from her own mouth but that is usually greeted with anger and contempt, but then that is nothing unusual from Munsia. Lavinya has learned to take things from Munsia less personally - after all, she hates everyone, and sometimes is even amusing - when she's not offending people and creating headaches. Lavinya definitely thinks she has come a long way in recent years to being more civilised and restrained.

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Don't put Herbert down.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • @Munsia gets stuff done when she is motivated to do it. She rubs people the wrong way because a lot of times she says things to them trying to get a reaction from them and usually she gets it and she wins when she gets that reaction and you get mad at her. I honestly do not understand why people take things she says so personally especially when you do not HAVE to listen to her. I also find Munsia to be very demanding.. and that is putting it lightly. Should see the list of homework I have to do  right now :( Despite the demands she gives quite a bit too, I mention, should be auctions coming up soon (should be key word, no such luck sadly) we saved a HUGE amount of gold in just a few months, that was not just her but she contributed a good bit and gave me basically all her gold to stash away in my gold-horde. Believe it or not she is nice to novices too. She takes a lot of them out and equips them with robes, vials, potions, herbs, all that and gives them a chunk of change on top of that. She been known to take people out hunting as well. Also the ur'Bashes! She gets those going every now and again too! One last thing, either a gripe or a prop depending on your stance, that huge ass ship. We would not have that without dear ol' Munsy (she demands redesign of it, you know how tedious that is?? @_@;;)

@Marcella - Arimisia kinda gets torn about you. She sees you as an asset, you work hard you kill well. However, your beliefes are kinda left field at times if not a bit more radical than can be ignored always. If there were no hope you'd not still be around though, there are far worse than you and you really are the least of concerns but someone to poke every no and again just to make sure.

@Ixion - As a little Arimisia (8 or 9 years ago) you intimidated the hell out of me! You seemed like one of those people that you didn't bother unless you absolutely had to and even then you kept it short and to the point and hoped you came out of it alive. I don't think I ever really actually met you until I joined the ur'Guard 2 years ago and by then I had grown more relaxed. Surprise! You were not gonna kill me at all for talking to you and taking up your time! Good thing too cause nooblet me just had to ask you about combat. You actually helped me out a good bit, I still am not overly good but novices really cannot kill me anymore and that is a huge step up from before! If anything right now, I'd like Ari to be a bit more like Ixion as a leader of the ur'Guard.
    The soft, hollow voice of Nocht, the Silent resounds within your mind as His words echo through the aether, "Congratulations, Arimisia. Your mastery of vermin cannot be disputed."

• @Ardmore - Best dad of the year award, and like @Synkarin, not too clingy to his kids. Will interact with me when I interact with him.

@Marcella - Eccentric aunt who made Illy a Protector. Doesn't fully understand why she resigned as Champ. Very good with history, very strange beliefs but views these beliefs in a mostly positive light.

@Arimisia - The elusive Commander who he helps lead a guild beside, and knows very little about. Kind of intimidated by her.

@Leolamins - The Warlord who made Ilthilior Trade Minister, and helped him out with so many domoth battles. (@Lavinya - honorable mention too!)

@Kayde - The Commandant who made him earn his Ordeal, and helped make questing interesting to Ilthilior.
  • @Jinto - Rather uncharacteristically, given his disdain of most fur-bearers, Eryth really likes Jinto. Partly because Jinto is always nice and treats Eryth well, and partly because he shares Eryth's fondness for sweets.

@Vhaedryn - Eryth has a strong respect for Vhaedryn, though sometimes he chafes under Vhaedryn's impatience to see Eryth advance. He knows the Iconoclast is right, but he still can't stand essay-writing.
    The drone, the whistle, the thundrous sound;
    It seared their eyes, it shook the ground.
    One hundred thousand voices lift,
    While ashes like dirty snowfall drift.

The clouds of purple glowing gas,
    The tiny sun is rising fast.
    Your star...
    Is on the rise.
    @Synkarin will always be Sidd to Siam. :(

#bringShikariback