Real World Raves

Comments

• LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    I made nutella cheesecake.

• RPDR!
    While I like Bob and Acid Betty, and think they are strong competitors... my full support still goes to Kim Chi! <3

But really wow, they have so many like-able and memorable people right now. I think Dax, Thorgy, Naomi and even Robbie have their own specific charms too!

Can't wait to see more looks, and more GIFs to fuel @Celina 's ammunition!
  • edited March 2016
    Enyalida said:
    Took the standardized test (the TEAS) that determines access to the nursing program, left with a slightly lower score than I expected. I texted my overachiever friend who has been studying forever for the same friend, and I got a solid 10 percentage points higher than her. Feeling good about my chances. 
    Take all of those things with a huge grain of salt.  I'm pretty much your stereotypical asian nerd, did the RN program as a warmup for med school.  I struggled.  I watched a couple of other 4.0 students fail out while other students with... not quite as overachieving test grades got through the program less scathed than others.  Nursing is not like any other undergraduate program.  Book smarts is important, but only gets you so far.  More important is your ability to apply common sense, be able to focus down AND step back for the big picture.  Once you learn the trick of identifying the scope of the question at hand and keeping your actions within that scope, you'll be heads and shoulders above the majority of other nursing students.

• It was nearly 80 degrees Fahrenheit coming home from work today.

80. Degrees.

What a wonderful summer day we're having this winter!

• :D tw weeks with good food, rest and relaxation! BOOOYAH! READY TO RUMBLE!

is dead like the dodo
  • It's been warm enough the last couple days I could ditch my winter jacket. What a rollarcoaster of a winter. 

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• The weather was so awesome today that I could finally motivate myself to pick up running again. My time was not even that bad (for my standards...I am a hobby runner who just wants to finish and does not care much about time) considering that I've been slacking off during winter.
  • For once got home for work with enough energy left to actually cook something for dinner. Making stir fry with Megolvania blasting on repeat.
  • Lehki said:
    For once got home for work with enough energy left to actually cook something for dinner. Making stir fry with Megolvania blasting on repeat.
    You should invest in a slow cooker. Turn it on when you leave, eat when you get home. 
  • We actually do have one of those and have done that a few times. The problem is that all of are terrible at planning ahead like that.
  • RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    edited March 2016
    Lehki said:
    We actually do have one of those and have done that a few times. The problem is that all of are terrible at planning ahead like that.

My life exactly. Brother and sister-in-law bought me an expensive slow cooker two years ago, and have I used it yet? Nope.

The recipe book that came with it had an amazing recipe that I really wanted to try, but I ended up adapting it to stove top instead. I feel bad every time I think about it. :-S

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

• I use mine quite a bit, not as often as I should but I've adapted some oven baked recipes to my slow cooker and much prefer them.

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Pressure cookers are even better
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    We frequently use our crock pot like that. Just yesterday I made spaghetti sauce in the morning before work, and my God, the house smelled like heaven when I got home! Just take a few minutes to cook noodles and BAM, dinner.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • Last night my aetherhunting was cut short because my girlfriend surprised me with an impromptu visit! And she brought cheesecake! Was a good night. :-)

• @Lehki you can try marinate overnight, slow braise all day recipes?

make it into a game! think of all the tasty food that will await you after work!
    is dead like the dodo
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    When I took my family to see Zootopia this week (it's a family film after all), my grandma remarked on the sexiness of the tiger dancers, and my aunt started proposing fursonas for all of us. I guess I come by it honest.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • Friend is coming today to spend weekend with me. Roomie might not be around much, but it'll be nice to see the friend I only get to see once a year usually. It'll be a good break from everything, and to hang out with someone with a shared interest I don't have with any of my local friends. I'm just excited, it should prove to be a chill and fun weekend. Baking for him too. And cooking. Really, I'm just looking forward to seeing him and relaxing. I wish our friend from Texas could join us though, but we'll see him in July. Choo-choo con family train.
    Mysrai, the Beckoner Beyond the Maze intones, "Continue to manifest the paradigm of working, My Alary."
    The Divine voice of Camus the Cinderfly echoes in your head, "Thank you, once-body. I am happy that I fell into that eye."
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Upcoming time off, hooray!

...where I can catch up on my work. H-hooray? =((
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."

• Daraius said:
    When I took my family to see Zootopia this week (it's a family film after all), my grandma remarked on the sexiness of the tiger dancers, and my aunt started proposing fursonas for all of us. I guess I come by it honest.
    Well can you blame her? Those tigers are delicious.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Yep, I'm sure the character designer intended for them to appeal to certain people, but I don't know if 70-something grandmas were the target audience. I'm not planning to discourage her newfound interest. ;))
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    The end of the grading tunnel is in sight! Wheeee.

(Also I had a satisfying moment where I got puncture the bubble that this smug I-don't-do-homework-or-show-up-to-class-or-start-my-essay-until-the-night-before-it's-due student lives in. Newsflash: if you don't do what you're supposed to or pay attention to the grading rubric, inevitably you do something wrong! You can be a good writer and wind up writing completely the wrong essay for an assignment, you know.)
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • edited March 2016
    Amazing weekend, like holy wow. Trips around the town, dodging puke piles and drunk frat boys. Seeing people I like. Watching friends meet each other for the first time and within hours start grilling on each other in good fun. 5 hour game of Cards Against Humanity, pizza, junk food, diner food, and of course, a healthy helping of anime and MLP. I needed this weekend after everything, it was entirely worth the day I'm going to have today. I needed this weekend to remind me that I'm still awesome and I can still do things. Just a bit slower now.
    Mysrai, the Beckoner Beyond the Maze intones, "Continue to manifest the paradigm of working, My Alary."
    The Divine voice of Camus the Cinderfly echoes in your head, "Thank you, once-body. I am happy that I fell into that eye."
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    edited March 2016
    Alary said:
    Amazing weekend, like holy wow. Trips around the town, dodging puke piles and drunk frat boys. Seeing people I like. Watching friends meet each other for the first time and within hours start grilling on each other in good fun. 5 hour game of Cards Against Humanity, pizza, junk food, diner food, and of course, a healthy helping of anime and MLP. I needed this weekend after everything, it was entirely worth the day I'm going to have today. I needed this weekend to remind me that I'm still awesome and I can still do things. Just a bit slower now.
    I mean, most of this sounds pretty good, but I can't help feeling like something just doesn't quite fit in.
  • I live in a college town, and Saturday was every single frat house St. Patrick's day party, which meant it bled into downtown, which meant those unpleasant things. It happens, you kind of get used to it and learn to watch where you're walking.
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    I mean, dodging it sounds amazing when you consider the alternative.
  • I now get 6 weeks PTO per year, and 3 weeks paid sick leave (which I will never use, but hey).

• Eldanien said:
    I now get 6 weeks PTO per year, and 3 weeks paid sick leave (which I will never use, but hey).
    ...jealous.