Real World Raves

Comments

• SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Got my fave lit professor to agree to be on my thesis committee. :x
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    I got asked to do some phone banking by a local political party. I can't say which one, but his name rhymes with Ernie Flanders.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • So, I was going to start a huge project next month. But then last night I found out Welcome to Nightvale is coming to Cleveland. So. Project is on indefinite hold, because roommate's birthday gift is going to see Nightvale live. It is literally the best possible thing I could get them, and thanks to some help, I'm making it a reality. I mean, I'm going too and pretty excited, because we'd definitely go together anyway, but I'm honestly more excited that I have literally won best birthday gift award this year. No one can top me.
    Mysrai, the Beckoner Beyond the Maze intones, "Continue to manifest the paradigm of working, My Alary."
    The Divine voice of Camus the Cinderfly echoes in your head, "Thank you, once-body. I am happy that I fell into that eye."
  • My draft for my Technical Report on using Bioretention to capture stormwater runoff and prevent flooding is handed in, now I am on study week and I went out for a very yummy dinner of teppinyaki, my first time!

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• Luce said:
    So, the Paizo Humble Bundle is amazing. It's only missing maybe three books my regular group uses on a consistent basis, and has a BUNCH of utilities, and even comes with a season of PFS scenarios.

Second on recommending this as well. For a little more than the price of one of Pazio's 62 page books (~$16) you get nearly all their main books. It's a deal to the point of if you are even passively interested in reading one of the books its worth it. 
  • RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    Dylara said:
    My draft for my Technical Report on using Bioretention to capture stormwater runoff and prevent flooding is handed in, now I am on study week and I went out for a very yummy dinner of teppinyaki, my first time!

If you're still in the area I think you are, did you go to Ten-Ichi? Because that place is amazing.

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

• edited February 2016
    No, we went to Memories of Japan. It was super yummy and fun.

May suggest that to the group some time, it's a bit out of the way for us though.

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

edited February 2016
    I'm not shy of driving, even if you want to do something outside the city.

Also, if you ever get the chance. Ten-Ichi. Mouthwatering.

Edit: Thought you were talking about the Lusty TO group. But yea, still.

Before an earthly flight

• Haha, well would be nice to meet up again but did mean the group of friends outside of Lusternia.

• PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    Kaalak said:
    Luce said:
    So, the Paizo Humble Bundle is amazing. It's only missing maybe three books my regular group uses on a consistent basis, and has a BUNCH of utilities, and even comes with a season of PFS scenarios.

Second on recommending this as well. For a little more than the price of one of Pazio's 62 page books (~$16) you get nearly all their main books. It's a deal to the point of if you are even passively interested in reading one of the books its worth it. 

Point of reference on this, though: All of the rules content in the rulebooks (and most of their other ones) is available for free online, and it's completely legal. The adventure books are not free, and it's probably worthwhile just for those if you're interested in them, but you might want to give the Pathfinder SRD a look before you buy if you've never played before.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Legal everywhere but organised play, or anything with Paizo directly, mind you. Also, technically, the clerics lose a bit of flavour by not having the Paizo books available, since you can't use the Golarion gods (not an issue for other divine classes, oddly.). And humans are boring, because you don't have the various kingdoms of the Inner Sea to use as a base.
  • Have a photoshoot this Saturday for our cast, which will turn into an audio drama I get to record! <3 sound work and getting to be in photos
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    Cooking dinner tonight took an hour longer than it should have due to a never-ending series of mishaps and unforeseen circumstances. I was so worried that all the extra trouble was going to culminate in an inedible mess at the end, but it actually turned out great! I am relieved and happy. 
    I've gotten much more work done lately in a widely lesser amount of time than I would expect - which means I've become much more efficient and comfortable in my craft. I'm pretty darn happy with this.

Before an earthly flight

• EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Rancoura said:
    I've gotten much more work done lately in a widely lesser amount of time than I would expect - which means I've become much more efficient and comfortable in my craft. I'm pretty darn happy with this.
    And that you'll be more active soon, right? RIGHT? :P
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
    edited February 2016
    Psh, I am active. Ask all my little Shadowdancers.

I.e. I'm being bad and am probably more active than I should be. /neglectingworkforLusternia

Before an earthly flight

• TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Went and read to my son's pre-k class for Nevada Reading Week. Was good times, especially seeing him being the calm voice of reason with his classmates. Now if I could just get him to do that at home...
  • Rave: One of the mechanical keycap sets that I have my eye on for a long, long time just went on sale on Massdrop. You can bet your ass I bought it.

Rant: After all things were said and done, the keycaps cost more than my keyboard...

BUT THEY'RE SO PRETTY!

• SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    edited March 2016
    Florida is finally warm again! Like warm enough to wear the summer clothes that make up 80% of my wardrobe. Woooo. Tomorrow I will wow students with an outfit that is not one I've already worn 5 times!
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
    More importantly, they're doing a Legends of the Hidden Temple movie!
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

• Everiine said:

How are they going to make a movie out of a game show?

• edited March 2016
    I'd drunk-watch the hell out of that.

• LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Havastus said:
    Everiine said:

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/29/94/a8/2994a87c6f2c1b951da39366b6fb7c3f.jpg
  • Luce said:
    Havastus said:
    Everiine said:

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/29/94/a8/2994a87c6f2c1b951da39366b6fb7c3f.jpg

I've drunk-watched the hell out of that.

When on Earth is Carmen Sandiego was one of the greatest shows in my childhood. I've never rooted for the villain so much.

• AND THEY'RE REMAKING A POWER RANGERS MOVIE TOO!?

MY NOSTALGIA CAN ONLY TAKE SO MUCH!