Real World Raves

Comments

• I think I can only type something like 90 WPM.

Though I did learn how to type from playing Achaea as a kid, and wanting to keep up with what was going on!

• PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    edited February 2016
    Sylandra said:
    I've been mocked by students for how fast I type in the classroom. "Are you even typing words?!"
    Hah, my family makes comments like that towards me. MUDs totally taught me to type quickly. I was 12 when I played my first MUD, and I didn't know aliases or triggers were possible, so I got pretty good at typing out all my attacking and curing quickly. (And I learned to read quickly by watching my brother's subtitled Dragon Ball Z VHS tapes in elementary school...I picked pretty nerdy ways to learn skills, I guess.) 
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Sylandra said:
    I've been mocked by students for how fast I type in the classroom. "Are you even typing words?!"
    I had a similar thing at a previous job. Boss watched me work for 20 minutes at verifying prescription images against MD entered. Halfway through he asked 'Are you even looking at the scrip?". Tripped me up so much my productivity got cut nearly in half and I started getting errors. 

WARNING: TVTROPE BOMB DETECTED.
  • AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    Zyphora said:
    It's to the point that it can be torture to watch other co-workers type. Some just "peck" at the keys. I want to just shove them away from the keyboard and take over while they dictate.

And sometimes I do.

But I shove very gently.

here it's called the 'eagle eye search system' typing concept.
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Kubo and the Two Strings

Looks to me like a beautifully animated tale about a kid who ANIMATES ORIGAMI WITH MUSIC. And Charlize Theron voices a sword-wielding macaque. I'll take ten tickets, please.

Then there's Zootopia, starring my main man Jason Bateman as a fox.

Wall to wall furries the likes of which the world has not seen since Robin Hood. Although I am a little concerned about the set of folks scenes like this are meant to appeal to. @-)

And of course, what will undoubtedly be the dumbest movie I ever watch ten times in theatres, Zoolander 2.

I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • edited February 2016
    Been distracting myself with getting into 3D printing lately.  Here's some of my goodies I have printed over the past 2 days.

The head of Doomhammer (still printing the handle)

Ocarina of Time, anyone?

(Yes, these are both still pre-sanding/painting phase,  but I still felt like showing them off - and yes, the ocarina is fully functional and can be played)
    Kiss of the Enchantress hisses eerily, "Let them fear, and despair."
  • Man, now you've gone and done it :( I want a 3D-printer more than ever now...
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    edited February 2016
    Wrong place
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Stratas said:
    I found out last Thursday that I had to take the TEAS V test this morning, or be kicked off the nursing school waitlist. 3 hours of studying* later, and one very early morning wake up, and I got to go in and kick its ass. I'm in the 97th percentile, for the first time since the last time I took a standardized test, some 14 years ago.

My nursing school spot is secure, and now all I have to do is wait and try to remember all the anatomy and physiology I've forgotten.

Yeah, I have to take the TEAS near the end of this month. I only have to score in the top 75% or so though, so I have absolutly no worries on that front. 
  • edited February 2016
    Things have most certainly been on the up-and-up lately, since my recent close call (mentioned in General Dissatisfaction)

Been talking with my fiancee over the past couple of days and now have a concrete date for my shift to the USA - Roll on November 30th!  I have 9 and a half months to tie up all my loose ends (though this is subject to my visa being approved, obviously)

Kiss of the Enchantress hisses eerily, "Let them fear, and despair."
    Watched Deadpool last night on a date night with the missus. 10/10 would watch again as well as buy the blu-ray. Not for kids. Seriously.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Good to hear. Wife loves Deadpool, and we're catching a matinee tomorrow.
    edited February 2016
    Lag
  • School! Applying to college after being out of school for 6 years. It's terrifying, it's even more terrifying that probably the only thing they're going to look at is my personal statement, and that's going to be a nightmare to write. Also school, just generally terrifying. Though, bonus, roommate is a grad student at the school with their own office, and I have permission to go hide in the office. In the anthropology department. I'm going into Theatre. But I'll have a secret hide-away. No one's gonna look for a techie in the anthro department. Still, terrifying. Very terrifying.
    Mysrai, the Beckoner Beyond the Maze intones, "Continue to manifest the paradigm of working, My Alary."
    The Divine voice of Camus the Cinderfly echoes in your head, "Thank you, once-body. I am happy that I fell into that eye."
  • Can confirm, Deadpool was the shit. Perfect 5/7, haven't laughed so hard from the opening credits to onwards in a long long time!

Go see Deadpool. Excellent movie, I felt they really captured the character pretty much perfectly. And lordy did they earn that R rating.
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    I turn 29 in a month. 

The most important thing I learned at 28 was the exact combination of skin cleanser, toner, moisturizer, concealer, and hair product to hide the fact that I am about to be 29.
    It's not hidden. We've just been too polite to point it out.
    Tarkenton said:
    It's not hidden. We've just been too polite to point it out.
    That, and Celina's horrible fashion sense just scream out "Old Maid".
  • I have to think there are some 40+ year olds who play this game, who're surfing this thread right now just rolling their eyes listening to a late 20-something complaining about being old.

• You're all so old
  • I'm glad people like Yarou are here so I'm not the youngest anymore.
    I turn thirty one in a month. Can't sleep on any surface anymore without feeling it the next morning, but otherwise things are pretty sweet.
  • @Celina At least you get to look forward to resurrecting as someone's Sugar Daddy. That's kinda neat, I guess.

• Chirbo said:
    You're all so old
    You're all so young

06/30/2014 19:37 Silvanus channels the power of the Megalith of Doom for you, stripping you of your Vernal Ascendant status.......bastard!!

• RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    So, I just came back from Deadpool, and it was decent, but I feel like you guys hyped it up quite a lot more than I feel it deserved. Not nearly as vulgar as reviews and such made it sound. It was entertaining, though.

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight