Real World Raves

Comments

• Tervic said:
    Synkarin said:
    Bronco's heading back to the Superbowl!!!!

Where it'll likely be a complete blowout (again) or we'll squeak it out like every other game this season.
    You take your filthy sportball and get it out of my peninsula. (jk, I love you, but seriously, the sportball is utterly destroying ALL the local public transit for at least a month, and I'm bracing for the inevitable post-sportball riots)
    That only happens in hockey, silly.

• RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    (And soccer).

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

• EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Or if you're at OSU. They riot and burn cars when they win, and riot and burn cars when they lose. It was the only part of living in Columbus I couldn't stand.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • Finally moving onto a new project at work. Hopefully I won't have to write COBOL again! *fingers crossed*

• Best wishes to Paul, who decided to celebrate his wife having a baby by handing out cold beers and cigars to passersby today. Was an interesting wait for the bus
  • Lavinya said:
    The kids are all back at schoooooooooool and I am freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee (for a few hours.)
      lavinya has kids? wtf?

#blindsided

• LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Yarou said:
    Lavinya said:
    The kids are all back at schoooooooooool and I am freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee (for a few hours.)
      lavinya has kids? wtf?

#blindsided
    Lavinya has four of them. Lavinya is not a spring chicken. ;)

• Lavinya said:
    Yarou said:
    Lavinya said:
      lavinya has kids? wtf?

#blindsided
    I'm always surprised by how old we (you) all are. In my mind, everyone's my age until otherwise stated. And normally when it's stated otherwise, they're in their 30's.

I'd call you all old, but, I'm only a few years away from my 30's...

Havastus said:
    Lavinya said:
    Yarou said:
    Lavinya said:
      lavinya has kids? wtf?

#blindsided
    I'm always surprised by how old we (you) all are. In my mind, everyone's my age until otherwise stated. And normally when it's stated otherwise, they're in their 30's.

30s are the new 20s! 

• Lavinya said:
    Havastus said:
    Lavinya said:
    Yarou said:
    Lavinya said:
      lavinya has kids? wtf?

#blindsided

30s are the new 20s! 
    The other breaking news is that Leolamins is the father of said children

06/30/2014 19:37 Silvanus channels the power of the Megalith of Doom for you, stripping you of your Vernal Ascendant status.......bastard!!

• CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    Are they playing Lusternia yet?
    Enyalida said:
    I feel better than I have in a long time.

I got a mix of good and bad news today regarding my schoolin. Long long long story short, I don't qualify for the Bachelors Nursing Program where I live. My long and storied educational history still dogs me, as I feared. It's hard to explain how bad it is, it's a problem complex that has defined my entire life forever. At this point, no matter how great my scores are, no big school is going to take me. The good news is that it doesn't fucking matter, this once. Evidently, it would be really stupid for me to take the Bachelors program even if I did qualify - I more than easily qualify for the much cheaper and faster RN program (associates degree), and I have so many credits that the minute I get a job as an RN I will both qualify and will have completed something like 85% of the best RN-to-BSN program in my state, regardless of my long meandering transcript - all in less time than the BSN program. Like... 2-3 years less. 

I feeling celebratory, and am hoping it's not just a short lived manic period. I've got to wait until I can talk to my mother before getting the rest of the way drunk. See everyone some other day! 
    Congrats! I feel your pain with higher education. I dropped out of college when I was 20 and was delinquent on my student loans so long they just took my (very small) paychecks away. For 8 years no school worth attending has wanted anything to do with me.

8 years later I worked hard to be successful without a degree (in DC, the land of a million Masters degrees no less), and in 11 months my student loans fall off my credit, and I'll have a pristine score, a great income, and a good job. SUCK ON THAT STATUS QUO. 

I'm debating going back, though I'm pretty sure my first two years worth of credits are now null and void. 

• Lavinya said:
    Yarou said:
    Lavinya said:
      lavinya has kids? wtf?

#blindsided
      liiiiies. i think of all lusternian players as college students in their early-mid twenties until proven otherwise.

I graduated highschool in 2000. And my eldest child is 9. So.....

(maybe my maturity level is still around 22. Young at heart forever?)

• QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    This is a text-based game.

Pretty sure the average age of the player base is significantly older than mid-twenties.

• SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Though I notice college students tend to have more time on their hands, which just skew the numbers in terms of visibility!
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    I thought you were all 16, like me. :(
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    How long have you been 17?
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    19 years.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • I haven't stopped listening to Dream Theater's new album since I got my copy on Friday. So good.
    7c95dbc25a4a9ae292cccb899a49a79b18529207e135ebccd89c0877d386ebea
    ALL HAIL THE MIGHTY GLOW CLOUD.
    Ieptix said:
    I haven't stopped listening to Dream Theater's new album since I got my copy on Friday. So good.
    Dream theater blow my mind. I don't listen to them all that much but as a musician I have the greatest respect and awe for their technical talent. The time signatures....so nuts! Freaks of nature with unholy ability.

• SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    >:D< The feeling is mutual!
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • I type 124 WPM with 100% accuracy, so says all the assessments the temp agency gave me. =/