Real World Raves

Comments

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    See you in a month. :))
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    So this Half-Life 2 thing is pretty great. I love being a theoretical physicist who blows up aliens for a living.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
    edited March 2016
    Someone remade some of Totakeke's greatest hits with English lyrics. Some are better than others, and even the best are just shy of perfect, but the nostalgia is real. :x
    I used to make cakes.

• Man, best day today. My collection ... it grows.
    Mysrai, the Beckoner Beyond the Maze intones, "Continue to manifest the paradigm of working, My Alary."
    The Divine voice of Camus the Cinderfly echoes in your head, "Thank you, once-body. I am happy that I fell into that eye."
  • http://www.matthiaslechner.com/zootopia.html

ZOOTOPIA concept art as posted by the artist.

@Daraius i thought you might enjoy this!
    is dead like the dodo
    Am I all about some gorgeous hand drawn concept art? Yes, yes I am. :x
    I used to make cakes.

• @Daraius i confess to liking art of zootopia more than the movie! it's a great film and with a good plot twist.

incidentally DON'T pay to watch Kungfu panda 3. buy the dvd instead. i did, and i sorely regret it. i love the franchise but it wasn't worth the price of the movie ticket. i could have used that money to buy the dvd instead!
    is dead like the dodo
    Well if it's that bad I don't plan on owning it! We have a theatre in my city that plays movies just off their main theatrical run. By the time DVD's are coming out, the movie's usually playing there, and you can see it for two bucks. We also have a theatre that sell $6 tickets every Tuesday, so if I'm interested in a movie but not willing to pay the full price or wait for it to hit the $2 theatre, I'll see it then. :)
    I used to make cakes.

• edited March 2016
    @Daraius lucky! i paid 18 dollars in my local currency. ticket prices have gone WAAAAY up in my city. granted the last time i saw a movie in the movie theatre was something like three years ago. more than tripled. :(

that's the price of a decent meal at a mid priced restarant (not fancy dining nor a greasy spoon) for two, or about two big mac sets at Mcdonalds. 

Not one of my better decisions, should have gone for zootopia instead but the showing they had was too late for me. 
    is dead like the dodo
  • Friends share great stories. Best friends share stories that make them cry. Read Winter Soldier: Bitter March. Cried. Gave to roommate to keep. Fully expect angry rant, because Bucky Barnes is roommate's favorite. I also got some Black Widow comics, pictured above, that make me cry. Will send those roomie's way as well, after the inevitable cry-rant from them. I'm all like "Here, this hurts me. Read it."
    Mysrai, the Beckoner Beyond the Maze intones, "Continue to manifest the paradigm of working, My Alary."
    The Divine voice of Camus the Cinderfly echoes in your head, "Thank you, once-body. I am happy that I fell into that eye."
  • @Daraius it's not that bad actually, it's delivers everything the franchise promises but the gags felt familiar. The art of the movie is beautiful as ever - that's the only reason why i went to watch it, but it didn't offer anything all that new. you get to see old characters and some new ones. it's still a great watch just not worth the entry of the pricey movie ticket IMHO.  I'd buy a copy to keep but not to watch in the theatre. (given that ticket prices are just about worth the cost of the dvd on sale! down where i'm at)

An old character and a new villian face off. PO meets his panda dad. His goose father, and his birth father start up a mini-rivialry. The furious five make an appearance and we get to see the panda village. the villain Shen, gets a cameo. Po kicks new villain butt and levels up at the end. 
    is dead like the dodo
  • Been laid off for close to three weeks now. Was able to catch a call out yesterday for an apprentice job at the new Falcon's Stadium in Atlanta.

Pretty stoked to not only be working commercial instead of industrial, but I also get to have my hands on something that'll be there for years that millions and millions will see.

The only downside is that it's a plumbing apprentice job, not a pipefitting apprentice job. Still stoked, though.
    come2mag
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    edited March 2016
    Good luck Phoebus!!!!! You got this!!!!
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Phoebus said:
    Shaddus said:
    Good luck Phoebus!!!!! You got this!!!!
    Your exclamation points fill me with determination.  :P
    Phoebus! Don't give up!
  • I just got invited to an assessment center at the Bavarian Library Academy o__O I totally did not expect that since I am probably the only applicant without a PhD. Now, I have to find out what you do at an assessment center, how not to panic because of people and how to make a good impression for somebody who wants to be a librarian (it's been my dream since I was little).
    Guys if you aren't watching Erased, please binge it immediately.
    I used to make cakes.

• Daraius said:
    Guys if you aren't watching Erased, please binge it immediately.
    I can confirm that this is a good idea
  • Raves for Lavinya because if she wasn't here the world would be a shittier place!
  • Not only did my Zombies Run! Virtual race kit arrive today (all dat running swag, yo!) but I also overcame my fear of driving. I do have a driving license but since it's quite expensive in my country, I got it relatively late (compared to my friends who got it as presents for their 18th birthday) and tend to be very insecure. But yesterday, my roomie hurt himself during training so he couldn't drive to our hometown today...which resulted in me driving about 53 miles on the motorway (usually, I prefer to avoid high speeds). We survived the trip and he even congratulated me on my driving...and most surprisingly, it even was fun.
  • edited March 2016
    GlamGlow Youthmud Tinglexfoliate Treatment may sound stupid, but zomg this face mask is amazing. 

Also recommend Lush Lip Scrub in Mint Julip and Bite Agave Lip Mask. 

Still haven't found a concealer I love, but I am committed to the journey. I thought Nars was good, but apparently flash photography hates it and you look like a concealer clown in photos.

Something about almost being 30 has revitalized my skin care obsession. 

(this is also the most exciting thing going on in my life. #boring)
  • GlamGlow Youthmud Tinglexfoliate Treatment may sound stupid, but zomg this face mask is amazing. 

It... kind of sounds like an address in England. ... I might be tired.
    I'm Lucidian. If I don't get pedantic every so often, I might explode.
  • The joke of the day today is: This stupid car. How do you mess up that badly. Also two, mostly atheist people, walk into wal-mart and buy easter baskets for each other. Well, it was my fault. I was kind of like I'M BUYING YOU CANDY and then roomie was like FINE, I'M GOING TO BUY YOU CANDY BACK. And it turned into twenty minutes of us trying to one-up each other. There's an obscene amount of candy. We are adults.
  • Rant: It snowed last night. Mother Nature dumped about 5" of fluffy white evil on us.

Rave: I get to work from home again today! Woo!

• Rant: Almost all of  the snow around us had melted and I was about to start working on the fence lines in the summer pasture... Then it started snowing today with calls for snow all week. Welcome to Spring.

Rave: After 5 months on unemployment I had an interview today that looks like I might once again be a productive member of society.
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    My energy has been positively skyrocketing of late, but I have like zero explanation for it. I've been eating less, I've been more stressed, ingested no caffeine in the last twelve hours, and today of all days should have been a pretty crappy/draining one. But here I am, closing in on bedtime and still restless. I drank some wine to try to mellow out, but now I'm feisty and slightly tipsy instead, and my feet don't ache.

Halp how can I do this again tomorrow.

• SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Vivet said:
    My energy has been positively skyrocketing of late, but I have like zero explanation for it. I've been eating less, I've been more stressed, ingested no caffeine in the last twelve hours, and today of all days should have been a pretty crappy/draining one. But here I am, closing in on bedtime and still restless. I drank some wine to try to mellow out, but now I'm feisty and slightly tipsy instead, and my feet don't ache.

Halp how can I do this again tomorrow.

I'll have what she's having.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • Not sure if this is a rant or a rave, but I might be allowed to code stuff for work. While yay, coding, it's also panic-inducing pressure. Half of me wants to just go back on it and go "screw this, hello comfort-zone", while the other half of me is going "yay, I'll be able to make my workplace a better place for people".
    :-/