• RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    @Demartel

Warning: Adorable swear words.

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

• TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    @Tynghall for making me laugh over a mention I thought would be super serious. Holy shit. <3
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • Finally saw Zootopia. It was even better than expected.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • Life has a funny way of working out. I may have stopped work on Catmint's fursuit, but I am getting a black and white dog suit head, it needs a lot of fixing up, but he's cute and oh my god I'm getting a fursuit.
    Mysrai, the Beckoner Beyond the Maze intones, "Continue to manifest the paradigm of working, My Alary."
    The Divine voice of Camus the Cinderfly echoes in your head, "Thank you, once-body. I am happy that I fell into that eye."
  • Real life raves for Debussy and Rainy Mood. Keeping me mellow and focused.
    The apple is cold, crisp, and sour as the juices fill your mouth. As you consume the fruit, you glimpse, for a moment, a massive, shadowy figure, Her snow-white hair framing a perfect, icy-eyed visage. Beneath you, a vast, perfect web of silken strands lies - and, for a moment, you realize that you too are part of it, weaver and strand both - and home.

• Ah, just hearing him talk makes me feel like theres hope.
  • edited April 2016
    After waging chemical warfare...I think my dog is tick free. finally!

Now, lets see if the wee bastards will make a comeback. If they do, It's chemical warfare time, on the garden!
    is dead like the dodo
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Following the recent dissatisfaction, wanted to just LOL at getting a student email apologizing for a class absence today after sending out an email like an hour ago saying class was canceled. Oh, student. You.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    Did you send it through Blackboard? I've found (having been on both ends) that spam filters tend to pick up class cancellations through Blackboard sometimes. I have yet to figure out how to prevent that, much to my irritation.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
    Portius said:
    Did you send it through Blackboard? I've found (having been on both ends) that spam filters tend to pick up class cancellations through Blackboard sometimes. I have yet to figure out how to prevent that, much to my irritation.
    Oh geez, for real? That's troubling. I like to use Blackboard because it has the lists of all the student emails. I know a few students got the email ok, so I'm going to hope no one was confused this morning. Good to know though, thanks for the heads-up.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • Sylandra said:
    Portius said:
    Oh geez, for real? That's troubling. I like to use Blackboard because it has the lists of all the student emails. I know a few students got the email ok, so I'm going to hope no one was confused this morning. Good to know though, thanks for the heads-up.
    Blackboard is evil.

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    I had a professor once who would cancel classes all the time and was really bad about canceling classes all the time and not really telling anyone with sufficient warning. Scheduling and availability meant I had to drive ~40m across the city to attend this one inconsistent class. For part of the semester, my mom was using my car while they got another one, so I had to ride the bus for at least an hour and a half one way to this one class that sometimes just wouldn't happen. I gave her my phone number, and had her text or call me on mornings when she wasn't going to show up to class. 
    edited April 2016
    Enyalida said:
    I had a professor once who would cancel classes all the time and was really bad about canceling classes all the time and not really telling anyone with sufficient warning. Scheduling and availability meant I had to drive ~40m across the city to attend this one inconsistent class. For part of the semester, my mom was using my car while they got another one, so I had to ride the bus for at least an hour and a half one way to this one class that sometimes just wouldn't happen. I gave her my phone number, and had her text or call me on mornings when she wasn't going to show up to class. 
    Ouch, that's rough. My bus ride is like the bus ride you're describing, and I wound up missing it despite running to the second stop. This is the first time I've canceled actually...ever. I gave an hour notice though. It would have taken me fifteen minutes to get to my car from the bus stop, then I needed to get more gas, then I'd have to brave 8am rush hour traffic in Miami, which last time I tried took me 80 minutes to arrive to class, even without those previous factors to account for timewise. So I'd probably have missed half my class slot by the time I arrived, after braving terrifying traffic with my own personal brand of driving anxiety, which has made me have to take a break in a parking lot to just break down and cry because no one uses turn signals here and it's terrible.

I absolutely don't mean to mock students who can't attend a class due to commute, or who have outside issues; I understand them, and don't penalize harshly as long as students are keeping up with their work. I've sometimes told students "it's okay for you to skip, you just flew in at 5am from visiting your sick grandmother, go sleep like a human being, I can give you notes." To clarify, I was more amused that I got an email declaring an absence based on a Tuesday doctor's appointment, which I only heard about on Thursday after class was already canceled.
    Daraius said:
  • edited November 2018
    -
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    It's almost crisco season. Hello biscuits, pies, tarts and all manner of other pastries and baked goods.  
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Crisco is seasonal?  :-/
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • Rave at @Sylandra for existing.
    Hallen said:
    Rave at @Sylandra for existing.

<3 You're pretty cool yourself! Raves for Hallen chats.
    Daraius said:
  • So even though I still have no idea how I should make my program work the way my professor wants it to (I am starting to hate machine learning) and being utterly nervous because of tomorrow (first assessment centre...uhm...yay?) my day was brightened by a friend who brought me taro milk tea from his trip to China. It was a little bit more than I expected (now, I am sitting on 2kg of it) but I am so glad that I can finally drink it again...and will probably be able to for a long time :)
  • I'm going to a cat cafe on Thursday, after spending a day visiting my friends cats, having my friends visit my cat and dog. It's going to be such a fun day.

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Thyelleia said:
    So even though I still have no idea how I should make my program work the way my professor wants it to (I am starting to hate machine learning) and being utterly nervous because of tomorrow (first assessment centre...uhm...yay?) my day was brightened by a friend who brought me taro milk tea from his trip to China. It was a little bit more than I expected (now, I am sitting on 2kg of it) but I am so glad that I can finally drink it again...and will probably be able to for a long time :)
    Omg are you studying AI?  @-)
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."