Real World Raves

Comments

• Maylea said:
    Raves for being able to be here again! <3
    Always good when admin come back :)

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• edited November 2018
    -
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    The last antibiotic that I need to take is today. Fingers crossed that this is it and I won't require any others.

I will also sleep and have a nice night of rest for the first time in one week as the last round of antibiotics left me severely sleep deprived due to stomach pain. I could only sleep 3 hours every 12 hours or so.

So, raves for me becoming a human being once again.
    As someone prone to infections, I know that feeling of final antibiotic hopefulness well (not to mention the number that strong antibiotics do on you, oof.) Here's hoping!
  • It took some effort and a few email rewrites so I didn't sound like I was just complaining, but I was able to argue my case and and had several clients shifted out of my territory into the new territory that was just created. They were terrible clients, and sent my no business, so they were dead weight. 

The things that make me happy as an adult are depressing. #adultingishard
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    I made a phone call that I was supposed to make last Tuesday, today. I know that doesn't sound much like a rave, but a week and some change is honestly pretty good time for me on that front! I had to leave a message and they're going to call me back by tomorrow evening, which is sort of annoying because I was mentally prepared to do it when I called, but I'm glad it's out of my hands for now. Small victories.
  • Raves for my landlady for having British TV. Was able to watch Shakespeare Live! by the RSC and OMG...it was so good....like all of my favourite British actors combined. Moderated by David Tennant and Catherine Tate with appearances from many more. My favourite part was a skit about the Hamlet soliloquy which ended with David Tennant, Benedict Cumberbatch, Judi Dench, Ian McKellen and Prince Charles all together on the stage.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    So Pyre appears to feature a character named Rukey, who is a talking dog with a mustache, which I guess means I need to preorder immediately.

I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • I squealed so hard when I first saw the announcement for Pyre.
    7c95dbc25a4a9ae292cccb899a49a79b18529207e135ebccd89c0877d386ebea
    ALL HAIL THE MIGHTY GLOW CLOUD.
  • Ran my first real 10k for this year and managed to improve by a minute compared to last year even though I wasn't able to train a lot because of icky muscles. The weather was quite bad (about 41°F with occasional hail, snow and rain) but luckily it stayed dry for most of the run and the atmosphere was so great that I forgot the cold.
  • My 2 year old has taken to growling at you when you tell him to do something and speaking in a growly voice. He has also recently started howling at the sky like a wolf. I am starting to get concerned that he ran into a werewolf on one of his merry adventures in the countryside. When is the next full moon?
  • My Garden is doing super well...

My Valerian Plant is doing well :D

My onion sprouting in the corner and my woven pyramid of soon to be cucumbers and the background will be broccoli and cauliflower

The bumblebees are loving my garlic plants as well :D
  • Mmm, garlic-honey.

• Its kinda awesome my school has a community garden, and the Environmental center said as long as I label everything for the botany classes and keep it well kept I can have as many plots as I want because I take such good care of them.  I have three now and a raspberry trellis, Never thought I would be the gardening sort.
  • They just hired a new person in my office and, for fun, I googled her name. She raps. And she's on youtube. And it's really, really graphic. 

I can't look at her in the eye anymore. 
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    I'd ask you to share, for hilarity, but I understand why you can't. But that sounds epic.
  • google Blaq Dior
  • Scanlan said:
    My Garden is doing super well...

I am afraid it might be too late to start my seeds. :(
    Flames erupt from the caldera below as a distorted voice echoes, "Their spirit must be broken if they wish to be reborn as true warriors."
  • Sylvanas said:
    Scanlan said:
    My Garden is doing super well...

I am afraid it might be too late to start my seeds. :(
    You might still be okay, just look and see, generally alot of seeds have two planting points for early and late season, so you might just be in a flux moment, you could always prepare starts indoors and then plant outside closer to the season start.
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Wine. Karaoke. Pat Benatar songs. I'm buzzed and happy.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • Another 'food from other countries'-rave from me: an Indian friend just visited us and now I finally have my favourite blend of chicken masala again (I don't eat chicken but I put it on p much everything else because it's the best spice ever).
  • Tikka masala is a funny story.  Invented by a Pakistani in Glasgow, Scotland.  Now the UK imports tons of the raw spices to make the sauce, for which India is the chief export destination.

• EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    I love indian food. 
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    edited May 2016
    Heads up everyone in the Mafia thread: Ian McKellan is launching a Shakespeare app.

Also, have this thing with Judi Dench, David Tennant, Benedict Cumberbatch etc.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • And for people who want a short summary of Shakespeare's plays, here is an abridged comedy version.
  • Daraius said:
    I've begun orchestrating my schedule to attend the strictly regimented training courses for volunteering at my city's SPCA (and for the less regimented but inconveniently scheduled volunteer orientation for the animal care and control shelter), hopefully putting myself in a position to gain experience and connections to transition into professional dog training or canine behavior counseling. :|
    Ugh, I tried volunteering with them once, it was crazy how strict they were about everything. I ended up getting those hours elsewhere, as I recall.
    Jadice, the Frost Queen says to you, "Constant vigilance."
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Hah, yeah I got a good chunk of my volunteer hours in high school (we went to the same one, right?) walking dogs at the SPCA, but there was waaay less oversight back then. Nowadays you need volunteer orientation, in-house jobs training, and ten hours of in-house volunteer work (cleaning, laundry, clerical stuff) before you can even sign up for the dog handling course, which is required before you can take any dogs out of their kennels. Definitely didn't have to go through any of that in high school, but I can understand why they need that level of organization and security now.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."