Real World Raves

Comments

• Daraius said:
    Hah, yeah I got a good chunk of my volunteer hours in high school (we went to the same one, right?) walking dogs at the SPCA, but there was waaay less oversight back then. Nowadays you need volunteer orientation, in-house jobs training, and ten hours of in-house volunteer work (cleaning, laundry, clerical stuff) before you can even sign up for the dog handling course, which is required before you can take any dogs out of their kennels. Definitely didn't have to go through any of that in high school, but I can understand why they need that level of organization and security now.
    I seem to recall so, yeah. It's for a good cause, though, and everyone I've talked to (who actually went through with it) loved it, so to each their own I suppose! I went and helped out with the National Park Service at the battlefields, which was more my speed I think.
    Jadice, the Frost Queen says to you, "Constant vigilance."
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    I approve so hard of this.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Hey, I am in need of some good whiskey too. I prefer the Irish kind though

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • KaimanahiKaimanahi The One True Queen
    K, I'll be driving by your hood on Friday. We'll arrange a drop site.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Hey @Sylandra remember when we stayed up until 2:30 pitching sequels and spinoffs for your IPs? Turns out I misread my schedule and was four hours late for my baking shift. :| This is a rave because I still managed to get everything done in time. #noregrets
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
    Daraius said:
    Hey @Sylandra remember when we stayed up until 2:30 pitching sequels and spinoffs for your IPs? Turns out I misread my schedule and was four hours late for my baking shift. :| This is a rave because I still managed to get everything done in time. #noregrets

We are such enablers, you and I.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • I hung out with a new friend today, and things just feel like they're looking up. Even though I have a ton of school work to do, I just want to rave again for the support I have here. I love you guys.
    The apple is cold, crisp, and sour as the juices fill your mouth. As you consume the fruit, you glimpse, for a moment, a massive, shadowy figure, Her snow-white hair framing a perfect, icy-eyed visage. Beneath you, a vast, perfect web of silken strands lies - and, for a moment, you realize that you too are part of it, weaver and strand both - and home.
    I saw the Lion King musical for the first time. The kid playing young Simba was a low point of the productions, but the sets and costumes more than made up for it. That wildebeest stampede tho. :-O
    I used to make cakes.

• EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    edited May 2016
    I haven't seen it, but I really love the soundtrack/score.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    The Lion King musical was amazing. Absolutely amazing. Rafiki was a particular highlight for me!

Rave for productivity. Also. This is hilarious and too real.
    Daraius said:
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Yes, the Lion King musical is an amazing production!
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    I took my wife to it the night I proposed. So I hardly remember it xD
  • AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    So many raves for the birch trees finally deciding it's time to be done with their pollination. I can walk outside again. I still need allergy meds for I guess another 6 weeks, but I can be outside again. Walking in sun-bathed alleys, sitting in the sun and feeling warmth on my skin. I'm a bunch of happy right now :-D Missed you sun. Good to have you back.
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
    Sometimes you are like "is what I do even worth it" but then you get an email in your inbox which is just a genuinely nice thank you, and things feel a bit brighter. :)
    Daraius said:
    edited May 2016
    Civil War was great, and I counted eight three-point landings. :D
    I used to make cakes.

• Daraius said:
    That movie made me hate Cap'n and like Iron Man. I did not think this was possible.

Also, best Marvel movie villain of all time.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • edited May 2016

:D Scrambled eggs over a bain marie (double boiler). No fancy ingredients nor equipment needed. One metal bowl and one pot.

I get hot water for tea/coffee and extra fluffy scrambled eggs. The real rave is that it stretches your eggs further. two eggs, when cooked this way can be easily spread on toast to feed two to four (Smallish) people.
    (or one extra hungry person.)

I do it differently from Heston. I melt butter in my metal bowl over the pot of water and I beat my eggs until the color changes. Then use a whisk to keep the eggs moving in the bowl. The trick is to control the heat. It will take a few tries to get right. :)

Scrambled eggs in a pan - Pfffff! I'm never going back to that again!
    is dead like the dodo
  • Only have one more week until I start my new job. No more being essentially the department manager for shit pay, no benefits, and constant stress. Yaaaaaayyyyyy
  • New job constantly surprises me with unexpected perks. Bonuses, shift differentials, backposted hiring bonus, unexpected mileage reimbursement for living so far away from the training site. I expected most of these, but I'm sort of floored by the numbers. I took this job mostly because the pay was significantly better than the emergency department and cardiac medical units were offering. I didn't fully appreciate the difference.

Getting things done I said I'd get done but have back-burning...for months now. Yes. Very good.
    Daraius said:
  • Kiradawea said:
    Daraius said:
    That movie made me hate Cap'n and like Iron Man. I did not think this was possible.

Also, best Marvel movie villain of all time.
    It was a pretty good movie!

I hate Cap now, and I was always fond of him.
    Flames erupt from the caldera below as a distorted voice echoes, "Their spirit must be broken if they wish to be reborn as true warriors."
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Having read the comic arc, assuming they don't diverge too far, I'll always love cap. And drunk, fun batman (iron man)
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    I just saw the movie, I don't understand why you would hate Cap after that. It didn't make me hate either of them, but it definitely made me excited for the upcoming MCU movies

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    I could take or leave both Cap and Iron Man in this installment, but the two insect-themed heroes were spot. On. It was awesome, and I'm looking forward to more from the MCU for sure.