Real World Raves

Comments

• SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Introduced younger siblings to The Avengers. There was much flailing. We are already figuring out how soon we can watch the sequel + the Iron Man movies, because they are now hooked.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Don't forget Guardians of the Galaxy!
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Still haven't seen that.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • edited February 2019
    -
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    For the first time in my life, I was approved for an actual credit card. Not one of those prepaid things that screw you over with fees.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • SOmeone made a cat purr noisemaker! http://mynoise.net/NoiseMachines/catPurrNoiseGenerator.php If you grew up sleeping with a cat it's awesome. OR if you didn't It's still awesome.
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• edited May 2016
    That face your toddler makes when he steals his mom's Iphone and turns on her music to Will. I. Am's Scream and Shout and starts shouting  "dance dance" and bouncing around like a monkey on ecstasy.

edit:: Then advances it to Rammstein and takes selfies of himself dancing to music...
  • edited November 2018
    -
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    Spider-man was awesome
  • edited November 2018
    -
  • Hoaracle said:
    The light at the end of the tunnel for this terrible semester is in sight.  :)
    I have felt your pain, it feels so nice to be done, you're almost there!

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    As these sun creatures are burning things up, my wife is grilling outside and I can smell it. It's an immersive experience!
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    So I've been planning a wedding recently. As anyone with extensive OOC contact with me can attest, I have found this highly aggravating. It's not so much that I didn't have opinions on most of the things so much as that it never occurred to me that having opinions on most of them was even possible. But I think it's finished and finalized now, so that's a rave. I guess we have to wait on a few objects to actually arrive, but that probably won't lead to any problems.

Plus it turns out that you can totally have your wedding in an animal shelter's exercise area with a bunch of adorable animals wandering around if you ask nicely. And everything is cheap is you're willing to ignore tradition and social convention and whatnot.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Portius said:
    So I've been planning a wedding recently. As anyone with extensive OOC contact with me can attest, I have found this highly aggravating. It's not so much that I didn't have opinions on most of the things so much as that it never occurred to me that having opinions on most of them was even possible. But I think it's finished and finalized now, so that's a rave. I guess we have to wait on a few objects to actually arrive, but that probably won't lead to any problems.

Plus it turns out that you can totally have your wedding in an animal shelter's exercise area with a bunch of adorable animals wandering around if you ask nicely. And everything is cheap is you're willing to ignore tradition and social convention and whatnot.
    Nice! Sounds like a fun wedding venue :) . We learned when we had our wedding that simple was definitely the way to go.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Weddings only get expensive because people insist on all the extra stuff. Go get a nice, regular dress (or whatever it is you want to wear)/rent a suit, find a friend with a big backyard, throw a BBQ, spend all the saved money on booze.
  • Apparently Ballast Point is opening up their East Coast location only a couple hours away from me, in Roanoke VA. Pretty sure that this along with Deschutes (also in Roanoke), Stone (in RVA!!), and all the microbreweries, means that our economy is now 85% beer. I'm okay with this.
    Jadice, the Frost Queen says to you, "Constant vigilance."
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Tarkenton said:
    Weddings only get expensive because people insist on all the extra stuff. Go get a nice, regular dress (or whatever it is you want to wear)/rent a suit, find a friend with a big backyard, throw a BBQ, spend all the saved money on booze.
    Oh how I wish...
  • Sylandra said:
    I'm glad I have people in my life, both online and offline, who support one another in all their artistic endeavors. Petty jealousies are so exhausting and irritating to watch, and having witnessed too many of those today, I'm thankful to know there are still people who take joy in building each other up instead of tearing other people's successes down.

Shoutout to @Irillia @Zyphora and @Allyrianne in particular. What I like about Lusternia is that we're all having fun. It's not about anyone having the "best" play or book or song or design, but rather just being happy that people are creating content and encouraging them to continue in their creative pursuits. Sure there's stuff like Beauty, or prestige wins, or whatever. But it's less about who wins and more about the fun of creating.

It's a really nice atmosphere to log into, and to play in. I hope I help facilitate that in some way.
    And a thank you and shout out to you for showing up for @Zarialle's play a while ago and encouraging both her and the rest of us actors/actresses. :)
    Flames erupt from the caldera below as a distorted voice echoes, "Their spirit must be broken if they wish to be reborn as true warriors."
  • Finally so stoked to hang the paintings I commissioned a while ago! They look gorgeous! The lighting in the photographs unfortunately don't do the paintings justice, but I'll take better pictures if requested.

Also, the artist is probably taking commissions. If you're interested, lemmie know!

(Paintings are semi-NSFW, contains tasteful nudity)

• EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    I'm getting a new (functional) fridge for my birthday! Huzzah for modern refridgeration! 
  • Prismacolour pencil crayons.

They are so amazing. So smooth. Gorgeous colours.
    Flames erupt from the caldera below as a distorted voice echoes, "Their spirit must be broken if they wish to be reborn as true warriors."
  • Raves for an old friend of mine who used to play the trumpet (lead position) in the concert band that I was in when I was young, he had a very high level of talent and has played alongside:

• Gothenburg Symphony Orchestra
    • Göteborgs Operan
    • Gageego! (soloist)
    • Göteborgs Musiken
    • NGC Wellington Sinfonia (former principal trumpet and soloist)
    • New Zealand Symphony Orchestra
    • Auckland Philharmonia
    Around 11 years ago he developed Focal Dystonia, a condition which affected the muscles of his face involved in trumpet playing, making them spasm and weak when attempting to play, effectively ending his career at that time.  At the time, he was told that the condition was incurable and that he would likely never play the Trumpet again.

He did not give up though, continuing his passion for the trumpet by teaching others how to play and learning how to understand and overcome his condition despite what he had been told and has since returned to playing at a professional level.

This video was recently uploaded by him of him playing a piece called, fittingly enough, "The Trumpet shall sound"

Kiss of the Enchantress hisses eerily, "Let them fear, and despair."
  • edited June 2016
    24 people. 3 days. 10 hours a day in the gym.

On the last day the guy running seminar says "Remember I told you on day 1 how much I love squats? Well I am going to teach you 200 variations of squatting and you are all going to do them."

Worst leg day of my life.

Rave because... worst leg day of my life.

Also I am back now.

#OnlyGymPeopleUnderstand
    #MightNotBeAbleToWalkAgain
  • That is awesome!
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim: