Real World Raves

Comments

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    edited June 2016
    I'll have what she's having.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • edited June 2016
    You have a part time job that pays $30/hour?! 

WTF man, I did it wrong for so many years. The highest I ever got to at a part time job was the Container Store for $14/hour. 

(PS. I recommend the Container Store for anyone looking for a P/T job. They start at 11/hr or 14/hr depending on your area. Only downside is if you have to be really, stupidly friendly to people and kind of act like a smiling bobblehead. Be prepared to talk. A lot.)
  • It really depends on the kind of part time job. I teach and tutor for a religious school in the area and get paid upwards of $40/hr... But I only work 5-6 hours a week so it's not something one can live off of
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Welcome to Nightvale podcasts are making my boring summer job lots more enjoyable. Thanks @Ieptix!
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • Welcome to working casual retail in Australia, you guys. You get paid insane rates for being willing to be called in at any time. The bare minimum they have to pay a casual is $23 an hour on regular days and $37 on sundays, $52 on public holidays.  But most places pay extra during the week too, to be competitive.

My other part time retail job pays $19 an hour for lunch covers, $20 an hour when I'm store supervisor, $30 on sundays and $45 for public holidays. 
    Wildeflower Aramel Strongleaf says to Xiran, "My cousin's attitude to life is rather like her attitude towards cake - to have everything, and at once, and lots of it."
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    If that's Australian dollars it's what... 16/hr in USD. That said, that's a hell of a lot more than most places will pay anyways. 
  • Man, I make 13.7 CAD, and I've been with this company for almost four years. And my student engineering jobs paid 15.5 and 16.7 so like what the heck.

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• Dylara said:
    Man, I make 13.7 CAD, and I've been with this company for almost four years. And my student engineering jobs paid 15.5 and 16.7 so like what the heck.
    You are in Ontario, one of the lowest wage sectors in Canada!
  • Demartel said:

Dylara said:
    Man, I make 13.7 CAD, and I've been with this company for almost four years. And my student engineering jobs paid 15.5 and 16.7 so like what the heck.
    You are in Ontario, one of the lowest wage sectors in Canada!
    I know. Weep. 

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• Sylvanas said:
    Riluna said:
    Almost four months after a nasty battle with cancer, and a checkup came back saying my liver is healing just like it's supposed to be doing.

No recurrence! That's amazing news because apparently if it would have, it usually would have by now.

I'm still not allowed to drink ever again. >_> That's a shame, but these are happy thoughts!
    Happy to hear! I remember some posts from you earlier in the year that weren't so good.
    Thanks! :) That's all. I wasn't 100%  anyone at all even cared.

Mayor Steingrim, the Grand Schema says to you, "Well, as I recall you kinda leave a mark whereever you go."
  • Capital Pride this weekend! I love Pride.
  • I just finished finals, thank goodness. All went well.

Until next fall...
    The apple is cold, crisp, and sour as the juices fill your mouth. As you consume the fruit, you glimpse, for a moment, a massive, shadowy figure, Her snow-white hair framing a perfect, icy-eyed visage. Beneath you, a vast, perfect web of silken strands lies - and, for a moment, you realize that you too are part of it, weaver and strand both - and home.
    River rafting adventure weekend completed, commence two surprise extra days off.  B-)
    I used to make cakes.

• I hate wet dog smell.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    edited June 2016
    My own dog clearly blames me for the heatwave. 

EDIT: We spent a decent part of our day lying around next to a fan. Don't have AC, so...
  • Daraius said:
    The new Zelda looks like Shadow of the Colossus meets Skyrim, powered by magitech and painted with watercolors.  @-)
    I want it.

So do I, but I have so little faith in Nintendo's ability to support its consoles. Very gunshy about the NX, but I'll keep an open mind and an eye on my disposable income as the release date looms.
    I used to make cakes.

• I too am waiting to hear more about the NX, I can always just buy it for the WiiU.

• I saw some persona 5 footage. I haven't been this excited for a persona game since Persona 4 came out.

Which I just realized was 2008. Shew, it's been a while Atlus.

Now I just need Konami to announce a proper Suikoden VI
    The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure pure reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Dude you don't even know, I am so hyped for P5. Persona 4 was everything, so I can't wait to see what Atlus has next.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Stratas said:
    I saw some persona 5 footage. I haven't been this excited for a persona game since Persona 4 came out.

Which I just realized was 2008. Shew, it's been a while Atlus.

Now I just need Konami to announce a proper Suikoden VI
    I would give your left arm for a Suikoden VI. Maybe something in that giant gap between IV and the rest of the games...