Real World Raves

Comments

• Khydan said:
    Anita said:
    Ok, so. Now that I'm semi-alive again, I want to give a shout to everyone at our superawesomeglomLusternnia-fest. @Karlach‌, @Tacita‌, @Svorai‌, @Aerdiya‌, @Rialorm‌, @Chade‌, @Ankastra‌ and @Khydan‌! Now it's time for the next one, right?!
    Soon, yes yes. Soon.
    I'm now worried about my attempted break-in of the Sentinel guildhall in case Khydan extracts his revenge in person at the next meet >.> :p

(Not really, I'm coming for your guildhall!)

• Chade said:

(Not really, I'm coming for your guildhall!)
    Good luck with finding a Sentinel to possess for that! :(

However, if you do manage it, I will stare at you much more frostily next time.
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    How can I get 7 hours of sleep, be exhausted when I wake up, try to take a nap, and be MORE exhausted after? Today sucks.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • Everiine said:
    How can I get 7 hours of sleep, be exhausted when I wake up, try to take a nap, and be MORE exhausted after? Today sucks.
    Sleep debt, dehydration, diet, etc.  Many factors aside from the quantity of sleep put in the night immediately prior.
    Stangmar - Retired

I don't even want to know what my sleep debt looks like. And my diet sucks.

And... I just noticed I posted this in Raves instead of General Dissatisfaction. I am, apparently, more tired than I thought.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

• ZouviqilZouviqil Queen of Uberjerkiness
    Everiine said:
    I don't even want to know what my sleep debt looks like. And my diet sucks.

And... I just noticed I posted this in Raves instead of General Dissatisfaction. I am, apparently, more tired than I thought.
    It's totally a rave

YAY SLEEP DEBT
  • imageimage
    Stangmar - Retired

• Yesterday, (well, really at the weekend) I made a decision to move Ani over to the Blacktalon. Plus with Shikari returning and other God interactions happening all over the place in Lusternia, it's given me a super good reason to play more, and is making me want to play more now. I had sort of lost my oomph for it the past couple of weeks, but now... anidroid!!

In other RL news, I love my new job, even if I did have a panic attack over it the other day. I looooove it!

• Ssaliss said:
    Just got a new pair of glasses. So this is how the world looks...
    Not the same, but when I switched from glasses to contacts I was like "Whoah, no more borders or lens distortion" and proceeded to gape at everything around me.
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
  • Yeah. I've been thinking about switching to contacts (or even laser surgery) to just not have to bother with the borders or dirty or scratched lenses and everything. Problem is, I'm not sure I'd be able to cope with actually sticking a finger in my eyes two times a day.
  • I just hope they make glasses like these some time soon:

• edited May 2014
    Same here. Without glasses or contacts, I am practically blind. Since I really hated my glasses, I got contacts when I was 16 and in the beginning, it took me nearly half an hour per eye to get them in. But being able to see clearly out of the corner of your eyes is really awesome. Nowadays, I can apply them almost instantly and have even mastered the art of doing so in dark tents in the middle of nowhere on scout trips. And I never could have done jitsu without contacts, since all the throwing probably would have shattered them.

But since my eyes are very sensitive and get dry very fast, I only wear contacts outside and prefer glasses at home. And the other downside is that you really have to be careful when cooking (and like spicy things as much as I do).
  • I've considering making the switch to contacts.  I'm practically blind as well.  It gets worse every year, so I'm not a candidate for LASIK yet. Now that I have health insurance(vision included), I need to make an appointment with an eye doctor. My current glasses are 2 years old and I'm having a hard time reading street signs on the freeway.
    Stangmar - Retired

• Blind as a bat here too. Quite likely born with it, my eyes are just really weirdly shaped which causes the distortion. For those worried about putting them it, what I do is place the contact on my right index finger, use the right middle finger to pull the lower eyelid down, and then the left middle finger to lift up and lock the upper eyelid. You need to raise up your arm and then bend down your hand to do so. That way you got your eye firmly locked open and you just pop the lens onto the eye without your blinking reflex kicking in. Takes some practice but eventually you overcome the natural fear of poking yourself in the eye. And don't worry, anyone else trying to poke your eye and your reflex kicks right in.

Also, for those with dry eyes, eyedrops are cheap and usually work really well. Of course you could keep your current glasses.

As for LASIK, I got tested and they'd have to like peel off most of the outer layer. Doctor nope'd the fuck out. So did I. Got the contacts instead and never regretted it since.
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
  • My eyes are so bad that even with glasses, I have to sit right up on the laptop to read anything. :( I tried contacts, but they made my eyes feel so scratchy and mine get way too dry even with eyedrops and the Acuvue Oasis contacts. It bites, I REALLY just want to wear a pair of cute sunglasses, but no. No, my eyes won't allow me. Then there's having both eyes with bad astigmatism, so each year, it just gets worse and worse. Sigh.
  • ZouviqilZouviqil Queen of Uberjerkiness
    Are we having a blind party?

I can't read the E on the chart unless I'm four inches from it. Also, I am legally capable of getting a seeing eye monkey instead of glasses. Ook ook!
    edited May 2014
    Super high astigmatism here, and I was so blind that I got glasses at age 4. They are so a part of my life that I have no memories without them. So I don't feel like they are a burden. They are just me.

• EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    Zouviqil said:
    Everiine said:
    Super high astigmatism here, and I was so blind that I got glasses at age 4. They are so a part of my life that I have no memories without them. So I don't feel like they are a burden. They are just me.
    Have you ever tried to push them up after taking them off for whatever reason and just jab yourself on the bridge of the nose? Totes hate that. #GlassesProblems
    I usually adjust them with the arm/lens surround, so I've poked myself in the eye many a time after taking them off.
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • edited May 2014
    Daraius said:
    It's because we stare at computer screens all day.
    And I thought I was going to change that habit...then I became a tax accountant.

It's been 8 years since I first got glasses. I knew I needed them but was too embarrased/in denial to say anything.  The DMV put the hammer down when I went in to get my first driver's license. Thus..glasses.  BTW, I struggled hard enough the last time I renewed my Utah license that I am honestly surprised they gave it to me.  Then I moved to Nevada a month later and passed the test easily.

Nevada....a land of miracles!
    Stangmar - Retired

• Zouviqil said:
    Are we having a blind party?

I can't read the E on the chart unless I'm four inches from it. Also, I am legally capable of getting a seeing eye monkey instead of glasses. Ook ook!
    Soo is it safe to assume you have a seeing eye monkey? I'm not sure who would pick glasses over a monkey.
  • Zouviqil said:
    Everiine said:
    Have you ever tried to push them up after taking them off for whatever reason and just jab yourself on the bridge of the nose? Totes hate that. #GlassesProblems

I do that a lot. Also, stupid astigmatism...if it wasn't for that, i'd be able to buy much cheaper contacts. I recently switched from Acuvue Oasis to Air Optix because I thought that monthly lenses would be cheaper than 2-week-lenses...but sadly, that is not really the case.
  • edited May 2014
    I have worn glasses all my life as well. I tried contacts, after a month, of oh your just near-sighted, it turned into oh, lets add astigmatism to that as well.

I like my glasses though, they saved my eyes many times from chemicals, and flying objects, and instant mashed potatoes.

Currently Playing in: The doctors office. One more needle and I might just lose it again.
  • Zouviqil said:
    Everiine said:
    I kept doing that for a long while after getting contacts. Pushing glasses up was just such a habit.

Daraius said:
    It's because we stare at computer screens all day.
    I disagree, computer screens aren't a direct hazard to your eyes. Also, eye function is disturbed in two places, it can be in the eye itself or in the brain. And if it is in the eye itself, it still can be something unaffected by screens, like the shape of your eyeball. Still, it is always a good idea to give your eyes some rest from time to time. And make sure they don't go dry.