Real World Raves

Comments

• Super stoked. I got promoted today to assistant supervisor for the creative department, but it means my schedule is going to suck again. Even less around :(

• KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    Just got in from watching a Star Wars movie marathon at the theatre (episodes 4, 5, 6), was a fun little outing, considering it has been around 20 years since I last saw any of those movies on the big screen and will probably be another 10-20 years before I get another opportunity :p
    Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?
  • Parua said:
    My company got a commendation (or recognition or something along those lines) from the House of Representatives for starting all employees well above minimum wage at 10$ an hour. Our founder decided that he wanted to do better, and that living on 10$ an hour is barely living, so he is raising the pay of anybody who doesn't currently make it to 11$ an hour, and those who are under 12 get a 25 cent raise.

I'm pretty stoked for an extra dollar an hour. XD
    The last hourly job I had, they gave me a $1 per hour raise from $7.25 to $8.25 without telling me, lol.  And I wasn't in the habit of looking at my pay stubs(since I use direct deposit).  Took me about 2 or 3 months to figure it out.
    Stangmar - Retired

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    I might be late to the party but Kishi Bashi is kind of fun.  :)
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • I attended my university commencement this weekend(although I actually finished my degree in December).   Got my Bachelor's of Science in Accounting.  Already have employment.  I couldn't help but look at the long list of people who graduated with degrees that will never get them any work and my only feeling was:
    Stangmar - Retired

• EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    Daraius said:
    I might be late to the party but Kishi Bashi is kind of fun.  :)
    Where has this been all my life. Thank you.

So much.
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    My Imperial Agent/Sniper is so sexy.

Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • I always preferred the male Imperial Agent voice. It's...the accent is just...amazing.
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    I rather enjoyed the Imperial voices in general.  I really need to finish the class story lines one of these days for the ones I care about.
  • edited May 2014
    I had to struggle not to start laughing at Little Ceasars today when the girl at the register looked EXACTLY like Penn Jillette.

Stangmar - Retired

• MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    edited May 2014

Marcella said:
    I always preferred the male Imperial Agent voice. It's...the accent is just...amazing.
    But Femshep female troopers <3

EDIT: Not sure why Drocilla isn't a Sorc though, tbh, @Shaddus

• Being sent by your firm to a conference at the Bellagio isn't the same when you live in Vegas. Lol.

I'm sitting at a table with a bunch of southerners which is fun.
    Stangmar - Retired

• KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Maligorn said:

Marcella said:
    I always preferred the male Imperial Agent voice. It's...the accent is just...amazing.
    But Femshep female troopers <3

I can't play FemShep. I keep hearing too much Naomi Hunter that I get all the sad feels.

Or I hear Bastila Shan and the overwhelming irritating smugness makes me want to punch a wall.

To be fair I have the same problem with Elias Toufexis, I hear Adam Jensen creeping through in everything.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    Happy cinco de mayo, those that recognise/celebrate it.

Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    A Lusternian recognized me at a club in Vancouver last night! Yay! However, in my, uh, altered state, I can't quite remember who it was... (I also might have just wandered away suddenly afterwards, I'm so sorry.)
    I WAS CRUSHED. 
  • What's SRP stand for? Congratulations, Yomoigu.

I got accepted into a group of roleplayers for wh40k that the games store people said were really insular! I'm hoping to make a good impression for the new black crusade game they're starting.
  • Yomoigu said:
    As I have found out a mere half hour ago, my SRP has been graded and filed. I have completed my Masters degree and will officially graduate on Saturday.
    It's such an awesome feeling when it's finally done, handed in and you graduate. Congrats!
  • SRP stands for substantial research paper. It's the capstone geared towards those intending to work in the field as practitioners whereas the thesis is far more useful if one intends to remain in academia.
  • Having a job where one of your assignments is, "Write some proofs and solve these math problems. You know, whenever you feel like it."
    "Chairwoman," Princess Setisoki states, holding up a hand in a gesture for her to stop and returning the cup. "That would be quite inappropriate. One of the males will serve me."
  • Speedy recovery to your sister. 
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
  • Portius said:
    I just received actual money for reading poetry that I, personally, translated. Upon calculating the per hour income, including both the time for translating and for the reading itself, I learned that poetry readings inexplicably pay more than lab assistanting. This is surprising to me. I love coffee shops that are willing to pay actual money to make it look like they're full of intellectuals.

So, yeah. The rave is that I can apparently put "poet" on a business card now and not have it be entirely ridiculous, even if it probably isn't a regular job.
    Odd jobs pay the best sometimes.

I once made $300 in a couple hours and all I had to do was drive a Korean lady from Southern Uah to Las Vegas.  
    I can technically say I've taught 9th grade.  I filled in for a teacher one day teaching algebra.

Stangmar - Retired

• I need to block amazon on my work computer.

Got bored between returns today and ordered the Original Trilogy Blu-Ray + DVD Set today.  Amazon Prime just makes it too tempting.  
    I'll be ordering the Prequel Trilogy next week after payday.  

Stangmar - Retired