General Dissatisfaction

Comments

• Uuuuugh football. And Belgium keeps doing well too. Everyone is suddenly a fan and totally knowledgeable on the subject. It's all I hear talk about at work and whenever I venture outside. Can't even hide inside because people will race through the street cheering and hitting the horn. Why isn't this over yet T_T
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
  • Who cares about football? (soccer)
  • Aeral said:
    Who cares about football? (soccer)
    Like I said, I don't really.  But I do care about America.  

That said, I don't care for American football either.  

Stangmar - Retired

• Iasmos said:
    I've played through almost all the Lego games on my 360, and I've hit several glitches. Only one is preventing me from getting 100%, though, in Harry Potter. The others could be worked around or eventually got patched.
    About an hour after I ragequit, I gave it another go and we got a bit further this time. Will have to make sure we keep saving throughout, though the autosave seems pretty regular anyways. Very pleased with the game now!
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Rialorm said:
    Uuuuugh football. And Belgium keeps doing well too. Everyone is suddenly a fan and totally knowledgeable on the subject. It's all I hear talk about at work and whenever I venture outside. Can't even hide inside because people will race through the street cheering and hitting the horn. Why isn't this over yet T_T
    Because you're blessed with a decent national side, and so are both your neighbours.

So as long as Belgium/France/Netherlands are in, you're stuck with football chatter.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• And Spain, thanks to my sister. And lots of other countries due to friends around the globe. Doomed!
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
  • NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    Snaithy said:
    I think half the world were rooting for the US during that game, to see another "big" team get knocked out of the tournament!

My rant for today: The general shoddiness of Lego video games. We have had glitches with games in the past such as Lego Harry Potter, but the wife and I still powered through (turned into children and stayed up until 7am getting 100% one time). Anyhow I wanted to cheer up the wife so I went out and bought Lego Lord of the Rings which when we put it on seemed awesome. I could have genuinely played it all day long, and had settled on doing so when we suffered our first major glitch during the prologue which meant we had to exit and start again. Went through and this time in the second "level" we hit ANOTHER major glitch forcing us to hard reset the PS3. Poor form Lego, poor form. Gonna head back to where I bought it and see if they'll swap it for something else :( 
    X(
    I will agree with you on the glitches, but I found Lego Marvel Superheroes to be ridiculously fun. I still haven't finished it all the way, but loved the game, especially when I could free roam as a flying character, like Iron Man or Human Torch. Lego Lord of the Rings didn't really pull me in, but I found the demo for the Lego Harry Potter games interesting enough that I have them.
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Rialorm said:
    And Spain, thanks to my sister. And lots of other countries due to friends around the globe. Doomed!
    Oh they're already out.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• Neos said:
    I will agree with you on the glitches, but I found Lego Marvel Superheroes to be ridiculously fun. I still haven't finished it all the way, but loved the game, especially when I could free roam as a flying character, like Iron Man or Human Torch. Lego Lord of the Rings didn't really pull me in, but I found the demo for the Lego Harry Potter games interesting enough that I have them.
    Lego Marvel was great fun, but they can shove the flying races up their asses.  :-q

Lego Clone Wars was by far the most fun for me.

• CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    And the conclusion to my promotion story:

I had all 6 senior managers and the HR manager sign off on me interviewing. 3 other people in my position were qualified to promote, 1 (my roommate who I actually beat out for the spot I'm in), 1 got a "hell no," and 1 got a maybe. I was the last for reasons unrelated to qualifications. My Regional boss who has to give the final okay gave the okay for the other three. He got promoted to divisional, would have given me the okay but deferred to the new regional since it was her territory now. My  new regional came in and on her SECOND MOTHER EFFING DAY IN THE OFFICE she said I wasn't allowed to interview, our only interaction being that I shook her hand when she introduced herself to me. She's from Atlanta, my office is in DC. She's literally had zero interaction with me or my entire office before she moved here.

And the absolute worst part is that before my new regional was my boss, I covered for her team and she sent an email to my boss about how fabulous and wonderful the work I did was for her team. So she's just a bitch for no reason.

Bitch. Bitchbitchbitchbitchbitchbitchbitch.
  • The only logical way to proceed is to take out a spiteful billboard ad across the street.
    Stangmar - Retired

• Naw. Apart from scouting out lonely waterways and isolated woodchippers two counties away from you, do some digging into that person's background. This is a pattern of behavior, and an attempt to establish dominance and I'd put money down that there are sketchy financial interactions that this individual has had with the company in the past or questionable actions she took with company resources. Where there is smoke, there is always fire.
  • Goddamn, that's shrewd. 

Praise Baalphegar!
    The Necromentate's mind opens to you, and a grotesque, demonic figure appears in your mind's eye, screaming in torment:
    "THE DEMON LORDS CAN NEVER TRULY BE KILLED - GREAT IS THEIR POWER."

You shock a platinum-coloured geomycus with tales of terror bestowed on villages who don't follow Magnagora.
    A platinum-coloured geomycus slaps her knee and declares that, by the gods, Ptoma Hive should follow the Grand Empire of Magnagora after all!
    Shouts rise up from Ptoma Hive, as its denizens loudly pledge themselves to the Grand Empire of Magnagora.

• Iasmos said:
    Neos said:
    Lego Marvel was great fun, but they can shove the flying races up their asses.  :-q

Lego Clone Wars was by far the most fun for me.
    My wife played Lego Marvel, but I wasn't really that drawn in by it. I did enjoy watching her occasionally as it was very funny in places, and now and again I joined in as Hulk just to run around smashing people - great fun! She had the same problem with glitches though, she got really frustrated at it and ultimately never finished :(

I think it always depends on your own tastes, I love Lord of the Rings so getting the chance to follow the story right the way through again was something I was always going to jump on board with (LOVED the old PS2 games XD ). My wife loved the batman one but again I was never really that fussed. The Hobbit looks decent but I don't see the point until all three films/games are out.
  • edited June 2014
    @Celina I'm terrible at people in practice, especially group socialization but it sounds like befriending the other bosses (or the secretaries or the people they trust and listen to within the organization) I.e build allies before promotions? 

She's dealt you a solid blow, I think with time (and your natural um "celina'-ness" :P) you'll get there.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    @Kalaak how in the great sweet universe do you do that?

(I could have used a crash course in those kinds of skills last year. :/)

Two, how do you deal with people attempting to establish dominance without 

a) painting yourself into a corner
    b)Offending said person so much that they put you on their hit list immediately (or if that's invitable)
       -How do you deal with them without it turning into an all out war? 
    (at that point, I'm just sharpening my knives and actually thinking murder. except for two things - No skills or money. Plus I don't think I can survive prison) 
    C)Making sure you will respect their dominance in the office but in your personal life, that's YOUR LIFE. you'd like to keep it that way.

bearing in mind that can't

A) actually say it out aloud
    b) Hit said person in the face.
    c) You're operating at 50% or less due to the stress headaches (and having to sit on your urge to KILLKILLLKILLKILL!)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bad habits are hard to break

two- i'ld like to KILLKILLKILLKILLL a certain person. 
    is dead like the dodo
  • I just realized, I noticed on my last trip home that my family now owns a copy of Frozen.

Nobody in my family is in the target demographic for that film.
    Stangmar - Retired

• Xeria said:
    aww, thanks for all the advice guys!

@Stangmar yes, a rainy night = cool air and cooler mornings. perfect for lying in. 

err. No books for me. Books are my crack. Once I pick up a book, I'm never going to stop reading till I reach the end of it (or the rest of teh series if I have it).

I might try valerian tea, if I can get it down where i'm at!

(does chamomile work?)

I'll try adjusting my behavior before resorting to meds or melatonin supplements. Anxiety tends not to exist down where I'm at. While treating it as a behavioral problem does have its perks, it makes getting access to medication difficult, and there's not much literature or awareness of it. 

Will update you guys in a month or so!
    When all else fails I put this on http://www.rainymood.com/ 
    First time I did I slept for 11 hours >.>
  • That website is sweet...
  • God damn Time Warner Cable. They sent us to collections for May's bill... except we cancelled at the beginning of May! In fact, it turns out THEY owe US money, about $8!

HILARIOUS.

• This is my speedtest: http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3585758990

Yet Lusternia loves to lag out/disconnect me yet I can have Youtube going, a million tabs open and be playing WoW and not a single bit of lag.

Fun.
  • Esca said:
    God damn Time Warner Cable. They sent us to collections for May's bill... except we cancelled at the beginning of May! In fact, it turns out THEY owe US money, about $8!

HILARIOUS.
    Verizon did the same thing to us and ended up turning us into collections even (they owed us like $115 and they turned around saying we owed them $200 some). All those big name companies are a bunch of thieves. Damned if you do damned if you don't  though though. There really isn't much option if you want decent internet / cable.
    The soft, hollow voice of Nocht, the Silent resounds within your mind as His words echo through the aether, "Congratulations, Arimisia. Your mastery of vermin cannot be disputed."

• CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    Esca said:
    God damn Time Warner Cable. They sent us to collections for May's bill... except we cancelled at the beginning of May! In fact, it turns out THEY owe US money, about $8!

HILARIOUS.

Welcome to the American internet market. Where they can do anything, and don't care, because they don't have competition anyways. Time Warner tried to charge me $15 to install internet myself. What the hell are you charging me for, my own labor?
  • edited June 2014
    My internet has been down at home and Cox doesn't seem to give a shit.  After all, what am I going to do?  Go to another shitty ISP?

They have us all by the balls.

@Celina I hate charges like that.  Wal-Mart charged me an extra fee for taking my tire off myself and bringing it in to be replaced rather than driving the truck in.

Stangmar - Retired

• I'm honestly surprised that there aren't companies that actually try to break the apparent monopoly over there... Over here, we have countless choices (although there are a couple of big ones that take most of the customers).
  • Most consumers are lazy sheep, I think. Sign them up, and they'll pay it forever, as long as they get to watch TV. The rest of us simply have no other options.

• Exactly.  Too many people don't give a shit.

Oh, joy, it looks like we're losing to Germany. On the bright side, if Ghana-Portugal remain tied, it won't matter.

Stangmar - Retired

• Bah. Ever since I saw that glorious rhino on Reddit and read the comments, I started researching them and I've come to the conclusion that humanity is horrible. We're all a bunch of stupid jerks that kill beautiful animals. :(