Lack of Raves V: Stark Ravin' Glad

Comments

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    I wish I could convince the Board in Hallifax to let me post a collective bid for Celest's leadership.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Zyphora said:
    I am indescribably happy with the results of 'Letters of Love.' Thank you so much, @Daraius, @Irillia, and last but not least, @Turnus, for your amazing performances. It wouldn't be what it is without you. Daraius's soliloquy at the end was perfect, and Irillia makes such a wonderfully awful villain. And Turnus... We'll work on it. It's okay. (Just kidding, he was wonderful too!)

<3<3<3 I love you guys. My heart is melting.
    It really was great and makes the idea of attempting a play of my own even more intimidating. You should be proud.
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    Kagato said:
    Ileein said:
    Maybe I'm just a cynic, and not to knock Synkarin's post, which is a fairly well-written version of the phenomenon, but it seems to me like "lol your city sucks, just surrender to us because we're better" posts aren't really anything new. They've been written about cities that weren't doing well at PK by players in cities that were since forever; in fact, they're sort of the default. And the pattern's always the same. One person writes a pretty entertaining one, then literally everyone else piles on with substantially-worse ones, and they stop being funny.
    Meh, they are mainly having a bit of fun at Tetras expense rather than making deliberate jabs at Celest.  Kagato is a Celestian and I have been getting a good laugh out of some of the posts that came about as response to the mispost.
    Good sport.
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• I found the whole thing relatively amusing.  All I can think of when I read these news posts are Voldemort and the death eaters(Astraea as Bellatrix) cackling over Hogwarts(Celest).

"A man's not dead while his name is still spoken."  - Terry Pratchett 1948-2015

• TacitaTacita <3s Xynthin 4eva!!!11
    All of my raves and love for Isune, for picking both me and my little trill up off the floor with such grace and wisdom <3
  • Then who's McGonagall, and when do they get to animate the statues?
    Jadice, the Frost Queen says to you, "Constant vigilance."
  • Ileein said:
    Then who's McGonagall, and when do they get to animate the statues?
    I've always wanted to do that.
  • I'd want a house called Crowclaw. Would be only fitting.
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    Hallipuff.
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

Gryphonguch?
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Magnarin?
  • All I can say is, you might get fewer jokes about Parks and Recreation if you had a giant statue of Forren backing you up!
    Jadice, the Frost Queen says to you, "Constant vigilance."
  • edited March 2014
    Ileein said:
    Then who's McGonagall, and when do they get to animate the statues?

McGonnagall's showdown with Snape was my favourite part of the whole (movie)series.

Showing the power of dragon heartstring wand in action.

•  Woo, 90. Only ten more to go. Bring it.
  • Elayde said:
     Woo, 90. Only ten more to go. Bring it.

99 to 100 is supposed to be even more experience than 1-90+ combined.  Lips save the day!

• Tetra said:
    Elayde said:
     Woo, 90. Only ten more to go. Bring it.

99 to 100 is supposed to be even more experience than 1-90+ combined.  Lips save the day!
    I heard, but I'm stocking up on higher rarity ikons and since I influence mostly, karma for harmony won't be too much of an issue. It's fun, really. :)
  • I still haven't figured out how ikons connect with influencing.  I really just overlooked them!  How does that work?

• Tarkenton said:
    Consume ikon, get xp buff to influencing for...I want to say it's twelve logged in hours?  Amount of bonus is based on rarity of ikon.
    Twelve hours and you get different amounts of xp buff depending on the rarity of the ikon consumed.
  • Yep. +200% XP for the legendary ikon. Couple with lips and achievement bonuses, and you get quite a bit of XP.

There's also gestalts which reduces the ego usage while influencing. Doesn't help you get XP, but still nice.
  • I am, of course, late in posting this particular rave but a huge, huge rave to both @Celina and @Astraea for.. well being here. So stoked.

A rave for @Valtreth being around and putting us on the spot. I don't know what we can do to encourage you to be around more, but we'll find a way.
  • Shaddus said:
    A rave for @Valtreth being around and putting us on the spot. I don't know what we can do to encourage you to be around more, but we'll find a way.
    You might be wondering why I composed the poem I did. ... My mind was stuck on Simon and Garfunkel's the Sound of Silence and the Lutheran Service Hymnal.
    I'm Lucidian. If I don't get pedantic every so often, I might explode.
  • Congratulations! Felyx has passed the period of consideration and is indeed your child.

Awwwww yisssssss. 
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    There are no bars on the mobile version of these forums.

Weird.
This discussion has been closed.