Lack of Raves V: Stark Ravin' Glad

Comments

• I expect to hear some jailhouse blues right this second
    Jadice, the Frost Queen says to you, "Constant vigilance."
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.

WE CAN'T STAAAHPPPPP, WE WON'T STAAAAHHHHPPP.

/blues

• Ileein said:
    I expect to hear some jailhouse blues right this second

Are there some burly orclach in here? Should I be wary of dropping my golden soap?

"A man's not dead while his name is still spoken."  - Terry Pratchett 1948-2015

• SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    edited March 2014
    Looking forward to seeing Glomdoring's best dressed. Or undressed. Or something.

I am brimming with excitement!

Design new stuff and bring your masks, plz.

Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    ... undressed? Hm.
    *wears black*
    Starry-night black, @Celina? Hmm?
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

Just black. Like my soul.

Your soul is black.

#bringShikariback 

• KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    edited March 2014
    Ileein said:
    That revolt was a thing of beauty.

See this is something I'm struggling to understand, when it's a 3:1 ratio the other way, we get complaints about how the game is broken etc.

Yet if it's 3:1 this way it's a thing of "beauty"? I mean grats on the win, you guys had the numbers, the allies and organisation to win, but can we get some semblance of continuity here? Not to accuse any one org of hypocrisy but it's either a thing of beauty or its ruining the game.  :-/

Edit: Quote boxes be damned.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• edited March 2014
    Bluh. I had a big thing typed here, and it was sarcastic and I thought better of it. But good lord. I only meant my statement to indicate that I had fun. I'm a bit taken aback that something so simple is taken so poorly. :(
  • edited March 2014
    Celina said:

she's

oh god, Celina is the one who wrote those events posts
  • edited March 2014
    Haha, I'm used to it at this point! When Events posts do it, you know it's time to stop fighting it.
    Stupid typos. Forums aren't letting me edit either :(((((
    Night is perfect. You have informed the forums that you are the Night (with your avatar). The forums realize that editing perfection would just be absurd, so they do not allow it.
    Celina said:

More relevant to the above, the flip side is this: How come whenever Hallifax/Seren/Celest loses and complains, people are all SUCK IT UP, THINK POSITIVE, CELEBRATE THE SMALL VICTORIES....but when they win and celebrate it's HYPOCRITES, YOU GUYS HAD THE NUMBERS, GO CRY SOME MORE

It's more "YOU'RE NOT ALLOWED TO CELEBRATE BECAUSE :numbers:" thrown at us.

Yet when they get wins, it's a rush to post in here and the same people complaining about numbers tend to rush forth to spam like with their seal of endorsement. You won't see said people going "Actually we had tons of numbers here, not really something to cheer about."

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

Soooo... why can't we just say "Good job, guys! We'll get you next time!" ?

The numbers thing gets thrown around a lot, and personally I do not have a desire to post about a victory with drastically skewed numbers most of the time, but it does not really hurt us at all if someone does it (and besides, better morale means better future fights for all involved).
    Xenthos said:
    Soooo... why can't we just say "Good job, guys! We'll get you next time!" 
    My point would be why can't they?

As I said, congratulations on winning, but I'm tired of biting my tongue on what seems to be one sided grace. When was the last time we got anything but backhanded compliments or insincere posts dripping with snark after a win?

• You all had plenty of numbers. Don't even try that. After Shanthmark was won, Magnagora poured in to help you. You also had Gaudi too. We had what, four-five people for debating, a couple of littles watching mobs and most of us trying to influence around being shattered? You guys were so focused on debating that you were barely even watching mobs. Usually you all are more organized, well, good for us, we were the organized ones this time. See you next time. Bring the numbers.
  • I'm honestly a little baffled reading this. Ileein posted that the revolt was a thing of beauty. So far he's the only one to actually post about the revolt unprompted by this subsequent discussion.  Elayde, Irillia, Zyphora and I all showed some form of liking/agreement to his post. I wasn't at the revolt, I just assumed that it went well, and Collectivist Coordination triumphed. I have no idea what the numbers were, or how skewed they are, but it's lovely if we actually had the coordination to make use of numbers.

So where is the rush of people posting in raves who are the same people who complain about numbers? I don't think any of the above are known for our complaints on the forums.

I can empathize that losing to overwhelming odds is a frustrating experience. But you seem to be making accusations against people who are not actually behaving the way you suggest, unless I am completely oblivious to something?

So where is the rush of people posting in raves who are the same people who complain about numbers? I don't think any of the above are known for our complaints on the forums.
    It was reference to standard procedure after other recent northern victories, let's not be taking words out of context.

I don't mind losing to numbers, it happens. I mind that it seems ok for one side to rave about it, but when the other does we're suppose to be content to make do with the posts of snark and complaint?

Clearly, my ego needs to reach 15,000. Debates can be fun.

#bringShikariback 

• I'll admit I don't pay enough attention to the forums, so I suppose it's quite possible that that's been happening lately.

I just don't really see that being what's happening here in this particular case (this case being the context of your post, thus why I took your words in this particular context). I certainly have never objected to Glomdoring raving about winning anything, regardless of what the numbers were like.

Woo winning revolts! Good luck to everyone for next round!
    Your posts are better when they're not stuffed with strawman arguments Celina.

This discussion has been closed.