Lack of Raves V: Stark Ravin' Glad

Comments

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Morkarion said:
    I think the non RP, more mechanical reason for this is the most useful aspect. Stop newbies from rolling an Igasho Mage or a Mugwump Ebonguard, because they have no idea how awful their uninformed decision is about to be, and you save them wasting their one time free reincarnate.

I disagree, because the idea of Lusternia is the freedom to be who you want. Making it to where you can't be a Lobo Mage or a Taurian Nihilist would defeat the purpose of picking your race, especially if you only allow a few races.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    Munsia said:
    Considering more than a couple notable figures in Mag based their entire RP around tainted furrikin I dunno why they would. Mostly N'kylbar I believe though.
    That was my argument too. Feyrll, Rattusk, and others have been monumental influences in the city. But every so often, some idiot decides that furrikin are just snugglers and need to be banned.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    It wouldn't be allowing only a few, it'd just be stopping the really really poor choices for those who don't understand mechanics.

Anyway there's requests for a fourth category of "mechanically terrible, this race does not support your class's abilities" which would fix the problem. That said as Estarra said, it doesn't prevent anyone being that race/class, just stops newbies picking it off the bat.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

Oh, I agree with that part. I'd love to be able to flag some races as "You can pick this, but you probably won't enjoy it.", so long as the novice can still choose it as they wish.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    I like the idea of GA's adding a little org-specific comment for each race, as mentioned above.

Also approve of the 'discouraged' category in addition to the current three.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."

• Your soul cries out in ecstasy as it reaches new heights of power. You have advanced to level 99.
    You have reached the illustrious level of Titan.

WOO!
    A whisper from the trees and a frosty presence tells you, secretly, "But you are strong, little 
    flower, and wise." The voice shifts and expands, becoming more real. "And everything you just said 
    in the ritual made me feel safer. You should, too."
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Asking a simple question on the Alliance clan prompted more talk than I ever intended. I think this is the most fun I've had trying to foretell what might happen in an event in years.
  • Completely unexpected but delightful conversation with @Barrin. Best ego battle I ever lost...
    "Chairwoman," Princess Setisoki states, holding up a hand in a gesture for her to stop and returning the cup. "That would be quite inappropriate. One of the males will serve me."
  • Go on raids, get RP
    Rave for a fun conversation with @Lavinya that only started because I went on a raid for once
    @Hinic told me about some (possibly old) Sentinel advancement tasks. Guys, they're really cool. Need moar Sents. (And also declassified reports)
    I used to make cakes.

• Lavinya is squee. She needs to come to Seren.
  • The floating girl thrashes in her sleep, silently crying out.
    You suddenly scoop up a blood red diamond in the shape of a teardrop.
    2013/11/19 23:42:44 - Ardmore added 250 power at the Eternal Flame

Yaaaaaay, finally did it.
    Poor girl, that's a sad story. :(
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    An impossibly powerful voice reverberates deep within your mind, filling your vision with a raging inferno, "THAT IS NOT POSSIBLE."

An impossibly powerful voice reverberates deep within your mind, filling your vision with a raging inferno, "SHE IS GONE FROM THIS WORLD."

Gawrsh. I was totally not in the right frame of mind to handle this well, but all the same...raves for the ones known and unknown that put up with my sleepy rambling and include us in fun <3
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • People say they follow the coolest God in the game.

Unless you're in the same Order as I am, I'm inclined to call you a dirty liar.

• LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia

Aiyana said:
    People say they follow the coolest God in the game. Unless you're in the same Order as I am, I'm inclined to call you a dirty liar.
    You're not in Morgfyre's DisOrder though. Does not compute!

Lavinya said:

Aiyana said:

People say they follow the coolest God in the game.

Unless you're in the same Order as I am, I'm inclined to call you a dirty liar.

You're not in Morgfyre's DisOrder though. Does not compute!

I'm pretty sure you mispelled "Isune's Order".
  • Order of Urlach represent
  • Can't we all agree that @Iosai's Order is the best? Although excluding that, @Nocht clearly wins. I forgot her name, but the inverted shadow ephemeral just totally blew my mind. 

Also rave for RP with @Iorwen and her daughter who's name I also forgot. There was tea, both ingame and IRL. How's that for immersion, mhm? :)
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
  • Rialorm said:

Also rave for RP with @Iorwen and her daughter who's name I also forgot. There was tea, both ingame and IRL. How's that for immersion, mhm? :)
    Raves for the same. And also raves for such a nice welcome back.
    Btw, I also had tea IRL...though I probably should stop drinking so much black tea in the evening. Maybe I should change to Roiboos :)
  • Haha, totally sorry for forgetting your name @Aerdiya. I stick to herbal teas in the evening, black tea is reserved to boost me through the morning on work days. Rooibos is nice indeed. I had a wellness mix with aloe vera, beets and citrus fruits. Good stuff that, and fixes you up for vitamin C quite nicely too.
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
  • Thanks, herbal teas are a good idea. Especially, if they give vitamin C. It's getting colder and I already was ill this year (well, due to my own stupidity...walked home from swimming with wet hair...). Sometimes I put a dash of sea buckthorn in my milk but I often forget that.

Once, I did something really stupid since I wanted to cut back my coffee ratio...I drank two cups of black tea and two of mate which left me super hyper (and my flatmates super annoyed).
  • I'm having more fun with this event than I have in a long time.

Whoever's doing this mysterious voice is great. And I love how you're playing with us off-peak, also, so anybody can participate. :)

Mayor Steingrim, the Grand Schema says to you, "Well, as I recall you kinda leave a mark whereever you go."
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Riluna said:
    I'm having more fun with this event than I have in a long time.

Whoever's doing this mysterious voice is great. And I love how you're playing with us off-peak, also, so anybody can participate. :)
    Yep. Just have to watch for those headaches so you know when to stop running around!
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    <3 to @Tacita and @Ssaliss for being awesome and getting stuff done while I'm bogged down at work.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• edited November 2013
    Vivet said:
    Riluna said:
    I'm having more fun with this event than I have in a long time.

Yep. Just have to watch for those headaches so you know when to stop running around!
    I need to hurry up and get demi so I can experience this!

umm, Raves to @Hiriako @Caerlyr and @Riluna for being awesome!
    A whisper from the trees and a frosty presence tells you, secretly, "But you are strong, little 
    flower, and wise." The voice shifts and expands, becoming more real. "And everything you just said 
    in the ritual made me feel safer. You should, too."
    Parua said:
    I need to hurry up and get demi so I can experience this!
    If I'm not mistaken, Nemu got a voice, so it should be just a demi thing.
    I used to make cakes.

• It's quite a headache! (But a good one)
  • Blew things up and claimed Dramube all from a tablet. \o/
    Rave to @Mysrai for prodding me into a bit of silly rp. It made my day.
This discussion has been closed.