Tweets VII: Tweet Child of Mine

Comments

• Tridemon said:
    I'm starting to get the impression that Ventidius is taking things a leeeeettle too personally. 
    This from the guys who made an entire thread solely to whine about Magnagora being awesome?
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    That latest post of Arcanis' is pretty on spot.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    If people were really killing wayfaire people to stop someone from completeing that quest, that's pretty low. I bet there's more backstory to it though. 

Maybe it was to stop Arcanis from completing it. Still low, but understandable

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • Donato said:
    9. Allows the owner to perform herofetes. Cooks with the Herofete ability who also have a Cornucopia with this power will need half the attendees and will not need to provide food to perform the fete.

Wow, great. Something to make my character's trade even more obsolete. Smh.
    Not quite. Sure, perhaps true, but in the hands of a cook and a table, a herofete only takes two people now.
  • QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    Nikka gave up on the waystations much earlier this year, after being constantly followed around by someone from Celest who messed up all the quests. At first I thought it was coincidence, and that I was just doing it as the same time as others, but, whenever I gave up on one and went along to a different one, even skipping out a few and going to the other side of the circut, I was followed. I'm not much of a confrontational person, so I just left it. Whatever, I don't really need carriage teleportation.

TLDR: Celest griefing Mags on waystations is not something new.

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Anyone ever get the idea that each org has two groups: people who do whatever they can to further their org, even if it breaks the rp of that org, and people who are totally oblivious to the first group and wonder why they (the second group) seem to have a hard time?
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    Actual tweet: I can't get away from my finkiness, no matter how hard I try.

• The jars of mist have certainly not helped people to maintain the high road, rp-wise.
    #NoWireHangersEver

Vive l'apostrophe!
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Hm. I am sitting here trying to consider the implications of that, and the worst I can come up with is:
    Influence for amnesty.
    If not full reprieve, kill an NPC, use mist, try again.

Is that what you are referencing, or something else?
  • You can disrupt a lot of quests just by influencing mobs or influencing key mobs with paranoia. That option is off the table with jars - you have to kill the mobs now to ensure you're halting progress.
    #NoWireHangersEver

Vive l'apostrophe!
  • edited November 2015
    --------
    "You are so much bigger than you think you are," She says, fervently. "You are a beacon of hope that shines through the world with every step you take. You are My beacon, Gabriella, and you shine even into the darkest of nightmares."
    --------
    The air sparkles with silver motes of light as a silken voice says, "You will see growth and strength where others will see weakness. You will walk with Us as a paragon of Serenwilde's power, for you have already walked this path before."
  • Sorry about the bad challenge on that domoth! Work has been keeping me away from the game, should clear up at the start of december but I won't be able to be around much until then.
    Congratulations! By order of Newt Blasterson, you've been named a Master of the Aetherways!
    2015/12/09 23:54:29 - Pejat drained 2000000 power to raise Davos as a Vernal Ascendant.
    You use 80,000,000 of your divine essence. You gain BeauteousThought as a supernumerary power.
  • ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    brb cooking stir fry
  • Arcanis said:
    Tridemon said:
    We really need better ways to hurt Magnagora. They can do basically anything they like and it's a part of their RP because LOL RUTHLESS TAINT, while other orgs actually have standards of conduct when things will impact the rest of the basin.

When the tainted broadcast centre was being put up, some from celest would appear and start killing all of the Stryker family (the mother, father and kids) in an attempt to thwart any raising later...rather than seek other options. Additionally, Saoirse killed the mother right in front of everyone, just to make sure when she would respawn so she could know when to appear and get a kid easily from her. Lol at wtf at this point?

While it's kinda crappy rp, the tainted broadcast centre is a pain in the butt.

I feel like that's pressure exerted by the mechanics of the game, forcing behaviors more motivated by ooc considerations because... well in a purely rp environment, people would like... be able to take the family to safety or protect the kid when the baddies turn up to kill them.

Does remind me though of the time... Stewartsville I think it was revolted because Serenwilde was trying to stop Glomdoring from doing something with the baby and someone killed it (maybe it was a couple times)
  • edited November 2015
    Saran said:
    Arcanis said:
    Tridemon said:
    We really need better ways to hurt Magnagora. They can do basically anything they like and it's a part of their RP because LOL RUTHLESS TAINT, while other orgs actually have standards of conduct when things will impact the rest of the basin.

When the tainted broadcast centre was being put up, some from celest would appear and start killing all of the Stryker family (the mother, father and kids) in an attempt to thwart any raising later...rather than seek other options. Additionally, Saoirse killed the mother right in front of everyone, just to make sure when she would respawn so she could know when to appear and get a kid easily from her. Lol at wtf at this point?

I feel like that's pressure exerted by the mechanics of the game, forcing behaviors more motivated by ooc considerations because... well in a purely rp environment, people would like... be able to take the family to safety or protect the kid when the baddies turn up to kill them.

Does remind me though of the time... Stewartsville I think it was revolted because Serenwilde was trying to stop Glomdoring from doing something with the baby and someone killed it (maybe it was a couple times)

Why kill the baby....

Last time I simply took the baby and gave it to the workhouse slaver in Mag. I knew that baby would grow up to be a fine attribute to the city.
  • edited November 2015

I climb out of Vault 111 and return to Lusternia and...

*********************[ THE HOLY GRAND DUCHY OF GAUDIGUCH ]*********************
    Citizen                Rank                     Position                    CT
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Chirbo                 Duke                     Freedom Council             On
    *******************************************************************************
    Currently, there is 1 Citizen on this Plane and 0 on other Planes.

• Let me take some Fallout 4 quotes for this

"Am I the only one left?"

"Is there anyone else?"

"My God."

• edited November 2015
    Saran said:
    Arcanis said:
    Tridemon said:

They had people on watch, killing the baby as soon as it respawned over and over and over.

Though in this instance, it really was terrible RP, since they could protect the kid by moving four rooms and handing it over to his mother.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    I don't even know why this revolt is still going but I CAN'T GIVE UP.
  • Oh, that was just epic quest greifing.
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• Estelbar must be one of thee most contested villages in history.

At this point, it is a contest of "Who will give up/ die out first"
  • edited November 2015
    So much conflict, needed to post twice
    Tylwyth said:
    Oh, that was just epic quest greifing.
    No, actually. This was when Crow was dead and the Drums were still down - Seren was doing everything it could to prevent both from going back up.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Vivet said:
    Tylwyth said:
    No, actually. This was when Crow was dead and the Drums were still down - Seren was doing everything it could to prevent both from going back up.
    I think Celest stole the village that time, didn't they?
    Luce said:
    Vivet said:
    Tylwyth said:
    I think Celest stole the village that time, didn't they?
    I have no idea who won it, just that it did revolt, and Seren lost it in the process.
  • @Chirbo
    You will never be able to out-sass me. ;)
  • Fight me irl

no quickscope dog.

• Chirbo said:

Fight me irl

no quickscope dog.

1v1 me at Drachou, scrub.
  • RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    edited November 2015
    People really, really need to take down their mudsex logs from pastebin. I do not want to come across that when I search for something specifically Lusternia-related.

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

• RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    And no, before you smartmouths go at it, I was not searching for mudsex logs.

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

This discussion has been closed.