Tweets VII: Tweet Child of Mine

Comments

• QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    Some of the guilds have actual lore-based reasons to not hand out classflex to everyone.

• LITERARY WINNER: Hunting the Mountains of Madness written by Lord Enginseer Ventidius De'Unnero, Iron Songbird and published by The Halls of the Void won with a score of 70.
  • Ventidius said:
    LITERARY WINNER: Hunting the Mountains of Madness written by Lord Enginseer Ventidius De'Unnero, Iron Songbird and published by The Halls of the Void won with a score of 70.
    To be perfectly fair, DID you read your competition?
  • I'm currently writing another play, this time with the thought of 'WWPD' (What would @Portius do) to adapt my prestige submission for the stage into a more fiction-y setting. @Kalaak has been brainstorming with me about an opera in response to 'I, Kea,' so here goes nothing. I haven't been idle! Just doing a lot of projects at once, and maybe fiddling around on some of my lesser known characters.
    The apple is cold, crisp, and sour as the juices fill your mouth. As you consume the fruit, you glimpse, for a moment, a massive, shadowy figure, Her snow-white hair framing a perfect, icy-eyed visage. Beneath you, a vast, perfect web of silken strands lies - and, for a moment, you realize that you too are part of it, weaver and strand both - and home.
  • edited November 2015

[1:53:09 PM] Arella: @Mysrai 's rly cool give him/her/them a hug for me.

From my protege who quit :(

Shaddus make another one

• Observe his scientifical lightsaber
  • I logged in specifically to do the Zoaka quest and move forward with my epic. Instead, I've spent the past hour at the forge. ┐( ˘_˘)┌ At least I'm technically still being productive.
  • well damn.....

looks like I'm out for a while

• TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    www.laptopscreen.com Not hard to replace if you're even semi handy with a screwdriver.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Chirbo said:
    Observe his scientifical lightsaber
    I wouldn't mind a free hug from that guy.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • Does anyone know if the 'Increased gold drops' buff affects influencing charity as well? Was recently told about it and I had assumed it was for bashing only.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Can we please never split 5+ pages out of Tweets ever again (or at least until the forum software is fixed)?  Thank you.
  • RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    Just saying, we can probably prevent that by not derailing so badly again.

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

• TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    But it's tweets. Isn't the point of it to capture all those derails?
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Stay classy, Mag, I'm out.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • edited November 2015
    Tremula said:
    Stay classy, Mag.
    Will do!
  • Was thinking about Lusternia for some odd reason - really miss my friends there. Plenty of great memories. Cheers to whoever's still playing. 
  • Tarkenton said:
    But it's tweets. Isn't the point of it to capture all those derails?
    Yeah, this is weird.....
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• We DEFINITELY need to have some pretty severe consequences to leaving Marilynth up. Like random periodic afflictions to undead in tainted areas of the basin if she's left up for more than 4 months at a time. Couldn't have the same thing with Ladantine and the ship of the dead, though, since it can be made to be mechanically impossible to put him down.
    I'm Lucidian. If I don't get pedantic every so often, I might explode.
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Tridemon said:
    We DEFINITELY need to have some pretty severe consequences to leaving Marilynth up. Like random periodic afflictions to undead in tainted areas of the basin if she's left up for more than 4 months at a time. Couldn't have the same thing with Ladantine and the ship of the dead, though, since it can be made to be mechanically impossible to put him down.
    You know, if Celest decides they just want Marilynth to stay up and they watch for Ladantine constantly and cut him down every time he's brought back, it's pretty damn hard to finish that quest too.

It's probably best to acknowledge the ephemeral nature of the quests instead, and just have them drop on their own if they can't be brought down after X number of days.

• Tridemon said:
    We DEFINITELY need to have some pretty severe consequences to leaving Marilynth up. Like random periodic afflictions to undead in tainted areas of the basin if she's left up for more than 4 months at a time. Couldn't have the same thing with Ladantine and the ship of the dead, though, since it can be made to be mechanically impossible to put him down.
    How many head starts do you need to go with the ones you already have? People are giving you guys the top-class shit, and it's never enough. It's just a game, man, don't take it so seriously.
  • Ventidius said:
       It's just a game, man, don't take it so seriously.

http://forums.lusternia.com/discussion/comment/90653#Comment_90653
  • That aside, wanting to balance griefing isn't really taking things too seriously.
  • Quest griefing is lame, but apparently you just have to slug through it. Toughen up, Princess (Marilynth).

• Why don't you just ask them to remove Mag so you have no challenge at all? 
  • edited November 2015
    Yeah, the bit you bolded there, Venty? That was a typo. It's NOT possible to keep him down so that he can't be raised. If you get the cay fouled and stay on it- keeping the elementals dead, and usually it only takes one or two to screw the ritual up- it becomes mechanically impossible to take down the ship of the dead. As in, no way, no how, no recourse. There really ought to be SOME kind of incentive not to do the enemy side of the epic quest just so that the other guy can't. There used to be, but they removed that.

Have equally nasty consequences for each side leaving things alone in the sea when the other guy's raised theirs, but in that case, the removal of the ship needs to be divorced from Lanikai entirely, and linked to a different mechanism, possibly similar to raising Ladantine and bringing him a bunch of fish.
    I'm Lucidian. If I don't get pedantic every so often, I might explode.
This discussion has been closed.