Comments, Concerns, and General input on Dream event

Comments

• I had a great time with the event! Particular high points include the Celestian Resistance, the 50+ subversive paintings of Aelish, Bleuu and the Broom, Iytha and Ixion doing some father-daughter bonding over plotting how to kill the False Gods with the Ring of Vestera and listening to Hallifax as they realized they had blown up Zoaka and had to explain what they'd done to their allies.

Also, pretending to be a faithful yet deeply terrible follower of Aelish was much more fun than than merely shouting insults and defiance at every turn. Sewer hymns and offerings for all!
  • Honestly I really enjoyed this event. Was great to have so much Devine interaction. I was away for the first half of the quest but came back just after halli got blown up. I think the plot was well developed and progressed at a nice pace. In short I think Arcanis' claims are just wrong. Looking forward to next event.

06/30/2014 19:37 Silvanus channels the power of the Megalith of Doom for you, stripping you of your Vernal Ascendant status.......bastard!!

• Xenthos said:
    I like that this thread has turned into a discussion on how we enjoyed the event. :)
    nothing is without its flaws and/or oversights, but the admin deserve credit and I think the majority of us had a lot of fun.

Raves for all the staff involved in the planning and execution of this event! (lots of executions! ....sorry had to >.>)

The soft, hollow voice of Nocht, the Silent resounds within your mind as His words echo through the aether, "Congratulations, Arimisia. Your mastery of vermin cannot be disputed."

• I was fine with Karagash initially....warrior god who would logically be one prone towards fighters? Awesome. 

Then he killed @Dahlla for questioning the destruction of the Necromentate and Kunthin's disappearance...since that interferes with the daily achievement and novice quest...granted she wasn't all that respectful about it, but still. Zapped me down for saying he shouldn't resort to that when a valid point is asked. While I was dead, he comments that I shouldn't tell him what to do when I don't 'display my prowess' for him because I didn't bother with the second death challenge of the sexes despite doing well in the first...

After that I laid into him for the inaction with the Sea of Despair being cleansed, and demanding he show his prowess before demanding it of us. So yes...I may be some of why it wasn't fun to play Karagash, I admit it, but ICily that pissed me off to see a god behave that way yet demand to be followed without question, when he's NO history at all with us, no proof of capability beyond being a bully with multiple zaps and doing as he pleased with what seemed like little concern for Magnagora at all...later getting zapped repeatedly for still demanding he do something fitting still isn't much of a deterrent given Shango's a warrior that hunts up essence fast enough even the 2m drop was nothing so even ICily Shango wouldn't care when he's making what he'd think to be valid points.

I admit...perhaps a bit overboard with calling him out as a child, but what else would any mortal perceive such beings coming in out of nowhere, having no regard for them since "Mortals are meant only to serve" after all, and other such superior attitude behaviors, to act? Wasn't really aware of any metagaming though did see the rumor that it was all a dream being shouted right from the start. Still, I apologize if that made things unfun =/ 
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    Arcanis said:

- Before a single day had even passed, players were bringing in OOC theories straight into the event. People were spouting that it was a dream, and fake, when there was no proof to give for it yet. I at least ask for players to try and maintain a little RP decorum with events and try to play up to the role. If you are shouting swears at gods, you'll get zapped. Suddenly this was seen as "unfair" when done to the higher gods...yet has always been the case when done with Elders...

Uhm no. There have been several events prior to this big one that hinted at some enemy within the Dreaming. So no. They are not OOC theories. And there has been a lot of precedent for fake Messiahs popping and destroying Celest betraying us all that a lot of us who have been here for a long time and have well-established ties with our character's patron actually have enough reason to be skeptical and even downright heretical to the godlike beings that held us hostage.

I myself 99% liked the event. The missing 1%? We forgot to leave someone behind in the Dreaming.
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• edited December 2015
    Siam said:
    Arcanis said:

- Before a single day had even passed, players were bringing in OOC theories straight into the event. People were spouting that it was a dream, and fake, when there was no proof to give for it yet. I at least ask for players to try and maintain a little RP decorum with events and try to play up to the role. If you are shouting swears at gods, you'll get zapped. Suddenly this was seen as "unfair" when done to the higher gods...yet has always been the case when done with Elders...

Uhm no. There have been several events prior to this big one that hinted at some enemy within the Dreaming. So no. They are not OOC theories. And there has been a lot of precedent for fake Messiahs popping and destroying Celest betraying us all that a lot of us who have been here for a long time and have well-established ties with our character's patron actually have enough reason to be skeptical and even downright heretical to the godlike beings that held us hostage.

I myself 99% liked the event. The missing 1%? We forgot to leave someone behind in the Dreaming.

yes there were several events before that were of the Dreaming, it doesnt mean the instant this event happened, people should start screaming "DREAM! FAKE! LIES!". Even if you personally figured it out (and frankly a lot of us did), it doesnt mean you need to ruin the immersion of it all by screaming at the top of your lungs about it. Additionally,you forget that while you are at a computer reading the text, your character personally is -actually going through all this-, meaning to them, it all seemed -Very Real-.

Finally, I rather regret the event ended so soon, especially with, as was pointed out, Mag feeling it got pretty strongly screwed out of a lot of fun. While I can comprehend that those that played Karagash perhaps did not like the commentary directed at them, they also did not at all listen to any advice nor suggestions, unlike several of the other gods. Sciomore built his weapon per Kiradawea's suggestions, Aelish cleansed the SoD per Celest's suggestions, and im pretty sure Serane's eye was turned on the Hifarae by some suggestions from Glom. Sadly, ours were ignored, and it made the Mag playerbase feel ignored.

Edit: Also try to cut back on the passive aggressiveness, your crow's feet are showing.
    edited December 2015
    The best part of the event would have to be the tedddy bears.

edit:

I loved this event! The last time I felt as excited would have to be during the Goloth event. That was fun and gave us a sense of something global happening. Underground resistance involving people from various orgs? Gail was awesome.
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    I generally find events stressful and tiresome. All the running around, trying to figure stuff out, getting killed by super mobs or falling cities... Not my scene, so I'm not hugely disappointed I was largely forced to sit this one out. However, I did get to read channel histories with enough regularity that I don't think I missed much of the IC theorizing, debate, and decision making. I gotta say I loved the way things played out and I'm excited to see the repercussions! I also learned that some Hallifaxians have weirdly abstract views of the Collective. [-(
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    I for one enjoyed the hell out of this event. Granted, Subotai lost a lot of essence from @Frai zaps, and I can only hope that the player of Frai at that time didn't take it too personally. I don't regret any of it beyond maybe being a little -too- crude.

Having said that, I was myself mostly disappointed in Serane, or at least the amount of time she interacted with Glom. I spent most of my time playing Asani and saw Serane a lot, and realIy couldn't get a handle on Her rp. Sheer vanity, I suppose? I ended up groveling at her feet to try and get close to find a weakness, to no avail. Special shout out to @Eliron for some really simple but nourishing Manteekan rp, including attempts to try and contact Him through His ice pillar, or speaking with Lhiannan and trying to figure out who was able to be trusted among mobs. Whoever was playing Sebitti, whether the normal person or someone different: you were utterly amazing, as usual.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    edited December 2015
    Shaddus said:
    I ended up groveling at her feet to try and get close to find a weakness, to no avail.
    I did the same with Karagash, though I guess it was too little too late. I just cut my losses at that point.
    Shaddus said:
    Whoever was playing Sebitti, whether the normal person or someone different: you were utterly amazing, as usual.
    And word to this, aghhhh <3
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
    I hope the part of the event where the Sentinels went rogue and took over the Death Star is included in the event post. My heart was beating so fast.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Daraius said:
    I generally find events stressful and tiresome. All the running around, trying to figure stuff out, getting killed by super mobs or falling cities... Not my scene, so I'm not hugely disappointed I was largely forced to sit this one out. However, I did get to read channel histories with enough regularity that I don't think I missed much of the IC theorizing, debate, and decision making. I gotta say I loved the way things played out and I'm excited to see the repercussions! I also learned that some Hallifaxians have weirdly abstract views of the Collective. [-(
    It's me, isn't it? T_T

I loved this event, for the most part. I wished there would have been a teensy bit more hints for Dreamweavers to pick up on, and some of the bottleneck spots (literally, at one point) were rather frustrating, but I had a blast for the most part.
  • See, Tridemon was Archmage of the Aquamancers when @Drocilla was impersonating Carakhan, and welcomed her without reservation. It's quite natural for Tridemon to be skeptical of Aelish, particularly in light of the fact that destroying the Soulless should have been impossible without taking the rest of creation with them. So we questioned and we questioned and got no answers.

Eventually, near the end of the event, he got uppity in saying that the Light was His, and His alone. I was making plans to petition the council to bring him up on charges of heresy when the revelations arrived.
    I'm Lucidian. If I don't get pedantic every so often, I might explode.
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    I wish I had more free time to have actually participate in this event! I'm still so very confused by most of it.

Gaudi is...well...Gaudi. It's a fun city, but by nature of the city being what it is, it tends to take things very non seriously. It's an adjustment for me coming from hyper serious about everything Glom, and sometimes trying to figure out if Gaudi is being Gaudi or just being jackasses. I hope that wasn't what put you off Zvoltz. 

I hope it was nothing I said! (I'm assuming not since my total involvement was maybe 2 hours, but you never know) My take as a character was that these gods reminded Celina of Xynthin, who did the very same "I'm the highest power now," thing, which I was much more involved in, so I wasn't the most friendly.

I'm excited about the new DW stuff though. New skillsets are so much fun.
    Zvoltz said:

To be honest, the way Gaudiguch acted at the beginning of the event made me really consider just never logged into Frai again because it was awful on both an OOC and IC level.

I was probably one of the prime examples of this, and I'd like to apologize for my in-game actions. I went overboard.

While it doesn't excuse or mitigate it, consider the fact that one of Frai's first actions was to ban the city of Freedom.....from their city. Our guildhalls, our lives, everything we stand was taken away because of some being we don't know suddenly wanting to control us and we didn't like it.
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    I was really sad that we had to murder @Frai. It was a necessary evil, but we ended up enjoying Frai

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Shaddus, my impression of Serane was that she was very self-focused. Everything was about glorifying her. That is why we were able to get away with things superficially lauding her, but really saying exactly the opposite.
  • Synkarin said:
    I was really sad that we had to murder @Frai. It was a necessary evil, but we ended up enjoying Frai
    He really was.
    The soft, hollow voice of Nocht, the Silent resounds within your mind as His words echo through the aether, "Congratulations, Arimisia. Your mastery of vermin cannot be disputed."

(I went crazy initially with Serane prior to the mirror thing, so my apologies if I ended up frustrating whoever was playing as her!)

#bringShikariback 

• VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Synkarin said:
    Honestly, she was the most pitiable of the Higher Gods, from her backstory (which pretty much frames her as the weakest) to having to be constantly pitted against Sciomore (the one Higher she fears/hates most). In retrospect, I feel bad for her.

I think the pbase did get a bit carried away with the resistance thing, but I can also understand why it happened. I'm not sure how the other Higher Gods played it out, but whenever I saw anyone directing questions to Sciomore they were summarily shut down and there was no visible means of subversively advancing ourselves with info of any kind. Made me want to avoid interactions since it seemed like the only reactions you'd get were being ignored or zapped.

That said, all the little hints, murmurs, and bits of transmissions we heard were a real plus. We were trying all sorts of things to find a way back to our reality - I'm not sure if any of them actually mattered, but every little ambiance really helped to fuel the fire. I normally don't enjoy these sorts of events, but I ended up spending waaaaay more time logged in than I'd anticipated on my day off searching and trying to help.

I'm very impressed with how it played out and just how constant the interactions were. No 2-3 rl days of nothing but wading against the swarms of aggros or muddling about with plague or whatever. Just goes to show how valuable even small bits of positive reinforcement can be.

I'm hoping some or each of the admin tell their favorite parts of the event
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Yes! We demand a godblog! :D
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • Karagash's deal is kinda sad, too. 

"MY LOYAL WARRIOR DID EVERYTHING. Now he has nothing to fight. OBVIOUSLY HE WILL VOERTHROW ME."

meanwhile

"AELISH IS THE BEST I LOVE HIM I WISH HE"D LISTEN TO ME PLZ LISTEN TO ME PAPA AELISH"
  • Luce said:
    Marcella said:
    Karagash's deal is kinda sad, too. 

"MY LOYAL WARRIOR DID EVERYTHING. Now he has nothing to fight. OBVIOUSLY HE WILL VOERTHROW ME."

meanwhile

"AELISH IS THE BEST I LOVE HIM I WISH HE"D LISTEN TO ME PLZ LISTEN TO ME PAPA AELISH"
    "Notice me, SenpAelish!"
    ...I hate you so much
This discussion has been closed.