Comments, Concerns, and General input on Dream event

Comments

• edited December 2015
    The cow was a very obscure bug that only came up due to the number of people we had logged in because of the event.

Edit: technically the bug had been around for a while, but there hadn't really been enough people logged in at one time that the items being triggered by the bug had a response to emotes. Once we had 85+ players being logged in, though, we reached the item numbers for the cows and confusion abounded.
    7c95dbc25a4a9ae292cccb899a49a79b18529207e135ebccd89c0877d386ebea
    ALL HAIL THE MIGHTY GLOW CLOUD.
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    I don't buy it - clever play Admin, clever play

It was a pretty cool 'bug'

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    Imagine my confusion when @Talan pinched my butt 15 times in front of Frai and started to call me a cow. 
  • That was just for fun.
    #NoWireHangersEver

Vive l'apostrophe!
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    What happened with the cow?
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • I thought someone was doing the cow stuff to mess with me until someone else said it was happening to them.

• SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    Guys, the secret's out:

THE COW IS GAIL.
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Mysrai said:
    @Zvoltz: To be fair, sometimes I try to convince you of strange things when I'm well aware that you haven't had your coffee yet. And sometimes it works.

That time you thought @Eventru was back was HILARIOUS.
    How am I supposed to like the top line and disagree with the bottom one?
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Does this have anything to do with, once upon a time, cows randomly having a forcefield-message declaring that the cow absorbed the damage, when nobody was even trying to murder the silly thing?
  • That sounds like a similar type of bug, though it'd have to be different in a couple key ways from this one. But I don't know for sure, that issue predates me.
    7c95dbc25a4a9ae292cccb899a49a79b18529207e135ebccd89c0877d386ebea
    ALL HAIL THE MIGHTY GLOW CLOUD.
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    The cows are more powerful than the gods. I knew it. The next soulless is going to be the cow god.
  • Celina said:
    I just don't get it. Mag had the opening event, their god initiated an death event in their favor with the promise of rewards for basically doing nothing but bashing for an hour, and the response was "we stopped caring because the reward wasn't good enough." 

Gosh, not to make this a thread about "How Magnagora Gets It Wrong," and I'm not entirely sure if it's a cultural thing or maybe you guys spend too much time in the echo chamber with one another, but you guys have got to take a step back. Look at the admin as volunteers, not managers. If you want them to offer up more of their time to you, then you have to find ways to attract them. This is not how you do that.

You've really missed the point here.

Okay let's take this into consideration. While the other orgs got amazing events and interaction (Helllllo Deathstar), Mag got a Death event (something we see twice every year), AND after Mag pulled its haul to win it, they were told "good job" and Karagash vanished. You see, the problem wasnt the, rather common, Death event, the problem was it felt like some bandaid to try and showcase "WE DID SOMETHING FOR YOU", and got nothing in return. Afterwards, with the Mag citizens seeing the other orgs getting such great treatment, a lot of players were feeling very disgruntled about Karagash, and the already very fragile respect was basically shattered. When he returned the next time and released some random plague rat mobs, then vanished again, people basically had had enough.

Frankly Karagash's RP was just....lacking. It felt like there was very little depth and substance to it. "GO. HURT IT! YES GOOD!" *poofs away*. For an Iron God..he wasnt much else but "SMASH!". I dont generally mind that, being a lover of Ashtorath, but even warriors go further than just that.

Additionally, Karagash then disappeared without a trace for some time, and when Aelish did his thing with the Sea of Despair (which many saw it as a slight to Magnagora), Karagash simply nodded and smiled. At this point, people dropped alllll forms of politeness and threw insults without a care. Can I honestly blame them? No, not really. I practically BEGGED Karagash to do -SOMETHING-, ANYTHING, to win their trust, to at the least give Magnagora SOMETHING like the other Orgs, but was simply ignored.

Dont think we didnt give suggestions, ideas and even some thought out plots to him. We gave tons. All ignored.

How would you feel if you were the one that not only got slighted by another org, but also received near nothing special when all the other orgs got shiny fun times? Pretty damn terrible I'd say.
  • We got a death challenge we smashed with 6k+ points above everyone else.

No one even got a truefavour. Highfavours at best. Absolutely no recognition or anything else.

Then Karagash killed us all with rats.

Wonderful, we sure 'got' a lot right.
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Yeah, What exactly did we get @Arcanis? Do I wish we had more interaction and more fun stuff like a giant doom cannon? Sure I do. It'd have been fun. But I'm not disappointed in the slightest by what went down. I enjoyed it a lot. I'm sad it's over actually.

You're just complaining to complain because you complain about -everything-. I'm sure if you did get fancy shiny stuff, you'd complain about that somehow too. 

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • Ixion and I are complaining too...
    I told Davos we could have just pointed the cannon to the southwest and took out Magnagora, but nooooo. Nobody ever listens to Shaddusalts.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • I told Davos to point it at Mag too, but it didn't work to point it anywhere but Gaudi apparantly

• Marcella said:
    Ixion and I are complaining too...

Marcella said:
    We got a death challenge we smashed with 6k+ points above everyone else.

No one even got a truefavour. Highfavours at best. Absolutely no recognition or anything else.

Then Karagash killed us all with rats.

Wonderful, we sure 'got' a lot right.
    Minor correction: I got a 3 day TF, I guess because I had scored more than every other org combined.

I'm really not complaining, or at least I don't think I am, and more just sharing my side of things. Hopefully everyone can just take something positive away from the discussion, no matter how you felt about the event. I personally appreciate every perspective offered here, even the third hand accounts.
    I think instead of complaining that you didn't get something that someone else did, you should be happy that you had an event at all. Happy Solstice.
  • Marcella said:
    I told Davos to point it at Mag too, but it didn't work to point it anywhere but Gaudi apparantly

Interesting. Hallifax invents Doom Laser. Swivel technology out of reach.
  • SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    I had a lot of fun with the event, spent more time on prime since leaving Magnagora, so that was nice. I also enjoyed being part of the Resistance, thanks to Ari for loaning a clan.

I just wish Glomdoring was more united in their plans instead of being a fish that was pulled out of the water.
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • I generally hate events, so I stay away from them.. Live in la la land, and try not to get in the way. But over all what I could see of it, and I don't have lots of time anymore to be around, it looked fun. I love hunting things, so getting foam for the few that needed some (when it was thought to be ten) was fun for me to get to help with.

So to thanks for the entertaining "Here's your new/fixed Deamweaving skill event!"

Currently Playing in: The doctors office. One more needle and I might just lose it again.
This discussion has been closed.